Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tinybobidaho

Can you tell me about the farm bill? I don't know of that one.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Well, Zeezil, maybe in our next letters and calls we should let them know this. I don't like that we can't read the amendments, too. It looks underhanded, even when sometimes it isn't.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not sure what is in the Farm Bill yet, but Kennedy and Feinstein and Craig are going to try to include the Dream Act and the AgJobs Bill into it.
    I think you can go to one of their websites and it will tell aomething about it.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I'm not sure what is in the Farm Bill yet, but Kennedy and Feinstein and Craig are going to try to include the Dream Act and the AgJobs Bill into it.
    I think you can go to one of their websites and it will tell aomething about it.
    Farm bill is on the house floor today, possibly right now. Tune ito CSPAN and check.

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) and Sen. Craig (R-ID) will definitely attempt to have the AgJobs plan incorporated in the 2008 Farm Bill (Sen. Reid's already said he'll do all he can to make it happen). If they can't have it incorporated into the bill, they'll bring it forth as an amendment. However, I don't think there is a place in the Farm Bill for Sen. Durbin's Dream Act. I'm not saying it won't be done, but in my opinion it would be difficult to slip an educational amendment into a farm bill (a point of order issue). We'll see what happens.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Zeezil, was there any text on John Kerry's amendment. I tried to look but don't know where you found these amendments.

All I can say you patriots do a wonderful job keeping us updated and with the facts. I truly appreciate it. I'm sitting here in shock that Feinstein voted yes on the Graham amendment. If this passes with NO amnesty provisions and it looks like it will actually be DONE not talked about, I'll call her to thank her. The phone lines work both ways. If fact, we need to make sure we do that, because then they know we are truly watching and keeping them accountable and they get the call either way.

I think they're getting ready to vote on Dorgan's amendment that requires reports to Congress on progress in bringing al-Queda to justice.

Thanks, gogo, we also appreciate all your help. We sure have a good team here at ALIPAC.

Hopefully, this vote will go smooth, but it's not over yet. They still could try to sneak some amnesty provisions in. I don't trust them.

I'm really lost now. There seems to be an argument on the floor, but I can't see to follow it. I think DeMint is saying that rule 16 is being used on Republicans and not Democrats.

Now Lott has intervened to try to soleve the problem.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast