Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Looks like I got here a little late for this one but still I'd like to make a few observations.

Gato2005, I'd like to say to you if you were still around, that this site is probably the wrong site for you. As the name implies, it is Americans for Legal Immigration. Your comments do not ring true with its goal.

You were here to incite tension and division. There is one thing this site is NOT about and it is the idea of it being 'racists'. You need to understand what this site is about. It is about the word 'legality' with respect to immigration. You and others are either here in this country legally or illegally it is just that simple. That is what it is all about. If you are here legally and want to stay here, then I would expect you to work for the betterment of this country. If you are here legally and do not like this country, do not waste any more of your time here. You are free to go at any time. Just pay your financial debts before you leave. If you and others are here illegally, then it is time you and they go back to where you came from.

When I go to another country, the first thing customs agents want to see is my passport with the exception being Canada many years ago. Even that could be different now. I have to play by their rules. I want to ask you gato2005, if those illegals now in this country had their passports with them when they waltzed across the border? I think not! Crossing the border illegally makes them illegal pure and simple I don't care how you or anyone else feels about it. As your name implies, this is 2005 and what did or did not happen back in the 1800's is history. You and I must live in the here and now 2005. That means you and I and everyone else must live according to the existing laws here in the US. I don't care if the chip on your shoulder or any illegals shoulders is as big as a boulder, you must play by the rules we legals make. IF you are legal and not playing by the rules, you are doing something illegal and there are consequences or should be. Do you think for one minute what would happen if the illegals tried the same stunt in say counties like France, Germany, or Israel? They would not put up with illegals. They would be deported at some point or maybe experience some prison time.

I would like to hear your answers to my questions, "What other country can illegals show up on the door step to expect and demand an education for their children, benefits for financial assistance, drivers licenses......yes we still give drivers licensed in NC to illegals, free medical help.....yes just go to any ER......we legals are required to pay or present our insurance card with deductibles, and have no fear of being arrested or deported? One more thing, where else can illegals go where the politicians like McCain/Kennedy are trying to give them legal status selling out their constituents? What other country can you illegally get into so easily, stay so long without consequences? Know this; there IS a legal path for citizenship in this country. It is not too much to expect immigrants to follow it. If it is, they need to go to another country somewhere else.

IF THERE IS ONE STATEMENT THIS SITE IS SHOUTING OUT ABOUT, IT IS: CLOSE THE BORDERS TO ILLEGALS AND DO IT NOW!

I do believe the issue of 'anchor babies' needs to be addressed. I do not think illegals that have babies in this country and the baby ends up legal. There is something wrong with that kind of logic.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

tms

Well said straightshooter...
    We are not racist, illegal immigration is a problem, it is not a race issue. In Maimi for example many people have come over illegally in boats from Cuba.
    This is the number one issue face our country today. I feel if something is not done about this we may be having a war on our hands, at least one on the west coast/western states.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by patriotman
    I'll just add my father worked 3 jobs to put food on the table for me(construction, car repair, janitor) he fought in the war, and had to face some terrible things...I grew up with hard working Latinos all around me, having left their families in Mexico to find work they labored beside him on the construction crew, you bond with men like that without reference for ethnicity...as a result they were around for the holidays, and for late night dinners...heck I remember Antonio bouncing me on his knee and wrestling with me on the braided rug in front of the fireplace one day when it rained so hard they could not work...

I mention this for a reason...I am no stranger to the masses that have come from Mexico, but the Mexican laborer of 20-30 years ago was very different than the typical Mexican laborer of today...Antonio wanted to learn English and he made no pretense of actually wanting to be a U.S. citizen....for him it was just about money...he loved his country, his family.....but he never once disrespected our country, our flag, or our culture and he never attempted to force us to conform to his nation's norm.

I now live in the same city, less than a mile from where I grew up...back the no Mexican national would ever have thought to fly a Mexican flag, or to wear one on his apparel. Now, same city, a couple of decades later Mexican flags fly freely...people wear Mexican national apparel, they refuse to speak English, they open businesses only in Spanish and many refuse to serve "gringos". There was one Mexican grocery store I frequented for over 20 years. One day they told me to go back to my side of town, to my people, and that “we don't need your money here Gringo".

Blast it this is my city. We are now 4th generation here.

Ahhhh...so in summary I get tired of hearing about the hard working Mexicans. My dad did the same work, I have worked in agriculture, I have been a janitor, I have worked in restaurants...and my father and I worked besides Mexicans...and they were fine people...but I tell you this lot we have coming now...they are nothing short of scum...something has changed...and that something is the "education" they have received has been all about a "hatred" of America, repeated stories of the theft of their land etc. Face it, if Mexico really wanted to pawn its poor off on us they would simply teach in English in the schools, then their country men would blend in. But no, it really is about reconquest, it really is an invasion.

I live among these people. I have seen the "change" in their collective attitude. And I really, really fear we are losing our country. And I mean fear. At one time I was a boxer, I have been shot, I have been stabbed and slashed with a knife...frankly I do not "fear" much, but what I see genuinely scares me. Not so much for me, but for the future generations. I tell you the spirit of the Mexicans here in this country has changed. They are not your illegal of the 60s, 70s, or 80s...and it truly frightens me. They hate this country and want to make it like their own. And they are using our schools, our Government, and our courts to do it.

Patriotman
    That is what I have been saying about our family. This is how latinos used to be but like you said this was 20-30 years ago. Thanks to all these activist groups, a lot of them dont even bother integrating or learning english for that matter. Why would they when La Raza and La Mecha are brainwashing them into thinking we are the gringo devils and that this used to be mexico as well as telling them it is time for Reconquista.

tms

Sonali,

Thank you for bringing up the point patriotman brought up. I have noticed that too. I have only been around since the late 70's but have noticed a change. I was at a play area with a Spanish speaking family (don't know if they were legals or not) my daughter and I said hi and my daughter wanted to play with there daughter, anyways they quickly spoke somthing in Spanish got up an left same thing happened at another playground with a Dad and his son he spoke Spanish. My daughter is only 2 1/2, she doesn't understand. Might I point out that it is just not the people from Mexico this is going on with people from a lot of other countries, they are not assimalating like they did back in the 1800's early 1920's, 1930's etc.

tms

Well looks like this one's down good posts everyone except Gato!

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

"While we slept, the United States was stolen." - author unknown

Miami

Well said straightshooter...
    We are not racist, illegal immigration is a problem, it is not a race issue. In Maimi for example many people have come over illegally in boats from Cuba.
    This is the number one issue face our country today. I feel if something is not done about this we may be having a war on our hands, at least one on the west coast/western states.
    I have lived in Miami and several of my friends have as well. You cannot survive there if you do not speak "their language". That is why so many of the retired population in Miami are moving to other parts of the state.

It is a shame that the immigrant (illegal or not) population refuses to learn to speak English as that is the language of our Country. If they wanted to escape their country badly enough to come here, they should be willing to live among us and speak our language to be able to interact with us. It is unfair to expect an entire population of an adopted Country to learn a new language for it's immigrant population's convenience.

The same Country that did not invite you -- the Country you CHOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By choosing our Country, you should have adopted our Country's language -- just as our immigration laws say you must -- assuming you came here LEGALLY. It is a matter of respect and of honor to your newly adopted Country who affords you the freedoms and offers you the options you could not receive "back home".

Gato,

Plain and simple, if you come into a country with out legal permission, you are illegal. It doesn't matter what you think you are entitled to, if you are not a legal citizen as outline by the laws of this country, you are illegal. California a State in the United States of America. California, nor the rest of the Southwestern United States, is an open territory up for grabs.
    I was interested in your comment about Chicano's being part Indian, many Whites, Blacks and Orientals in this country are part Indian. I believe a person who is Spanish and Indian is called a mestito in Mexico.
    I grew up in New Mexico, the ONLY State in the US to recognize Spanish as a official language on legal documents. This was because of the SPANISH heritage of the land and the SPANISH land grants from the 1500's. The SPANISH colonized the Southwest, and conquered the indians of Mexico. The reason Spanish and native Mexican language is different is because Mexican is a mix if Spanish and Indian.
    The sheer numbers of the people that are coming to this country for a free ride and to send their money back to Mexico is staggering. I say free ride, because the trend seems to be that they want to work for cash and pay not taxes to support the system that is giving them welfare, food stamps, free education and medical. Did I mention Social Security? Come to this country, get permission and come. Don't sneak in like a thief in the night to get what others have built, and live free off the sweat of their brow. Come LEGALLY and you will be welcome.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WELCOME! Newmexican
    The sheer numbers of the people that are coming to this country for a free ride and to send their money back to Mexico is staggering. I say free ride, because the trend seems to be that they want to work for cash and pay not taxes to support the system that is giving them welfare, food stamps, free education and medical. Did I mention Social Security? Come to this country, get permission and come. Don't sneak in like a thief in the night to get what others have built, and live free off the sweat of their brow. Come LEGALLY and you will be welcome.
    It seems that you've summed it up beautifully!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Newmexican!! Loved your post...you laid it right on the line....accurately and very well stated!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well said! Welcome Newmexican! We are glad your here!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast