Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Of course I understand the resentment and I also understand needing to sort everything out with visas. Thanks so much for your comments, it has really helped calm me down.

Aracely,

You are welcome here and even more so because your family legally immigrated and you stand against illegal immigration.

It's important to remember that anyone can use the ALIPAC discussion boards but posts do not equate to our organization's positions.

ALIPAC supports those that legally immigrate and we would encourage our Discussion Group users to do the same.

teamzr1 has a very valid point about LEGAL immigrants assimilating and becoming full Citizens that support both America and the principles that America stands for.

That being said teamzr1's statement about Aracely's personal situation is coming close to a violation of rule #2

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-317.html

We certainly don't all agree here due to the diversity of people and opinions on our board, but let's all make sure we stay within the rules.

ALIPAC supports legal immigrants but at the same time many of our supporters favor a time out or reduction on the legal levels till this crisis is resolved. Also, by saying we support LEGAL immigrants it does not mean that we support legalizing all through guest worker and amnesty programs.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, ALIPAC!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I do not care about your family I care about those Americans who are starving while your family is having a nice time being here.
    teamrz1, how can you say such a thing? I care about Aracely AND her family. They are here legally and they DESERVE every good thing life has to offer them. Illegals by the thousands waltzing across the border and getting amnesty as a reward are a slap in the face for immigrants like Aracely whose father did the right thing and made good choices instead of bad to insure the well-being of his family.

I care about the starving Americans, too. Stopping the flow of illegal immigrants is going to alleviate that problem. But there will still be starving Americans even when the last loophole to fraudulent citizenship in this country is plugged. We can't very well take it out on legal immigrants and natuarlized citizens who obeyed the laws as they are or as they were when they came here.

Aracely, thank you for sharing your story with us. We can only become better educated by your presence here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is EXZACTLY what I was refering to in my post "What I know about mexicans"

[quote] Sure, I am fluent in both english and spanish, and have a lot of culure from Mexico, its only normal. But I don't expcet for Americans to learn spanish or to love my culture.

What ar said is what I hear ALL the time..."MY CULTURE" well, what about mine??? and why do hispanics ALWAYS refer to mexico as "my country". Well, I'm sick and dam tired of hearing that phrase, your either an American or your not. That would mean YOUR CULTURE ar, would be AMERICAN and thats that.

Sorry if it offended you but I tend to get offended when i hear that phrase.
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

GOOD FOR YOU, BARTH! YOU are a TRUE AMERICAN!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

thanks JuniusJnr for the support.
    And Barth I am sorry if I have offened you by comment. I that was not what I would want to do. It's a difficult position to be in, and I guess my 'roots' are in Mexico. And well your culture is also very important and I have that in me as well. It's hard to understand this and I understand that.
    But I can answer your questions about Hispanics and Mexico. Because it has to do with this whole situation. Many Hispanics feel that Mexico is their country, and that is why we are in this situation. I think that is wrong for them to claim Mexico as their country, and that keeps them away from groups like this. I constanlty hear things like that, and people defending Mexico and say that it's their country and honestly I think that it is confusion on where they are. I can speak from experience, I mean I thought that by coming here and agreeing with many of you I was denying "my people". And then I realized that I was wrong. Something that was pretty hard for me. And as you can see I am still finding my way. But I think that many Hispanics find themselves in the same position I did, but a lot worse.

AR: If you want to know a little about what I'm talking about you shold do a search for barth49 and look for the post "mexicans and what I'v learned" my wife is a legal mexican and we have a daughter that is 1/2 mexican...neither of them could care less about the mexican "culture" as they are AMERICANS first, last and ALWAYS.

I do understand what you are saying, but, do you understand what I am saying?

I take no hard feelings in your post.
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

Aracely, you are welcome.

I know from personal experience what a leap it is to try to adapt to a culture other than the one you are brought up in. I lived overseas in Arab countries whose cultures are vastly different from anything I'd ever even heard of prior to going there. It was hard to learn their language and hard to just sit down and accept their way of life because what they call laws we call cruel and unusual punishment or torture. I know it has to be easier for people who come to the US than that was. At least here you can't get arrested for simply discussing the differences in the wrong company like you can there.

I'm curious, do you have any insite as to why the people run across the border instead of staying to fight for their own rights and their own country? I know very little of Mexican history other than the Spaniards taking it from the Indians, and the hi-lites as far as the historical clashes with the US and it's territories. I just feel like there has to be some reason for 95% of the people to settle for doing without while 5% seem to have everything.

Barth, I know exactly what you are saying. I live in an area where second and third generation Americans who immigrated from Mexico are persecuted by their own relatives because they look out for America first.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast