Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Ok folks

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    Here is something that I would like to see ALIPAC do. I want us to have a thread for people to post their stories of what has and is happening to them due to illegal immigration. I am going to start copying and pasting stories (names withheld of course) and send them to my representatives to give them the AMERICAN citizens side of the story! I am sick to death of stories of the poor illegals. Well it is time that the American citizens stories be heard!

Jobs being lost, crime, drugs, neighborhoods being destroyed. There are MANY stories to tell. What do you think?
    The idea has a lot of merit. But, there's one side to this story that's rarely heard. There is a racism at play that most people don't care to acknowledge - namely, preferential treatment given to Mexicans at the expense of potential immigrants from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, and other non-Mexican Latino countries in Central & South America (and don't forget Canada).

My ex-wife is a Filipino. She became a legal resident and, later, a U.S. citizen the old-fashioned way - by filling out the forms, paying the fees, and jumping through the hoops of INS regulations to OBEY the law of the land. And later, when we tried to petition one of her brothers and three of her sisters (again, the legal way) and asked why their petitions were taking so long to approve, an INS rep in Seattle gave us the reason. The INS has a fairly reliable estimate on the number of illegal immigrants from Mexico. And every time an illegal immigrant waltz's across the border, it pushes back the window of opportunity for immigrants from other lands to make their own landfall.

When her brother and sisters finally did get into this country - three years longer than they would have had to wait had it NOT been for illegal Mexican immigrants, they immediately went to work for a local-area farm. They picked fruits and vegetables alongside other Asian immigrants, immigrants from post-Soviet countries like the Ukraine, a very large family from Kenya, and of course Mexicans. One of the biggest myths about immigration is the belief that Mexicans don't impact the workforce ... or rather, as some would say, 'Mexican illegal immigrants are ONLY doing the work that Americans won't do.' The truth? Mexican illegal immigrants are doing the work OTHER immigrants would do IF THEY COULD ONLY GET HERE!!!

And who has a better right to those jobs - an immigrant who obeys our laws to gain their share of the American dream - or an immigrant who ignores our laws and expects preferential treatment afterward?

It's time to END preferential treatment and allow ALL immigrants an EQUAL right to live here - regardless of their race, their ethnicity, or their country of origin. And if the United States can't treat all immigrants equally, what does THAT say to the world (and to potential non-Mexican immigrants)?

BTW, if you think I'm being rough on Mexican illegals, you should hear my ex-wife and her relatives talk about the subject. And I'd be willing to bet you'd find similar opinions among other potential immigrants trying to get here ... as well as their families already here who are waiting longer than they should have to wait for petitions to be approved. Unfortunately, this debate (so far) doesn't highlight the opinions of those who suffer due to illegal Mexican immigratation. Maybe it's high time THEIR voices were heard ... including the voices of LEGAL Mexican immigrants (yes, they do exist) who are out-of-pocket and waiting due to their illegal counterparts.

One note. I am SO GLAD these protest rallies have taken place and hope they continue to do so. The media is not telling the 'whole' truth about them ... but they don't have to because everyone with eyes in their head can SEE the truth. For example, specifically on the L.A. rally, the media tells us:

500,000 PEOPLE PARTICIPATED

To be completely accurate, they should have said:

500,000 PEOPLE, LARGELY HISPANIC (with a possible illegal majority) PARTICIPATED

I watched news coverage of the L.A. rally very closely. And I for one didn't see too many non-Latinos in that crowd. Did you? If John Q. Public was a fence-sitter before this rally, he isn't a fence-sitter anymore. In short, I believe these rallies will BACKFIRE on protestors ... galvanizing more support for tougher laws than it will sympathy for law-breakers. And the more they rub it in John Q. Public's face, the more citizens will galvanize. And the more citizens galvanize AGAINST illegal immigration, the more Senators and Congresspersons will feel the heat. In fact, they're already feeling it. This morning, NBC's MEET THE PRESS released a poll they took. 66% of all citizens polled favor tougher penalties against illegal immigrants AND those who employ them. And 60% want nothing to do with any 'guest worker' program. If they do the same poll next week, I expect those numbers will be up a few percentage points. And the longer the rallies continue, the longer the numbers will climb.

So, if I could send a message to these protestors, I'd quote Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry character --- 'Go ahead, make my day!'

P.S. Here's a little 'humor' surrounding use of the politically correct term:

UNDOCUMENTED WORKER

A man walked into a bank, pulled a gun on the teller, and demanded all the money in her cash drawer. The teller complied but, at the same time, pushed a hidden button near the cash drawer that sent a silent alarm to local police. And, before the robber could make his exit from the bank, the cops showed up and subdued him. However, when they read him his rights and told him he was being arrested for bank robbery, the robber protested - saying, 'But officer, you misunderstand me completely! I was NOT robbing this bank. I was merely making an (ahem) undocumented withdrawal.'

Point is, every time an illegal Mexican immigrant comes to this country, they are indirectly taking money out of the 'cash drawers' of non-Mexican immigrants who can't get here legally because of them. And by robbing non-Mexican immigrants of a year or more of income that should be in THEIR pockets (because they were willing to obey the law), we (U.S. citizens) are left with a choice of terms to use. Should we call them:

UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS

Or, should we call them:

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

I choose the latter.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Answerman, welcome. You are 100% right. There is preferential treatment on this issue. The reason must be because when people become legal they do expect a better life and can obtain it, when people come here illegally, they will work for slave wages indefinitely and also line the pockets of the employers, and the slumlords they wind up renting from.

Another point I pondered earlier; if illegals pay into our tax base as some say, then is this why many politicians like having them here? Does the money our politicians spend (over spend that is) get covered up by the illegals taxes? Does it just cover that much of the misused tax money so that the American public is not fully aware of how bad it has gotten in the Capitol? Is the use of illegals colected taxes covering up gross misuse of Americans tax dollars?

Answerman, I lived in Bremerton, WA where there are many immigrants from Guam and the Phillipines. They are great people and seemed to be an asset to that community. I hate to see this kind of thing happen to people doing the right thing and wait for approval. They should get fair and just treatment, they are the ones that come here, become AMERICANS and contriubte fully to our society.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good point. The Filipino resistance fighters had our back in WWII. What has Mexico done for us. They even vote against us routinely in the U.N.
    Fox and Bush are meeting this week. Bush had better keep his hand on his wallet. At least both of them are lame ducks. Really Lame!!

Welcome AnswerMan!

Check out http://www.fairimmigration.com/ very similar stories there.

Welcome AnswerMan, and I agree with everything you wrote.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

hi

Thanks to all for the welcome. I'm surprised I didn't gravitate here earlier. I've certainly been upset enough to have done so ... but, it could be that, in my web searches, ALI-PAC didn't show up on my "radar." But, it has now.

First things first, I just made my $25 donation to the effort (via PayPal). Wish I could afford more but maybe later I can.

What really gets me is the weird perceptions some people operate under. Even though my ex-wife is an Asian woman and our son is a bi-racial child, I've been called a "racist" because of my views on illegal immigration. I used to just let that slide ... but now, I get right back in their faces and turn the tables by asking them, "Oh, so you're one of those people who wants to amend the Statue of Liberty plaque on Ellis Island." They usually reply, "What are you talking about?" And I reply, "Well, the current plaque reads:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free,

and you obviously want to add a "P.S." underneath that reading,

Mexican illegals first - Africans, Asians, non-Mexican Latinos, and Caucasians to the back of the bus."

Really, most people see this as a Citizens vs. Illegal Immigrant issue. But I see it as a Legal Immigrant vs. Illegal Immigrant issue since the people who are REALLY being stiffed by our current policies of apathy are the legal immigrants. I wish people could see that.

And, when people continue to pester me on the issue, I ask them a simple question - namely, how they'd explain to an African immigrant waiting for petition approval that it's OK to give a non-petitioned Mexican preference over him/her ... or an Asian petitioner ... or a Caucasian petitioner ... or a petitioner from any other country besides Mexico.

If I had the money to do so, especially at this time in history when the issue is in the media spotlight, I'd fly over to (for example) Kenya where a LOT of people are waiting for petitions to be approved and find the Kenyans who should have ALREADY been approved by now. I'd load them up on a plane and fly them here ... publically announcing that these are legal petitioners whose "time is due" ... and daring the government to deport them at the same time they wink-and-nod Mexican illegals across the border. For what it's worth, I imagine this would become an issue for the N.A.A.C.P. all-of-a-sudden ... where they'd start asking, "Hey, wait just a darned minute ... why are you deporting our African brothers who LEGALLY petitioned for immigration while at the same time allowing unpetitioned Mexicans to steal their petition slot???"

If it was put to the media in that light, I think there'd be a FAR clearer understanding of the issue.

One other comment ... not about immigration, per se, but about deportation procedure. Remember the Cheech & Chong movie, "Up In Smoke?" There was one scene in that film that stands out in my mind. A bunch of illegal Mexican immigrants in East L.A. have a problem. Two people they know in Tijuana are getting married ... but nobody has the money to buy a bus ticket to attend the wedding. So what do they do? They get all dressed up in rented tuxedos and gowns and report themselves to the INS. The INS comes by, loads all the well-dressed Mexican illegals on a deportation bus, and gives them a "free ride" to Tijuana. Their plan, of course (once the wedding is over) is to just sneak back across the border later.

Now ... I know that our deportation rules are fairly simple ... that we're merely required to repatriate illegal Mexican immigrants to Mexico. But, I don't think the rules are so specific as to designate a specific "place" within Mexico for repatriation. In short, I suspect the only reason we repatriate them to Mexican border towns (like Tijuana) is that it's quick and easy to do so. Unfortunately, such repatriation also makes re-entry quick and easy for the illegal.

It might cost more money in the beginning, but I have an idea that (in the long run) would put a major damper on re-offenders and save us money. In short, instead of just bussing them across the border, why not load them up on a C130 and fly them to Chetumal - the southernmost Mexican town on the border with Belize (Central America). In order to re-enter the US, the illegal would have to travel up the entire length of Mexico to reach our border again. And because such a trip would be costly, I suspect most of them would just end up settling down someplace in between the Belizean and US borders. And heck, if Vincente Fox orders Chetumal airport to not let our deportation planes land, "airdrop" them via parachute and fly back home.

P.S. Now (snicker), if I was really a racist, my idea above wouldn't have included the parachutes, hehe.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Answerman, I can appreciate your last sentence!!! There is a site for jokes like that. But, we won't go there.

There is one thing that we better hear about in the news real soon, it's about the man in Afghanistan who became a Christian and was being threatened with a death sentence, and when they released him he said he is asking for assylum with a free country, we darn better give it to him, this is a valid reason to have someone come here, RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know exactly how you feel. It's in my nature to be polite and courteous to people. That's the reason I love visiting the south, especially Virginia. The people there are so incredibly nice. Think about them waving their mexican flags and demanding their "rights" it works for me everytime.
    Diana717, I just happen to be here in the middle of them for the moment. NC is my home. And I fully understand what you are saying about the people being polite and generally nice to everyone. I was brought up to treat people decently. Thank you for the tip.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    I have been to Mexico and have seen the abject poverty there.
    It is sad.
    Just wait a bit. That's what we'll have here in a bit.
    Its already happening. Poverty is all around us, and our lawmakers should help Americans and stop catering to illegal aliens.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

poverty is relative

Quote Originally Posted by bornbredhere
    I have been to Mexico and have seen the abject poverty there. It is sad.
    Late last year, an effort was undertaken in Mexico by the Mexican government to educate the masses on the proper procedure to obtain a matricula card. While there must have been circulars printed up with this information on it, the lion's share of pesos to fund this education effort were spent on a television public-relations campaign.

Poverty IS widespread in Mexico. I don't doubt it for a minute. However, even in their poverty, most Mexicans (even poor Mexicans) have access to television ... either their own, or someone living in their neighborhood.

In the barrio of Liwa-Liwa, Pangasinan, Philippines - where my ex-wife came from - most people don't even have electricity or plumbing. The only telephone in the village is owned by the Mayor ... who charges people to use it to receive "incoming" calls by appointment (from relatives in the U.S., mainly). Television????? Most people in Liwa-Liwa have no doubt heard of television ... but have never seen one and certainly couldn't afford one.

It's even worse in Kenya, where scores of nomadic people walk out of the desert into relief centers daily for food and water. And I suspect most of them don't even know what a radio is.

Point is, poverty is relative. The difference between Mexicans, Filipinos, and Kenyans is that the Filipinos and Kenyans save up their money to pay for the "privelege" of petitioning to come to the USA. Many Mexicans aren't willing to do this. And some of them don't consider US residency a privelege, but a right. WE (the USA) need to educate them to the fact that residency "is" a privelege ... and must be willing to back that claim up with the force of law if they disregard our border rights.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbredhere
    I would rather that the US support assisting Mexico in building its own economy from within than to have our own upset by the uncontrolled influx of illegals into this country.
    Hmmm ... not sure about that. Mexico is kind of like a lot of Middle Eastern countries, where shieks and other despots sit on top of vast oil reserves - the wealth, from which, they're unwilling to share with the poorest among them. Mexico has the petroleum resources to right its OWN economy. Many Mexicans are poor, but their "country" is not. While I'd certainly not wish for bloodshed, I suspect that a good "revolution" down there would do much more for the Mexican people than we would by giving foreign aid to the same oligarchy that controls the government and its resources.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast