Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hewitt is replaying McAmnesty's pitch for Z-Visa (amnesty) nonsense on Hannity last night. I can't listen to his lies!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm confused. If the Democratic Party stripped all of Michigan's delegates, why is Michigan even having a Democratic primary? Why isn't there just a Republican primary there? It seems like Democrats shouldn't even be voting.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    I'm confused. If the Democratic Party stripped all of Michigan's delegates, why is Michigan even having a Democratic primary? Why isn't there just a Republican primary there? It seems like Democrats shouldn't even be voting.
    Not sure Pat; I'd have to research this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is Romney describing McCain and immigration on the Hewitt show today (1/11):

HH: Now after the debate was over, both Senator McCain and you went on Hannity & Colmes, and I quite distinctly heard Senator McCain say the path to citizenship is still part of his immigration plan. In fact, I don’t think he’s changed his plan at all, just the sequencing of it. I don’t know if you heard the same thing. Did you?

MR: Oh, yes, he’s exactly where he was before. And by saying that now he’s learned from the American people, and that he’s going to secure the border first, that’s all fine and well. But he still intends to provide amnesty to illegal aliens. You know, he says well, those have committed crimes will be ushered out of the country. Fine. I don’t know what that number is. He uses a number of two million. But that means that ten million or perhaps fifteen million or twenty million would be allowed, under his plan, to remain in this country. And that is a form of amnesty, and it’s something which I strongly disagree with. I welcome legal immigration, but I do not think we should say to people who come here illegally that they have a right to stay here for the rest of their lives.

Banned
    I welcome legal immigration, but I do not think we should say to people who come here illegally that they have a right to stay here for the rest of their lives.
    The part that Mitt does NOT answer is how long they CAN stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Here is Romney describing McCain and immigration on the Hewitt show today (1/11):

HH: Now after the debate was over, both Senator McCain and you went on Hannity & Colmes, and I quite distinctly heard Senator McCain say the path to citizenship is still part of his immigration plan. In fact, I don’t think he’s changed his plan at all, just the sequencing of it. I don’t know if you heard the same thing. Did you?

MR: Oh, yes, he’s exactly where he was before. And by saying that now he’s learned from the American people, and that he’s going to secure the border first, that’s all fine and well. But he still intends to provide amnesty to illegal aliens. You know, he says well, those have committed crimes will be ushered out of the country. Fine. I don’t know what that number is. He uses a number of two million. But that means that ten million or perhaps fifteen million or twenty million would be allowed, under his plan, to remain in this country. And that is a form of amnesty, and it’s something which I strongly disagree with. I welcome legal immigration, but I do not think we should say to people who come here illegally that they have a right to stay here for the rest of their lives.
    After a few questions from Hannity yesterday about his plan, McCain just refused to answer. I can't remember what he said........Something like......."We went through this during the debate"------But, he wouldn't answer anymore!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I welcome legal immigration, but I do not think we should say to people who come here illegally that they have a right to stay here for the rest of their lives.
    The part that Mitt does NOT answer is how long they CAN stay here.
    IIRC, in another debate or interview I head him say 120 days, but that it was something that would need to be firmed up later after he was in office. IMO, that's a heck of a lot better than what the Huckster or McAmnesty are offering!! Huckster wants touchback amnesty and McAmnesty wants outright amnesty (even though he doesn't want it called amnesty).

A vote for Huckabee or McCain is a vote for amnesty, pure and simple.

What I can't believe is that people are supporting McAmnesty after we just fought a hard battle against him last summer when he was teamed up with his buddy, Teddy Kennedy, trying to pass their amnesty bill!! Do these people have amnesia or something!?!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

The part about how long they stay was discussed and answered in several threads.

I think Romney would be easier to deal with on the issue than Huckster or McCain, particularly McCain. He will use a win to try to kill the debate once and for all.

Other than Hunter and Tancredo, Romney is the only candidate who has even uttered the words "sovereignty" and "balkanization". I realize he's carrying the baton on behalf of Tancredo, but he's at least shown a willingness to address those important aspects of illegal immigration. He mentioned sovereignty in one of the debates, and I read a quote about balkanization in an article awhile back. It was excerpted from one of his speeches. I'll search later when I have time to see if I can find it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    I think Romney would be easier to deal with on the issue than Huckster or McCain, particularly McCain. He will use a win to try to kill the debate once and for all.

Other than Hunter and Tancredo, Romney is the only candidate who has even uttered the words "sovereignty" and "balkanization". I realize he's carrying the baton on behalf of Tancredo, but he's at least shown a willingness to address those important aspects of illegal immigration. He mentioned sovereignty in one of the debates, and I read a quote about balkanization in an article awhile back. It was excerpted from one of his speeches. I'll search later when I have time to see if I can find it.
    Paul and Hunter talk more about sovereignty than every other candidate COMBINED!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast