Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    I hope Hilary borrows her plastic surgeon if she gets the nomination! Can you imagine???

CrocketsGhost,

Do you have a pug? I do and he looks like your avatar.
    Nah, that's the talking pug from Men In Black. When I was growing up, my best friend had a pug that was one of the smartest dogs I've ever seen.

Banned
    Does anyone understand why the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee would stop the Republicans from inputting on S9? Don't they realize the Republicans can stop everything? Unless they have enough guaranteed votes to pass it... I just don't see why they'd be so confident otherwise!

We have to pour on the pressure when this hits the floor. I'm calling McConnell office again tomorrow!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    Does anyone understand why the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee would stop the Republicans from inputting on S9? Don't they realize the Republicans can stop everything? Unless they have enough guaranteed votes to pass it... I just don't see why they'd be so confident otherwise!

We have to pour on the pressure when this hits the floor. I'm calling McConnell office again tomorrow!!!
    I think that it's a political ploy. I believe that they have their doubts that they can get an amnesty bill passed, so what they'll do is to craft something that's so objectionable that the Republicans will have to use procedural moves (maybe the filibuster) to block it. Then they'll parlay alleged "Republican obstructionism" into a campaign issue next year.

Banned
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

Then they'll parlay alleged "Republican obstructionism" into a campaign issue next year.
    That would be a mistake because it's only going to be hotter to handle then. Maybe they don't want reform, then they can keep 'em crossing the border and working for cheap labor. Kennedy's staffer told me Kennedy wants to see them make higher wages and that's why he's supporting guest workers. Yeah, right, that's why the Chamber of Commerce is writing the bill, they want to pay more for labor!

Rep. Steve King is on c-span right now talking about crime by illegal aliens
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Steve King is awesome!!! He makes so much sense. He is also pushing attrition through enforcement--I've been using him in my emails as a resource for Senators to look to. I'll bet their royal asses love that,too. Probably offends them.

You are so good! I'm shallow-I'm watching American Idol.

Banned
    It's pretty bad, too!

Banned
    Let's keep making those phone calls tomorrow. We still have a window before the bill hits the Senate floor.

Banned
    Chertoff briefed Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) on border security before the Arizona trip. Nelson opposed the Senate legislation last year, citing concerns that Americans could lose jobs to immigrants.

Chertoff also brought along Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), the ranking Republican on the immigration subcommittee and an opponent of the administration's immigration policy. Two House Judiciary Committee members on the trip, Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) and Rep. Chris Cannon (R-Utah), support the White House on immigration, and a third, freshman Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), is new to the debate.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=55761

I'm calling these guys in the morning. Since when is Pence on Bush's side on amnesty???

Since when is Pence on Bush's side on amnesty???
    ALWAYS!

Remember the PENCE BILL???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)