Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist

By all accounts, Romney is a very intelligent and successful fellow. Some may not like him because of this or call him "inauthentic," but I respect him.
    According to poncy David Brooks of the New York Times, all of the Republican candidates "hate Romney". I put another check mark by his name when I heard that.
    Maybe not Thompson.......I don't thnk that Thompson hates him-----but definitely McCain and Huckabee do
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Who is Hugh Hewitt?

[quote=Bren4824][quote=PinestrawGuys][quote=Bren4824]
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys":hfymmbno]You can't seriously believe that the man has NO INFLUENCE over the company he FOUNDED, can you???

The company that is STILL TO THIS DAY paying him dividends, and probably has his private cell phone number on speed dial!!

Who's living in a dream world???[/quote]

Okay, prove all of this!![/quote]

[url="http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/pfd2006/N00000286_2006_Pres.pdf
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/pfd2006 ... 6_Pres.pdf[/url]

18 different listings for Bain Capital, 5 of which are listed at over $1 million each, on page 34 of 47. I'm not going through the rest of it, that's proof enough for me and anyone else reading this thread.
    This DOESN"T mean anything!!

However, believe what you are going to believe!!

I will just agree to disagree with you on this, and end it right here.
    Wow Bren,

You ask me for proof and then when I give you proof you tell me it doesn't prove anything. If you'd taken the time to follow the link you could see for yourself that Mitt still holds somewhere between $10 to $50 million in Bain Capital. Now that doesn't prove that they have his cell phone number on speed dial, but it does prove that he's still connected to the company that he FOUNDED that's representing a Chinese company in the buyout and takeover of an American defense contractor.

Doesn't it???
    Some info for you about Bain:

Bain Capital Ventures is the Boston-based venture capital arm of Bain Capital, whose affiliates manage over $50 billion of assets. Founded in 1984, Bain Capital and its affiliates have invested in over 230 companies with such notable successes as Doubleclick, Gartner Group and Staples. Our history of investing in early stage companies also dates back to 1984, having made over 117 venture-stage investments since inception. In 2001, we formed Bain Capital Ventures as a separate arm of Bain Capital to focus exclusively on growth investments.

Bain Capital Ventures currently has close to $1 billion under management and is focused on investing in companies that meet the following criteria:
    Industries

We invest in software, hardware, wireless, information-services, healthcare, technology-driven business services, retail, and consumer businesses.[/quote:hfymmbno]Doesn't matter what they invest in or where they invested first the fact is they're involved with companies in China. When Clinton took money from a the Chinese he then tried to return them the favor with ports in Long Beach and the Panama Canal.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

[quote=sturmruger]Who is Hugh Hewitt?

[quote=Bren4824][quote=PinestrawGuys]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824":2h6z0dhf][quote="PinestrawGuys":2h6z0dhf]You can't seriously believe that the man has NO INFLUENCE over the company he FOUNDED, can you???

The company that is STILL TO THIS DAY paying him dividends, and probably has his private cell phone number on speed dial!!

Who's living in a dream world???[/quote]

Okay, prove all of this!![/quote]

[url="http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/pfd2006/N00000286_2006_Pres.pdf
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/pfd2006 ... 6_Pres.pdf[/url]

18 different listings for Bain Capital, 5 of which are listed at over $1 million each, on page 34 of 47. I'm not going through the rest of it, that's proof enough for me and anyone else reading this thread.
    This DOESN"T mean anything!!

However, believe what you are going to believe!!

I will just agree to disagree with you on this, and end it right here.
    Wow Bren,

You ask me for proof and then when I give you proof you tell me it doesn't prove anything. If you'd taken the time to follow the link you could see for yourself that Mitt still holds somewhere between $10 to $50 million in Bain Capital. Now that doesn't prove that they have his cell phone number on speed dial, but it does prove that he's still connected to the company that he FOUNDED that's representing a Chinese company in the buyout and takeover of an American defense contractor.

Doesn't it???
    Some info for you about Bain:

Bain Capital Ventures is the Boston-based venture capital arm of Bain Capital, whose affiliates manage over $50 billion of assets. Founded in 1984, Bain Capital and its affiliates have invested in over 230 companies with such notable successes as Doubleclick, Gartner Group and Staples. Our history of investing in early stage companies also dates back to 1984, having made over 117 venture-stage investments since inception. In 2001, we formed Bain Capital Ventures as a separate arm of Bain Capital to focus exclusively on growth investments.

Bain Capital Ventures currently has close to $1 billion under management and is focused on investing in companies that meet the following criteria:
    Industries

We invest in software, hardware, wireless, information-services, healthcare, technology-driven business services, retail, and consumer businesses.[/quote:2h6z0dhf]Doesn't matter what they invest in or where they invested first the fact is they're involved with companies in China. When Clinton took money from a the Chinese he then tried to return them the favor with ports in Long Beach and the Panama Canal.[/quote:2h6z0dhf]

There is NOTHING indicating that Romney did anything corrupt or immoral!!!---NOTHING!!!

Of course he is going to have business connections-----he is a businessman!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    The whole point of his connection to Bain is that their involved in a deal representing the Chinese AGAINST our national interest.

That's not just 'business as usual', or maybe it is these days...

Banned
    The funny deal is that I'm a businessman also

I also deal with China , through a middleman of course

For what I do , I don't have a choice , China is the only one making
    what I need

The whole point of his connection to Bain is that their involved in a deal representing the Chinese AGAINST our national interest.

I don't believe this........Again, Romney's character would not let him become involved in anything that would be against our national interests.

Banned
    Believe what you want to, Bren...

I found the article on World Net Daily regarding the deal they made with 3Com and the China company. 3Com's leaders are all computer geeks who worked for Compaq and other computer companies and they do networking.

Here's a company overview:

In 2007, 3Com extended its leadership position in the networking industry by acquiring 100 percent ownership of its former China-based joint venture, H3C Technologies Co., Limited (H3C). With the addition of H3C, 3Com has annual revenue of $1.3 billion (FY07 year ended June 3, 2007) and more than 6,000 employees (FY07) in over 40 countries.

If their ownership of this company is against our national interest, I find that a stretch.

Here's more:

3Com is continually strengthening the foundation of corporate networks with innovative new products that push “intelligenceâ€

Mitt Romney on North American Union---interviewed by Glenn Beck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy8r5yCLLj4
    This was great, Bren! Thanks for posting it! Doesn't sound like an open borders CFR globalist to me.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    That's NOT the deal I was referring to but I'm too tired to go try and find it tonight.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast