Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Haha.. thats funny..

Come see me when you need a job. Maybe I'll help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Roberto? You are 100% certain that NO ONE can take YOUR JOB?? I'd be really surprised if you HAVE one.

RR

Actually, I am an American. I was born and raised here. My Grandparents were immigrants from Europe. So, no, I am not a proud Latino.

But there are many contributions that Latinos have made the world.

I'll just throw in a small one for now:

History of LASIK

Fifty-five years ago, Professor Dr. Jose I. Barraquer of Bogata, Colombia invented the technique called Keratomileusis. He learned to separate the superficial corneal surface with an innovative, yet delicate instrument called microkeratome, by removing a small piece of cornea, refining it with a lathe, and then suturing it back into place. This led to the beginning of the corneal refractive surgery era. Professor Dr. Barraquer is called the father of modern refractive surgery.

Forty years after the first trial of Dr. Barraquer’s procedure, Dr. Trokel used the excimer laser directly on the outermost layers of cornea to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, which is now called PRK. (Photo Refractive Keratectomy) (The excimer laser is in the ultraviolet wavelength of 193 nanometers). This procedure is very popular, but its limitation is the unpredictability in higher ranges of refractive error and higher risk of corneal haze after surgery. In 1990 Dr. Buratto and Dr. Ionnis Pallikaris of Greece adapted and combined these two techniques, creating the basic concept of LASIK, which are highly precise and have few, if any, complications. Therefore, LASIK is very popular nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Defens
    Hi Roberto, you are obviously a proud latino, that is fine, please explain the source of your pride. Namely the world changing accomplishments of the proud Latino peoples. Did they invent the Airplane? Electricity? The Automobile? The Locomotive? Advancements in Medical Science? Space Travel? Computers? The Internet you are on right now? The Great Humanitarian Efforts like WWI and WWII to free the oppressed? Gunpowder? Nuclear Power? High Speed Rail Service? The Lightbulb? The Telephone? Fiber Optics? The Lazer? The Assembly Line? Space Probes? Orbiting Telescope? International Space Station? Hydro-Electric Power? Wind Power? Solar Power? The Fuel Cell? The Submarine? The Aircraft Carrier? The Cruise Ship? Satellites? The Cell Phone? Many different countries from around the world contributed to the world's greatest achievements listed above, please push back the frontiers of our ignorance and enlighten us to the many contributions Latinos have made to the World Society? Since your Latino heritage seems to be a great source of pride, it would greatly aid in the understanding between Latinos and Anglos if you would tell us what you are proud of! I am not trying to be provocative, I really want to know.

You really dont want to get into that... but it cant be done..

Quote Originally Posted by ColdPlay
    Someone should offer Roberto's job to an illegal for half the pay he receives. Then we would see how 'secure' his job is.

CP

Now I understand 100%!

This is why you are and will always be a freelance author and junk-book salesman...

and you are calling me a dunce? hehe

Wow.. life is funny sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    Ya know, I've lived in the ultra-liberal Bay Area for the last 30 years, and I've been debating the illegal immigration issue in the public prints and over the radio airwaves for the last 15 years, with people who almost completely disagree with everything I say. I mention this because I certainly feel theres a place for open and honest discourse with people who respectfully disagree with eachother's opinions.

On the other hand, I draw the line with wasting much breath on dull, double-talkers like this Roberto fellow (please, Rob ole bean, spare me your hand-wringing at this terrible, terrible lack of "respect" on my part) who give you this line of double-talk: "Yes, I certainly don't support illegal immigration or open borders, and now let me tell you all the reason why I think endless millions of people should be allowed to flood across the borders of your country whenever they feel like it, because you don't 'own' this country and everybody else has just as much a right as you to come trampling into 'your' country as you do."

But the real reason why I draw the line with wasting breath on the Robertos of the world (and this post is addressed to the other people on this site, not him) is because they have nothing new to say, just the same old tired blather we've all heard a million times before. Its getting too late in the game to waste time with this crap. I'm all for debate, all for tryng to reach as many open-minded people as possible. But the situation as I see it is akin to being in a boat with a big hole in the bottom that is in fact sinking. And as we try to fix the hole, there will always be some double-talking b.s. artist who looks over at us and says: "We need to have an open and honest debate about the hole in the boat. My position is that we need to make the hole even BIGGER so that MORE water can come flooding into the boat, because, after all, we all know that good ole H20 is a good thing for human beings and therefore the bigger the hole the better it is for all of us. Would you care to respond."

To which the only sane response from my perspective is: "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY YOU STUPID DOUBLE-TALKING DUNCE, DON'T WASTE MY TIME OR INTERFERE WITH ME WHILE I TRY TO FIX OUR BOAT BEFORE IT SINKS, AND IF YOU THINK I'M JUST KIDDING, THEN TRY ME."

And, in my opinion, thats just about as much breath as I'll waste on "respectful" people like this Roberto windbag.

You are correct. I should not have stooped to his level.

But I do find it funny that you only mention this about me and have nothing to say about Sixx's comments to me. I mean, being that that was my only response to him. I think I handled myself fairly well.

I wouldn't expect any different though.

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    You pridefully state that you live by a high moral standard. Well ... eggskose me!

Then you stick your foot in your mouth and eradicate your piety by your statement:

Typical Ignorant Ass = Sixx
    That's really highly moral, isn't it? <sarcasm!>

Because you disagree with Sixx does not give you the right to label him an "ass."

I disagree with people but I attempt to keep my comments civil.

I won't resort to calling them asses. I read the rules when I joined up here. I think name-calling is against the rules.

- as it should be!

I appologize to you for not responding to your post I have been trying to keep up but have had so many responses to my initial post. I have to tell you that I do understand what you are saying. I even agree with some of the same things as you believe. But not everything. And the anger you are speaking about that is built up in America... I have to disagree with that statment. The anger is built up in SOME Americans. Not all. I too, hope that one day this can all be resolved in a civilized way. However, that day seems far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Roberto,

Dont confuse anger for ignorance. Im disappointed you did not respond to my post directly to you.

You may be concerned about Visa's but I can assure you that the American public is in no mood for Visa expansions at this time due to the rampant abuse of our borders and existing visa programs.

This is not Mexico, this is not Sudan nor Iraq nor China. This is the United States of America. The nation belongs to the people via the constitution and our laws. Our laws say that you cant enter without permission. The people say you can't enter without permission. Around 3 million non-Americans are defying our will and our laws per year and you may not feel that anyone needs our permission or should respect our laws, but we do.

We are in a race againt time because the slight anger you see here on this board is nothing compared to the rage building up in America. ALIPAC seeks to channel that anger into legal and civic minded activities to restore lawful behavior in regard to immigration.

Should we fail, and this is my personal opinion only... I think all hell is going to break lose. We all want to avoid that, but Americans will not allow our nation to be taken away from us without a fight.

If the laws are obeyed and enforced, our constitution honored, and the oaths of those in office are adhered to then this situation will be resolved in a humane and civilized way.

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by roberto
    You are correct. I should not have stooped to his level.

But I do find it funny that you only mention this about me and have nothing to say about Sixx's comments to me. I mean, being that that was my only response to him. I think I handled myself fairly well.

I wouldn't expect any different though.

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    You pridefully state that you live by a high moral standard. Well ... eggskose me!

Then you stick your foot in your mouth and eradicate your piety by your statement:

Typical Ignorant Ass = Sixx
    That's really highly moral, isn't it? <sarcasm!>

Because you disagree with Sixx does not give you the right to label him an "ass."

I disagree with people but I attempt to keep my comments civil.

I won't resort to calling them asses. I read the rules when I joined up here. I think name-calling is against the rules.

- as it should be!
    Are you a visitor from FR? Sure sound like one! :P

As a matter of fact, I am a "freelance author," I've had four books published already with a fifth one on the way. I have no idea why this Roberto fellow thinks that makes me a dunce like him. Guess its his attempt to be clever.

Roberto,

This board and this country is in no mood to approve visa expansions. Once again, we already let more people immigrate legally to the US.. 1.2 million and that is more than any other nation in the world.

We should be the best in the world in your book.

Also, if you like Visa expansions, you should also be very very happy right now because Congress is expanding visas left and right.

If you have not read up on the situation, we are in a fight to stop elite corporations from completely erasing america's borders and trying to stop the largest wave of people to ever hit the nation at once with 3/4's of it being illegal.

I agree that our immigration system needs to be made more user friendly, but this country is in no mood to talk about increasing legal immigration when our very borders are in danger and the entire nation is in danger of being more like a 3rd world nation.

You might want to reconsider your priorities on this because the American public is backlashing against ALL immigration.

Do you know there are lots of people that will not join or support ALIPAC because we support legal immigration at current or reduced levels?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would not have much problem at all with expanding visitors visas and such, so long as they are healthy and law abiding people. Increased tourism is only good for America. Problem is, they all too often do not leave when their visa expires.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast