Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    At 17, Bristol is a concenting adult. This error in judgement has changed her life. I agree, more like gossip about the family than news about the candidate.

You know this makes Palin an attractive candidate to the pro-lifers.

Dixie
    Good points Dixie! I'm not so quick to celebrate any 17 year old who becomes pregnant out of wedlock. Generally, a 17 year old probably not had enough life experience to become a good parent. I guess there can always be exceptions, but why risk the well being and future of a child on that exception.

The daughter is lucky that she will have a supportive network around her to help out. For that, I do commend the parents as they are showing unconditional love and support for their child.

That's definitely a good thing!
    This unwed mom won't have to make her own way or worry about money. It's different than the normal teen that's having sex. She can stay in school and easily go to college too. Most just get the babysitter for free.
    You're kidding right?. . . Because her family has money it's ok that despite those alleged "family values" she's pregnant and probably being forced to have the baby and get married at 17?

Money can buy many things: nannies, clothes, food, shelter but it can't by love, happiness, mental or emotional stability nor can it buy this pregnant child the knowledge, skills and ability that it takes to be a mother. Being pregnant and giving birth does not make you a mother.

If the baby's daddy is being forced down the alter, money doesn't guarantee that he won't get sick of playing house and leave this child having a child as a single parent will it?

Some things are indefensible.
    Because her family has money it's ok that despite those alleged "family values" she's pregnant and probably being forced to have the baby and get married at 17?
    I never said that!
    I'm on your side.

I totally agree with everything else you said!
    I'm against babies having babies.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Only GOD
    Bingo.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    At 17, Bristol is a concenting adult. This error in judgement has changed her life. I agree, more like gossip about the family than news about the candidate.

You know this makes Palin an attractive candidate to the pro-lifers.

Dixie
    Good points Dixie! I'm not so quick to celebrate any 17 year old who becomes pregnant out of wedlock. Generally, a 17 year old probably not had enough life experience to become a good parent. I guess there can always be exceptions, but why risk the well being and future of a child on that exception.

The daughter is lucky that she will have a supportive network around her to help out. For that, I do commend the parents as they are showing unconditional love and support for their child.

That's definitely a good thing!
    This unwed mom won't have to make her own way or worry about money. It's different than the normal teen that's having sex. She can stay in school and easily go to college too. Most just get the babysitter for free.
    You're kidding right?. . . Because her family has money it's ok that despite those alleged "family values" she's pregnant and probably being forced to have the baby and get married at 17?

Money can buy many things: nannies, clothes, food, shelter but it can't by love, happiness, mental or emotional stability nor can it buy this pregnant child the knowledge, skills and ability that it takes to be a mother. Being pregnant and giving birth does not make you a mother.

If the baby's daddy is being forced down the alter, money doesn't guarantee that he won't get sick of playing house and leave this child having a child as a single parent will it?

Some things are indefensible.
    Because her family has money it's ok that despite those alleged "family values" she's pregnant and probably being forced to have the baby and get married at 17?
    I never said that!
    I'm on your side.

I totally agree with everything else you said!
    I'm against babies having babies.
    Sorry if I misunderstood you.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

As a child of the 60's I agree that somewhere down the line the messages were crossed. If it feels good, do it. Remember that? I do. And I had all that mumbo jumbo thrown at me. Thing is.....if rabbits grow without natural culling.....we'd be a world of rabbits. If sexual urges were ALL right and good then we'd have people screwing babies, dead bodies and dogs. If what we wanted was all right and good then ho-ho's and chocolate and beer would be our food pyramid.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I am one angry woman and until the punishment is equal on both sides.....well, I'm not so cut and dried. When real rapists and child molestors are made incapable of creating life.....fine. When women are made sterile for their manipulative attempts....fine. Till then.....the option must be left open. Afterall it's THEIR cross to bear, not yours. And unless you are willing to bear that cross for them or equally with them, then you have no voice or vote in the matter.
    I say, "If you don't have a vagina, you get NO VOTE"!!!
    Dick Morris

LOL.....but they do have a point here and there....LOL.....I don't do well lifting heavy objects..... or digging fence pole holes. HEY!!!!! BEING SARCASTIC here!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    LOL.....but they do have a point here and there....LOL.....I don't do well lifting heavy objects..... or digging fence pole holes. HEY!!!!! BEING SARCASTIC here!!!!!!
    The problem with this topic being thrashed over here, is that most here are probably Rep's. Others like me are Independents and I bet there's even some disallusioned Dems too! I lean Dem sometimes, like on abortion. This topic will get more and more heated until we are all so mad at eachother that we say something awful and they pull the post.

Just Watch!! LOL
    Dick Morris

WhatMattersMost

Whooo, you sure are tough on this one.

Really, they could be very good parents, gone to church every Sunday and have given the best guidance and advice to their children. However, when you are dealing with someone the age of 17 you have to let them out of the house because you can't watch them 24-7 and you have to trust that they will follow your teachings. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't and very often, they think they know more than you, so they take risks and make really bad mistakes and have to learn the lesson the hard way. We all know how stupid love can make a person.

I really don't believe it is any of our business. The daughter (an adult) is not the candidate. I feel the issue is very complex and emotional.

I feel the same way about Monica Gate... I just didn't care who the president was playing with behind closed doors and in private. If he were running all over the place and making an ass of himself, like Rudy Giliani, that would be different. I hate-hate the National Enquirer and the Star... I really don't need to know everyone's business. Unless they are breaking the law, it doesn't effect me. Since I am a private person, I want the same for myself.

I admire Palin for going on with her career, bravely facing the press and public scrutiny. That's a pretty gutsy woman in my opinion. She's not making excuses or trying to hide it. If she were a gutless chicken, she would just resign and slink off out of the eye of the press.

Dixie

I am a self supporting, tax paying, grown American woman and no you DON'T have ANY rights when it comes to anything that pertains to ME, MY CHOICES, DECISIONS OR ANYTHING ELSE REGARDING MY LIFE.

I'm done responding to your non sensical RAMBLINGS . . . .
    You really DON"T get it. At this point with I don't expect you to understand any other viewpoint other than your own. I have no INTEREST nor any INTENTION WHATSOEVER in assuming ANYTHING over your life. Live your life anyway you want...remember it's a free country unless the government enacts the "you cannot question" legislation that you would prefer. I have pointed out, consistently throughout this thread that Obama is PRO-ABORTION (Rated 100% by NARAL as per votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007). That's it...you have twisted and turned and obfuscated a load of your own prejudices and preferences into that straightforward statement of mine. We are obviously on different sides on the issue. Some respect for my opinion would be a mature and educated response. Not the "you have no right to question" that I heard instead.

Re: Palin is the best person for the job!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    This is about the Dems trying to dig up any dirt they can (or making it up if they can't) so that they can turn the election into non-issues (like it already is). Because they know they can't win on the issues or experience.

The Dems are so fearful because they know they have blown it with the women's vote (passing up Hilary for both Pres & VP!) and now they are worried. Don't get sidetracked from their gossip and non-issues. This election is about McCain & Palin/Obama & Biden and who will carry out the will of the people and NOT what their children are doing or how they look in a bathing suit, etc.

So, please keep on focus. Palin is the best person out of all four of them on our issue!

fyi - look for DFL women to be down-right mean to Palin. DFL women always complain there is not enough women in office but they are only talking about DFL women (conservative women don't count). They are really mean to conservative women as they look at conservative women as a threat to them - I see that all the time in my town.
    What a bunch of BS! This isn't gossip, it is fact, this isn't a Dem plan, this happened in Sarah Palin the Evangelical heroine Governor's own household. No Dem with the most evil thoughts could have dreamt of this happening in real life and playing out before their eye.

I'm not a Dem, I'm an Independent, but I'm glad to say there's no tears shed here for her or her family, just like I don't cry over broken up illegal alien families over deportations.

I have compassion for good people and when you "PLAY" with fire you get burned. John McCain and Sarah Palin should both be embarrassed over this indiscretion!
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast