Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Country Should Do Its Own Work

Immigrants Displace Native Workers
    Public attention has recently been drawn to situations where American workers are fired and replaced with temporary foreign workers, particularly in computer programming. Why would an employer pay a higher wage to an American worker when he could easily bring in foreign workers for a lower wage? The employer gains while the average worker pays with his or her job, and the nation pays in higher taxes.
    For example, a GAO study found that a decade of heavy immigration to Los Angeles had changed the janitorial industry from a mostly unionized one with a predominantly native black work force to one of non-unionized immigrants--often illegal aliens. In other industries, such as nursing and meat packing, ethnic recruiting networks have largely shut out U.S. workers
    http://www.issues-views.com/index.php/s ... ticle/2084

Retro said:

"They don't need to repent to you, personally. They need to confess it to God and ask Christ to be their savior. Of course it's not okay to sin afterwards and that's why you ask forgiveness (wholeheartedly) for God to forgive you each time you've sinned. How do you know that these people have not repented? I know many of them are not saved, but some are. How do you know if certain illegals are trying hard not to sin? You don't know anything like that. You're not God. Only he knows!"

If they continue in the country illegally, they are sinning against Romans 13:1-5. They are continuing to sin. Period.

A great pastor I've known since 1972 had an illegal couple in his church. He called them in when he was told of the situation. He told them they could no longer attend or be members of the church based on their disobeying the laws of our land and Romans 13:1-5. He told them that if their US employers would sponsor them, the church would be a reference for them, BUT they must return to their country and come in legally. If they didn't, they were not allowed to worship in their church because they would be continuing to sin. PERIOD. He is also the President of a theological school in southern California. That couple obey God's word, the laws of this land and are now citizens with free conscience before God and before the authorities of this land.

Another well-known pastor and President of Dallas Theological School holds the same view.

Quit making excuses for your friends. You would be a better friend if you held to the truth of the Word and helped them as Pastor John MacArthur did. If they don't obey that I truly question their profession. And don't give me the don't judge bit. John says "we will know them by the fruit of their lives." If there is no change its bogus.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Retro said:

"They don't need to repent to you, personally. They need to confess it to God and ask Christ to be their savior. Of course it's not okay to sin afterwards and that's why you ask forgiveness (wholeheartedly) for God to forgive you each time you've sinned. How do you know that these people have not repented? I know many of them are not saved, but some are. How do you know if certain illegals are trying hard not to sin? You don't know anything like that. You're not God. Only he knows!"

If they continue in the country illegally, they are sinning against Romans 13:1-5. They are continuing to sin. Period.

A great pastor I've known since 1972 had an illegal couple in his church. He called them in when he was told of the situation. He told them they
    could no longer attend or be members of the church based on their disobeying the laws of our land and Romans 13:1-5. He told them that if their US employers would sponsor them, the church would be a reference for them, BUT they must return to their country and come in legally. If they didn't, they were not allowed to worship in their church because they would be continuing to sin. PERIOD. He is also the President of a theological school in southern California. That couple obey God's word, the laws of this land and are now citizens with free conscience before God and before the authorities of this land.

Another well-known pastor and President of Dallas Theological School holds the same view.

Quit making excuses for your friends. You would be a better friend if you held to the truth of the Word and helped them as Pastor John MacArthur did. If they don't obey that I truly question their profession. And don't give me the don't judge bit. John says "we will know them by the fruit of their lives." If there is no change its bogus.
    And you too, continue to sin everyday, just like everyone else. Pastors are humans too. Some let illegals worship, some don't.

Did God ever turn anyone away when they seek him for sanctuary? If he did, we'd all be in hell by now.

Would it be OK for 10's of millions of Americans to go seek opportunity in Mexico, find jobs and make a better life - at the expense of the Mexican tax payers?
    I don't deal in hypothetical questions because I deal in reality. But, if you want an answer, Americans are not doing that right now, so I really don't know the answer to this question. I don't know how the Mexican people will receive 10 million Americans if this does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by retro
    Would it be OK for 10's of millions of Americans to go seek opportunity in Mexico, find jobs and make a better life - at the expense of the Mexican tax payers?
    I don't deal in hypothetical questions because I deal in reality. But, if you want an answer, Americans are not doing that right now, so I really don't know the answer to this question. I don't know how the Mexican people will receive 10 million Americans if this does happen.
    Sure you do, Dreamer. Just use that education to envision Mexico having to support millions of Americans. And it isn't 10 million, but an invasion of more like 38 million to Mexico. You know it wouldn't be allowed. But nice try on the Christian aspect to side-step the colonization of this country.

I would suggest you try this line with your religious leaders and declare yourselves the silent soldiers that you are. Then ask for forgiveness, for truly, you have sinned. I doubt you would be reprimanded since the invasion in sanctioned by the Catholic church. IMO

Charity begins at home and no illegal has figured that out. Yet. Americans will not let this nation be stolen because that would be allowing and encouraging a sin. We will not turn the other cheek and encourage evil. Good luck with your undeclared war on America. You're going to need luck 'cause God won't be on the side of sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler
    Sure you do, Dreamer. Just use that education to envision Mexico having to support millions of Americans. And it isn't 10 million, but an invasion of more like 38 million to Mexico. You know it wouldn't be allowed. But nice try on the Christian aspect to side-step the colonization of this country.

I would suggest you try this line with your religious leaders and declare yourselves the silent soldiers that you are. Then ask for forgiveness, for truly, you have sinned. I doubt you would be reprimanded since the invasion in sanctioned by the Catholic church. IMO

Charity begins at home and no illegal has figured that out. Yet. Americans will not let this nation be stolen because that would be allowing and encouraging a sin. We will not turn the other cheek and encourage evil. Good luck with your undeclared war on America. You're going to need luck 'cause God won't be on the side of sinners.
    God's not on the side of sinners, that's for sure. But he is merciful.

Have fun justifying your actions, thinking that they're okay. (For all I know, they could be.) I've shown you what Jesus said to do when enemies "take advantage" of you. It's really up to you to listen to him. I didn't say it, I showed you what was in the Bible.

Besides, it's not your job to tell me I've sinned. That's pride. You sin too, so don't act like you're better than any of us. You're way over your head, Rattler... Don't let it get too big.

Would it be right or wrong for Americans to illegally invade and colonize Mexico?
    Do you think they would/should have the right to defend their country from such an invasion?
    How do you think they would treat Americans that did such a thing?
    As for your other posts-What about the Golden Rule-you remember that -Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.
    The part you also keep going about how we can't/should not judge each other-didn't one of the Apostles say "We are not to judge others but we are to judge those in our group."As in keeping our church and its members accountable for their actions,help keep them on the straight and narrow path.
    Remember the part of the Bible where the man was sinning with his father's wife?Didn't the church get advised to excommunicate the man in hopes it would help him see the error of his ways?Wasn't that judgement?

I know it is fruitless to bicker with you because repeatedly you have evaded and cherrypicked.
    As for your chosen group-they ARE COVETING if they weren't they would be happy in their homeland with what they had.
    Again didn't the Good Lord say he would provide you with what you need?They had food,shelter and clothing in their countries.

Rawhide!

Have fun justifying your actions, thinking that they're okay. (For all I know, they could be.) I've shown you what Jesus said to do when enemies "take advantage" of you. It's really up to you to listen to him. I didn't say it, I showed you what was in the Bible.

Besides, it's not your job to tell me I've sinned. That's pride. You sin too, so don't act like you're better than any of us. You're way over your head, Rattler... Don't let it get too big.
    How is telling someone they have sinned prideful?
    Your sentence-"You sin too,so don't act like your better than any of us.
    That is curious-who is "us"?
    And why get all indignant with Rattler when you clearly stated-
    Have fun justifying your actions, thinking that they're okay. (For all I know, they could be.)
    If you don't know if you or Rattler is really in the right why argue?

You keep quoting that same parable from the Bible about the servant, the Bible is full of examples of forgiveness,it is what we should do.
    What do you think The Lord thinks of people who are knowingly doing wrong and continue to do so with no intention to stop?
    The illegals know they came here illegally and that they could have done it the right way but they chose the way fastest and most beneficial to themselves,they should be ashamed of themselves but they are not as shown in the "marches".
    What a wonderful legacy to pass on to their children-I came here illegally,got gov't benefits I wasn't entitled to,broke all kinds of zoning and employment laws, I also helped bankrupt cities and hospitals, drove down the standard of living and made the citizens of the country lose their jobs.We never paid taxes,that combined with all the free child services we got for each one of you helped you mom and I to buy all the nice things we now have.I also kept criminal gangs in business by buying some unsuspecting Americans social security number/identity,oh those were the days.

Rawhide!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide

How is telling someone they have sinned prideful?
    Your sentence-"You sin too,so don't act like your better than any of us.
    That is curious-who is "us"?
    And why get all indignant with Rattler when you clearly stated-
    Have fun justifying your actions, thinking that they're okay. (For all I know, they could be.)
    If you don't know if you or Rattler is really in the right why argue?

You keep quoting that same parable from the Bible about the servant, the Bible is full of examples of forgiveness,it is what we should do.
    What do you think The Lord thinks of people who are knowingly doing wrong and continue to do so with no intention to stop?
    The illegals know they came here illegally and that they could have done it the right way but they chose the way fastest and most beneficial to themselves,they should be ashamed of themselves but they are not as shown in the "marches".
    What a wonderful legacy to pass on to their children-I came here illegally,got gov't benefits I wasn't entitled to,broke all kinds of zoning and employment laws, I also helped bankrupt cities and hospitals, drove down the standard of living and made the citizens of the country lose their jobs.We never paid taxes,that combined with all the free child services we got for each one of you helped you mom and I to buy all the nice things we now have.I also kept criminal gangs in business by buying some unsuspecting Americans social security number/identity,oh those were the days.

Rawhide!
    Once again, not every illegal immigrant is a Mexican, there are some that pay taxes, not everybody is a gang member, but I think you already know this.

Like I said, I've shown you the verses, and it's really up to you to listen or not. It doesn't benefit me in anyway if you do it one way or another. People have a habit of running away from God's word if they don't like what God's telling them. I do that too, and I feel bad every time I do it.

"Us" refers to the whole human race. Refers to you, refers to me.

I have to agree, illegals marching with the Mexican flag is disgraceful. I'm not Mexican, and I wouldn't march down the streets with the flag of my home country.

I can't be answering every single debatable question that comes up. I think you guys should just shorten your posts because I do get very tired of reading the same mundane attacks.

Just know that Christ has forgiven all of us. Our stay on earth is really just a visit. I don't know why you guys are all focused on making other people's lives miserable... You have enough to spend, enough to eat. What you need to worry about is the things the Lord has promised you in Heaven. Maybe then, you wouldn't be so focused on nativism.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast