Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good question Bootsie. I too would like to know "when" and "by whom" this idiotic practice started. I want names, ranks, and serial numbers.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Let's try to remember to make that our project after we finish our team assault on the media this week!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Children born to immigrants here legally should not be American Citizens because in 1 year or 2 or 6, when the visa expires the parent or parents have to leave and of course would have to take their children with them including any born here.
    Legal immigrants are permanent residents, their visas do not expire so they do not have to leave in 1,2, or 6 years. Perhaps you are thinking of "temporary" workers like H1B who are supposed to leave after a few years. They are not immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    It BEATS the dumbest ass thing our government has ever done. WHO in the HELL thought THAT ONE UP????? Must have been HILLARY!
    No, it started way before Hillary. In 1898, the US born son of Chinese immigrants named Wong Ark was returning from a trip to China. Apparently the US immigration officer didn't want to let him back in for some dumb-assed reason. Well, Wong Ark sued, saying he was a US citizen under the 14th Amendment. The case went to the Supreme Court, and using some arcane reasoning they agreed with him. Anyway, his parents were legal immigrants, and since at that time the US let just about anyone in with no numerical restrictions, so there were basically no illegal aliens, this ruling was applied to the children of all immigrants.

This ruling was not a big problem since even after numerical immigration quotas were adopted, the laws against illegal aliens were enforced so there were few illegals in the US. It was not until 1964 when the Bracero program was ended and the US allowed these "temporary workers" to stay illegally that the illegal alien population went above 200,000 for any extended period of time.

The President or Congress could have stopped this practice after 1964 but did not under pressure from the OBL, who wanted to use these anchor babies as an excuse to keep ever increasing numbers of illegal aliens here. Even "bring it on" Bush has used this excuse a few times as to why he won't deport illegal aliens.

Although it is a piss poor excuse, both FDR (Great Depression) and Eisenhower (Operation Wetback) deported many thousands of anchor babies along with their illegal parents.

A friend of mine is an American Citizen but was born on foreign soil when his parents worked overseas. He didn't become a citizen of the foreign country, he is an American Citizen because his parents are American Citizens.
    Then there are "stateless" children who are not a citizen of any country. The ones I know of were born in Asian refugee camps to Vietnamese boat people. Like you say, the countries these camps were located in did not grant citizenship to these children. The US, even though they financed and controlled these camps, did not grant them citizenship. And Vietnam, who considered their parents traitors, would not give them citizenship.

About 70,000 of these stateless children were born in the refugee camps. My nephew is one of them. I call him "the man without a country"!

Children born to immigrants here legally should not be American Citizens because in 1 year or 2 or 6, when the visa expires the parent or parents have to leave and of course would have to take their children with them including any born here.
    Legal immigrants are permanent residents, their visas do not expire so they do not have to leave in 1,2, or 6 years. Perhaps you are thinking of "temporary" workers like H1B who are supposed to leave after a few years. They are not immigrants.

Yes, Tim, you are right. But we can ask them to leave if we want to, right? Or not? Why would we have a permanent resident program? What purpose does that serve?

I'm sorry for your nephew. These situations are tragic and are certainly not the types of situations of our focus. There are many ways to become a legal immigrant and US Citizen through the process.

The focus of course of the anchor babies law is to end the automatic citizenizing of children of foreign nationals without a process.

Thank you so much for being so knowledgeable and sharing that knowledge with all of US at ALIPAC and all our viewers.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks, TimBinh. That really helped me understand the whole picture. I don't have ANY PROBLEM with LEGAL immigrants, who have acquired citizenship, having babies here and the babies are American citizens. My only problem is with the "anchor babies" and my interpretation of "anchor babies" are babies born of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in our country ILLEGALLY. I just think that the ILLEGALITY immediately disqualifies them for ANY privileges afforded to Americans OR LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. NOT TEMPORARY VISA HOLDERS but LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Scubayon's situation would define what I think would be a situation where, if his wife had a baby now AND she is in the PROCESS of becoming a CITIZEN, that baby would be an American citizen. It's not their fault that our government can't perform their duties in a timely fashion so that she could become a citizen. Scub is a CITIZEN and his wife is on the PATH to citizenship THE RIGHT WAY so I would feel that a baby that they had now would be an American citizen.

Long diatribe but the main point is that the problem I have is with the children of ILLEGALS born in this country when the mother is NOT SUPPOSED TO EVEN BE HERE.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, nice post. But even then, the baby should be automatically a citizen, they should file for papers and make it happen through a process. The only automatics should be children of American Citizens. Remember anchor babies is only about the automatic citizenship upon birth and doesn't affect all the other ways to become a citizen.

Take this scenario:

American Male Citizen marries Legal Chinese Immigrant. They have a baby. Male Citizen gets runs over by a bus. US Economy Tanks, Globalists Take Over; There is No Opportunity; Just Employed Poverty in a Drone Dorm Cell...whereas China is booming; raking it in; pushing all envelopes; riches abound. Legal Chinese Immigrant says...mmmm....maybe more opportunity now in China and wants to take her baby and return to China where she is still a citizen. China might not allow her US Citizen Baby. Now what? Maybe it's better for citizenship to parallel with the mother and when hers is changed, the baby's citizenship changes also so they are always citizens of the same country so they can stay together--which for Mothering Purposes is the most important issue.

There are so many scenarios. That's why automatic citizenship upon birth should be restricted to people under our jurisdiction which are American Citizens.

Good point. SCUB--what WOULD THE PROCEDURE BE IF you and your wife had a baby BEFORE she received her citizenship???

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast