Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    OK, several have asked for the source of Paul wanting a guest worker program. Here it is......First off, most of the video is really good, BUT it is the end of the clip that caught my attention. He does say, "we need laborers," and would support, "a generous work program."

I don't want a fight over this. This is Ron Paul speaking. I did not say these things. Ron Paul said them. If there is a problem with it, take it up with Ron Paul. He said virtually the same thing in one of the debates, and has supported guest worker programs in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4RgUh5G38
    OK Bear I am going to watch the video, I did just read one of the above links where he voted to double the Hib visa program. Thanks I'll watch the video!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"I think we should be friends with Israel. We should trade with Israel. We shouldn't give them any money," Paul said. "Strategically, it's been very detrimental because we sit there and they have no incentive to work out peaceable relations with their neighbors."
    How does he expect Israel to make peace with those who think peace equals the total obliteration of all Jews in the Middle East?

This is what I mean. He won't fight even when there is a good reason to fight.

MW
    Excerpt from Ron Paul interview on Lou Dobbs Tonight (Kelly Pilgrim sitting in for Lou):

Sir, I really can’t — we’re almost out of time but I want to get to your immigration platform. You’re calling for action and not talk. And here’s a couple of points for our viewers that you want.

You want to physically secure our borders and coastlines, enforce visa rules. No amnesty. No welfare for illegal aliens. You want to end the birthright citizenship and pass true immigration reform. Would true immigration reform include a guest worker program, in your judgment?

[b]PAUL: Well, you know, those words are tricky, because some times if you say you’re for a guest worker program, all of a sudden they construe that now, the conventional wisdom is that there will be amnesty.

You know, we’ve always had workers come to this country, but they have to be legal.

And we have to deal with the welfare state. We can’t allow the illegal immigrants to qualify for Social Security after working here for 18 months. We just can’t flat out afford it.

PILGRIM: All right, thank you very much, for laying it out so clearly for us, Representative Ron Paul. Thank you, sir.

PAUL: Thank you, thank you.
    http://mrspickles.wordpress.com/2007/03 ... s-tonight/

It's not always what Paul says that bothers me, it's what he doesn't say. Based on the interview excerpt I provided above, looks like Paul supports a guest worker program to me. Furthermore, the interview could lead one to believe he thinks a future amnesty is a foregone conclusion (or at least he did when the interview was conducted).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well everyone came up with alot of imformation and this is what I call a great debate.

"Bear" I watched the video and like most of what he says, but it also indicates he is for guest worker,But then he has been out in the public alot and I believe or would hope after listening to the American people maybe he has changed his mind. Although i think no matter who it is we are going to have a guest worker especially for ag jobs, but they do not need to be given citizenship. they can come and work then go home, and leave their familys out of it.

I also think we would have a good chance of ending achor babies with paul!!

"MW"
    all indications are he is for a guest worker program and as It said above in aprils link he did vote to double H1B visa's a couple of years ago.

He also voted against military on the border acoarding to his voting record that April posted, but he also voted for HR4437 remember the sennsenbrenner bill , we have alot to absorb here, I am alittle confused over his voteing record but as I said I do believe he listens to the people better than most of the top tier, most of his controversial votes are a few years old like 2001 and 2003, alot has changed since then.

We need to watch, listen and see, I can tell you for me it would have to be Hunter, Tancredo or paul the rest, I would not vote for any of the top
    canidates.

SLYHUNTER,
    Is it our place to fight and protect Isreal? they can not fight their own battles? Is it necessary for us to get involved in everyone problems.

What if the rest of the world had said well Bush had no right to attack Iraq they did nothing to the Americans, and they felt they had the right to step in and start bombing us. Why is it up to the American people to police and pay to police the world, for that matter what gives us the right?

Sombody will have to explain that one to me because thats one I don't understand.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

If you go to www.ronpaullibrary.com Ron Paul makes it very clear where he stands on Illegal Immigration.He is a man of his word and what he says you can take it to the bank.

I think in the article he was trying to explain we have a guest worker program already but when guest workers are mentioned people think that means amnesty. Just my opinion and yes I am a Ron Paul fan
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    If you go to www.ronpaullibrary.com Ron Paul makes it very clear where he stands on Illegal Immigration.He is a man of his word and what he says you can take it to the bank.

I think in the article he was trying to explain we have a guest worker program already but when guest workers are mentioned people think that means amnesty. Just my opinion and yes I am a Ron Paul fan
    Thats basically what he said in his interview on Dobbs! I think he is talking about true temporary workers, for like ags although he did vote to double H1B visa's but that was along time ago.

I am a fan to because I think he is as of now our best hope. But time will tell, Hunter could pull out of the slump he is in, but it is not looking hopeful, especially if he does not start raising more money.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot

Thats basically what he said in his interview on Dobbs! I think he is talking about true temporary workers, for like ags although he did vote to double H1B visa's but that was along time ago.

I am a fan to because I think he is as of now our best hope. But time will tell, Hunter could pull out of the slump he is in, but it is not looking hopeful, especially if he does not start raising more money.
    I think Ron Paul is our best hope as well and he looks real good when compared to Guilani, Romney, Mc Cain and Huckabee.

MW
    USPATRIOT wrote:

Remember, the majority of Democrats are not satisfied with a guest worker program that doesn't offer a path to citizenship for the workers. Lord knows I've heard Feinstein, Kennedy, Durbin, etc. mention that on the senate floor plenty of times over the last year.

Yes, the Democrats even want the Ag workers to have a path to citizenship (the majority of Republicans don't). Any new guest worker program that makes it through the U.S. Congress at this time will most certainly include a path to citizenship. That's why it's important that we fight all new attempts at a guest worker bill. Furthermore, many guest workers in the past have abandoned the program and vanished into the American landscape. If a guest worker wants to stay in America, he or she can do so relatively easy. It's already a well known fact that we have plenty of visa (students, workers, visitors, etc.) overstays embedded in our society right now. Paul knows this, but he still supports a guest worker program (in fairness, other Republicans do too). He thinks we need the foreign labor to do the jobs Americans won't do. Many of us, me included, support businesses paying a living wage to attract American workers, not bringing workers in that will accept sub-standard pay.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Uspatriot, Great Link!!

Border Security and Immigration Reform
    Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Statement on Immigration Agreement

I remain very skeptical about the idea of so-called comprehensive immigration reform and the Senate compromise now being discussed. I will oppose any legislation that in any way, shape, or form grants amnesty to the millions of people who are in this country illegally. I have advocated that we should tighten citizenship requirements, and I still believe that. Moreover, the argument that we need to start a guest worker program is simply a shell game, we already have a generous guest worker program that the American people support. Support for such a program should not be used as a back door to amnesty for illegals.

September 14, 2006

Washington, DC: Congressman Ron Paul joined more than 280 of his House colleagues in voting to better secure our nation’s borders. The House of Representatives passed the “Secure Fence Act of 2006â€

April
    [quote="SOSADFORUS"]Uspatriot, Great Link!!

Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Statement on Immigration Agreement

I remain very skeptical about the idea of so-called comprehensive immigration reform and the Senate compromise now being discussed. I will oppose any legislation that in any way, shape, or form grants amnesty to the millions of people who are in this country illegally. I have advocated that we should tighten citizenship requirements, and I still believe that. Moreover, the argument that we need to start a guest worker program is simply a shell game, we already have a generous guest worker program that the American people support. Support for such a program should not be used as a back door to amnesty for illegals.

September 14, 2006

Washington, DC: Congressman Ron Paul joined more than 280 of his House colleagues in voting to better secure our nation’s borders. The House of Representatives passed the “Secure Fence Act of 2006â€