Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I wonder what it would cost to advertise in a syndicated newspaper, to have walmarts mexican add on there X it out and have a minutemen holding a sign saying
    REMEMBER THE ALAMO AMERICA!
    Or, a pic of the firemen holding up old a tattered old glory amidst the rubble of the world trade center with a sign underneath it saying
    SECURE OUR BORDERS NOW!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Its not just Texas.

I'm in Florida and we got that ad in the mail yesterday.
    What Goes Around Comes Around

I'm getting a bit fed up with this notion that everyone thats anti-illegal should boycott Wal-Mart and half a million other places. I live a mile away from a Wal-Mart and I will not set foot in the Krogers across from it b/c for one, their prices are too high, and two, they don't sell everything I need when I do go shopping. Thirdly, how do you know that Krogers or any other grocery store isn't supporting illegals, directly or indirectly in some fashion or another? Do you honestly think theres any less chance that the fruits and vegatables at the mom-pop joints are picked by illegals than at Wal-Mart or any other place? Come on, get real..

And how bout the clothes, electronics, auto parts, tools, etc that we all have in our homes? I bet everyone on this board has at least 5 products in their home, right now, made in Mexico. Oh, but your going to go boycott Wal-Mart now that they published one little ad with hispanics and the spanish language on it? Give me a freaking break.

If you think, for one minute, that you, I, or any of the other people on this board is going to some how reduce our contribution to businesses that which support illegals directly or indirectly, your gravely mistaken. B/c just bout everything and anything is tied to illegals someway or another. And until I see folks throwing away their tools, TV's, vegetables, and whatever else that was made in MExico, I say to heck with it. I will shop at Wal-Mart whenever and how ever many times I want b/c at this point in time, it is the most logical and economic place for me to shop. I don't have much money now as it is due to the gas prices and I'm not about to drive 10 miles out of my way to say I shopped at some other place that didn't sell as much stuff that was made in Mexico than Wal-Mart.

good grief, people need to stop overacting this stuff.

Truism, I do understand what you are saying.

My dislike of Wal Mart has little, to do with their hiring of illegals. They don't in our area - they do cater to illegals with their announcements in Spanish.

Personally, I think Wal Mart is responsible for the decline of a lot of America's employment. They are the poster child for cheap, not inexpensive, Chinese goods being imported into America.

I think American's fascination with the 'big store, lotsa geegaws' atmosphere is one of the things that has kept the American families from saving and one of the reasons they are in in debt. Americans don't realize the difference in value vs. price. They get a thrill out of being able to go buy a cart of things that won't last - but heck, they can have the fun of 'shopping' again really soon. That seems to make them feel they have arrived.

That's not Wal Mart's fault - it is the American people. When you try to explain it to a younger person - their eyes just glaze over --

I just think we should stay out of Wal Mart as much as we possibly can - and I think we should purchase only what we really need - anywhere we buy.

As to boycotting businesses - that will work. It won't work with just 2,000 boycotting this store or that store, etc. There are millions of Americans who are against illegal immigration and they and their children have been harmed by illegals - financially, educationally, even physically.

If those millions would get together and boycott together - it would make a difference.

AS long as we continue to give money to employers who hire illegals and purchase politicians, we will get exactly what we are getting now - kicked in the teeth - and we are paying for the boots.

While the real purpose of this problem may be some worldwide agenda - the reason employers and politicians are doing what they are doing is money - greed - pure and simple.

Our money - that is. If we don't give them our money - they can't do what they do.

If we are not willing to be tough and smart with the use of our money, we probably won't do anything else ---
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie
    You are right. My daughter has a saying for walmart as I am sure lots of othejr peopel have this saying also
    WALMART FALLAPARTS!

Even if people, we don't make a dent in walmarts business with our boycott at least
    WE CAN STAND TALL IN OUR OWN MINDS!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I do have to give one kudos to Wal-mart.... when I called to complain there was no "Press 1 if you want to hear this in English. Press 2 for Spanish" BS like ya hear with most other places ya call nowadays.
    ---Reesa---
    Yes, I am from Texas. No, I didn't vote for him!

Get used to it, because if this Bill passes in the House, it will only get worse

More and more commercials are using Latino actors in their advertising.

Chevy trucks, Wachovia, Cargill, and La Quinta Hotels all have new commercials using either Spanish speaking actors or Latino actors

They are stuffing this down our throats!.

Concerned, you are absolutely right. That is something I have been noticing.

These companies are planning on an amnesty. They are planning on these people having more and more money to spend.

Now think about it, are those poor, hardworking people, doing the low paying grunt work going to be able to stay at LaQuinta.

Chevy trucks - I do understand. Many, many of them have bright shiny new trucks that cost between $20 and 30K.

There are a couple of things I am expecting to happen.

I think we are going to find out there were a lot more educated illegals here than anyone wanted us to know. I think they are going to come forward and apply for, demand, and get the jobs of middle class America.

I also think you might find a snowstorm of lawsuits by illegals for either past happenings or present working conditions.

I think you will find the labor unions organizing them and employers just might find themselves in a pickle. If the union doesn't do it, I think I will put the idea in the heads of some illegals and get the ball rolling.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    Get used to it, because if this Bill passes in the House, it will only get worse

More and more commercials are using Latino actors in their advertising.

Chevy trucks, Wachovia, Cargill, and La Quinta Hotels all have new commercials using either Spanish speaking actors or Latino actors

They are stuffing this down our throats!.
    I've noticed that too. There is a mutual fund or investment ad, that shows a person that is neither black, white, hispanic or whatever, but a kind of mix of them all. Is there a such thing as UNIRACE? Seriously, because the action figure (its not a real person) has no real distinguishing features that would make it appear one race or another.
    It just appears to be a blend of all races.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Truism,

Boycott or not, that's your choice. However, that does not mean you have to like it and that does not mean you should not complain.

Also the ad will be displayed on WMs website on Saturday. The 27th is the first day of the sale. I'll post a link when I see it posted.

Then everyone can get it strait from the horse's mouth.

Dixie

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast