Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Howard Dean was infamous for getting up and shouting things like "Republicans are evil. I hate Republicans. Republicans have never worked a day in their lives". Things like that just don't win votes. I know that WE like Tancredo because he believes like WE do about the illegal situation but the important thing is that he has got to appeal to more people that just those like us who so strongly believe that we have to stop illegal immigration. So, I guess what I'm saying is that it's not going to be enough to get Tancredo elected by just appealing to us. He is going to have to have broad appeal if he's going to succeed.

Before the Democratic primaries, Dean was WAY out ahead of the pack. He had a huge internet campaign going and it looked like he was going to walk away with the nomination. BUT, when it came time for him to actually get out and speak to the general population, his mouth ruined it for him because he was ONLY appealing to those that REALLY agreed with his philosophy and he just wasn't able to pull off the support he needed from the majority of his party or from the Independents he needed to win.

You're absolutely right when you say that what Tancredo said sounds really smart to US BUT we can't, alone, get him elected. So, we have to decide which is more important. Does he keep saying inflammatory things that do appeal to us because we are FED UP OR does he tone it down a little and enhance his chances of actually getting the nomination??

That's just the simple fact.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

tms

Bootsie? Oh ok that's him. Maybe this could be a wake up call to Tancredo that he needs to watch what he says from now on. Did you watch the video on Fox news? What did you think of TOM? Sometimes I think Poor Tom. He is just trying to work so hard for illegal immigration and he is so concerned about the open borders, nukes etc. Tom's goal now is too recover from this and focus on getting his bills passed.

Too bad the national media and the Muslim nations couldn't see that great video we all saw from channel 9 news remember?
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

I did and I really like Tancredo. He is really just about the ONLY one up in Washington who is committed to fight this serious illegal immigration problem we have. But, I found it funny in that one article that was posted that even HOWARD DEAN criticized Tancredo's statement. That is WORSE than the pot calling the kettle black. Oh boy--what an IDIOT that Dean is.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

tms

I noticed that too, after you told me about Dean and I read those articles.

Tancredo is not a Dean type.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

I'm sick and tired of hearing people say oh you better watch your P's and Q's when you speak the truth. Are we that afraid of being called a name that we can't say anything? God forbid we offend somebody. It's about damn time someone spoke the truth and stood up for what's right, political correctness be damned. Is that what kind of people you guys are? If we get nuked are you all gonna say, oh golly gee we better not speak out or retaliate because we just might (assuming your still alive) offend a muslim and we might just get called a name? Instead of criticizing this guy you all might want to get behind him and embrace him because he's our only hope left in our federal government. If you won't support him then Tom might not be more inclined to fight with us. Is this what you all do when the going gets tough? Is this what America has become?

I'm glad that Tom said this. Somebody had to and maybe if we get behind him and support him and stand up to these true evil doers, these anti American traitors then maybe more politicans who were afraid before will stand up and start speaking out too.

Tom Tancredo is standing up for America. Quit hiding behind the yellow skirts because somebody calls you a name. Put politics aside and show some guts people.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You don't understand where we're coming from, dman1200. Do you want Tom Tancredo elected President or not??? Of course you do. It would be WONDERFUL if you could actually call a spade a spade and get elected but the fact remains. It just doesn't work that way. So, you have to decide which is more important--telling it like it is or exercising a little control so he can get elected where he COULD make a difference. I'm just telling you--he will NOT win even the nomination if he uses that kind of rhetoric. WE would vote for him but the majority of Americans would be scared off of him just like Dean's original supporters were when he started using that hate-type rhetoric. So, sad though it is, we ARE living in a politically correct environment so, if he has ANY HOPE of winning a nomination for President, he will have to use caution when he speaks.

what I want to know is, what's the Muslim communities reaction to Al Quaeda targeting U.S. cities with large Muslim populations
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I would sure like to know the same thing. I would have a LITTLE more respect for those people that they call moderate Muslims if I ever heard them SPEAK OUT AGAINST all of those radicals that are hell-bent on killing us. You just don't hear much out of the ones who profess NOT to be radical and it makes me wonder. Frankly, I steer clear of anyone who looks Muslim.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I would sure like to know the same thing. I would have a LITTLE more respect for those people that they call moderate Muslims if I ever heard them SPEAK OUT AGAINST all of those radicals that are hell-bent on killing us. You just don't hear much out of the ones who profess NOT to be radical and it makes me wonder. Frankly, I steer clear of anyone who looks Muslim.
    I don't know if you are familiar with the John and Ken Show in California but they plan on doing a broadcast from a mosque July 21. In fact they had a moderate Muslim on their show the other day who did speak out against terrorism, and helped them set up the mosque broadcast. Below is more information along with a link to hear the show over the internet. Their show runs from 3-7 PM pacific time if you want to hear the broadcast tomorrow.

http://www.johnandkenshow.com/

JOHN & KEN SHOW IS ON THE ROAD!
    Posted by The John and Ken Show @ 1:48 pm
    After the U.K. terrorist bombings, John and Ken want answers from the Southern California Islamic community about the attacks. You are invited to attend a special John and Ken Show Tomorrow, July 21st, at the Orange County Islamic Foundation Mosque in Mission Viejo from 3 to 7pm. This is the first ever live radio broadcast from a mosque. You can visit their website at www.ocif.org. Click HERE for a map.

link to web broadcast
    http://www.kfi640.com/interactive/streaming.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    For anyone interested Tom Tancredo is going to be on the John and Ken Show at 6 PM Pacific time. I think he is going to talk about the nuke incident and more. He was on their show earlier this afternoon talking about his latest immigration bill but had to leave because of a meeting. Should be interesting since John and Ken are not afraid to ask the tough questions whenever they interview a guest. Just use the link I posted above for a web broadcast.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast