Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

you obviously don't know many people from South and Central America. I personally know many.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    But are you also Americans for DENYING the good people of the world LEGAL Immigration? Because that is the big picture. And that is what is happening.
    You'll have to explain this to me.

Evidence?

No. I am not saying that. It should be controlled. But I beleive that denying 9 out of 10 people entry for a 6 month tourist visa is not the right way to do things either.
    And if you want to bring up the issue of people overstaying their tourist visa.. then you are bringing up another topic. As I said.. "controlled" and "denied" are two different things..

As I said.. I do beleive that it should be controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF202
    But are you also Americans for DENYING the good people of the world LEGAL Immigration? Because that is the big picture. And that is what is happening.
    You'll have to explain this to me.

Evidence?
    Basically hes saying we should let every single person into America that wants to enter, basically have no controls, no visa limits, no number limit etc.

Am I correct?

you obviously don't know many people from South and Central America. I personally know many.
    Your statement referred to the "people of the world", not people from South and Central America.

Go ahead, look it up.

And "the people of the world" are allowed to immigrate here legally.

So what's your point?

Or is it the "legal" part that bugs you?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

You are speaking about America is if you own it.

Did your ancestors have a right to immigrate? They did, didn't they? (Unless you are American Indian of course)

If that was the case, where would you be today?

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    "Denying the good people of the world immigration"??? Roberto, that has got to be one of the most assinine things I've heard since yesterday. Do you feel the people of the world have a "right" to immigrate to America? Do you feel Americans have an "obligation" to allow them to immigrate to America? And speaking of immigration: WE'RE ALREADY ALLOWING A LEVEL OF MASS IMMIGRATION THAT IS UNPRECEDENTED IN HUMAN HISTORY. So spare me your soppy sermonettes that imply we're somehow not doing enough for the "people of the world." If the people of the world want to live in great countries, then why don't they build their OWN damn great countries,as opposed to attaching themselves to the one WE built. Hmm, Robeto?

Oh.. so I guess in your mind Central and South America arent part of this world right? uh.... ok

You have no clue....

Your statement referred to the "people of the world", not people from South and Central America.

Go ahead, look it up.

And "the people of the world" are allowed to immigrate here legally.

So what's your point?

Or is it the "legal" part that bugs you?

You have no clue....
    That didn't take long, did it?

For the last time, explain to me how "the people of the world" are being prevented from immigrating here legally?

Well, in order to answer the question the way that you would like me to answer, I would need to research the statistics for every single country in the world. Those are stats that I do not have access to.

But, answering your question in the way that I am able to at this moment:

Out of the many different countries in the world, some countries are given US Visas more often than others. Why? Only the US Consulate can answer that. 8 or 9 out of every 10 people in Colombia for example, get denied for a tourist visa, While some other countries can walk right in...

For example:
    I personally know many people from South America. Specifically Colombia, Brazil, Peru. And going through the legal process to obtain a Tourist Visa to enter the US is not an easy task in those countries. I know people who work for airlines in these countries. Some who have worked for many years. They travel internationally to and from the US, and many other countries as well. So, If they spend one or two days in the US during a layover, in NY or Miami, one would think that they would not be a risk to overstay a tourist visa. If they were going to overstay, they would have done it already. Yet, when they apply for a tourist visa, they get denied. This is VERY common.

You have no clue....
    That didn't take long, did it?

For the last time, explain to me how "the people of the world" are being prevented from immigrating here legally?

Yet, when they apply for a tourist visa, they get denied. This is VERY common.
    Perhaps we're talking about two different things. To me, immigration means people make a permanent change of country of residence.

A tourist visa is just that, a temporary permit that allows the holder to reside in the host country for a specified period of time.

The part of your post I replyed to concerned immigration, not visas.

And, if you reply to this, I'm not ignoring you. I have some business to attend to.

Re: A few questions to all of the members here from an obser

You bring up so many divergent issues, I will address a few of them, in seperate posts

Quote Originally Posted by roberto
    Why do you feel so strongly about the illegal immigration issues in The US?
    Simple, it is that pesky word Illegal. This Country is based on the Rule of Law. Here you have a class of people that number in the millions that break the law with impunity. And it does not stop with Immigration Law*Ding! a Law broken*. In order to work *Ding! another Law broken*, they need fake ID's *Ding! another Law broken*. Fake ID's most likely are founded on a stolen ID *Ding! another Law broken*. Also need a fake (read stolen) SS Number, *Ding! another Law broken*. If they drive, fraudulent Liscense *Ding! another Law broken*. No Insurance *Ding! another Law broken*.

Then they get politically active and vote. Because voting is only for legal citizens, *Ding! another Law broken*. Their PACs (La Raza, MeCHa, El Pueblo, etc) are registered as tax exempt groups, and as such are not allowed to lobby, but they do lobby *Ding! another Law broken*.

I am not even going to address violent crime. The evidence is overwhelming that with a track record of breaking laws, there is a natural progression to other forms of crime. Kinda like Pot being a gateway drug leading to harder stuff. *Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding! another Law broken*.

Tell me Roberto, what laws are ok for me to break with impunity? I really want to know, because after 49 years of being a law abiding American Citizen, I got a lotta catchin' up to do!!

CountFloyd,
    I actually referred to both in my initial post. Both Tourist Visas and Immigration. I mentioned a scenario of Jose who couldnt see his sick daughter on a Tourist Visa.

Also, as I mentioned before. I am not here to argue or criticize anyone. I just have to say. You are correct.. Immigration is one issue. I guess my biggest issue is with Visas. I can understand a lot of points on Immigration. But the Visa thing is what really irks me.

And as I mentioned before.. i am not for open borders. We need control.

Yet, when they apply for a tourist visa, they get denied. This is VERY common.
    Perhaps we're talking about two different things. To me, immigration means people make a permanent change of country of residence.

A tourist visa is just that, a temporary permit that allows the holder to reside in the host country for a specified period of time.

The part of your post I replyed to concerned immigration, not visas.

And, if you reply to this, I'm not ignoring you. I have some business to attend to.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast