Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I feel that he is constitutional enough to say that he will do the peoples will. He knows he was voted in to represent us. If that is what we want he will do it, just like on Russerts show he states that he went after earmarks because that is what his consituents wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Well, the 86 bill was not all bad. It was the first time that employer sanctions were put into US law. However, the problem was obviously that they went unenforced. I don't think his position in 87 is the only issue -- as you can see from the monologue I wrote above, but here it is again.

"There shouldn't be any immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

--Ron Paul

How comfortable are you with this? He was a hard-core OBL. Tried and true. I can never trust someone who had such an asinine position when there certainly was a problem at the time. If Duncan Hunter made statements like this, let me know, and I will quickly pull my support.
    Ron Paul admitted he said that however he also said "we found out the 1986 amnesty did not work, if we do that again it will send the message that millions more can come" this tells me he is intelligent enough to learn by his mistakes.

I can tell you Bear I have certainly learned by many of my mistakes in my life time, and I made plenty of them.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "Ron Paul admitted he said that however he also said "we found out the 1986 amnesty did not work, if we do that again it will send the message that millions more can come" this tells me he is intelligent enough to learn by his mistakes"

John McCain also admitted that comprehensive wasn't the way to go now that we defeated it , now he says we have to secure the border first

Did he also see the light?

I will admit , I am seeing a lot of info on Paul I wasn't aware of , I new some of it but a lot of this is a real eye opener

Quote Originally Posted by AuntB
    Look at Paul's record! Some minds are closed to the facts.

Following is the information that Terry Anderson attempted to discuss with the Ron Paul supporter, who refused to hear it either.

Above a Paul fan said Paul is the only one in the race who isn't CFR....Wrong. Duncan Hunter isn't.
    Discussed in another thread D. Hunter is not on the ballot in a number of states.

Ron Paul's "official stance":
    http://www.betterimmigration.com/can...aulPres08.html
    Amnesty & Attrition Through Enforcement

OFFICIAL STANCE on Amnesty/Legalization for illegal aliens and on Attrition Through Enforcement that pushes illegal aliens to go back home
    No amnesty.
    Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws. RonPaul2008.com
    OFFICIAL STANCE on reducing LEGAL immigration numbers
    No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services. RonPaul2008.com
    Assessment of Past Immigration Actions in Political Office
    EDITOR'S NOTE: Candidates who have served in Congress have an extensive record on federal immigration issues which have been weighed and graded. Other candidates have had less opportunity to deal with immigration at other levels of government. B View Grade
    Citizenship for Births to Illegal Aliens
    OFFICIAL STANCE on giving U.S. citizenship for births to illegal aliens:
    End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong. RonPaul2008.com
    2005: Voted for H.R. 4437 to increase interior enforcement
    Rep. Paul voted in favor of final passage of H.R. 4437 which would increase interior enforcement by requiring employers to use the Basic Pilot program to verify that new hires have the legal right to work in the United States. As well, it would bring state and local law enforcement agencies more into the enforcement fold and provide funding through both grants and reimbursement for their assistance in federal enforcement efforts. H.R. 4437 was passed by the House by a vote of 239 to 182.
    2006: Voted in favor of H.R. 6095 to increase interior enforcement
    Rep. Paul voted in favor of H.R. 6095 to clarify state and local law enforcement’s inherent authority to enforce Federal immigration laws and overturn a decades-old court injunction that impedes the Federal government’s ability to remove aliens from El Salvador on an expedited basis. H.R. 6095 passed by a vote of 277-140.
    ENTRY/EXIT SYSTEM AT BORDERS
    OFFICIAL STANCE on implementation of entry/exit system to reduce illegal aliens who overstay visas
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas. RonPaul2008.com
    BORDER SECURITY
    OFFICIAL STANCE on the fence and other strengthening of the border
    Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals. RonPaul2008.com
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

"There shouldn't be any immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

--Ron Paul

How comfortable are you with ...

How comfortable are you with someone changing their beliefs based upon todays situation. If you're quoting someone, perhaps it helps (or doesn't) if you post the full statement, and not the part that helps support your post.

Paul says he also said "there may be a time when it becomes an invasion. He's changed his mind now because it's an economic issue and immigration is making us more of a welfare state."
    What's the price is freedom...today? Veteran, US Army, E-5, 1978-1982 *****Ron Paul for President 2008***** http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Ron Paul is who we need right now to reign in the executive branch, and mend all of the disaster areas they've created from the judicial branch to the war in Iraq and pending attack on Iran. The current administration is the most secretive ever, and WAY too greedy for money and power.

Having said that, why does everyone want to nit-pick every detail from his past to present. Granted, we need someone who's strong and won't be corrupted- he's proven that. We want someone who will have policies that are in line with our desires- but really, what candidate can please each and every one of us? I believe right now the most important thing is to get someone in who will get us out of the huge mess that has been created because of the elitists' greed and visions of a 'new world order'.
    That would be a good start.

As for "BearFlagRepublic":
    It sounds like you do a lot of research, and that's something that we all need to do- it starts by turning off the tube. However, I really think that you are not taking into account the sheer growth of illegal immigrants in the last 20 years. Where it may have not been such a problem when our economy was a bit better (because we weren't giving all of our money to the military complex in order to take over the worlds' oil) and there were jobs that, frankly, Americans didn't want. I grew up in the apple capital of the world (in WA state) and have seen the growth first-hand with the amount of migrant workers in this agricultural area. Does it not stand to be reasonable that if amnesty and free access to education, food stamps, health care, etc. were lost to the illegal immigrants coming here, that they may just slow their journeys across our borders??
    Beyond all of that, I'm curious who you support (for it was never mentioned here). My concern is that the very real threat of a NAU (which many candidates are for, whether they say it out right or NOT) is the REAL concern for immigration. This is what is keeping the borders open, and no fences or military will go up along the borders if this is the main objective.

I don't know yet -- Ron Paul certainly makes me think, especially about Iraq. I'm glad it's going well over there (as I have a spouse over there at the moment), but I also wonder WHY we are there, WHY so much of our military is being asked to go over there, leaving us so vulnerable HERE -- and why our President tolerates this invasion from the south, all the while sending our best men to the Middle East ....for what???

And I've always voted Republican, always been a conservative, patriotic, etc, etc. Ron Paul is intriguing ... if he made it to the ticket, I'd definitely vote for him over any Democratic or one world order RINO.

Okay, I give up...I'm NOT going to vote for anyone! I voted for Ross Perot, but never again will I vote for any change, I promise, Mr. Government person.

just kidding.
    What's the price is freedom...today? Veteran, US Army, E-5, 1978-1982 *****Ron Paul for President 2008***** http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

I'de rather not have another Bilderberg Group implant. Ron Paul is not what the elites want for American's future. The more they don't want Ron Paul the more I want him for president.

Tom Tancredo bailed out and immediately supports Romney but I have decided to pick Ron Paul.

After I saw Romney recently standing with H.W. Bush (The scary CFR cyclops) I decided I can not trust Romney; it ruined his chances for a vote with me instantly. Also at this event H.W. Bush also mentioned that Romney's father was one of the 'Thousand Points Of Light' which is his term of this New World Order.

Huckabee is a fascist. McCain is big time sellout/traitor.

Hillery is a neocon-nazi control freeak!

Ron Paul 2008
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

MY Gawd "AuntB" I have been over that so many times I am sick of it.

Please everyone go check out all the rest of the Canidates as thoughly as you have Ron Paul , look at their stand on Illegal immigration the only perfect one is Tancredo, he's gone.

second is Hunter and if you think he has a snowballs chance in hell with his backing on the war in Iraq please vote for him, have you noticed where he is, have you noticed in numbers USA he has a good immigration record but has not taken a stand on one thing. But most of all alot of Americans are fed up with the war in Iraq and the cost to Americans and it will keep him from getting the nomination.

Thompson is a member of the CFR and I will not vote for anyone who will sell us out to the North American Union, it it there, it is real and there is not one member who does not know what is going on in that organization.

Romney flip flops everyday no less 5,10 or 20 years ago.

We know about the rest no need to go there.

Then you have the Demacrates

This is why i am taking my chances on paul and if an Independant comes out in 2008 as I believe Lou Dobbs knows something about,I am open to changing my mind.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast