Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    mrmiata7,

Glad I could stand up for my millitary. I'm way to patriotic not too.

Truism and nntrixie,

I've worked in accounting and if we can effect the sales revenue of a store/company they will go ape. If sales of just one store drops say 5% and there are no economic indicators to justify the drop, that will get their attention. Even a small drop in sales sends some Sales managers running with their hair on fire. We really need to send them letters telling them we are boycotting them. Otherwise they will start firing managers, or changing advertisement in an effort to fix the problem. They need to realize it's a customer initiated boycott, which is effecting sales and what they are doing that has caused the customer reaction. That drop in revenue would get the the attention of share holders too.

True, our economic power is way greater than illegals or their supporters. Also, illegals et al do not shop in the same places we do. Wal-Mart may be common ground but an illegal would not even be waited on in some high-end department stores because they don't speak English. Also, we do not spend our money in Spanish only stores, which are abundant on the other side of the tracks.

Dixie
    I don't think you quite understand the bigger picture of a boycott and the negative effects.

First off, lets say we were able to successfully boycott one Wal-Mart store in southern California by say, 20% over a period of a month via 50,000 regular customer saying they will not patron there for the month. Ok, so you made a 20% drop in their sales. Guess what happens when sales go down? They start cutting workers hours or laying some off -- American workers. So now, you are hurting Americans + reducing the amount of payroll taxes collected which would feed back into the economy + you have reduced the buying power of the employees, thus, decreasing the amount of sales tax that could've been collected from any purchase they made.

I know you might think boycotting is the "it" thing to do right now b/c the illegals did it, but it just doesn't make sense. The only kind of boycott that would make sense is against local, mom/pop places where illegals are heavily employed and their market share is small. If you go after a place like Wal-Mart or McDonalds, you will not only just be peeing in the wind, you will be hurting our own people.

by the way, I'm a senior financial auditor for my company... don't pretend to be a expert on everything, but your focusing too much on something that wont work.

I'm with you bootsalinda..And what about all those WalMart hags on their battery powered scooters with carpal tunnel splints on their wrists wearing moo-moos. Damn I think I just described my mom. Just kidding...

Truism,

Actually, my focus is not to boycott Wal-Mart. I agree, it is too big of a fish to fry. I agree, they will make cuts to recover from anything we do to them. Like I said, "fire the sales manager". Unless people totally freeze a location out and cause it to close, they won't even flinch. My point is more along the lines of, if we let them know that small drop in sales is because WM is not behaving in a manner that support American beliefs... It is more of an attention getting tactic than trying to put WM out of business.

My focus is to call Wal-Mart up and chew their tails out for publishing this insulting advertisement. If enough people call, they will never do that again. They don't want their sales ad thrown in the trash before it is opened.

One example is Bowflex. They had a song playing over their add saying "I'm going to make you horney". I'm not lying. I got mad and called. The sales girl answered and I asked, "how is the Bowflex going to make me horney"? I went into well that is what the song claims and on and on about what was screaming across my TV.... Well, the add was pulled that week. I know, I was not the only person calling. The ad was pulled right after a big winter storm, which effected a lot of the nation. I'm sure lots of people were sitting at home watching TV and heard it and they responded. Most likely because they were trapped at home with nothing better to do. Another one of my current rants is face-lifted Kristy Brinkley promoting Oil of Olay and she is saying she looks 25 because of the product. RRRRRRRR

People need to realize that 1 complaint letter actually represents about 25,000 people. Studies have shown that is how many people will take action, compared to how many feel that way. Marketing departments know this and so do Senators.

Now here is my personal dilemma. Wal-Mart is the closest store, to my home. No mom and pop places exist in the big city. I can spend $3 a gallon for gas to go further way and eat up my potential savings, while trying to avoid shopping at WM. Either way, I loose.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

andyt,

You might be describing some of us!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Put every mom and pop out of business and it will be a few thousands of illegals - go to the poultry or beef industry and it will be a million. See the difference.

No, the idea of boycott didn't come up because they boycotted. It has been something that has been boiling for sometime. It is just hard to get the word out. I am sure you didn't mean that to be as condescending at it sounded.

Understand the illegals didn't boycott anything. They took the day off, marched around screaming and chanting and waving flags. That is not what I am talking about - you do understand that, don't you?

Now if a big boycott happens, would some American workers be hurt - you bet.

So what's the alternative - business as usual? Let the illegals take the jobs of the Americans eventually - let them break the American working families, completely. Let them take over the country without a fight?

Whatever happens Americans are going to be hurt. Now we have subscribed to the notion that the government will take care of it and do what is right and see what it has gotten us. Who do you think is going to make this right? It is either hurt a little now or total annihilation in the future.

If people had had any gumption years ago and stopped buying the poultry and dairy when they first started bringing them in - millions of Americans would still be working and we wouldn't be saddled with the burden we now are.

Sounds like something this PResident, congress and Fox would love.

While I oppose Wal Mart on principle - I don't see them employing illegals in the numbers that other industries do.

Being a financial advisor you surely know that if a company stops selling their product, it will make a difference.

I am curious to know why you think putting mom and pop out of business, driving the customers and illegal workers to the big business is an answer to the problem.

It does sound like good financial planning - for big business - not for Americans.

Please, I hope no one is swayed by the argument that we can't touch big business or that somehow it is a sacred cow that we mustn't harm because they might lay off some Americans. I would rather they did it temporarily and send the illegals home, than to replace them completely, and permanently with illegals - that is what is going to happen if we don't do something.

These new legals are not going to pay anymore taxes in the future than they have in the past - they aren't going to use any less services - probably more.

Everyone surely realizes that Americans are going to loose their jobs - it is a done deal, unless we do something. Don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise. If we haven't seen that by now, we haven't been looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Feedback Form

http://www.walmartstores.com/GlobalW...te.do?catg=221

If you would rather not provide us with this information, you may call us at 1-800-WAL-MART (1-800-925-627.

I'm livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We quit buying anything at Wal-Mart here in Houston months ago. All of them have become nothing but ghetto stores anyway. Nothing but thugs hanging out and Mexican low lives with 10 kids each running around tearing up things. You get what you pay for shopping Wal-Mart.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I have been anti Wal Mart for a very long time. They have destroyed small town America - especially in the South.

They didn't do it alone, however. They get such sweetheart deals from cities when they decide to go into an area. I have always wanted to slowtrail some of those city comissioners to see what kind of new boat or pickup they got from the deal.

What has been so sad for me is the fact that Wal Mart has been the leader and instigator of so much of the importation of cheap, shoddy Chinese made products. It put so many American manufacturers out of business, you can't get a quality product any more.

This cheap, shoddy goods that American families are buying today is one of the things that are keeping them broke. It seems really cheap to pay just $10 for a hand mixer - but if you have to keep replacing it - it isn't cheap.

Drive down a few streets on trash day and you will probably see one or more vacuum cleaners in the trash. They are built so flimsy - and don't last.

My old Kirby is heavy, cumbersome - but was made in the early 70's, and still works great.

I realize that some of it is younger people wanting to buy new things all the time - but a lot of it is that they must buy new things all the time.

A country whose #1 employer is a discount store chain that sells cheap, shoddy imported merchandise - does not have a strong stable economy. I don't care what the government tries to feed us.

Banned
    TO THOSE OF YOU THAT THINK BOYCOTTS DON'T WORK, LOOK AT THE PRICE OF CHICKEN IN YOUR GROCERY STORES.

25 CENTS A POUND FOR LEG QUARTERS HERE IN ATLANTA.

Sorry for the caps lock...

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    I know you might think boycotting is the "it" thing to do right now b/c the illegals did it, but it just doesn't make sense. The only kind of boycott that would make sense is against local, mom/pop places where illegals are heavily employed and their market share is small. If you go after a place like Wal-Mart or McDonalds, you will not only just be peeing in the wind, you will be hurting our own people.
    I absolutely agree with Truism. We have no grasp of where and how and under what circumstances goods are produced, the convolutions of marketing, promoting etc. Too many businesses are ethically worse than Walmart and are small enough to react to boycotts selectively applied. Yes, it's a crappy ad from our perspective, but we can survive it. Sepember 16th we will see similar ads celebrating Mexican independence day. They will anger us as well. We will want to boycott everybody. Still, as Truism noted, just how much impact this would have is questionable.

However, that is not the main reason I wouldn't go all gung-ho for a boycott. Basically our time on earth is limited, our free hours are limited, our energies are limited. The boycott idea is a digression that would distract us from more effective actions.

Every phone call you make to Wallmart , each letter you write, consumes irreplaceable time that can be better spent pressuring those who CAN effect change. Busying ourselves with minutiae dilutes our productiveness, saps our vigor, wastes time. IMHO it distracts us yet makes us feel like we are doing something productive, although that's debatable. Even POSTING on forums serves to rob us of time for neccessary action. However, this forum as well as many other websites are useful resources if not overdone. We each need to figure out exactly where our skills are, where our talent lies, where our limited time and resources have the most impact.

IMHO if you want Wallmart to feel a persuasive financial impact, get your teenagers to boycott as in no more video games, CD's etc. bought there. They boycott while you use YOUR precious time to call or write your representatives, your newspapers, your media, or volunteer to serve on the border.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Justsayno, I couldnt' disagree with you more about boycotts not working.

There is no way they can NOT work.

As Pinestraw said, chicken has been down now for several weeks. I thought it might just be my area - but it doesn't seem to be.

I do think we should continue with the blitz to congress, the media, etc. -

But why in the world should we continue to give our hard earned money to those people who have their foot on our necks, when it would be so easy to just not purchase their products one at a time.

Some of us are good at the government thing, the media thing, etc.
    You guys research that and tell us what to do and who (m?) to do it to - and we can do that. Personally, I would be lost trying to come up with the info.

But a boycott is something that, except for those getting the word out, would take no time, no money, no writing. It would be costless, painless, takes no time and therefore, would be completely doable.

Let those of us who can organize this part of it, just tell what boycott is going on now - and all you have to do is not buy Chicken, or beef, McDonald's or whatever.

It isn't an either or in my book.

Now if the house passes this and it is signed, we still have options.
    They will be a little more limited, but not giving money to illegal employers (and they will still be illegal as far as I am concerned) is something we can do no matter what congress or this President does.

If word boycott offends you - then let's come up with something else - but for goodness sakes - think about it.

You are paying for the rope that is hanging you - why would you find reasons to continue to do that when not doing it would be so easy and so beneficial. To continue is suicidal.

[/quote]

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast