Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BobC--you are a voice of reason. I, like you, am NEVER politically correct according to my friends, but the key issue here is that we LIKE Tom Tancredo and we would love to see him stand a fighting chance to be President so, like you said about controlling what you say in the work place, Tom will not get very far if he gets vitriolic in his speaking. And, as I said earlier, we WITNESSED what uncontrolled rhetoric did to Howard Dean in the primaries in 2004 and we DON'T want Tom Tancredo to go down the same path. I don't think any of us in ALIPAC are advocates of being Politically Correct BUT we are planning a run for Presidency. If we were, we would have to tone it down.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

What about the idea of national sovereignty and the double standard? We want other nations to respect our national sovereignty by not invading us, but we Americans have decided that we will not respect national sovereignty of other countries. Even Democrats shared this double standard when they decided to invade Bosnia.

We are blaming Islam for everything, but what about the fact that we initiated an attack on Iraq, and not vice versa? Iraq was just minding their own business and we invaded them, showing no respect for their national sovereignty. What about the ethics of our behavior? Yes, ethics are purely subjective in that every individual will differ in ethical views. Some may believe that it is quite ethical for Americans to demand their sovereignty, but that Americans have the ethical right to not do the same for others. I can't make a scientific argument against this belief since ethics is indeed subjective. But, most of us are also Christians, and we know that we will have to face Christ when we die and He will judge our behaviors. Do we believe that someone who advocates ramdomly killing non-Americans will be a prospective member of the Promised Land or the Land of Eternal Heat? Should we not be considering this when we make political decisions?

Let's also consider this: America will not be the most powerful nation for ever, esp. with the inevitable displacement of European-Americans by people who have no history of creating and maintaining advanced societies. The poor state of California is one indication of this. When this finally happens, do you think foreign nations will remember how we treated them? What will happen when we become too poor to defend ourselves from those who may want to seek vengence? Can an argument be made that we should start respecting the concept of national sovereignty for everyone?

Regards.

I hate any comparisons to the Klan. If you put all the White Supremecists together, including the Klan, Aryan Nation, Dragons of God, ect together, you'd have less than 6,000 members in a nation of what, 400 million people? Those movements are gone--virtually dead. The Nation of Islam, which isn't even really Islam, claims to have over 200,000 members--an they haven't been involved in terrprism either. Muslim extremism from the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa and other parts of the world is a huge problem, however, but I still don't think all MUslims should suffer for the acts of a few.

Betterbean where do you get this stuff about them worshipping Satan?

Hi bootsie

Asian--so do you feel that we Americans, being the biggest military power in the world, should never intervene in genocide that's going on in other nations? I'm seriously asking your opinion here. Thanks for being civil by the way.

Asian-American--I will have to agree with you about our invasion of Iraq. We were misled about the reasons for attacking them and I am against invading ANY nation that is not a threat to us. I never felt that Iraq was a threat to us. I agreed with this administration 100% through Afghanistan but they lost me with all of the Iraq mess.

BobC-I see where you're coming from about the genocide issue but that was CERTAINLY not the reason we were given going into Iraq and we sure haven't done doodley squat about genocide in many other countries all over the world. So, that excuse by this administration is just blowing smoke in my opinion.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I hate any comparisons to the Klan. If you put all the White Supremecists together, including the Klan, Aryan Nation, Dragons of God, ect together, you'd have less than 6,000 members in a nation of what, 400 million people?
    Only 6,000 American "White Supremacists"? HA, try 55,266 and growing, see http://www.stormfront.org/forum/ which is America's largest hangout for "White racists."

Those movements are gone--virtually dead. The Nation of Islam, which isn't even really Islam, claims to have over 200,000 members--an they haven't been involved in terrprism either. Muslim extremism from the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa and other parts of the world is a huge problem, however, but I still don't think all MUslims should suffer for the acts of a few
    I would have no problem with America shutting down all Mosques and even banning Islam and having ethnic and religious specific immigration policies to maintain the European-Christian majority culture. My only objection is to when we ignore the concept of national sovereignty for foreign nations. It this situation, we are actually talking about killing people.

Re: Hi bootsie

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Asian--so do you feel that we Americans, being the biggest military power in the world, should never intervene in genocide that's going on in other nations? I'm seriously asking your opinion here. Thanks for being civil by the way.
    If it's an internal policy in some country, I don't believe in outright military invasion, but perhaps, if for whatever reason we believe it is any of our business, we can take actions that at the same time does not violate their national sovereignty. For example, we can refuse to do trade with them. We can also bribe the government with aide if they agree to change their domestic policies.

For me, it's an issue of simply differing cultures. I prefer the European-Christian culture and this is why I live in the U.S.A. But I don't believe in coercing other nations to adopt my culture of choice through sheer military force. But this is just me and my personal ethical views. As I said, ethics are subjective and people with differ.

I have to say that technically, the Gulf War of 1990-91 never ended.

On the back of my American Legion card it says:

Persian Gulf: August 2, 1990 - cessation of hostilities as determined by U.S. Government.

This means that the no-fly zones, Desert Fox, Khobar Towers, etc. were all part of the same war. Sooner or later, the guy had to go. This liberal peacenik crap about "Oh, we had him contained!" is a bunch of
    limp-wristed Clintonian garbage. The guy was laughing at us all throughout the '90's, shooting at our Air Force pilots and talking trash. He was prepping his sons for something BIG in the region, too. The regime had to go, and it should have been done alot sooner than it was.

Plus, in the words of Dave Chappelle's 'Black Bush':

"HE TRIED TO KILL MY DADDY!"

Boots I am completely, 100% AGAINST the war in Iraq even though when it began, I gave my president the benefit of the doubt that he knew something we didn't--of course that has since turned out to be false.

When I ask an opinion--I really am just asking for an opinion.

this poem was recited by Sheikh Ali Bin Shallal, head of the al-Sharji tribes, at a meeting with the tribal chiefs of Basra and Maysan-and Saddam Hussein on December 3, 2001

----

We love you as much as a bird loves its nest when it rains. Your gold is pure, the gold of others is copper whose engravings are false.

But fatigue and injustice are over. They remain engraved letters.
    You triumphed over injustice; you will not be blamed should you beat them.

You are fastened with a bullet-belt for the one fooled by his troops.
    You are the guard, you are the guard, Saddam, and we are the watchful eyes.

Just order us to proceed and repel the attacks,
    just order us to proceed and repel the attacks [line chanted repeatedly by the audience].

From inside America, how five planes flew.
    Such a mishap never happened in the past!
    And nothing similar will happen.
    Six thousand infidels died.
    Bin Ladin did not do it; the luck of the president [Saddam] did it.

---

five planes flew but four crashed on 9-11 and American Airlines Flight 587 crashed in the Rockaway, Queens neighborhood in November 2001 -- less than 2 months after 9/1
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast