Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by thelmahopkins
    the plaque on the statue of liberty is from a poetry contest made long after the statue was given to the us.
    Nonsense. The poem, "New Colossus," from which the "Give me your tired..." excerpt comes from was written in 1883 ... and the Statue of Liberty wasn't even finished until 1886. In fact, the poem was sold at an auction to raise funds to complete construction of the statue's pedestal. The "bronze plaque" commemorating the poem went on display in 1903 ... but the poem itself was written 20 years earlier.
    it is bad poetry. it is not United states law. some wierd woman wrote it.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (grin). I always liked it, myself. And, I know it's not the "law" ... but I do appreciate the sentiments.
    shouldnt you be calling you're senators?
    Thelma, I contact Wyden/Smith so often they probably know me on a first name basis ... and not just about immigration reform.
    Did you read the bill and see that it not only legalizes the 20 million illegals but allows for 25 million more people . ?????????
    What makes you think I support either figure? I support ZERO illegals and the current quota (roughly 700,000) for legals. No more, no less.
    I think you are new and need to do some reading.
    I think you are presumptuous and have no idea how much I read.
    ps Kenyans ie africans - did you know that they rip off the genitals of their female children when they reach puberty and then sew them up so they are in pain the rest of thier life?
    They??? Which they ... all Kenyans or some Kenyans? Maybe you need to do some reading.

Quote:
    We harbor no disrespect toward immigrants, rather we believe that it is the quantity of immigration to America and Oregon which is straining our environmental, fiscal, and social structures. Oregonians For Immigration Reform is committed to working toward the establishment of lower immigration numbers.

I'd agree with that statement only if it read this way:
    Quote:
    We harbor no disrespect toward immigrants, rather we believe that it is the quantity of illegal immigration to America and Oregon which is straining our environmental, fiscal, and social structures. Oregonians For Immigration Reform is committed to working toward the establishment of lower illegal immigration numbers.
    I am inclined to agree with the mission statement of the site. Right now, the immigration laws are so skewed that they are part of the reason there are so many illegals here. I'd say we should definitely not INCREASE the number of immigrants who will be allowed to come here and, until we get the illegals out, perhaps we should DECREASE it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I am inclined to agree with the mission statement of the site. Right now, the immigration laws are so skewed that they are part of the reason there are so many illegals here. I'd say we should definitely not INCREASE the number of immigrants who will be allowed to come here and, until we get the illegals out, perhaps we should DECREASE it.
    I think we're fundamentally in agreement. Immigration laws ARE skewed and, yes, that's part of the reason there are so many illegals here. What we need is an ironclad and uniform law that spells things out in black and white - with no ifs, buts, or maybes in tow. In addition, we'd need the will and the funding to enforce it. And, I think I'd agree to a decrease in legal immigration that equals the percentage of our national legal population increase. In fact, if such a decrease was legislatable (is that a word, hehe), I'd like to see it continue until, say, we reached our 1921 quota level (roughly 500,000).

But the larger issue of population will have to be addressed somehow. Every strata of human society is procreating ... not just immigrants in the USA. Stopping ALL immigration merely avoids the larger issue that will someday have to be addressed (and I'm at a loss to figure out how it could be addressed "legally") ... unless we did what China does. In the US, having more kids means getting an "extra tax deduction." In China, it means getting an "extra tax liability."

The Immigration Alert
    Who will our Senators listen to?
    Illegal Aliens or U.S. citizens?

Senate Judiciary Committee chooses Illegal Aliens; votes to SELL OUT AMERICA!

Last night, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed a bill, that if voted into law, would give amnesty to 13 million illegals. It also includes a new massive guest worker program, allowing 400,000 foreigners to enter the country every year to take American jobs. And, as early as this week, expect to be overrun by a new wave of illegal immigrants hoping to get in on the amnesty deal!

Senators who voted for this treasonous bill are: Republicans: Arlen Specter (PA), Lindsey Graham (SC), Sam Brownback (KS), and Mike DeWine (OH) Democrats: Patrick Leahy (VT), Ted Kennedy (MA), Feinstein (CA), Joseph Biden (DE), Herb Kohl (WI), Russell Feingold (WI), Charles Schumer (NY), and Richard Durbin (IL).

more stories: Washington Times, LA Times

Call your Senators today!! Don’t let them destroy this nation.

Wednesday, Mar. 29, 2006
    Take action

Senate Floor Battle to Begin
    CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL SENATE ACTION. Senators today will begin giving opening statements in the debate on immigration legislation. On Thurdsay, March 30, the Senate will begin amending two bills at the same time -- the Senate Judiciary Committee-passed measure, which includes amnesty and temporary worker provisions (no bill number), and S. 2454, a bill by Sen. Bill Frist (R-TN). The Committee plan incorporates: (1) a new "temporary" agricultural worker program (as proposed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein [D-CA]); (2) another "guestworker" visa program "capped" at 400,000 per year (as proposed by Sen. Ted Kennedy [D-MA]); and (3) a blanket amnesty for nearly all illegal aliens who have worked in the United States, giving them legal status and allowing them to choose to remain permanently and pursue citizenship. The full Senate may have as much as two weeks to consider amendments to both bills on the floor.

1990s Were Biggest Population Boom in American History

Comparison of decades
    Newspaper Explanations
    Census Bureau Report

Three Possible Causes of Biggest U.S. Population Boom Ever

Native fertility?
    Immigration?
    Immigrant Fertility
    Click Here to see how Congress has its hand on the lever that largely causes the population boom.

Changes In Immigration Numbers
    Immigration changes since 1970 have been the overwhelming reason for the U.S. population explosion, thus Americans suffer under the worsening:

urban sprawl
    traffic congestion
    overcrowded schools
    loss of natural habitat
    congested outdoor recreation
    destruction of prime farm land

View how much, how and why the
    immigration numbers changed
    Our Lost Future

The green shows the most additional congestion that would ever have been added to this country on the basis of Americans' current choice of family size. Click Here to see how Congress has destroyed the future that the American people were creating

Where We're Headed
    (click to see full explanations)

Records of Each Member of Congress
    (Click to view a member)

Each Member has a customized page revealing every action he or she has taken to force the biggest population boom in U.S. history -- or has taken to fight against it. You'll know which by a glance at the red and green icons.

Candidates’ Immigration Positions
    Compare the many immigration positions of the Presidential Candidates here. Also, see the state and local races where immigration is a hot issue here.

When Congress changes immigration

When Congress changes immigration in any way, it changes the permanent U.S. population size up or down. View the nation's only database that calculates how each action and proposal since 1990 changed - or would have changed - total immigration numbers.

Click to View The Numbers

Contact Congress & The President

Click Here to contact your Members of Congress (and the President) to let them know how you feel about federally forced U.S. population growth.

Hook Up To The Action Network...
    Click here to join with thousands of other Americans who volunteer to receive Action Alerts and to respond quickly when possible through the sending of faxes, making phone calls and other forms of action to reduce immigration numbers to healthy levels.

Sprawl, congestion, wage depression and other ill effects of overimmigration will only grow worse unless people like you step forward and do something. NumbersUSA will provide you with many easy actions to choose from.

Order Free Poster
    Click here to order a free poster.

Congress Vote Records
    Americans for Better Immigration runs a website that grades each member on immigration actions.

Our Goals
    Click link for full details.

To educate the public about immigration-reduction recommendations of two national commissions of the 1990s.
    For economic justice: Barbara Jordan's Commission on Immigration Reform

For a sustainable society: Tim Wirth's President's Council on Sustainable Development

NumbersUSA Videos and Posters
    Click link for full details

Hundreds of thousands of Americans have been helped to understand U.S.population and immigration issues through these short videos and fold-out posters.

Join thousands of others who have shown these videos to their civic clubs, religious forums, school classes, relatives, neighbors and elected officials, as well as placing them on local cable access.

Farmland

Under current population growth, expect massive new farmland losses

Unions

DHS Whistleblower?

It's a big problem now prinicpals and teachers are being put

In Texas teachers and principals are required to speak Spanish or go learn Spanish or they will be jobless. If you check their websites they are only hiring Billingual teachers while many students in Education are currently going to school to be teachers. However, they have no idea that when they finish they will need to go right back because they don't speak Spanish.

Answerman you must be great at trivial pursuit and a damned good speller to boot. Point is the poem inscribed on the big statue given to us by the French is Victorian era babble. Not law. It has no more meaning for me than the rules posted at the entrance of the matterhorn ride at Disneyland. It's certainly not justification for us to voluntarily join the 3rd world. If your liberal/conservative sensitivities are stirred by my grammar or spelling keep it to your moderate self.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    Answerman you must be great at trivial pursuit and a damned good speller to boot. Point is the poem inscribed on the big statue given to us by the French is Victorian era babble. Not law. It has no more meaning for me than the rules posted at the entrance of the matterhorn ride at Disneyland.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I like the poem.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    It's certainly not justification for us to voluntarily join the 3rd world. If your liberal/conservative sensitivities are stirred by my grammar or spelling keep it to your moderate self.
    Nah, I think I'll keep my opinions public. Whether you like them or not is OK by me either way. By the way, the name of this PAC is:

Americans For Legal Immigration

...not...

Americans For No Immigration

Are you sure you belong to the right PAC?

My problem with the poem on the statue is that some use it in their arguments for open borders.
    As for your last question I'm starting to wonder myself.
    By the way why is your logo a penguin? Are you such a tight a--ed pedant that you waddle when you walk.
    No reply necessary. I'm not that interested.

by the way- answerman ) I spoke with the leader of the oregon for immigration reform group for about 30 minutes on sunday night. Jim Ludwick retired early so he could fight this cause - for his grandchildren. He came across as sane - intelligent and very dedicated. This is why I took issue with your dismissal of an organization simply because one word in their mission statement bothered you.
    TO come on board on a week that is this pivotal and argue about the merits of immigration - dismissing two major groups : www.numbersusa.com and oregonir.org is hardly a good manner in which to introduce yourself to the board.
    and advocating Kenyans as outworking mexicans et all.. welll- golly gee whiz let's bring back slavery - if all an immigrant has to do to come here is to work themselves to death.
    I kinda thought the United States was created for freedom of thought and liberty-

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast