Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Booties I must compliment you- for a cocker spanial yous speak very good english...
    ( just kidding)
    yeah- as I undertand it- Mr Foxy has published pamplets telling his unwanted surplus population how to come to the US illegally. he is counting on it, cause it saves him the work of creating a decent country.
    as far as the slogan " it was better before they came here( the europeans) (on the other thread)
    I think Iwould like to point out that the aztec empire was very cruel and the peasants were hoping the spanish would liberate them.instead they were even worse-but the united states is not a spanish country- I fullly support the right of the mexicans to sue the spanish crown for lost gold etc and to move to spain.
    and let us not forget that many americans citizens are part Indian- my own daughter is cherokee and black feet indian-
    Rebecca ~

Quote Originally Posted by 77
    "illegal" immigration is a SYMPTOM of neo-liberal globalization, poor Mexican people should not be the victims and focus of the rage of American working and middle-class people. they are people just like you and me and many have had it much harder than any of us could probably even imagine. we are all victims - it is important we focus our energies on the root of our collective miseries - the corporate, international banker, financial oligarchs who view the world as a huge plantation. we are all victims - it is time to unite and not fight our Central and South American neighbors who are struggling even harder than we are.

Thanks.
    If you really believe what you have just said. Then why are you not fighting against Illegal Immigration. Instead of Feeding the globalization?

A good saying that you should remember. You can't run away from a problem, you have to face it head on.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

thelma--ARF! ARF! But, I am a BASSET HOUND!! THAT is probably why I speak such good English. If I was a cocker spaniel, I would probably only bark!!!!

YEP--let 'em go back to SPAIN. They wouldn't have to exert themselves and learn a new language! That's right about the Mexican government publishing pamphlets teaching them how to get here illegally. NO LIE.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I am using them to show the double standard that you often hear from the pro-illegal invasion folks.
    It surprises me that there is such tolerance and understanding for the poverty of latino countries,but not to the many here who are poor.
    Rebecca, I agree with this completely.

Has any one checked out his website.

From the few things that I read (I have to go back and read more) he does not have the American people's best interest at heart. It is all about more for the Mexicans and illegals. In fact he is telling us it is futile to resist.

Here is an application for a job under Jobs-Internships, notice it is only for people of color.

Jobs-Internships

1) National Program Coordinator

The Mexico Solidarity Network is seeking a full time staff person for a position that includes both teaching, as part of a study abroad program in Mexico, and organizing in the United States around issues confronted by undocumented workers, Zapatista solidarity and solidarity with the families of femicide victims in Ciudad Juarez and Chihuahua. Starting salary is $25,000 with a raise to $30,000 after a six-month probationary period.

Additional Qualifications:The position will be based in Mexico between 3 and 8 months per year and in Washington, DC the rest of the time. Orientation and training will take place in Chicago, IL. The position requires:

- At least a Master's degree in political science, economy, Mexican history, development, social movements or related field.

- Experience in grassroots organizing in the US context.

- Experience in teaching and/or popular education, with a grounding in the Marxist critique of capitalism and social movement theory.

- Experience in and knowledge of Mexico.

- A valid drivers license (either US or Mexican) and the ability to drive a 15-passenger van.

-English and Spanish fluency, including the ability to teach in English.

How to Apply: The Mexico Solidarity Network will accept resumes through December 15. The position will begin January 15, 2006. The position includes health insurance and four weeks paid vacation per
    year. Please forward your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to msn@mexicosolidarity.org.

2) Full time internships in Chicago or Washington, DC

The Mexico Solidarity Network is accepting applications for internships beginning in January 2006 in our Washington, DC office. Projects include:
    - building a national network in solidarity with Zapatista communities
    - building solidarity with families who are demanding justice for victims in the unsolved string of femicides in Ciudad Juarez
    - developing relationships with undocumented workers in the area

The internship has a minimum commitment of six months and includes at least one trip to Mexico, with opportunities to develop grassroots organizing and public speaking skills. Interns will be fully integrated into the staff of the Mexico Solidarity Network with responsibility for projects, participation in decision-making, and the expectation of a full time commitment. Interns should have a solid grounding in US-Mexico politics and be self-starters. Spanish fluency is a strong plus but not required. Experience with grassroots organizing and computer skills, particularly web site management, are also pluses. The Mexico Solidarity Network strongly encourages youth of color under the age of 30 to apply.

To apply for a Mexico Solidarity Network internship, please email the application below along with a three to five page writing sample (on the topic of your choice) to msn@mexicosolidarity.org.

NAME:

ADDRESS:

TELEPHONE:

EMAIL:

EDUCATION LEVEL:

WHY DO YOU WANT TO INTERN WITH THE MEXICO SOLIDARITY NETWORK?

WOULD YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR WASHINGTON, DC?

ARE YOU FLUENT IN SPANISH?

WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH GRASSROOTS ORGANIZING?

DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN CONGRESSIONAL LIAISON WORK? IF YES, PLEASE EXPLAIN.

DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS? IF YES, PLEASE EXPLAIN.

DO YOU HAVE WEB SITE SKILLS? IF YES, PLEASE EXPLAIN.

WOULD YOU PREFER TO WORK WITH ZAPATISTA SOLIDARITY, CIUDAD JUAREZ FAMILES OR UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS IN CHICAGO?

THE MEXICO SOLIDARITY NETWORK IS LOOKING FOR INTERNS WHO CAN START IN THE FIRST HALF OF JANUARY 2005 AND CAN MAKE AT LEAST A SIX MONTH COMMITMENT. WE CANNOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR COMMITMENTS OF LESS THAN SIX MONTHS. WHAT DATES ARE YOU AVAILABLE?

3) Alternative Economy Internship Program

The Mexico Solidarity Network is looking for students, recent graduates or community organizers who are interested in doing an internship in their city. There is no need to relocate for the internship and you can do it while attending college, high school or even working another job! The internship program is part of a fair trade/solidarity program organized by the Mexico Solidarity Network in coordination with three Zapatista women's cooperatives and a Zapatista coffee cooperative. During the internship, you will learn about the Zapatista struggle for autonomy and alternatives to the predominant capitalist model. You will develop public speaking capabilities. The internship is a paid position, with the amount of income depending on your time and organizing capacity.

Interns will receive material on indigenous rights and fair trade. Each intern will start with a package of fair trade items, including textiles and coffee produced by Zapatista cooperatives. Interns will organize at least one public presentation each week at which you will discuss indigenous rights and fair trade, and sell fair trade items produced in Zapatista cooperatives. You can keep 20% of the income from sales. Interns are expected to devote 3 to 6 hours per week, and can expect to earn $50 to $100 per week.

Presentations and sales can be organized at Sunday church services, community events, local universities, farmers markets, etc. For example, you can arrange to make a five-minute presentation at the end of a church service on Sunday morning, then sell fair trade items after the service. Or you can set up a table at university events, such as concerts, public talks or the cafeteria. Or you can arrange house parties where you discuss fair trade and indigenous rights, and sell fair trade items. Or you can request five minutes to speak at community events that are already organized, then set up a table at the events. You will be part of a growing fair trade movement that supports cooperative-based production in Zapatista communities.

To apply for the internship, please complete the following application and return it to MSN@MexicoSolidarity.org. Or call 773-583-7728 for more information.

NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY, STATE, ZIP:

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

TELEPHONE NUMBER:

WHERE DO YOU ATTEND SCHOOL?

WHY DO YOU WANT TO INTERN WITH THE MEXICO SOLIDARITY NETWORK?

HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK CAN YOU DEVOTE TO YOUR INTERNSHIP?

WHAT POSSIBILITIES EXIST IN YOUR COMMUNITY FOR SELLING FAIR TRADE ITEMS?

WHAT UNIVERSITY, COMMUNITY OR SOCIAL GROUPS HAVE YOU WORKED WITH OVER THE PAST FIVE YEARS?

THE MEXICO SOLIDARITY NETWORK IS LOOKING FOR INTERNS WHO CAN MAKE AT LEAST A SIX MONTH COMMITMENT. WE CANNOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR COMMITMENTS OF LESS THAN SIX MONTHS. WHAT DATES ARE YOU AVAILABLE?

WHAT IS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF ZAPATISMO?

WHAT IS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF FAIR TRADE?

PLEASE PROVIDE TWO REFERENCES:

IF SELECTED AS AN INTERN, THE FIRST SHIPMENT OF SUPPLIES HAS A VALUE OF APPROXIMATELY $700. BECAUSE WE DON'T RECEIVE ANY MONEY UP FRONT FROM INTERNS, MSN ASKS THAT INTERNS PROVIDE A MAJOR CREDIT CARD NUMBER AS A MEANS OF INSURANCE. DO YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD THAT COULD BE USED FOR THIS PURPOSE?

Here is just one of the stories from the news section

3. US BEGINS ROBOT FLIGHTS TO MONITOR BORDER
    On Thursday, the Border Patrol began unmanned flights using advanced Predator B remote controlled planes to monitor undocumented immigration in desert regions along the Arizona border. The US$14 million plane is controlled from Fort Huachuca. In recent years, Arizona has become the principle entry point for undocumented workers trying to avoid more heavily patrolled areas in California and Texas.

Meanwhile, at least 460 Mexicans died during fiscal year 2005 trying to cross the border, and increase from 383 the previous year. The Border Patrol only counts bodies it actually finds, which means that the numbers are likely significantly higher. Family remittances from migrant workers have increased dramatically in recent years, from US$8.9 billion in 2001 to US$16.6 billion in 2004, indicating that increased investment in border security is a waste of taxpayer money.

http://www.mexicosolidarity.org/News%20 ... 02,%202005 <http://www.mexicosolidarity.org/News%20and%20Analysis/2005/>

And he is suggesting fighting immigration is not the solution....What?.. we should work together and help him.

I think we need to clarify something here. We are not against immigrants (those who came here legally). We are opposed to illegal Aliens(Those who enter our country by entering it illegally and breaking our immigration laws) I am sick of MSM trying to say we are against immigrants when it is simply not true.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Theres plenty of blame to go around. But the main reason that Mexicans are fleeing their own country of Mexico by the millions is because the Mexican people have ruined their own country. Primarily by over-breeding themselves into hopeless poverty. Now, they're flooding into our country and doing the exact same thing here. Is it "compassion" to let them do it? I don't think so. You ever hear the phrase: "You made your bed, now lie in it." Well how 'bout: "You made your country, now live in it."

exactly !-ace backwards- you made your own country ,now live in it-

Excellent investigative work, Darlene. I didn't even BOTHER to go to his/her website after reading what he/she posted but you have exposed him/her! Personally, I think 77 took a WRONG TURN when he/she ended up on ALIPAC. It might be a good idea for him/her to check their map and reroute themselves to some other site.

I believe we are being HAD, KIDS!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I think 77 took a WRONG TURN when he/she ended up on ALIPAC. It might be a good idea for him/her to check their map and reroute themselves to some other site.
    I was thinking the exact same thing Bootsie.

No one put a gun to their head, I assume, to come here. They CHOSE to break our laws. They are to blame, as well as others. We can blame THEM for being here, we can blame our government for letting them be here, and we can blame the scum bag employers for giving them jobs.

I have a small violin playing their song and my fingers are getting sore.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast