Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by teamzr1
    ooh I can say that they should go, they could not make it in their country and then come here and take everything we worked for.
    Its interesting most Americans cannot afford to go to college or have more then 1 or 2 kids but NON Americans come here and get free grants for school, take our jobs and have 6 kids.

As far as the mexicans with 1 to 2 million a year sneaking into our home and then hearing them preaching "well they are here so they deserve to become legal" stinks.
    Sure there are many good people from all countries but I am sick of hearing how we shoud do without so they can reap the rewards of our work.
    Its stupid that we Americans have to even defend who comes into our home.
    Yes they need to work but let them do it in their country for when 5 to 10 million Americans have no job simply says there is way too many NON Americans here and many of us our sick of starving so that others can come and have a good life at our expense.
    Some stretch 11 to 15 million mexicans break our laws and then are being told how good they are when they have zero respect for us or are laws.
    I agree with the whole illegal immigration laws, and wanting to get them out of here. But I cannot agree with wanting legals out as well. I do think we should step up the process of how we accept legals into our country, or that we should moniter it a lot more than how we are doing it. But if they are here legally, they are paying the same taxes you are, they are here the same way that you are whether they want to assimilate or not that is up to them, and really they are the ones getting hurt. But just like you are not benefiting from illegals being here neither are they.
    Ok so they are not US born citizens, so that doesn't make them less than you. I am not defending criminals I do want to say that, if you are here legally but break the laws and cause harm then I believe that they deserve to be punished. But, I cannot say that legals and "NON Americans" as you say should go.

RIGHT ON, team! And, Lou Dobbs says THREE MILLION A YEAR come in through our Southern border. THAT is STAGGERING. AND, don't forget, the HUGE MAJORITY of them are Catholic, don't believe in birth control, WANT to have those babies HERE so they automatically become citizens and then they can start to tap into ALL of our resources.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Of course you would not agree because your reaping the rewards by simply getting some legal path into our country and then telling us what we should and should not do.
    They are paying taxes, what for 1 or two years yet claiming or grabbing rewards Americans paid taxes on for 20,30, 40 years so big deal they pay taxes, heck bush spends more then that of our money just in the fuel he burns up flying all over the world.

Same old story, they are illegal but by their numbers getting here in a legal fashion then use their voting power to force jerks like bush to push laws to make the illegals legal, then they can spout how they are legal while they take over this country.

Drive around Ca, you cannot find one decent pizza joint but every corner has a taco bell.

Legal is just a word, being born here by American parents is far from getting a piece of paper and then claiming they are Americans and looking down their nose as what our country should and should not do while as to the mexicans are flooding our country with drugs, the largest gang bangers are mexican gangs, yea real nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    RIGHT ON, team! And, Lou Dobbs says THREE MILLION A YEAR come in through our Southern border. THAT is STAGGERING. AND, don't forget, the HUGE MAJORITY of them are Catholic, don't believe in birth control, WANT to have those babies HERE so they automatically become citizens and then they can start to tap into ALL of our resources.
    It is worse, think about it, 3 million a year, that is over 8,000 a DAY !
    People who do not believe in the law, break our law, are not the type of people we want bringing up the USA for that only breeds their kids will have even less respect for us, our home and our laws.

Worse case, 50 million NON Americans, 1 out of 5 decide they want to take over this country and pick up a gun, heck they did not even have to invade to get on our shores.

I mentioned in another post, when I was working at cisco system it was ILLEGAL to bring meat into the building for lunch, why because LEGAL NON Americans from india forced the rule and if you were forced into a working lunch they would only order NON meat pizza like with pineapple on it and when you requested at least one with meat you were made to look like at fool and told NO.

And, don't forget the DISEASES they are bringing in, team. Diseases that had LONG SINCE been eradicated here--TB, leprosy. I could go on and on. IF they were coming here like our ANCESTORS, they would have been stopped at Ellis Island or wherever the point of entry was and they would have been given a complete physical. If they were ill, they were turned away. We could not then, and CANNOT NOW, afford to continue to bring diseased people into our country so that they can pass them on and so that we can pay for their treatment.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I am not telling anyone what to do. You could have no clue of waht my life is like, and what my family like other Hispanics families do. You look at the bad side, and I understand why you do it. And I take your side and try to help in this, but to tell me that I am reaping the rewards that I am taking advantage is wrong. I have no scholarships, no financial aid, my parents have to work their butts of to pay for college like any other middle class American. I know what its like for illegals to get scholarhips while my dad works extra hours to pay for school, with the thoght that my sister is less than a year away from starting. And then even more becasue she is heading down the road to med school.
    My dad came here with a H1 visa he works as hard as any other American, you ask what he is he says I am American. And that is the point I want to get out, that to stereotype to say taht I am reapin the rewards is not getting this anywhere. I want you to understnad both sides of the story to better win this fight. Not, to give us benefits becasue I am hispanic, I dont want that.I want to knwo that I got here not becasue I am Hispanic but becasue I am qualified becasue I worked to get to school, because my dad studied to be an engineer, he didn't get to the top because he was Hispanic. My sisters don't get good grades and awards becaue they are Hispanic they get them because they try as hard as any other American. Don't tell me I simply got a legal path into YOUR contry. THis is MY country as much as it is yours. I want the same benefits as you, not becasue I am an immigrant, becaseu I am AMERICAN.

I do not care about your family I care about those Americans who are starving while your family is having a nice time being here.
    Lets see there are 1 billon people in china, another billion in india, lets make a law they are legal and bring them here too.
    We CANNOT be the crying towel for everyone and as long as one Ameican cannot afford to go to your school or have the job your father stold from an American then you all heve to go back to the country you gave up on for the cookie jar here is about to explode.
    Sure your daddy wants you to be called an American, what parent in any other country would not like the goodies that come with that label when people born here do not even get the crumbs.
    I would think you would be spending more time doing school work then telling Americans why we owe NON Americans our homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Aracely
    I am not telling anyone what to do. You could have no clue of waht my life is like, and what my family like other Hispanics families do. You look at the bad side, and I understand why you do it. And I take your side and try to help in this, but to tell me that I am reaping the rewards that I am taking advantage is wrong. I have no scholarships, no financial aid, my parents have to work their butts of to pay for college like any other middle class American. I know what its like for illegals to get scholarhips while my dad works extra hours to pay for school, with the thoght that my sister is less than a year away from starting. And then even more becasue she is heading down the road to med school.
    My dad came here with a H1 visa he works as hard as any other American, you ask what he is he says I am American. And that is the point I want to get out, that to stereotype to say taht I am reapin the rewards is not getting this anywhere. I want you to understnad both sides of the story to better win this fight. Not, to give us benefits becasue I am hispanic, I dont want that.I want to knwo that I got here not becasue I am Hispanic but becasue I am qualified becasue I worked to get to school, because my dad studied to be an engineer, he didn't get to the top because he was Hispanic. My sisters don't get good grades and awards becaue they are Hispanic they get them because they try as hard as any other American. Don't tell me I simply got a legal path into YOUR contry. THis is MY country as much as it is yours. I want the same benefits as you, not becasue I am an immigrant, becaseu I am AMERICAN.

Aracely--I ADMIRE you and YOUR FAMILY for what they've done so don't get me confused with people with opinions that are different. If your family came here legally as you say they did, they have ADOPTED our country and that is ADMIRABLE. After all, that is how we ALL got here. Maybe not in THIS generation but in SOME generation. I'm sure you have worked hard for what you have achieved and I'm positive your father has.

I still say that ENGLISH should be a prerequisite for anyone applying for citizenship. AND, my problem is that MOST of the illegals who come to our country ARE Hispanic so you know that presents a problem that it impossible to overcome. That might be why it seems that I am upset about the fact that they DEMAND everything in SPanish. I just say that the playing field should be LEVEL and that any LEGAL immigrant who comes to our country should be ACTIVELY pursuing several things including learning our language, OUR culture and assimilating because, after all, it is OUR country that has offered these opportunities to you and, because of that, I feel that the least any LEGAL IMMIGRANT can do is honor US by assimilating. That is NOT asking too much. And, the ILLEGAL ones are just making it tough for ANYONE to immigrate to America. I can understand why you are upset with them.

Bootsie I agree with you 100% I think that coming here does mean to assimilate to learn the language and to adapt to the culture. And many legal families such as mine have done that. I don't want to be treated any different then you. And to be told that I am not welcome is a slap in the face. I want the same thing that many people on this site want. I don't want the immigration laws to be easier for legals to come in. But my family didn't come here unqualified. My dad knew english when he came here, he studied in Mexico and was qualified to be here. I was only two, I grew up here. I know very little about Mexico's history, I know the names that any other Americans know. Sure, I am fluent in both english and spanish, and have a lot of culure from Mexico, its only normal. But I don't expcet for Americans to learn spanish or to love my culture. I mean if you want to I will gladly tell you but if not then that is fine. I take no offense to it what so ever. I do take offense when I am told that I am getting the easy way in. I have been here all my life, I know no other life then the one I have here.
    And you are also right, illegals should not be demanding everything in spanish. I complety agree with you. I mean they are here now illegaly and if they are here they might as well try to assimlate. But, it is true many won't and well I can tell them something, the ones I see or I use to work with. But, it's hard to find grounds with someone when in a way you don't support them being here.

We are in agreement, Aracely. And, I can certainly understand why this is upsetting to you. This is the only HOME you know and it IS your home. This country IS a country of IMMIGRANTS but some of us feel that, right now, until we can get this INVASION of ILLEGALS stopped, a moratorium needs to be put on ALL visas until we can sort things out. AND, Americans ARE losing jobs to the H !-B visas and other work visas and that is not right either. That, I think, is where teamzr1 is coming from. When you've lost a good job to someone, whether they came legally or not, I can understand the resentment as I'm sure you can.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast