Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You're extrapolating based on current trends outward to 2050 or 2060, and even then you're not being accurate. Yes, in 2050 or 2060 we might have a population as dense as Britain's - but only if 2.7 billion more people move to or are born in the US in that time than leave the US or die. That would translate into an immigration + births / emigration + deaths rate of over 50 million people per year, which is vastly higher than what we have. And if that happened, we would still be nowhere near the population density in most of China or India. It's absurd.

Would it be bad to have the population density of Europe? I don't know. They seem to cope. But don't raise absurd speculations without thinking about whether they reflect reality. Let's say that 3 million more people come in or are born per year than leave or die, which I think is about right. That would mean that it would take FOUR CENTURIES for the US to reach the population density of Europe. I think that's time enough to absorb them all.

"Extrapolating" into the future is always an iffy thing. There are so many variables. But consider this: Probably about 30 million new immigrants flooded into America just over the last 10 years. And these recent immigrants are making babies at TWICE the rate of native-born Americans. They are in fact DOUBLING their population every generation. What was 30 million becomes 60 million in just one generation. Becomes 120 million by a second generation. Becomes 240 million by just a third generation. Becomes . . . . I know you're not that concerned with the population growth issue, Legal Immigration, and you feel there is plenty of space here, and etc. And you're entitled to your opinion, for it IS a matter of opinion. But my opinion? I'm deeply alarmed. At present, not only is our population growing, but the RATE that its growing is growing. We haven't even begun to slow THAT down. And keep in mind, the countries most of these immigrants are fleeing from -- China and Mexico being the worst offenders -- both have one thing in common: the most irresponsible breeding practises on the planet. My opinion is: thats precisely why they're fleeing those ruined countries. And i sure don't want them to start doing the same thing here. Which is precisely what they're doing.

I'm not talking about just absorbing them, and assimilation. I'm talking about mainting rural areas, greenspace, etc suburban exspansion, .

I read all sorts of population speculative census and stats, algorithisms where used, cultural, ethnic, racial, an entire host of mathmatical computations used. And still noone can agree when we will reach a billion. The way I see it, is, if we 10 years ago, had just under 4 billion on the planet, and now have close to 7, using a variable of a -1 dispersed among the worlds largest nations (landmass) you come out with nasty numbers...with the exception of Russia, which has a falling birthrate.

I'f I remember correctly, it was US Pop 1 Billion by 2070
    Europe by 2080-90

www.psu.edu/stat/vari_pop/Kessel/03

Prof Kessel caused a bit of a controversy with his calculations, specifically, because you caqnnot calculate, cultural/religeous/ethnic birthrates, so max variables must be assumed.
    Freedom suppressed and again regained bites with keener fangs than freedom never endangered

I deeply resent this comment. I work hard; I speak excellent English; I contribute to society; I pay my taxes, even without a vote; I pay into Social Security when I am not allowed to receive Social Security; and if I were allowed to become one, I would become an American citizen. I receive no benefits; I am not a gang member; I do not smuggle drugs or people. All I demand is that I can have a level playing field on which to offer my skills and talents to the betterment of the society in which I have chosen to live. Choose your words more carefully before you generalize like this. Withdraw your comments, sir, or acknowledge that what you say here is not true for many in the immigrant community. I know that you later focus on illegal immigrants, but your comment above is addressed to immigrants in general.
    Go back and reread my post because obviously you don't have a clue what I said. The people I was bashing was the illegal aliens. Unless your an illegal alien then I don't see what you have to be so upset about. As far as withdrawing my comments and acknowledge me being wrong. No I don't think so because I know what I said to be true and your the one who is way off base. I'm not going to apologize for speaking the truth and if you don't like it, well gee that's just too bad. I could care less if you resent it or not. While my comment was referring to the illegals there are legal immigrants who act just the same as the illegals do. Just refer to the refugees that come here from third world nations and alot of them are no better than the illegal aliens. Alot of them contribute to sucking our systems dry, join gangs, committ crimes, etc. I blame alot of that on our inept government and their lack of ability to know when to quit and turn the spigot off so to speak. Yes immigration is out of control both illegal and legal. Too many people are coming in and we don't have the resources and space available to assimulate them. We need to enforce our laws and drastically reduce the number of legal immigrants coming in until we get alot better control of this situation.

And 80% of the prison population are men. Throw the men out, I say!
    What's with the hostility? I stated a fact and I guess you couldn't handle it. Again are you legal or are you not? 30 percent of the prison population are ILLEGAL ALIENS. What's so bad about stating that which is fact?

So if I come here to work and to contribute, as I have; if I make a life here, and build a life here; then, unlike American citizens, I have no right to security of tenure of my property, and can be deported on a whim? It's people like you who are making my life really difficult!
    Just because you come here to work doesn't mean you have a right to be in my country. Show me in the constitution that states foreigners have a right to migrate to this country at will without permission. Gee is that like under the first amendment? Oh yeah even if you are a legal immigrant you still can get your green card revoked and yes you can be deported at any time, although it would most likely be if you committed a crime of some sort. It is a privilege for you to be in this country. Just like receiving a drivers license. Your claiming it's people like me making your life really difficult. How? If you obey the laws you have nothing to fear. If your a lawbreaker legal or illegal then yes you should be afraid. Heck I want you to be afraid if your a lawbreaker. I don't want you to be welcomed or made to feel comfortable if you violated the law. That's what I'm getting at. I don't have a problem with immigration if it's legal, they obey the law and not become a burden to society, but even I feel that legal immigration needs to be scaled back alot (200,000 would be nice instead of 2 million). I get sick of this attitude from people like you that think just because they come here even legally that they are entitled to something. Like America owes you a living. We don't owe you a damn thing. Again it's a privilege to be in this country and you should be greatful. If your an illegal then I hope you get rounded up and deported immediately. I don't care how difficult that makes your life.

It's amazing how I can make your life difficult when I'm just some strange dude on the internet stating his opinion, oh the horror.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

hey dman, you think that's bad, take a gander at the positions some take about immigration on the following forum.

http://phillyblog.com/philly/showthread.php?t=6166

http://phillyblog.com/philly/showthread.php?t=5215

http://phillyblog.com/philly/showthread.php?t=4600
    Freedom suppressed and again regained bites with keener fangs than freedom never endangered

Quote Originally Posted by Valis_of_Istari
    hey dman, you think that's bad, take a gander at the positions some take about immigration on the following forum.

http://phillyblog.com/philly/showthread.php?t=6166

http://phillyblog.com/philly/showthread.php?t=5215

http://phillyblog.com/philly/showthread.php?t=4600
    I couldn't registered for that blog. I'd probably get banned in about 2 seconds.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by LegalImmigrant
    I think that h8ted may have a point. In the discussions I have been having, it is amazing how quickly a discussion of immigration tips over into a discussion of the superiority of white culture, comments about skin color and insults against Mexicans.
    I am not sure if you are a liar, or just too stupid to know better. Show me any post in which someone here claimed that "white" culture was any better than any other. We view AMERICAN culture as superior to those of central and south america... and last I checked, america consisted of whites, blacks, yellow, red, brown, etc. If you have the concept that America is a "white" culture, then it is YOU who have the fixation upon race. If the culture here were not superior, then nobody would be wanting to leave their own to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalImmigrant
    It's true that "Mexican" is a nationality rather than a race, but it is futile to ignore the fact that part of the discomfort with substantial illegal immigration from Mexico comes from the fact that Mexicans are mostly of a different race to white Americans.
    It is also irrelevant, except to those who see the world thru purely racial lenses... racists such as yourself. I am concerned only with massive numbers of illegal aliens entering our country and commiting crimes, as well as placing burdens upon our society. What RACE they happen to be matters not. If these were WHITE people streaming across our borders from some country such as Canada, I woud feel EXACTLY the same as I do about hispanics doing it. YOU would probably see a difference then, however, and support our efforts. As you say, many crossing the borders are not Mexican at all, but MOST are, and those who are not, are being aided in coming here by Mexico.

deleted

deleted

Legal Immigrant: "Superiority of white culture"????????

These are subjective standards, of course, but theres a general sense that America is a better, more liveable, country than the countries these immigrants are fleeing from. ANd isn't that premise backed up by the fact that these immigrants are leaving their own countries for a "better life" here? (P.S. I have an Indian guru. My mother had a Native American Indian maiden name. Personally, I like and respect all cultures; its like comparing apples and oranges. But I know some people who don't like oranges. Big deal. If someone thinks their culture is "superior" to another culture, so what? So what? I think the New YOrk Yankees are a superior organization than the Boston Red Sox. So what?)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast