Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I had a garden last year it was 60 foot by 100 foot, and it rained and rained I could not get in to weed it. It was n new garden and the weeds took over
    And the price of seed was higher than ever. I did not plant all of it.
    But we did get some good tomatoes out of it this was in Texas I will have another garden next year. My wife put in a garden close to the house and it is doing ok
    She has about 10 plants of tomatoes and peppers and squash that sure makes a good meal – and it feels so good to know it cost very little to do.
    We have Chickens we did have around 180 and we sold eggs and we sold them cheaper than the store would sell them for , Have you seen the price of a dozen eggs?? I will be glade when we get the rest of our fence up . Laugh if you want But we will have fresh goats milk soon enough.
    every time I go to the store with my wife I feel like we are being ripped off I get so mad I could spit nials

yall should buy a few canning jars . really it is not hard to do and the tomatoes will keep , for when ever yall need them

I could live on BLT's...

I don't know what I'll do....

Can you Fed Ex some fresh tomatoes to me William?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have 4 cherry tomato plants in ground along with 4 corn, 1 canaloupe, 1 eggplant, 2 pepper, 2 bell pepper and 4 zucchini...

Also have 2 cherry tomato in two small pots that need a home.

My boy started a regular tomato at preschool...put it in the ground last week.

Way I set it - I'll be having myself a good evening party with friends offering fresh backyard veggies.

When I was in high school in the mid-80s - I had an 8 x 10 greenhouse that did just great in the fall/winter/spring seasons...tomatoes included.

=

Hey...let's all become backyard and patio farmers - use the water that illegals use in SD and LA. When those cities whine for h20 shipments from up north - reply, "Sorry...we're feeding our tomatoes!!!"

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Nothing like a good mater sandwich!

Some bread, some Dukes mayo, some salt and pepper and go!
    Oooh.........No meat with it? Gotta have turkey with that tomato.

I have a friend who grew up on mayonaisse sandwiches (her mother had four girls and was single, it was a have to kind of thing), and the first time I saw them eat that I was appalled and when you said that W, it reminded me of that.
    Try adding slices of cheddar with it..it's great. I read on Drudge today that the tomato blame has been placed on the state of FLA. Yea, that's par for the MSM. No mention of the possibility of the maters coming from Mexico..even though some agency has stated they don't know where they came from.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is only two adults but I have
    6 tomato plant with more on the way
    10+ cucumbers (too many probably)
    3 rows beans 6,12 and 6 feet rows 2 weeks apart
    1 pot with lettuce being used as salad and goldfish treats, More lettuce in a row just planted,
    6 rows of corn 6 stalks per row planted two weeks apart,
    half a dozen peppers a couple of weeks behind the tomatoes, another set just planted as seed this week ,
    a few grape vines,
    a few strawberries a blackberry or two,
    1 cantalope,
    1 honeydew and multiple squash plants (yikes)!
    plus herbs, basil, chives, oregano, rosemary

The garden is about 15 x 30 so I may have planted too close but it looks nice now.

And I'm in what Gov Arnold considers the 'inner' city. Not bad for a city girl now if I had read the almanac I would have planted earlier and watered more.

Okay, but how do you keep the rats out of the tomatoes? My friend gave me some tomato plants a few years ago and I was so excited. They tasted so good. One evening I looked out onto the patio and saw a big fat one feasting on my tomatoes. I couldn't eat any more after that. We're not even in the country and our neighborhood has rats.

Re: Should we start a tomato revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Friends,

As you can see here, I'm enjoying my new hobby of gardening.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-118465.html

While I'm no pro yet, I do have three tomato plants that are just starting to bloom.

Before the latest outbreak of human disease contamination from Mexico in America's tomatoes, they were already selling for almost $5 a pound!

Tomatoes are so easy to grow. You can grow them in a garden, or just in your yard somewhere. If you don't have a yard, all you need is a planter or two on your patio or porch!

Perhaps we should start a tomato revolution and get people growing their own?

W
    Many people are doing that here in Oklahoma. The Salmonilla incident has foound it,s way into Ok. and they are claimed to have come from Mexico. (and they still want NAFTA?).
    This idea is all over the internet and many people are turning to it.

You can get ideas off the Oklahoma forum
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/oklahoma ... atoes.html
    ------------------------

Here,s alink to the OK, Gardening section showing pages of pictures on how to protect your graden from different pest.
    These are people like you and me except that most of them live on or own farms.
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/oklahoma ... hread.html
    ------------------------

Ok, everyone after I retired and moved to the country, I planted my first garden. I think I went overboard. I had so much produce and was giving it away to everyone, so much that everyone started avoiding me, saying ok we have enough. I learned after that, that everyone here has their garden and it is easier being on the receiving end.

I have been debating planting a few plants, but was worried about the drought and all the gophers I am raising (LOL).

Does anyone know if they ration your water if you have your own well. I remember once here in CA they gave fined you if you watered your lawn on certain days, had water on the sidewalk or washed your car.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast