Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

worry

Like BobC says, we are glad you are here, keep watching and writing. My hyperbole is designed to bring out the laughable state of an issue that is beyond having been ignored too long.

The issue when followed to its logical conclusion leads to others like outsourcing, and free trade vs. protectionism, and wage degradation. You wrote;

"Although I actually should be worrying on other issues than on illegal aliens problem."

You are so right, there is no way a young legal inhabitant of this country should be worrying about their working future and the services that the government is meant to provide for it citizens. Will you get financial aid for school, will you be strapped with big medical bills if you don't have insurance or the sub standard job you may have to take does not offer anything worth a darn?

Many of us here are older, we lived in the older America and have a safety net built by an older system, more equitable and then the security derived from our own work. Illegals are a symptom of a leadership in America that doesn't care about you, only profits.

Though it is sad you have to consider this issue, please continue to do so and spread the news that illegal immigration is really going to adversely affect you and your cohorts that are here LEGALLY!! Hope you vote! Vote wisely. Never mind my cynicism, but living in New England as you do, you have to be somewhat used to it. cheers glenn

QUOTE:
    The bush guest worker programme is going too far in my humble pov, but at least he's trying hard to deal with the issue. And that's why I think the guest worker programme should be accepted by Congress, although I do have a bad feeling with such a guest worker program. But it's the lesser of the 2 evils.

Anyone who spells program 'programme" is not American. So why are you people listening to her? Look it up - it will take you right to a United Nations website.
    Not only is this a mole, but she seems to be getting alot of you bending towards the "amnesty solution." This smells like a plant! BobC, I am surprised at you.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

too kind to mention

HAHA!! I knew it was someone from England or thereabouts, the moment I saw "programme" I know you may not believe it, but it is why I engaged in the "hyperbole" just in case. It always pays to be polite just in case, that is why I eased up in my next posts.

Time to lower the BOOM! Like most moles, this one is BLIND!

Hey, if you are still there UN flunky, The RHINO bears down on the ROVER!!

If perchance you are english, remember Andrew Jackson, and know that ultimately, his spirit will RULE HERE!!! cheers glenn

I noticed too, and first thought French Canadian. Programme. Then I thought, well, she 's just not a real good speller. But when I saw neighbour instead of the usual neighbor used in the US, I started thinking she's on a student visa from somewhere.

Now, I think she's from England, because neighbour is the British variant of neighbor. But good job, Butterbean and Glenn, you blew it wide open.

I think I'm finished here, but you guys feel free to hang around!! At least she's getting an education. It's kind of late in England right now, isn't it ?
    Time for all smart students to go to sleep.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Butterbean--what'd I say that surprised you?

Butterbean?

Hey Bbean, interesting observation.

BobC and others can be glad NewEngland is here even if we do not agree with her.

Diverse opinions are healthy as long as everyone keeps their gloves on.

When I was in High School, I might have thought the same thing. That was before I learned that what I wanted in my heart and the way the world actually worked were two different things.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wait wait wait. I am NOT for amnesty. I didn't say I agreed with every word NewEnglandgirl said, but I can respect her opinion and use it as a springboard for rational debate. I don't think I'm as hard line as a lot of people here in the fact that I know farmers need people to work the fields because I grew up on a farm. Those of us who grew up on farms were encouraged, a lot of times, to get an education so we wouldn't have to shovel horse stalls or bale hay. So since a lot of us did exactly that, we need to be replaced by somebody.

Soooooo yeah I'd be for a guest worker plan where say Mexicans and Central Americans (really anybody) could go through a legal process where we'd document them, make them pay a bond that they'd only get back when they checked back out of the country when the seasonal field work was done. That way we'd know who was here, they'd pay taxes, and we could prosecute the employers who cut corner by hiring undocumented people.

By doing this, we could say how many people we let in, we could regulate their wages, get rid of identity theft, blah blah blah.

We should be able to discuss these kidns of proposals here without being mean to people.

all of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I'm glad you're here, NewEnglandgirl--I think it's great that we have rational people arguing a solution to our border problem. We do need some sort of guest worker program particularly in the Ag industry. get hung up most of the time.
    One of the warning signs that got me interested in this issue was Bush saying that to employ a non-American, an employer must PROVE that there are no Americans willing to do the job. I found that statement fascinating! My first question was, of course, what SYSTEM is in place whereby employers scour America for an American who'll do a partiular job. I mean, what is required, by law, of an employer to do to find a willing American? What is the process?
    There is NONE. It's all a lie. They aren't required by law to do a damn thig. Bush is lying.
    Well? Need I say more! Except, kiss kiss kiss.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BB--I'm kind of retarded, so you'll have to spell it out for me. I'm confused.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast