Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Romney was on Hewitt today (1/11), and said that McCain is exactly where he was before on illegal immigration and still intends to provide a form of amnesty for 10-20 million, which he (Romney) "strongly disagrees with."

He plans on winning Michigan and that he has the funds to go the entire distance. This is a fluid race, not that long ago Rudy was in the lead, and this is a different race with new rules.
    Did you see this article?? So far, I have emailed it to all email addresses that I could find for the Detroit, Saginaw, and Dearborn police departments!!!

http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news24.htm
    Good. Any newspapers to send it to?
    Yes!!!! Here are links!!!

MICHIGAN

Lansing State Journal
    http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps ... 8801090443

Detroit News
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 8801090322

WZZM13 - News
    http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article ... ryid=85948

http://www.usnpl.com/minews.php

http://www.michiganweb.com/newspaper.html

http://jobsearchtech.about.com/library/ ... ers_mi.htm
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Here's an endorsement Romney received:

Press editorial board endorses Romney
    by Grand Rapids Press Editorial Board
    Friday January 11, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Note: This is an editorial running in Friday's edition of The Grand Rapids Press.

Many issues will confront the nation in the next four years, from the ongoing threat of terrorism to the need to find a sensible immigration policy. For Michigan, however, one challenge dominates: the economy. We stand at a critical moment, bearing on our backs a worst-in-the-nation unemployment rate, staring at an uncertain future.

Among Republicans on the ballot in Tuesday's presidential primary, two candidates would offer solid leadership, Arizona Sen. John McCain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. However, when it comes to Michigan's challenges and needs, the passion and knowledge of Mr. Romney tip the scales in his favor. During a visit with Press editors this week, Mr. Romney vowed, "I will not sleep until Michigan is strong and active and vibrant again." Because of that focus, MITT ROMNEY has our vote in the Republican presidential primary. We do so in the context of the current president, who has paid only cursory attention to the Detroit Three auto makers and Michigan's manufacturing woes.

Democrats will hold a primary, of sorts, the same day as Republicans. That race, however, is a disappointing non-contest. Four candidates -- most notably, Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois, and former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina -- scratched their names from the ballot, bowing to party rules. That leaves Democratic voters here a false choice among New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, minor players, and an artificial protest vote of "uncommitted." The Press, therefore, will not endorse in Michigan's Democratic presidential primary, regrettably. We, and Michigan as a whole, deserved to have a say in that contest.

Mr. Romney first came to the national stage as the turnaround man for the scandal-plagued 2002 Winter Olympics in Utah. His deft handling of the bribery mess and deficit is a case study in successful management. He served as governor of Massachusetts for one term, ending in 2006. There, he worked with the Legislature to enact a law that required every citizen of the state to have health insurance, and provided state aid for those who couldn't afford it. As president, he said he would push states to enact their own health care solutions. He would aggressively pursue alternative energy and energy efficiency. He supports merit pay for teachers and more educational choices for parents and children, ideas that deserve furtherance in Washington. The next president will need to transcend the stunting polarities that bedevil Washington. As the Republican leader of a Democratic state, Mr. Romney had to reach across partisan boundaries. Mr. Romney's father, George Romney, served as governor of Michigan in the 1960s, a tie that strengthens his understanding of Michigan. He knows that this state's job losses and struggle to find a new economic footing are the "canary in the mine," as he rightly put it, for the nation as a whole.

Mr. Romney's campaign has been dogged at times by his shifting stands. He was much more nuanced on matters such as immigration as a governor than as a candidate. That's troubling. However, running as a Republican has historically required deference to the right wing of the party. Think of our own Gerald Ford dumping his moderate vice president, Nelson Rockefeller, for the more conservative Robert Dole.

Maybe being tested so severely as a prisoner of war in Vietnam gave John McCain the strength and courage to seemingly not care what others think. Mr. McCain's compelling biography gives the measure of a man loathe to compromise core personal beliefs. His support for the Iraq war has been unwavering, but not uncritical. He railed against the prosecution of the war undertaken by President Bush and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, saying more troops and a different strategy were needed. The point proved prescient. Mr. McCain would offer a muscular foreign policy coupled with a pragmatic understanding of military capabilities.

But on the issue that matters most to Michigan, Mr. Romney's message resonates. In Grand Rapids this week, he said, "Michigan's one-state recession will come to an end if I'm president." That's a bold promise. Michigan voters should increase his chance to make it reality.

http://www.mlive.com/elections/michigan ... orses.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to contact the Auto Workers Union as well!!!

And, get a copy of last night's debate transcripts------where McCain said that the jobs are gone for good------but Romney said that he will do everything possible to save the jobs and to bring in more jobs!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I think Romney can beat the dead beat McCain down. He is just plain evil. I wonder what Arizona feels about McCain? Does anyone know?
    JOHN MCCAIN IS MEAN. HE NEEDS TO RETIRE. I THINK I READ SOMEWHERE THAT 85% OF HIS CONTRIBUTIONS COME FROM OTHER STATES, NOT ARIZONA.

RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Another endorsement:

Friday, January 11, 2008
    'Favorite son' Romney is best GOP choice in primary

EDITORIAL
    The Oakland Press

Michigan's presidential primary election Tuesday certainly has stirred enough controversy nationwide with both political parties.
    And despite possible sanctions from both national Democratic and Republican organizations, it offers Michigan residents a chance to send a message and make a statement.

Particularly on the GOP ticket, where all national presidential candidates will be listed.

We urge Republican Party faithfuls to stand up and vote for Mitt Romney. Although technically not a home state "favorite son," his ties to Michigan are strong.

His father, George, was an outstanding governor for Michigan from 1963-69. The fact that he was a Mormon didn't hinder his performance as the state's leader, and we doubt that Mitt's faith will have any negative effect also.

The elder Romney's main political problems stemmed from a "brainwashing" statement about the Vietnam War that today may still not be completely understood.

Meanwhile, Mitt Romney certainly has the credentials to run the country. He is a former Massachusetts governor who turned that state's economy around and proved to be a more than able leader.

His ties to Michigan and Oakland County are obvious.

He is a former Bloomfield Hills resident who attended Cranbrook Schools from 1959 until his graduation in 1965. There were hints of an interest in politics, apart from his father's political career, even back then. The younger Romney, at Cranbrook, was part of a select group that participated in a world affairs seminar focusing on global issues.

Romney is the first candidate for president with Michigan ties since the late Gerald Ford.

If elected, he would be the country's only Michigan-born president.

His interest in Michigan has been strong, probably stronger than any other GOP candidate.

He officially entered the 2008 presidential race during a gathering of about 1,200 supporters at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn last summer. Romney, 59, has also appeared before the Detroit Economic Club and at the Republican state convention in Grand Rapids.

Romney has already garnered support from some prominent local leaders.

Oakland County lawmakers endorsing him include state Reps. John Stakoe, RHighland Township; Marty Knollenberg, R-Troy; Chuck Moss, R-Birmingham; James Marleau, R-Lake Orion; John Garfield, R-Rochester Hills; Craig DeRoche, R-Novi; and Fran Amos, RWaterford Township; and state Sen. Nancy Cassis, R-Novi.

His backers also include Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson; state House Republican Leader Craig DeRoche, R-Novi; and Oakland County Republican Party Chairman Dennis Cowan.

Looking at the obvious, Romney entered the 2008 race with impressive backing in Michigan, and his ties to the state are undeniable. He has firsthand knowledge of the auto industry and its importance to Michigan.

Equally critical, Romney knows how to get a state out of debt and, being from Michigan, he certainly has an empathy for the state that the other candidates, both GOP and Democratic, don't have.

With Michigan's horrible economy and other problems, we need as much clout in Washington as possible and Romney promises to give us that.

We don't know who the Democratic candidate will be because only one of three front-runners will be on Tuesday's ballot. It's difficult, if not impossible, to endorse one at this time.

But there's no doubt whom state Republicans should vote for - Mitt Romney.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/ ... 1161.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I think Romney can beat the dead beat McCain down. He is just plain evil. I wonder what Arizona feels about McCain? Does anyone know?
    JOHN MCCAIN IS MEAN. HE NEEDS TO RETIRE. I THINK I READ SOMEWHERE THAT 85% OF HIS CONTRIBUTIONS COME FROM OTHER STATES, NOT ARIZONA.

The Governor of Arizona endorsed Hillary today, not McCain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I would venture a guess that he gets his fair share of contributions from OBL and cheap labor type interests.

Once I have more time, I'll check here:

www.opensecrets.org

I HOPE that Michigan voters are reading these articles!!

Did you hear who is going to be in SC endorsing McCain??? Graham, Kyl, Warner, Lott and Brownback (I think that there were others, but I cannot remember who)!!!!

McCain and Romney

Did you hear who is going to be in SC endorsing McCain??? Graham, Kyl, Warner, Lott and Brownback (I think that there were others, but I cannot remember who)!!!!
    Those endorsements of McCain are another reason why voters should choose Romney over McCain.

Well, as we rememeber, it was Kyl who signed into the terrible amnesty bill they tried to shove down our throats and he is McCain's fellow AZ Senator. Graham, Brownback and even Lott -- we know about their bad records on illegal immigration.

Jim DeMint, an amnesty fighter, not surprsingly, endorsed Romney a long time ago.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast