Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Have had some trouble getting through to DC today. Finally did. Now doing e-mails.
    GOOOOOOOO ZEEZIL!

Give em Hell "Zeezil"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Im listening to Paulson and the House while I fax and email and it makes me so mad and I type faster!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    Im listening to Paulson and the House while I fax and email and it makes me so mad and I type faster!!!!!
    Don't they make you feel like we are being fleeced! they look like they are choking on their lies.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

working4change

Senator Stabenow Response

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about the current crisis in our economy. I wanted to share with you the statement I released on Monday:

After eight years of deregulation and lack of accountability, this Administration has created the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression - a crisis that will hurt hardworking American families across the country because credit markets are drying up and pension assets are at risk.

I am currently reviewing various proposals to address this emergency and will work with my colleagues to act prudently and responsibly. I believe any proposal must put American families first by ensuring the American taxpayer is protected, strengthening oversight and accountability, limiting executive compensation, and most importantly, helping families stay in their homes.

As Michigan faces an unemployment rate of 8.9 percent, record foreclosures and skyrocketing household costs, we must also work together to ensure that we are providing relief to struggling families and creating good-paying jobs across the country. I urge President Bush to support our efforts to extend unemployment insurance benefits to help hardworking families and support our retooling program to create jobs here at home.

Now is the time to come together and do what is right for the American people.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

WOW, at least you got an answer

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    WOW, at least you got an answer
    maybe...but lip service is always the diplomatic way

working4change
    Dear MXXXXX

Thank you for expressing your concerns with the problems in the financial sector and proposals to address them.

A lot of Ohioans, including me, are angry at the thought of bailing out people who made a lot of money making bad business decisions that created problems in neighborhoods across Ohio.
    I agree that we need to avoid rewarding excessive risk taking. These institutions made unwise decisions, and taxpayers should not be expected to simply cover their losses.

Treasury Secretary Paulson this weekend sent a proposal to Congress that would give him almost unfettered authority to spend $700 billion purchasing troubled assets from financial institutions. On Tuesday, my colleagues on the Banking Committee and I held a hearing at which Secretary Paulson, Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke, and others testified.

They made a strong case for the need to act quickly to prevent further damage to our economy. The turmoil in the credit markets has the potential to do great damage to a lot of innocent bystanders. I am afraid that if we do not act, the economic instability could affect thousands of American jobs and the savings of countless middle class families.

But Secretary Paulson’s proposal is not the right answer. No Secretary should be given a $700 billion blank check. Taxpayers must be given an opportunity to recover their money, and assurances their tax dollars will not fund lavish pay and golden parachutes. We need strong rules to guard against abuse, and to ensure all types of institutions and regions are helped.

In the days ahead, we need to focus on containing the damage to middle class families and local businesses as much as possible. In the months ahead, we need to take a hard look at how financial markets are regulated so we never find ourselves in this situation again.

Thank you again for contacting me. I will certainly keep your views in mind as the Senate debates ways to help restore strength to our economy.
    Sincerely,
    Sherrod Brown

April
    WAY TO ROCK THEIR WORLD PATRIOTS!!!!

April
    Bush is going to address the nation tonight to try to convince us to support the BAIL OUT and I WOULD LIKE TO SAY RIGHT NOW....................................NO WAY.......................NO MORE...................................SAVE IT FOR YOUR BUDDIES!!! THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE ON TO THE GAME AND THEY ARE NOT PLAYING!!!!