Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very interesting article MW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    We've all given retro good sound scriptural basis for the wrong doing of continuing as an illegal alien in the country. We've given God's scripture and our laws. Retro does not want the truth. He/she wants only a portion of the truth and wants to take it out of context to justify his/her residing here illegally by disobeying God's law and man's law.

With a closed mind their will be no growth spiritually or humanly. It's sad really. It's like a person who has a pain goes to the the doctor and the doctor says kindly, "don't worry put the ointment on in the morning and evening and place warm compresses on it three times a day. Take this pill for the pain and see me in three days.

The only problem with the scenario is the person doesn't just have a minor infection he has flesh eating bacteria and is dead in three days. If he had gone to the doctor and "truth with kindness" was given he would be told, "I'm sorry but this is serious. We will probably have to remove your leg from the knee down to save your life. We need to get into surgery immediately. If we don't you will probably be dead in three days."

The first doctor was kind and soothing but not telling the person the truth that could cost him his life. The second doctor told him the truth, which was hard to hear, but his kindness WAS telling him the truth that his skill was needed and probably would save his life.

retro I'll be praying for you that God will send conviction to your heart. That He will give you the courage to do what is right by the laws of this land and right in God's eyes. Romans 13:1-5 (again). It won't be easy, like the person with flesh eating bacteria, but I truly believe that God will bless you if you obey our laws.
    You don't know where I am with my walk with Lord. No one, except I, know that. The only thing that I do know is that I'm saved from condemnation. No human being can keep all of God's laws. Only Christ did that. I'm prepared to pay back taxes (render what you owe to Caesar) and wait in the back of the line, but the government hasn't given me the chance to do so. All you guys are interested in is deportation, when I am prepared to pay back my dues in order to remain in this country.

I've never chastised another Christian like you guys do here. To me, you're pointing fingers and you refuse to handle this situation with a caring attitude.

Don't presume to know the mind God if it's not stated in the Bible. It's not your job to judge where I am with God.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    retro wrote:

good day everybody, and i hope that you'll someday understand that not all illegal aliens are the horrendous criminals you say we are.
    Horrendous, maybe not, but you're all criminals in my book. For the record, can you identify one instance on ALIPAC where someone specifically said, all illegal aliens are "horrendous" criminals?

I don't care how I am in your book. I only care that my name is in the Book of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by retro
    We've all given retro good sound scriptural basis for the wrong doing of continuing as an illegal alien in the country. We've given God's scripture and our laws. Retro does not want the truth. He/she wants only a portion of the truth and wants to take it out of context to justify his/her residing here illegally by disobeying God's law and man's law.

With a closed mind their will be no growth spiritually or humanly. It's sad really. It's like a person who has a pain goes to the the doctor and the doctor says kindly, "don't worry put the ointment on in the morning and evening and place warm compresses on it three times a day. Take this pill for the pain and see me in three days.

The only problem with the scenario is the person doesn't just have a minor infection he has flesh eating bacteria and is dead in three days. If he had gone to the doctor and "truth with kindness" was given he would be told, "I'm sorry but this is serious. We will probably have to remove your leg from the knee down to save your life. We need to get into surgery immediately. If we don't you will probably be dead in three days."

The first doctor was kind and soothing but not telling the person the truth that could cost him his life. The second doctor told him the truth, which was hard to hear, but his kindness WAS telling him the truth that his skill was needed and probably would save his life.

retro I'll be praying for you that God will send conviction to your heart. That He will give you the courage to do what is right by the laws of this land and right in God's eyes. Romans 13:1-5 (again). It won't be easy, like the person with flesh eating bacteria, but I truly believe that God will bless you if you obey our laws.
    You don't know where I am with my walk with Lord. No one, except I, know that. The only thing that I do know is that I'm saved from condemnation. No human being can keep all of God's laws. Only Christ did that. I'm prepared to pay back taxes (render what you owe to Caesar) and wait in the back of the line, but the government hasn't given me the chance to do so. All you guys are interested in is deportation, when I am prepared to pay back my dues in order to remain in this country.

I've never chastised another Christian like you guys do here. To me, you're pointing fingers and you refuse to handle this situation with a caring attitude.

Don't presume to know the mind God if it's not stated in the Bible. It's not your job to judge where I am with God.

But Christ did set an example for us to follow and he had a lot to say about repentance and breaking the law and continuing to break the law. There is no excuse.

Just a little something to share; This part of the sermon was not about illegal aliens but about parents, children, house rules and prompt punishment for breaking for the rules. And how parents has to be consistant. If the parent is not then the child will push a little further and ignore the rule.
    Plus punishment must fit the crime. Punishment for crossing the border should be different from using false or stolen SS numbers and IDs.
    This reminded me about what is happening with illegal aliens who break the law and cross the border illegally. They are not speedily caught and sent back across the border, they continue to come and continue to stay, because our immigration laws are not consistently enforced and speedily enforced.
    This was not the case when I was a child in the 50s. While traveling on the bus, immigration authorities would come on the bus and remove the illegal aliens and send them back across the border. Today, this would be considered racial profiling.
    If our immigration laws were speedily enforced they would be less tendency for illegals to break them. Our government has to be consistent and prompt in enforcing our immigration laws, just as a parent has to be consistent and prompt in meting out punishment for their children when they break house rules.

Eccl 8;11-13.
    Because sentence against a bad work has not been executed speedily, that is why the heart of the sons of men has become fully set in them to do bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Just a little something to share; This part of the sermon was not about illegal aliens but about parents, children, house rules and prompt punishment for breaking for the rules. And how parents has to be consistant. If the parent is not then the child will push a little further and ignore the rule.
    Plus punishment must fit the crime. Punishment for crossing the border should be different from using false or stolen SS numbers and IDs.
    This reminded me about what is happening with illegal aliens who break the law and cross the border illegally. They are not speedily caught and sent back across the border, they continue to come and continue to stay, because our immigration laws are not consistently enforced and speedily enforced.
    This was not the case when I was a child in the 50s. While traveling on the bus, immigration authorities would come on the bus and remove the illegal aliens and send them back across the border. Today, this would be considered racial profiling.
    If our immigration laws were speedily enforced they would be less tendency for illegals to break them. Our government has to be consistent and prompt in enforcing our immigration laws, just as a parent has to be consistent and prompt in meting out punishment for their children when they break house rules.

Eccl 8;11-13.
    Because sentence against a bad work has not been executed speedily, that is why the heart of the sons of men has become fully set in them to do bad.

This is a very appropriate scripture dyehard39.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But Christ did set an example for us to follow and he had a lot to say about repentance and breaking the law and continuing to break the law. There is no excuse.
    Exactly right dyehard39. If the pattern of the life doesn't change, then the repentance is false. If you can continue to break a law by being here illegally with a clear conscience then conversion is in doubt. I John speaks very clearly on this as does James.

I believe there is something in the bible about after knowing right from wrong and you continue to do what is wrong, there is no longer any forgiveness because you nail Christ to the cross over and over again.

Heb 10;26,27
    James 4;17

I believe there is something in the bible about after knowing right from wrong and you continue to do what is wrong, there is no longer any forgiveness because you nail Christ to the cross over and over again.

Heb 10;26,27
    James 4;17
    I believe this is the one you're speaking of.

17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do, and does not do it, to him it is sin.

James 4:17 (NASB77)

And Yes, Heb 10 scriptures are terrifying indeed.

Mexico's economy is in shambles... There are resistance groups fighting the government for a piece of land. People are living in poverty. Where did you get the idea that Mexico has good economy? I've studied a bit about the Hispanic community in school and they paint a very different portrait...
    well then i think you should go home and help set things strait.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast