Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Nutrition’s role in mental health: Research shows a healthy diet promotes psychologic

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

7 Proven Ways to Keep Your Brain Young

7 Proven Ways To Keep Your Brain Young

POSTED ON FEBRUARY 24, 2024

By GreenMedInfo
    Over 5 million Americans have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Another 10,000,000 suffer with severe dementia and Parkinson’s. Even more struggle with age-related mild cognitive impairment. Here are 7 natural ways to defend your brain.
    Alzheimer’s disease affects about 5.3 million Americans. It’s the leading cause of dementia and the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S. And it’s growing at an alarming rate. Already 13% of people over 65 have been diagnosed with the disease. An astounding 43% of those over the age of 85 are victims.[i]
    Alzheimer’s has been called the defining disease of the boomer generation. Its victims are expected to triple by the year 2050.
    In addition, it’s estimated that 10,000,000 others suffer with severe dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
    But even if you escape these debilitating and life-threatening diseases, you may be among millions more who suffer from mild cognitive impairment (MCI or what is frequently called “age-related cognitive dysfunction”) and normal “age-associated memory impairment.” These conditions are what many of us have experienced as “senior moments.” The symptoms include memory loss, as well as a decline in the ability to think and reason.
    Some of these problems are a result of the natural aging of our brains. But others arise from poor nutrition and exposure to environmental toxins.
    Natural Blaze is Google-Free — We Need Your Support
    Contribute Just $1 Per Month at Patreon to Aid the Cause of Health Freedom
    Drugs have shown little promise and serious side effects. But here are seven proven methods to keep your brain young and sharp.
    1. Bacopa Boosts Cognition
    Bacopa monnieri (L.) is a traditional herb used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. It is prescribed as a memory and learning enhancer, a sedative, and anti-epileptic. In Australia, it is a popular memory aid for people over 60 years old.
    Bacopa grows in the wet tropics and is also commonly known by its English name, water hyssop.
    In a rigorous study published in the Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, researchers found that Bacopa has positive effects on several measures of cognitive performance. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, they gave participants either 300 mg of Bacopa daily or a placebo pill. The subjects were 54 volunteers, 65 or older, without clinical signs of dementia. [ii]
    After 12 weeks, those taking Bacopa improved their delayed recall memory, their reaction times and their ability to ignore irrelevant information. Placebo recipients saw no change.
    In addition Bacopa recipients showed a decrease in heart rate, depression and anxiety while placebo recipients saw increases.
    Three other double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studies support Bacopa’s benefits in verbal learning abilities, delayed recall of word pairs, and age-associated memory impairment.[iii],[iv],[v]
    Bacopa’s memory-enhancing effects have been attributed in part to saponins. Other ways Bacopa may work include its antioxidant effects, protein synthesis in the brain, and modulation of brain stress hormones.
    Other studies show Bacopa extracts also ameliorate neurotoxic effects of nicotine and aluminum, and reduce β-amyloid plaque levels in animals.
    2. Ginkgo Biloba Improves Memory
    For years gingko biloba has been linked to memory improvement. It acts as a free radical scavenger, protecting neurons from oxidation. It also improves microcirculation in the brain and reduces platelet aggregation.
    Human studies show taking gingko biloba regularly can improve mental health, cognition, motor skills and quality of life.[vi] It’s particularly helpful for memory loss, attention, alertness, vigilance, arousal and mental fluidity.[vii]
    In 2005 researchers put gingko biloba up against Pfizer’s $4 billion a year prescription drug donepezil (trade name Aricept) in a 24-week randomized, double-blind study. [viii] An extract of gingko biloba (160 mg per day) was found to be just as effective as the drug for mild-to-moderate Alzheimer’s disease. The researchers concluded there were no relevant differences in the efficacy of gingko biloba and donepezil, and use of both substances can be justified.
    In a more recent double-blind trial gingko biloba was found to be significantly better than placebo in improving cognitive function and behavioral symptoms in 400 patients with Alzheimer’s disease or vascular dementia.[ix]
    3. Tea, Wine and Chocolate Improve Thinking Skills
    As we get older, a diet high in some flavonoid-rich foods may help with better thinking skills.
    Researchers examined the relation between 3 common foods that contain flavonoids (chocolate, wine, and tea) and cognitive performance. They followed 2,031 participants aged 70 to 74 years from the Hordaland Health Study in Norway.[x]
    People who consumed chocolate, wine, or tea had significantly better scores on cognitive tests and lower rates of poor cognitive performance.
    Those who ate all three foods had the best test scores and the lowest risks for poor test performance.
    The good results were dose dependent. The best performance maxed out at 10 grams per day of chocolate and 75-100 ml per day of wine. The effect was most pronounced for wine and modestly weaker for chocolate.
    Other research shows that resveratrol, found in wine and chocolate, has the ability to neutralize the toxic effects of proteins linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
    In a study published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry researchers showed that resveratrol selectively targets and neutralizes clumps of peptides or proteins that are bad and have been linked to Alzheimer’s, but leaves alone those that are benign.[xi]
    Resveratrol is a chemical compound in plants that acts as an antibiotic to fight off both bacteria and fungus. Besides grapes and cacao, it is found in raspberries, mulberries, blueberries, and cranberries. It’s also in peanuts, pine trees and Japanese knotweed, the source of most resveratrol supplements.
    4. Antioxidants Decelerate Brain-Aging
    It’s clear that people eating a diet high in fruits and vegetables have fewer age-related diseases like Alzheimer’s. Eating more high-antioxidant foods such as berries, Concord grapes, and walnuts may enhance cognitive and motor function in older people.[xii]
    Studies show supplementing with fruit or vegetable extracts high in antioxidants (e.g. blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, and Concord grape juice) helps decrease the vulnerability to oxidative stress that occurs in aging. That can lead to improvements in behavior.
    Fruits and vegetables can also enhance communication between neurons and decrease stress signals induced by oxidation and inflammation.
    Other studies indicate that blueberry or Concord grape juice supplementation in humans with mild cognitive impairment increases verbal memory performance.
    5. Intermittent Fasting Regenerates Brain
    Overeating is a risk factor for many age-related diseases including cognitive impairment.
    Experimental models of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease and stroke show that dietary restriction (reduced calorie intake) can beef up the resistance of neurons in the brain to dysfunction and death.
    How? Dietary restriction stimulates the expression of ‘stress proteins’ and neurotrophic factors. Neurotrophic factors may protect neurons by increasing production of proteins that suppress oxidation and free radicals.
    In addition, dietary restriction increases the number of newly-generated neural cells in the adult brain. In other words, it may increase the brain’s capacity for plasticity and self-repair.

Researchers suggest that limiting calories may reduce both the incidence and severity of neurodegenerative disorders in humans.[xiii]
    Intermittent fasting is not as difficult as it sounds. It doesn’t involve just drinking water. Most intermittent fasting plans cut calories to 25% of normal amounts. That’s about 600 calories for men and 500 calories for women on one or two days of the week.
    6. Sleep Cleans Out Brain Toxins
    A University of Oregon study shows middle-aged or older people who get six to nine hours of sleep a night think better than those sleeping either fewer or more hours.[xiv]
    Researchers used data involving more than 30,000 subjects in six countries. They found that individuals sleeping less than six hours and more than nine hours had significantly lower cognitive scores compared to those in the intermediate group.
    The researchers used five standard cognitive tests involving immediate recall of a list of words, delayed recall of those words later, forward and backward recall of long lists of numbers, and a verbal fluency test in which they listed as many animals as possible without repetition, the use of proper nouns or descriptors.
    One reason a good night’s sleep works is the brain’s trash removal system. During sleep the brain works 10 times as hard to remove toxic proteins like the ones responsible for Alzheimer’s damage.[xv] If you’re not asleep, the brain can’t get rid of plaques so easily.

7. Curcumin Clears Alzheimer’s Plaques
    The incidence of Alzheimer’s among adults in India is about 4.4 times less than that of Americans.[xvi]
    Researchers in Singapore suggest the reason might be curry and the spice turmeric. They looked at curry consumption and brain performance in 1,010 Asians between 60 and 93 years of age. Those who ate curry occasionally (less than once a month) and often (more than once a month) performed better than those who rarely or never ate curry.[xvii]
    Over 30 studies in the GreenMedInfo data base deal with the promise of curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. According to one study, turmeric showed remarkable results in Alzheimer patients in just three months.
    A 2006 UCLA study found curcumin may help clear the amyloid plaques found in Alzheimer’s disease. One way it works is by boosting the work of macrophages. These cells in the immune system help the body fight foreign proteins.
    Researchers took macrophages from the blood of Alzheimer’s patients and healthy controls. They treated some of the macrophages with curcumin. The treated macrophages showed improved ingestion of the beta-amyloid proteins. The researchers concluded that curcumin may support the immune system to clear amyloid plaques.[xviii]
    And in animal studies low doses of curcumin led to 40% less beta-amyloid than in those not given the spice.[xix]
    Studies indicate low doses of turmeric over a long period of time are most effective. That’s a good reason to add turmeric to your daily diet. It’s great in curry sauces, scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, mustard sauces or salad dressings.
    There are many other natural ways to keep your brain young including coconut oil, ginger, B-vitamins[xx], and saffron.
    For much more information on healthy brain aging visit GreenMedInfo page on the aging brain.

References
    [i] Alzheimer’s Association. 2012 Alzheimer’s disease facts and figures. Alzheimer’s and Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer’s Association. March 2012; 8:131-168
    [ii] Carlo Calabrese et al, “Effects of a standardized Bacopa monnieri extract on cognitive performance, anxiety, and depression in the elderly: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.” J Altern Complement Med. 2008 Jul;14(6):707-13. GreenMedInfo Link
    [iii] Stough C. Lloyd J. Clarke J, et al. The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects. Psychopharmacology. 2001;156:481-484. [PubMed]
    [iv] Rey A. The Clinical Examination in Psychology [in French] Paris: Presses Universitaires de France; 1964.
    [v] Roodenrys S. Booth D. Bulzomi S, et al. “Chronic effects of Brahmi (Bacopa monniera) on human memory.” Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002;27:279-281. [PubMed]
    [vi] Cieza A, Maier P, Poppel E. “Effects of Ginkgo biloba on mental functioning in healthy volunteers.” Arch Med Res. 2003 Sep-Oct;34(5):373-81. GreenMedInfo Link
    [vii] Clostre F. “Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761). State of knowledge in the dawn of the year 2000.” Ann Pharm Fr. 1999 Jul;57 Suppl1 :lS8-88.
    [viii] Mazza, M., Capuano, A. Bria, P., Mazza, S., Eur J Neurol. 2006 Sep;13(9):981-5.
    [ix] Oleksandr Napryeyenko, Irina Borzenko, “Ginkgo biloba special extract in dementia with neuropsychiatric features. A randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial.” Arzneimittelforschung. 2007;57(1):4-11. GreenMedInfo Link
    [x] Eha Nurk et al, “Intake of flavonoid-rich wine, tea, and chocolate by elderly men and women is associated with better cognitive test performance.” J Nutr. 2009 Jan;139(1):120-7. Epub 2008 Dec 3. GreenMedInfo Link
    [xi] Ali Reza A. Ladiwala et al, “Resveratrol selectively remodels soluble oligomers and fibrils of amyloid aβ into off-pathway conformers.” J. Biol. Chem. jbc.M110.133108. May 28, 2010, doi:10.1074/jbc.M110.133108
    [xii] James A Joseph, Barbara Shukitt-Hale, Lauren M Willis, “Grape juice, berries, and walnuts affect brain aging and behavior.” J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Aug 13;118(3):396-404. Epub 2008 May 20. GreenMedInfo Link
    [xiii] M P Mattson, “Neuroprotective signaling and the aging brain: take away my food and let me run.” Brain Res. 2000 Dec 15;886(1-2):47-53. GreenMedInfo Link
    [xiv] Theresa E. Gildner, Melissa A. Liebert, Paul Kowal, Somnath Chatterji, J. Josh Snodgrass. “Associations between Sleep Duration, Sleep Quality, and Cognitive Test Performance among Older Adults from Six Middle Income Countries: Results from the Study on Global Ageing and Adult Health (SAGE).” Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 2014 DOI: 10.5664/jcsm.3782
    [xv] Lulu Xie et al, “Sleep Drives Metabolite Clearance from the Adult Brain.” Science 18 October 2013: Vol. 342 no. 6156 pp. 373-377 DOI: 10.1126/science.1241224
    [xvi] Pandav R, Belle SH, DeKosky ST. “Apolipoprotein E polymorphism and Alzheimer’s disease: The Indo-US cross-national dementia study.” Arch Neurol. 2000;57:824-30. [PubMed]
    [xvii] Ng TP, Chiam PC, Lee T, Chua HC, Lim L, Kua EH. “Curry consumption and cognitive function in the elderly.” Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906. [PubMed]
    [xviii] Zhang L, Fiala M, Cashman J, Sayre J, Espinosa A, Mahanian M, et al. “Curcuminoids enhance amyloid -beta uptake by macrophages of Alzheimer’s disease patients.” J Alzheimer’s Dis. 2006;10:1-7. [PubMed]
    [xix] Yang F, Lim GP, Begum AN, Ubeda OJ, Simmons MR, Ambegaokar SS, et al. “Curcumin inhibits formation of amyloid beta oligomers and fibrils, binds plaques, and reduces amyloid in vivo.” J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5892-901. [PubMed]
    [xx] De Jager CA et al, “Cognitive and clinical outcomes of homocysteine-lowering B-vitamin treatment in mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial.” Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2012 Jun;27(6):592-600.
    Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of GreenMedInfo or its staff.
    Source: GreenMedInfo
    This article is copyrighted by GreenMedInfo LLC, 2024
    Visit our Re-post guidelines

7 Proven Ways to Keep Your Brain Young (naturalblaze.com)

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Cancer-Parasite Connection & How to Effectively Purge Your Body with Research-Proven Natural Medicines (Video & Free eBook)

Sunday, February 25, 2024 9:02

The Cancer-Parasite Connection & How to Effectively Purge Your Body with Research-Proven Natural Medicines (Video & Free eBook) - The Washington Standard

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Food Storage Recipe - 5-Can Veggie Soup

Food Storage Recipe - 5-Can Veggie Soup

5-can veggie soup

1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can corn
    1 can ready to serve minestrone soup
    1 can mixed vegetables
    1 can black beans , drained

Dump the tomatoes, corn, soup, mixed vegetables, and black beans into a big saucepan.
    Stir it all together.

Warm the soup over medium heat and serve.
    Quick little meal that uses pantry items that everyone should have stocked up.
    Serve with garlic bread.

Food Storage Recipe - 5-Can Veggie Soup | Prepared For Survival - Food Storage & Preparedness

Irish Colcannon Soup

MONDAY 26 FEBRUARY 2024

Today I had a part of a cabbage left in the refrigerator that needed using up, and I was wanting a belly warming soup for my lunch, and so I went on a search for a soup that I could use up my cabbage in. I came across this recipe for Irish Colcannon Soup on a blog called Fusion Craftiness.

It sounded right up my alley. Not only did I have everything that it required, but it also looked very simple to make, as well as being delicious! And with Saint Patrick's day in the offing, how could I resist such a recipe as this? I could not!

Colcannon is a famous Irish dish which is composed of potatoes and cabbage, cooked and mashed together with warm milk and plenty of butter. It is usually served on a platter in the middle of the table with a huge dip in the middle of the mash to hold even more butter and they scoop it out with bits of bread to eat it, trying with every bite to get some of that butter as well. Delicious!

I am 27% Irish according to my DNA test results. Unfortunately, Ireland was one country I never did get to visit in the 20 plus years I was living on the other side of the pond. It was on my bucket list, but sadly never happened.

I love the Irish people. They are so humble and interesting. My good friend Jo is Irish and she is so sweet. I love her to pieces. She was the housekeeper at the Manor that I cooked at.

The Irish are well known for their gift of gab and ability to tell a good story. They are also well known for being able to create something spectacularly tasty from simple and honest ingredients, such as this soup I am sharing with you today. Prepare to fall in love.

WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE IRISH COLCANNON SOUP

Surprisingly few ingredients, and all of them humble, everyday things that most of us have in the kitchen and larder.

• 1 1/2 TBS salted butter
    • 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
    • 1/4 pound (115g) coarsely chopped cabbage
    • 2 medium floury potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (3/4 pound/340g)
    • 2 1/2 cups (600ml) hot vegetable stock
    • 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk or single cream (half and half)
    • fine sea salt and ground white pepper to taste

To garnish: (optional)

• Chopped spring onions
    • buttery crisp croutons (see notes)

I always use regular salted butter in my baking and cooking. If it is a recipe where I think salt will be an issue I just cut back on the salt required in the recipe. It is very rare that it causes an issue. It is just not practical for me to keep two kinds of butter in my kitchen.

I used a regular hard white (which is the typical hard ball) cabbage as that is what I had. I do so miss the varieties of cabbage that were available to me in the U.K. I loved sweetheart cabbage and winter king. I also loved savoy.

I do not believe that savoy cabbage would hold up well in this recipe. I think it would dissolve in the time needed to cook the other ingredients, but I could be wrong.

Just use regular brown skinned cooking onions. They are sufficient for this recipe. Nothing special needed. There would be nothing out of the ordinary in a humble Irish kitchen, so don't think you have to go crazy with using special ingredients. Simple and ordinary will suffice well.

The vegetable stock I used was the Better Than Bouillon vegetable base. It is a thick liquid concentrate that comes in a small jar. It is very well flavored and condensed. You need to add it to water. One tsp per cup is usually sufficient. I always keep a vegetable, beef and chicken in my refrigerator and I love the depth of flavor each one brings to the table.

Floury potatoes are potatoes that break down into fluff when cooking. They are suitable for mashing and for any dish which does not require that the potatoes hold their shape such as a soup. A russet or Yukon gold work well here and in the U.K. I would recommend a Maris piper or a King Edward.

HOW TO MAKE IRISH COLCANNON SOUP

This soup requires only the basic of cooking skills, which means just about anyone can easily make it! Chopping vegetables and pot stirring are not all that hard to do! It is very easily pureed using an immersion stick blender. If you don't have one of those feel free to use a food processor or regular blender.

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onions. Sweat, without coloring, until beginning to soften over medium heat.

Add the cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well wilted.

Add the potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are fork tender.

Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with sea salt and white pepper.

Whisk in the milk/cream and heat through. Serve ladled into heated bowls, with or without a garnish. Delicious!

NOTES

Croutons are very easily made. Preheat the oven to 350*F/180*C/ gas mark 4. Spread bread cubes, or thinly sliced croissants onto a lined baking sheet. Spritz with some spray oil and then season lightly with salt, pepper and onion powder.

Sprinkle a pinch of thyme over top and then sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese lightly over top. Just a bit. Bang into the preheated oven and toast for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown and smelling fabulous.

This was really delicious. Thick and creamy, I found it to be nice and filling. All of the flavors worked well together without any one taking over the dish. They were there, but nothing dominated. It was just right.

Do make the crispy croutons to garnish it! Also the spring onions add a nice hint of sharpness which goes very well with the creaminess and mild flavors of this delicious soup!

There are not many more weeks of soup weather left before the weather will be turning into Spring. If you enjoy soup as much as I do in the colder months, why not try the following delicious options!

QUICK AND EASY TOMATO BISQUE - Richer than regular tomato soup and a lot thicker, this makes for a deliciously hearty meal option. This is a great quick & easy soup to serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. I love to top it with croutons and a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese.

SLOW COOKER SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HORSERADISH CREAM - Inexpensive, delicious and nourishing. This soup cooks all day and smells fabulous while it is cooking. If you like you can make it vegetarian by skipping the ham hock and adding additional smoked paprika (1 tsp) and using water instead of chicken stock. The leftovers freeze very well. Don't skip the horseradish cream! It is a delicious touch!

Yield: 3 servings
    Author: Marie Rayner
    Print

Irish Colcannon Soup

Prep Time: 20 MinCook Time: 40 MinTotal Time: 1 Hour
    Thick, rich and delicious. I like to serve this hot with homemade buttery croutons and chopped spring onions on top.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 1/2 TBS salted butter
    • 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
    • 1/4 pound (115g) coarsely chopped cabbage
    • 2 medium floury potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (3/4 pound/340g)
    • 2 1/2 cups (600ml) hot vegetable stock
    • 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk or single cream (half and half)
    • fine sea salt and ground white pepper to taste

To garnish: (optional)

• Chopped spring onions
    • buttery crisp croutons (see notes)

INSTRUCTIONS

• Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onions. Sweat, without coloring, until beginning to soften over medium heat.
    • Add the cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well wilted.
    • Add the potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are fork tender.
    • Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with sea salt and white pepper.
    • Whisk in the milk/cream and heat through. Serve ladled into heated bowls, with or without a garnish. Delicious!

NOTES

Croutons are very easily made. Preheat the oven to 350*F/180*C/ gas mark 4. Spread bread cubes, or thinly sliced croissants onto a lined baking sheet. Spritz with some spray oil and then season lightly with salt, pepper and onion powder. Sprinkle a pinch of thyme over top and then sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese lightly over top. Just a bit. Bang into the preheated oven and toast for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown and smelling fabulous.

All rights reserved The English KitchenDid you make this recipe?

Tag @marierayner5530
    on instagram and hashtag it #TheEnglishKitchen

Created using The Recipes Generator

This content (written and photography) is the sole property of The English Kitchen. Any reposting or misuse is not permitted. If you are reading this elsewhere, please know that it is stolen content and you may report it to me at: mariealicejoan at aol dot com

Thanks so much for visiting! Do come again!

If you like what you see here, why not consider signing up for my newsletter and/or following me on Grow. You can also bookmark my recipes via the Grow platform. Check out the heart on the right hand side of the screen.

Subscribe to The English Kitchen!

Get updates on the latest posts and more from The English Kitchen straight to your inbox.

SUBSCRIBE

I consent to receiving emails and personalized ads.

Recommended

DELICIOUS MAINS SOUPS VEGETARIAN

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Bok Choy Chicken

Irish Colcannon Soup | The English Kitchen

Last edited by Airbornesapper07; 02-26-2024 at 04:11 AM.

Natural ways to manage aches and pains

02/29/2024 // Olivia Cook // 610 Views

Tags: acupressure, alternative medicine, back pain, cold therapy, Cures, exercise, goodhealth, healing arts, health science, heat therapy, herbal medicine, Herbs, massage, music therapy, natural cures, natural health, natural medicine, natural pain management, Naturopathy, pain relief, remedies, Yoga

Here are some drug-free ways to manage aches and pains that have been recommended by naturopathic doctors.
    For best results, speak with a naturopathic doctor who can help determine the root cause of your problem and prescribe a treatment that will work for you. Some of the natural treatments available include:
    Acupressure and therapeutic massage

Acupressure is a type of massage therapy – manual pressure is applied to specific pressure points on your body, similar to acupuncture – except that fingers are used instead of needles.
    Deep tissue massage is known for its positive effects on back and neck pain, as well as sports injuries. Therapeutic massage may also relieve stress and help with health conditions, such as high blood pressure and fibromyalgia – a chronic (long-lasting) disorder that causes pain and tenderness throughout the body, as well as fatigue and trouble sleeping.
    Yoga

Yoga is a mind-body therapy that is often recommended to treat not only back pain but also the stress that accompanies it. Various yoga poses improve muscle flexibility, increase the body's release of endorphins that block the nerve cells that receive pain signals (essentially turning off your pain), promote relaxation and improve your confidence and sense of self-control.
    Music therapy

Music is commonly incorporated into various modes of exercise or regular physical activity by competitive athletes and recreational exercisers alike.
    A study published in the British Journal of General Practice is one of many studies that provide considerable evidence of music helping to decrease pain levels. Researchers explain that when you listen to music, your brain releases endorphins that block the nerve cells that receive pain signals, essentially turning off your pain.
    In another study published in the Journal of Functional Morphology and Kinesiology, researchers found that listening to music while exercising often results in improved performance.
    Natural herbs and spices

Mother Nature has provided these natural pain management solutions – e.g., aloe vera, boswellia (Indian frankincense), chamomile, chili peppers, cinnamon, cloves, devil’s claw, echinacea, eucalyptus, garlic, ginger, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, lavender, maritime pine bark, peppermint, rosemary, turmeric and white willow bark – that are gentle to your body and just as effective at relieving pain as prescription medications. (Related: These 7 herbs can help you through life's aches and pains.)
    Heat and cold therapy

Alternating heat and cold therapy helps reduce exercise-induced muscle pain or osteoarthritis effectively.
    Cold therapy (ice packs are a great choice for the first 72 hours after an injury) helps reduce the temperature of the skin and muscles and decreases blood flow and metabolic processes, which, in turn, reduces inflammation or swelling that causes the pain.
    Heat therapy, on the other hand, does the opposite, thus soothing stiff joints and relaxing the muscles.
    Note that neither option should be used for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, according to the U.S. Pain Foundation.
    Seek a professional

Consulting with a licensed natural health practitioner to find the right treatment for your health issues is always the best choice. To find a licensed naturopath near you, visit the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians' (AANP) website.
    AlternativeMedicine.news has more stories about natural remedies for various ailments.
    Watch the following video to learn about a natural pain-killing plant that you can find in most backyards in every U.S. state.

This video is from the Saranra channel on Brighteon.com.
    More related stories:

Not just a cute plant, the bunny ears cactus relieves pain naturally.
    Tamarind more effective than standard analgesics, study shows.
    The cabbage tree relieves pain and inflammation without any of the side effects caused by conventional drugs.
    Sources include:
    VerywellHealth.com
    MedicalNewsToday.com
    NIAMS.NIH.gov
    Healthline.com
    NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov 1
    NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov 2
    USPainFoundation.org
    Naturopathic.org
    Brighteon.com

Natural ways to manage aches and pains – NaturalNews.com

Squeaky clean and green: Use non-toxic alternatives to avoid toxic chemicals in commercial cleaning products

03/04/2024 // Zoey Sky // 370 Views

Tags: all-purpose cleaner, chemicals, cleaning, cleaning products, cleaning supplies, disaster, disinfection, green living, homesteading, how-to, natural ingredients, off grid, preparedness, prepper, prepping, remedies, self sufficiency, SHTF, survival, survival medicine, tips, toxic chemicals

It's important to keep your home clean even after a disaster to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    After all, maintaining cleanliness at home doesn't just help protect against external threats like infections and diseases, it also helps support your overall well-being. (h/t to Lung.org)
    Commercial cleaning products often contain harmful chemicals

While cleaning products and disinfectants are useful and effective, it is best to avoid commercial products because many commercial cleaning supplies sold in stores can cause adverse effects, such as eye and throat irritation. They can even burn your skin.
    Some products contain chemicals that also release volatile organic compounds, which can trigger allergic reactions, headaches and chronic respiratory problems.
    Studies have also found that many cleaning products contain dangerous chemicals that have been found to cause serious health problems, such as liver damage and cancer.
    If you want to protect your family from the harmful chemicals in commercial cleaning products, consider switching to an all-purpose non-toxic cleaner.
    How do commercial cleaning products affect your overall health?

A lot of commercial cleaning supplies and household products can irritate the eyes or throat, or cause headaches and other negative side effects.
    Other common products may also release dangerous chemicals, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs are chemicals that vaporize at room temperature.
    Even natural fragrances like citrus can react to produce dangerous pollutants inside your home.
    VOCs and other chemicals released when using cleaning supplies are linked to chronic respiratory problems, allergic reactions and headaches. Studies are being conducted to determine how these chemicals affect people with asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
    Studies have also found links between exposure to chemicals from cleaning supplies to occupational asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
    These are some of the cleaning supplies and household products that contain VOCs and other toxic substances:

• Aerosol spray products (e.g., beauty, health and cleaning products)
    • Air fresheners
    • Chlorine bleach
    • Detergent and dishwashing liquid
    • Dry cleaning chemicals
    • Furniture and floor polish
    • Oven cleaners
    • Rug and upholstery cleaners

Do not combine bleach or any bleach-containing product with cleaners containing ammonia. The gases created from this combination can cause chronic breathing problems and even death.
    Avoiding harmful cleaning and household products

When buying products, always check labels before you buy them.
    Buy non-toxic products that do not contain VOCs, fragrances, irritants and flammable ingredients. Avoid using air fresheners at home.
    Keep in mind that manufacturers are not obligated by U.S. law to list all ingredients in their consumer products. Additionally, products that are labeled "green" do not necessarily mean they are safer.
    Research products from a reliable source. For a safer cleaning alternative, you can clean your home with warm water and soap.
    Use baking soda as a natural ingredient for surfaces that need a good scrubbing. Combine a bit of vinegar and water to clean glass.
    When using cleaning or household products at home, keep the area well-ventilated. Always open windows and doors when cleaning.
    Avoid using cleaning products in a small, enclosed space. (Related: Prepper sanitation: How to make DIY disinfecting wipes.)
    Use an all-purpose non-toxic cleaner to keep your home clean without harmful chemicals

Protect your family from toxic ingredients in commercial cleaning products by using Health Ranger Select's All Purpose Non-Toxic Cleaner Concentrate Soap, the ultimate natural cleaning partner.
    This gentle but powerful formula helps eliminate stains, grime and dirt without compromising your health or the environment.
    Unlike other commercial cleaning products, All Purpose Non-Toxic Cleaner Concentrate Soap is an all-purpose cleaner that does not contain hidden toxins or strong chemical fragrances.
    All Purpose Non-Toxic Cleaner Concentrate Soap is made with wholesome, eco-friendly ingredients, such as organic coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and different powerful essential oils that make it safe for you, your family and the environment.
    All Purpose, Non-Toxic Cleaner Concentrate Soap is a versatile cleaner and you can use it for your laundry or cleaning carpets.
    Apply it on any water-safe surface in your home, such as bathroom tiles, fixtures, floors, kitchen counters, sinks and woodwork.
    Health Ranger Select's All Purpose Non-Toxic Cleaner Concentrate Soap is your ultimate cleaning partner. It is non-toxic, non-GMO, non-China and certified organic.
    It is also thoroughly lab-tested for glyphosate, heavy metals and microbiology.
    Visit Health Ranger Store to find more prepping products and Homesteading.news for more tips on how to keep your home clean using non-toxic ingredients and products.
    Watch the video below to learn more about All Purpose Non-Toxic Cleaner Concentrate from the Health Ranger Store.

This video is from the Health Ranger Store channel on Brighteon.com.
    More related stories:

Recipes for DIY cleaning products that can help you clean better and save money.
    Natural and effective cleaning supplies you can use to safely disinfect your home.
    7 TOXIC ingredients in cosmetics and personal care products.
    Sources include:
    Lung.org
    EPA.gov
    HealthRangerStore.com 1
    HealthRangerStore.com 2
    Brighteon.com

Squeaky clean and green: Use non-toxic alternatives to avoid toxic chemicals in commercial cleaning products – NaturalNews.com

UPDATED 5 MARCH, 2024 - 22:01 CECILIA BOGAARD
    Vichyssoise Is Served Cold Because King’s Taste-Test Took an Eternity

In the rich casserole of culinary history, few stories are as captivating as the legend surrounding the origin of vichyssoise soup. According to popular lore, the origin of this creamy delight is attributed to none other than King Louis XV of France, who reigned from 1715 to 1774.

The Origin of Vichyssoise: How Potato-Leek Soup Conquered France's Palate

Vichyssoise, pronounced

5:
    veesh-ees-wahz, is a chilled French soup made from puréed leeks, potatoes, cream and chicken stock. Served cold, usually during summer months, vichyssoise is known for its smooth texture and delicate flavor.Potatoes were first introduced to France in the late 16th century, brought from South America by Spanish explorers. However, they initially faced resistance and skepticism from the French populace and were primarily grown as ornamental plants rather than food crops.
    It wasn't until the efforts of Antoine-Augustin Parmentier—a French pharmacist, agronomist and chef—that potatoes began to gain widespread acceptance in France as a nutritious and versatile food source in the late 18th century.

Portrait of Antoine Parmentier by François Dumont, 1812. (Public domain)

Parmentier actively promoted potatoes as a solution to food scarcity and malnutrition during times of famine and war, by showcasing their culinary potential during public demonstrations and developing numerous potato-based recipes. These included potage Parmentier, or Parmentier soup, which was a potato-leek soup of which vichyssoise is a variation.
    Food tasters were a common presence in royal courts throughout the medieval and early modern periods. Their role was to sample food and drinks before they were consumed by royalty to ensure they were not poisoned—a precaution against assassination attempts.
    Despite being known as Louis the Beloved, Louis XV was no different. Legend has it that as vichyssoise made its journey to the royal table, it underwent a meticulous tasting process before it was deemed fit for royal consumption. By that point the soup was cold. Variations of this legend abound, with some attributing the story to other King Louis of France, including Louis XIV and Louis XVI.

Louis XVI feasting, in an anonymous 1791 caricature representing the excesses of the monarchy. (Public domain)

Unveiling the Culinary Truth About Vichyssoise

Behind the veil of myth of the genesis of vichyssoise lies the story of French chef Louis Diat, far from the royal court. Born in Vichy, France, Diat brought his homeland's essence to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in New York City in 1917. MasterClass reported that, inspired by his mother's cold potato and leek soup, Diat sought to recreate its comforting flavors.

Through experimentation, he crafted the velvety potato-leek soup blend. Serving it chilled preserved its freshness and enhanced its taste, becoming a summer favorite. Despite humble beginnings, vichyssoise quickly soared to culinary stardom, captivating diners with its elegant simplicity and refreshing flavor, earning it a global culinary accolade.
    Top image: Bowl of vichyssoise soup. Source: Michael / Adobe Stock
    By Cecilia Bogaard

Vichyssoise Is Served Cold Because King’s Taste-Test Took an Eternity | Ancient Origins (ancient-origins.net)

dehydrated food recipes

dehydrated food recipes - Search (bing.com)

How to Make Dehydrated Strawberries in a Dehydrator

• Recipes Worth Repeating
    • 19 reviews
    • 8 hr 10 min · 227 cals · 8 servs

Fruit Leather Recipe in a Food Dehydrator - How to make DIY

• The Black Peppercorn
    • 36 reviews
    • 4 hr 10 min · 4 servs

Natural Fruit Chips Recipe in the Dehydrator - Gluten Free & Vegan

• A Little Insanity
    • 19 reviews
    • 19 min

Cheesy Chicken (or White Bean) Broccoli & Rice

• Thehippyhomemaker.com
    • 1 review
    • 184 cals · 4 servs

Dehydrated Apple Treats

• Thepetlifestyleguru.com
    • 34 reviews
    • 7 hr 30 min · 41 cals · 15 servs

Dehydrated Banana Chips

• Real Food Real Deals
    • 5 reviews
    • 3 hr 5 min · 85 cals · 6 servs

Zucchini Chips Dehydrated

• Lowcarb-nocarb.com
    • 104 reviews
    • 8 hr 15 min · 154 cals · 3 servs

Dehydrated Risotto

• Fresh Off The Grid
    • 50 reviews
    • 35 min · 684 cals · 2 servs

Cheesy Kale Chips

• Familyapp.com
    • 5 reviews
    • 4 hr 10 min · 48 cals · 4 servs

Kale Chips (Dehydrator Recipe)

• Bonaippetit.com
    • 12 reviews
    • 2 hr 20 min · 89 cals · 4 servs

How to Make Beef Jerky in a Dehydrator

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 38 reviews
    • 7 hr · 167 cals · 5 servs

How to Make Sun Dried Tomatoes - with a Dehydrator - Recipe Steps

• Chilipeppermadness.com
    • 60 reviews
    • 6 hr 10 min · 411 cals · 10 servs

Dried Fruit

• Food Network
    • 8 reviews
    • 18 hr 30 min

Dehydrated Spiced Cauliflower Popcorn

• The Wicked Noodle
    • 102 reviews
    • 12 hr 10 min · 521 cals · 1 serving

How To Dehydrate Fruit

• Simple Vegan Blog
    • 22 reviews
    • 6 hr 15 min · 64 cals · 12 servs

Strawberry Fruit Leather - Dehydrator Method

• Weelicious.com
    • 4 min · 20 cals · 8 servs

How to Dehydrate Apples and Make Apple Chips | Dried Apples DIY

• Don't Waste The Crumbs
    • 54 reviews
    • 8 hr 20 min · 6 servs

How to Make Veggie Chips in a Dehydrator

• Growingandgathering.com

Raw Dehydrated Corn Chips

• Therawchef.com
    • 52 reviews
    • 22 hr 30 min · 283 cals · 4 servs

Chewy Dehydrated Bananas

• Attainable-sustainable.net
    • 68 reviews
    • 8 hr 15 min · 205 cals · 10 servs

Tropical Fruit Mix (In A Food Dehydrator)

• The Flexitarian
    • 1 review
    • 6 hr 5 min · 1215 cals · 1 serving

Dried Mango Slices in the Dehydrator

• The Cookie Writer
    • 2 reviews
    • 10 hr 15 min · 204 cals · 8 servs

How to Dehydrate Food at Home Without a Dehydrator

• Momdot.com

13 Best Healthy Dehydrator Snack Recipes

• Anastasiablogger.com
    • 1 review

Mango Fruit Leather (In A Food Dehydrator)

• The Flexitarian
    • 5 reviews
    • 6 hr 6 min · 31 cals

Dehydrating Tomatoes

• Simplycanning.com
    • 1 review
    • 12 hr 30 min

Pineapple-Berry Dehydrator Fruit Leather

• Food Network
    • 12 hr 10 min · 50 cals · 6 servs

30 Easy Dehydrator Recipes

• Insanelygoodrecipes.com
    • 6 reviews

7 Ways to Use Your Microwave As a Dehydrator

• Food Network

How to Dehydrate Cherry Tomatoes

• Brooklyn Farm Girl
    • 9 reviews
    • 9 hr 10 min

Top 10 Best Food Dehydrators in the Philippines 2020 (Severin, Fotile, and More)

• My-best.ph

Dried BBQ Cucumber Chips

• Excaliburdehydrator-recipes.com

Dehydrated Carrots Veggie Chips

• Perspectiveportions.com
    • 4 reviews
    • 3 hr 10 min · 61 cals · 4 servs

Chilli and salt dehydrated courgette crisps

• Planet Veggie

Homemade food dehydrator

• Just A Pinch
    • 1 review
    • 4 hr · 1 serving

Easy Dehydrator Chicken Treats

• Housethatbarks.com
    • 50 reviews
    • 7 hr 10 min · 10 servs

How to Make Fruit Leather in a Dehydrator

• My Frugal Home
    • 16 reviews
    • 6 hr 2 min

Dehydrated Kiwi Chips

• Dehydratorliving.com
    • 6 hr 10 min

Dehydrated Raw Vegan Cheezy Broccoli Chips

• Sproutingzen.com
    • 5 reviews
    • 241 cals · 3 servs

How to Dehydrate Banana Chips

• Flour On My Face
    • 22 reviews
    • 12 hr 15 min · 43 cals · 20 servs

Cranberry Orange Muffins

• Food Network
    • 95 reviews
    • 55 min · 196 cals · 12 servs

Dehydrated Vegan Food

• Theveggiegal.com

How To Dehydrate Orange Slices

• Flour On My Face
    • 3 reviews
    • 18 hr 15 min · 34 cals · 10 servs

Dehydrated peaches or nectarines

• The Messy Baker
    • 10 hr 15 min · 1 serving

Dehydrated Vinegar Potato Chips

• Veggieconverter.com
    • 126 reviews
    • 12 hr 10 min · 4 servs

Delicious and Nutritious Dehydrated Zucchini Chips

• Delishably.com

Homemade Dehydrated Fish Chew Dog Treats

• Kolchak Puggle
    • 8 hr 10 min

Dehydrated Oranges (dehydrator and oven directions)

• Hildaskitchenblog.com
    • 29 reviews
    • 3 hr 5 min · 42 cals

Dehydrated Beet Chips

• Allrecipes
    • 10 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 66 cals · 4 servs

How to Dehydrate Chili Peppers - Recipe Method

• Chilipeppermadness.com
    • 61 reviews
    • 5 hr 10 min · 14 cals · 10 servs

Dried Cherry and Almond Cookies with Vanilla Icing

• Food Network
    • 152 reviews
    • 2 hr 57 min · 128 cals · 24 servs

Dehydrated "Sun-Dried" Tomatoes in Oil

• Hildaskitchenblog.com
    • 2 reviews
    • 8 hr 20 min · 27 cals · 16 servs

How to Dehydrate Bananas to Make Dried Bananas "Candy

• Healthygreensavvy.com
    • 12 reviews
    • 6 hr 10 min · 110 cals · 24 servs

Backpacking Fried Rice for dehydrating in a dehydrator

• SparkRecipes
    • 606 cals · 1 serving

Dehydrated & Marinated Portobello Mushrooms

• Dherbs.com
    • 1 review
    • 4 hr 10 min · 337 cals · 2 servs

Raw Vegan Dehydrated Beet Chips

• Dherbs.com
    • 1 review
    • 8 hr 30 min · 113 cals · 4 servs

How to Dry Cranberries

• All Day I Dream About Food
    • 64 reviews
    • 3 hr 15 min · 51 cals · 8 servs

Dried Cherry Almond Scones

• Food Network
    • 140 reviews
    • 43 min · 958 cals · 6 servs

Dehydrated Chicken

What Is the Best Food Dehydrator?

• Ireallylikefood.com

Dehydrated Banana Chips

• SparkRecipes
    • 104 cals · 17 servs

Dehydrate Cucumbers and Make Powder too

• Food Storage Moms
    • 2 reviews
    • 4 hr · 4 servs

Walnut and Dried Cherry Bars

• Food Network
    • 76 reviews
    • 1 hr 25 min · 230 cals

Marinated Dehydrated Tomatoes

• Food In Jars
    • 243 cals · 10 servs

Dried Apricots

• 20 hr 10 min

Pantry Staples: Instant Pot Dehydrated Vegetable Soup

• Neverfreefarm.com

Hummus For Real

• Food Network
    • 151 reviews
    • 15 min · 886 cals · 2 servs

Dehydrator Snack Bar Recipe

• A Fresh Legacy
    • 12 hr 10 min · 10 servs

How to Dehydrate Tomatoes in a Dehydrator

• Shtfpreparedness.com
    • 5 reviews
    • 10 hr 20 min

Beef Snack Sticks in a Dehydrator

• Instructables.com

Dehydrated Apples in the Ninja Foodi

• Homepressurecooking.com

Dehydrating Banana in an Oven or Dehydrator

• Preserveandpickle.com
    • 1 review
    • 9 hr 20 min · 89 cals · 1 serving

Dehydrated Salsa In A Jar Recipe

• Texashomesteader.com
    • 1 serving

Dehydrated Spinach

• The Salty Pot
    • 1 review
    • 6 hr 15 min · 13 cals · 1 serving

How to Dehydrate Zucchini

• Grow A Good Life
    • 11 hr 20 min · 9 cals · 16 servs

Dehydrated Banana Chips

• Bonaippetit.com
    • 8 reviews
    • 7 hr 15 min · 170 cals · 6 servs

Sun-dried tomato pesto

• BBC Good Food
    • 5 reviews
    • 20 min · 195 cals · 6 servs

Making SCD/GAPS Yogurt in the Dehydrator

• Health Home And Happiness
    • 13 reviews

A guide to making dried food without a food dehydrator

• Naturalnews.com

Zucchini Chips

• Growforagecookferment.com
    • 10 reviews
    • 15 min · 35 cals · 4 servs

How to Dehydrate Peaches

• Getty Stewart
    • 5 reviews
    • 8 hr 15 min

Dehydrated Cinnamon Apples Recipe

• 35 reviews
    • 12 hr 20 min · 78 cals · 8 servs

Dehydrated Parmesan Truffle Zucchini Chips

• Kara Lydon

Homemade Beef Jerky in a Food Dehydrator

• Little House Big Alaska
    • 8 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 225 cals · 10 servs

Dehydrating Peaches Or Nectarines In A Dehydrator Or Oven

• Preserveandpickle.com
    • 1 review
    • 8 hr 20 min · 75 cals · 10 servs

Dehydrated Pineapple

• Flour On My Face
    • 8 reviews
    • 12 hr 15 min · 38 cals · 12 servs

How to Make Yogurt in a Dehydrator

• A Modern Homestead
    • 6 reviews

How to Dehydrate Onions

• Flour On My Face
    • 6 reviews
    • 12 hr 30 min · 3 cals

Sausage, Dried Cranberry and Apple Stuffing

• Food Network
    • 132 reviews
    • 55 min · 335 cals · 10 servs

How to Make Dehydrated Cucumber Chips

• Rebooted Mom
    • 31 reviews
    • 8 hr 10 min · 54 cals · 6 servs

Homemade Healthy Apple Chips

• The Kitchen Whisperer
    • 16 reviews

How To Make Your Own Healthy Dehydrated Food

• Ideas2live4.com
    • 7 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min

Raw Flax-Tomato Crackers (Dehydrated)

• Food.com
    • 1 review
    • 8 hr 25 min · 48 cals · 24 servs

Raw (Dehydrated) Cheesy Kale Chips

• Omnomally.com
    • 12 hr 10 min

Teriyaki Beef Jerky

• Fresh Off The Grid
    • 96 reviews
    • 4 hr 10 min · 97 cals · 10 servs

Scalloped Potatoes with Dehydrated Potatoes

• Getty Stewart
    • 66 reviews
    • 50 min · 209 cals · 4 servs

Granola Bites

• Eating Bird Food
    • 55 reviews
    • 15 min · 106 cals · 30 servs

Dehydrating Mango In An Oven Or Dehydrator

• Preserveandpickle.com
    • 6 reviews
    • 10 hr 10 min · 60 cals · 2 servs

Dehydrated Figs (Dehydrator and Oven Instructions)

• Ourlittlehomestead.org
    • 1 review
    • 10 min

Glazed Chicken with Dried Fruit and Parsnips

• Food Network
    • 19 reviews
    • 48 min · 757 cals · 4 servs

Dehydrated Citrus {Oranges, Grapefruit, Lemons and Limes} Recipe

• Crave the good
    • 1 review
    • 12 hr 25 min · 14 cals

How to Dehydrate Pineapple

• Getty Stewart
    • 7 hr 20 min

dehydrated meat recipes

dehydrated meat recipes - Search (bing.com)

Making Dried Beef

• Cavetools.com
    • 13 reviews
    • 4 servs

How to Make Beef Jerky in a Dehydrator

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 38 reviews
    • 7 hr · 167 cals · 5 servs

3 Easy Dehydrator Jerky Recipes that Will Have Them Asking for More

• Joybilee Farm
    • 1 review
    • 6 hr 30 min · 8 servs

Beef Jerky For Dehydrator Recipe

• GroupRecipes
    • 1 reviews
    • 1 serving

Peppered Beef Jerky

• Hey Grill Hey
    • 32 reviews
    • 10 hr 10 min · 168 cals · 8 servs

Grandma's Dried Beef Casserole

• Allrecipes
    • 18 reviews
    • 30 min · 350 cals · 8 servs

Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast

• Allrecipes
    • 651 reviews
    • 20 min · 197 cals · 4 servs

Simple DIY Beef Jerky

• Fresh Off The Grid
    • 106 reviews
    • 18 hr 30 min · 163 cals · 10 servs

Dehydrated Beef Jerky

• Damnfinedishes.com
    • 10 hr · 514 cals · 4 servs

Teriyaki Beef Jerky

• Fresh Off The Grid
    • 96 reviews
    • 4 hr 10 min · 97 cals · 10 servs

Homemade Beef Jerky

• Allrecipes
    • 172 reviews
    • 6 hr 15 min · 286 cals · 6 servs

Wicked Good Homemade Beef Jerky

• Wickedstuffed.com
    • 2 reviews
    • 96 cals · 16 servs

How to Make Dehydrated Strawberries in a Dehydrator

• 19 reviews
    • 8 hr 10 min · 227 cals · 8 servs

Dehydrated Beef Stroganoff

• Fresh Off The Grid
    • 12 min · 501 cals · 4 servs

Original Ground Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 196 reviews
    • 4 hr 30 min · 171 cals · 5 servs

Beef Snack Sticks in a Dehydrator

• Instructables.com

Beef Sticks / Ground Beef Jerky

• Crave the good
    • 27 reviews
    • 4 hr 10 min · 68 cals · 48 servs

Beef Jerky

• Food Network
    • 191 reviews
    • 20 hr 20 min

Ground Beef Jerky

• Common Sense Home
    • 1 review

The Best Low-Carb Homemade Beef Jerky

• Keto Diet App
    • 25 reviews
    • 12 hr · 209 cals · 8 servs

Teriyaki Beef Jerky

• Taste Of Home
    • 5 reviews
    • 3 hr 40 min · 132 cals · 8 servs

Ground Beef Jerky - Ground Venison Jerky

• Low Carb Yum
    • 69 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 111 cals · 32 servs

The Best Homemade Beef Jerky Recipe

• Once Upon A Chef
    • 153 reviews
    • 3 hr 30 min

Easy Homemade Ground Beef Recipe

• 63 reviews
    • 8 hr 10 min · 134 cals · 24 servs

How to Make Beef Jerky for Dogs

• Realselfsufficiency.com
    • 1 review
    • 1 serving

Sugar-Free Keto Beef Jerky

• Healthyrecipesblogs.com
    • 587 reviews
    • 4 hr · 137 cals · 8 servs

Homemade Beef Jerky for Dogs

• What Great Grandma Ate
    • 25 reviews
    • 12 hr 5 min

Pemmican-style Ground Meat Jerky

• Honest Food
    • 34 reviews
    • 4 hr 20 min · 325 cals · 6 servs

Spicy Beef Jerky Recipe

• Peppergeek.com
    • 2 reviews
    • 6 hr 20 min

How To Make Beef Jerky with a Dehydrator: Step by Step Guide

• Sousvideguy.com

How To Dehydrate Hamburger Jerky The Safest Way For Your Family

• Food Storage Moms

Dehydrated Vegetables & Beef Stew

Jerky Lover's Jerky - Sweet, Hot and Spicy

• Allrecipes
    • 217 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 527 cals · 4 servs

Momma's Teriyaki Beef Jerky (in a dehydrator)

• CookPad

Homemade Dehydrated Dog Jerky Recipe

• Petguide.com

Mike's Peppered Beef Jerky

• Allrecipes
    • 28 reviews
    • 169 cals · 24 servs

Jerky Made Simple

Sun-Dried Beef Recipe

• GroupRecipes
    • 1 reviews
    • 10 min · 882 cals · 4 servs

Homemade Beef Jerky in a Dehydrator

• Fox Valley Foodie
    • 24 reviews
    • 4 hr 10 min · 250 cals · 8 servs

Simple Homemade Beef Jerky

• Paleo Scale
    • 92 reviews
    • 378 cals · 12 servs

Soft & Tender Homemade Beef Jerky

• Keto Diet App
    • 37 reviews
    • 161 cals · 8 servs

Gueddid Recipe - Moroccan Cured and Dried Meat

• Tasteofmaroc.com
    • 5 reviews
    • 30 min · 143 cals · 48 servs

Oven Beef Jerky

• Food Network
    • 11 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min

Homemade Jerky

• Traditionalcookingschool.com
    • 21 reviews
    • 8 hr 45 min · 45 cals · 12 servs

How to Make Deer Jerky - Venison Jerky Recipe

• Low Carb Yum
    • 36 reviews
    • 8 hr 10 min · 183 cals · 5 servs

Kikkoman Teriyaki Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 45 reviews
    • 7 hr · 156 cals · 5 servs

Deer Jerky

• Allrecipes
    • 105 reviews
    • 14 hr 20 min · 111 cals · 8 servs

Homemade Beef Jerky in a Food Dehydrator

• 8 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 225 cals · 10 servs

Grass-Fed Beef Liver Chips

• Primal Edge Health
    • 57 reviews
    • 8 hr 5 min · 38 cals · 16 servs

Very Teriyaki Beef Jerky Recipe

• Cooking With Janice
    • 2 reviews
    • 300 cals · 28 servs

Garlic Black Pepper Beef Jerky Recipe

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 83 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 151 cals · 6 servs

Dried Beef Cheese Ball

• Allrecipes
    • 168 reviews
    • 35 min · 96 cals · 10 servs

The Ultimate Beef Jerky Recipe

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 143 reviews
    • 5 hr · 184 cals · 5 servs

Healthy Homemade Dog Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 11 reviews
    • 4 hr 30 min · 128 cals · 5 servs

Dehydrated Dog Treats; Easy Recipe Liver Jerky

• Jettskitchen.com
    • 7 reviews
    • 8 hr 25 min

Liver Jerky Dog Treats

• Dogtipper.com
    • 1 review

Dehydrated Risotto

• Fresh Off The Grid
    • 50 reviews
    • 35 min · 684 cals · 2 servs

Teriyaki Beef Jerky

• Allrecipes
    • 7 reviews
    • 12 hr 15 min · 232 cals · 12 servs

Creamed Chipped Beef

• Small Town Woman
    • 37 reviews
    • 12 min · 281 cals · 4 servs

Creamed Chipped Beef & Toast

• Southernliving.com
    • 7 reviews
    • 20 min · 209 cals · 6 servs

Easy Homemade Beef Jerky Recipe

• The Girl On Bloor
    • 32 reviews
    • 5 hr 10 min · 108 cals · 8 servs

Dad's Jerky Marinade

• Allrecipes
    • 43 reviews
    • 10 min · 72 cals · 1 serving

Homemade Beef Jerky

• Ditch The Carbs
    • 68 reviews
    • 1 hr 40 min · 6 servs

Chipped Beef Dip Recipe

• Savoring The Good
    • 42 reviews
    • 35 min · 137 cals · 10 servs

Dried Beef Cheese Ball

• Cupcakes And Cutlery
    • 70 reviews
    • 2 hr 10 min · 60 cals · 12 servs

Air Fryer Beef Jerky

• Lovefoodnotcooking.com
    • 535 reviews
    • 2 hr 15 min · 93 cals · 10 servs

Best Keto Beef Jerky Recipe (Sugar-Free)

• Kissmyketo.com
    • 5 hr 10 min · 70 cals · 8 servs

Dried Beef Cheese Ball

• CopyKat Recipes
    • 6 reviews
    • 20 min · 237 cals · 8 servs

Dried Beef Dip

• My Baking Addiction
    • 85 reviews
    • 2 hr 5 min · 111 cals · 16 servs

Dehydrated Apple Treats

• Thepetlifestyleguru.com
    • 34 reviews
    • 7 hr 30 min · 41 cals · 15 servs

Dr. Pepper Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 42 reviews
    • 6 hr · 210 cals · 5 servs

Beef Jerky

• Gimme Some Oven
    • 185 reviews
    • 8 hr 10 min

Chicken Eugene

• Allrecipes
    • 154 reviews
    • 542 cals · 8 servs

How To Make Beef Jerky In a Dehydrator

• Everyday Maven
    • 9 reviews
    • 20 hr · 227 cals · 12 servs

Chipped Beef Cheese Ball Recipe

• Savoring The Good
    • 67 reviews
    • 1 hr 10 min · 1636 cals · 2 servs

Best Beef Jerky Dehydrator Recipe

• Growingandgathering.com

Dehydrating Ground Beef Recipe

• Sousvideguy.com

Dried Beef Casserole

• Allrecipes
    • 5 reviews
    • 1 hr 20 min · 966 cals · 4 servs

How To Make Teriyaki Beef Jerky In A Dehydrator

• 36 reviews
    • 18 hr · 207 cals · 8 servs

Making beef jerky in the oven recipe

• Bestcookideas.com
    • 205 cals · 8 servs

Homemade Smoky Beef Jerky

• Feeling Foodish
    • 3 reviews
    • 10 hr 15 min · 234 cals · 8 servs

Dr. Pepper Jalapeno Beef Jerky

• Hey Grill Hey
    • 91 reviews
    • 2 hr 20 min · 250 cals · 8 servs

Homemade Creamed Chipped Beef & Toast Recipe

• Juliassimplysouthern.com
    • 186 reviews
    • 15 min · 209 cals · 6 servs

Sweet Beef Jerky

• Groundbeefjerky.com
    • 3 hr 20 min · 116 cals · 16 servs

Zucchini Chips Dehydrated

• Lowcarb-nocarb.com
    • 104 reviews
    • 8 hr 15 min · 154 cals · 3 servs

Dried Beef Ball

• Allrecipes
    • 53 reviews
    • 10 min · 178 cals · 10 servs

Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast

• Simplyhappenings.com
    • 36 reviews
    • 11 min · 232 cals · 4 servs

Easy Homemade Ground Beef Jerky

• Recipelion.com

Sweet Java Beef Jerky

• Hey Grill Hey
    • 9 reviews
    • 2 hr 10 min · 287 cals · 8 servs

Great Beef Jerky by Gary

Kale Chips (Dehydrator Recipe)

• Bonaippetit.com
    • 12 reviews
    • 2 hr 20 min · 89 cals · 4 servs

Dill Pickle Dip

• An Affair From The Heart
    • 766 reviews
    • 15 min · 335 cals · 6 servs

Pemmican Recipe

• Primalsurvivor.net
    • 15 reviews
    • 17 hr

Dill Pickle Wraps Appetizer

• Unsophisticook.com
    • 77 reviews
    • 2 hr 10 min · 270 cals · 8 servs

Easy Dehydrator Chicken Treats

• Housethatbarks.com
    • 50 reviews
    • 7 hr 10 min · 10 servs

Chipotle Deer Jerky

• Honest Food
    • 54 reviews
    • 30 min · 237 cals · 15 servs

Sweet and Spicy Venison Jerky

• Allrecipes
    • 49 reviews
    • 208 cals · 8 servs

How to make beef jerky - sien hang (2 original recipes)

• Padaek.com
    • 7 reviews
    • 7 hr 30 min

Saturday Special-dried beef casserole

• Just A Pinch
    • 1 review
    • 45 min · 502 cals · 4 servs

Homemade Deli Meat Dried Pork Tenderloin

• Myparisiankitchen.com
    • 3 reviews
    • 15 min · 8 servs

Best Homemade Oven Beef Jerky

• A Spicy Perspective
    • 18 reviews
    • 5 hr 15 min · 172 cals · 15 servs

Elk Jerky Recipe

• Hildaskitchenblog.com
    • 4 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 368 cals · 6 servs

Beef Jerky

• The Cozy Cook
    • 5 reviews
    • 7 hr 15 min · 213 cals · 10 servs

How to Make Beef Jerky in an Oven

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 8 reviews
    • 7 hr · 149 cals · 5 servs

Beef Jerky Marinade

• Recipezazz.com
    • 3 reviews
    • 41 cals · 60 servs

Dried meat stew

• CookPad
    • 2 servs

Dehydrated Banana Chips

• Real Food Real Deals
    • 5 reviews
    • 3 hr 5 min · 85 cals · 6 servs

Salt and Pepper Beef Jerky Recipe

• Hedge Combers
    • 1 hr · 199 cals · 4 servs

Doc's Best Beef Jerky

• Allrecipes
    • 355 reviews
    • 12 hr 20 min · 228 cals · 10 servs

Original Beef Jerky Recipe

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 66 reviews
    • 6 hr 45 min · 175 cals · 5 servs

How to Make Beef Jerky in the Oven

• Tasteofartisan.com
    • 47 reviews

Hamburger Beef Jerky Recipe

Homemade Jerky in the Oven

• The Kitchn
    • 1 review
    • 245 cals · 1 serving

Mom's Easy Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast

• Allrecipes
    • 93 reviews
    • 20 min · 402 cals · 8 servs

Beef Jerky (Without A Dehydrator)

• Thelondoneconomic.com
    • 1 review
    • 4 hr 10 min

Jerky Made From Dehydrated Ground Beef

• Pinterest.com
    • 29 reviews
    • 8 hr 5 min · 431 cals · 4 servs

Namibian dried meat strips stew (Eedingu)

• Esterkocht.com
    • 2 hr 20 min · 4 servs

Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball

• Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen
    • 25 reviews
    • 15 min · 289 cals · 10 servs

Ronco Meat and Vegetable Dehydrator Review

• Favehealthyrecipes.com

Dehydrated Spiced Cauliflower Popcorn

• The Wicked Noodle
    • 102 reviews
    • 12 hr 10 min · 521 cals · 1 serving

Ground Beef Jerky Recipe

• Wellness Mama
    • 16 reviews
    • 8 hr 10 min · 161 cals · 8 servs

Dry Fried Sichuan Beef

• The Woks Of Life
    • 28 reviews
    • 25 min · 250 cals · 4 servs

Chicken with Dried Beef

• BigOven
    • 1 review
    • 45 min · 375 cals · 8 servs

Home Made Beef Jerky Recipe

• Amazingribs.com
    • 86 reviews
    • 1 hr 20 min · 28 servs

How to Make Sun Dried Tomatoes - with a Dehydrator - Recipe Steps

• Chilipeppermadness.com
    • 60 reviews
    • 6 hr 10 min · 411 cals · 10 servs

Low Carb Jerky

• SparkRecipes
    • 3 reviews
    • 10 min · 29 cals · 100 servs

Blueberry Beef Jerky Made in The Oven with Ground Beef (Paleo, AIP, Whole 30)

• Unbound Wellness
    • 152 cals · 6 servs

Cranberry Orange Muffins

• Food Network
    • 95 reviews
    • 55 min · 196 cals · 12 servs

Jimmy's Teriyaki Deer Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 10 reviews
    • 4 hr 45 min · 230 cals · 5 servs

Korean BBQ Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 93 reviews
    • 5 hr · 210 cals · 5 servs

Teriyaki II Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 35 reviews
    • 11 hr · 237 cals · 5 servs

Kentucky Bourbon Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 140 reviews
    • 7 hr · 228 cals · 5 servs

Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

• Food Network
    • 506 reviews
    • 1 hr 5 min · 329 cals

Tropic Thunder Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 34 reviews
    • 5 hr · 183 cals · 5 servs

How to make beef jerky in a smoker

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 67 reviews
    • 8 hr 30 min · 196 cals · 5 servs

Spicy Sweet Beef Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 135 reviews
    • 4 hr 30 min · 243 cals · 4 servs

Dried Beef Hot Dish

• Vintage Recipe Project
    • 6 servs

Laotian Beef Jerky (Sin Savanh)

• International Cuisine
    • 73 reviews
    • 3 hr 20 min · 163 cals · 4 servs

Peppered Beef Jerky Recipe

• Cavetools.com
    • 5 reviews
    • 1 serving

Smoked Beef Jerky Recipe

• Ketogasm.com
    • 2 reviews
    • 5 hr 10 min · 78 cals · 16 servs

Peppered Beef Jerky

• Groundbeefjerky.com
    • 1 review
    • 3 hr 20 min · 16 servs

Malaysian Pork Jerky

• Jerkyholic.com
    • 55 reviews
    • 5 hr 30 min · 141 cals · 5 servs

How to Make Sweet and Spicy Turkey Jerky

• Nutrisystem.com
    • 207 cals · 4 servs

Emergency food prep: Stock up on manuka honey, a must-have survival food and barter item

03/06/2024 // Zoey Sky // 2.4K Views

Tags: food freedom, food independence, food supply, Gear, goodfood, homesteading, how-to, manuka honey, off grid, preparedness, prepper, prepper pantry, prepping, prepping stockpile, SHTF, superfoods, survival, survival gear, survival stockpile, tips

When finalizing your emergency preparedness plans, you should also spend time building your stockpile of survival supplies. It's also best to get a variety of bartering items so you can get more supplies as needed in a post-SHTF world.
    If you're not sure what to stock up on, you can buy extra food supplies and versatile items like raw manuka honey, which offers several health benefits and has a long shelf life. (h/t to SurvivalFrog.com)
    Tips for choosing the best barter items

Bartering refers to the act of trading goods or services in exchange for others without using money as payment. When the grid goes down, even your prepping stockpile may run out of certain items, which is why bartering is a crucial part of your preps.
    Think of stocking items to barter as one way to shock-proof your SHTF plans. If you need essential supplies and you have other things to barter with, trade for items that you don't have in your stockpile.
    If possible, try to stock up on items that you can easily make or produce so that you won't run out of them. If this isn't an option, you can also get items with the highest trade value, such as necessities that people can’t live without.
    This includes essential bartering items such as:

• Batteries
    • First aid supplies
    • Food
    • Grooming supplies
    • Lighters and matches
    • Medicine
    • Soap
    • Toilet paper
    • Toiletries
    • Water
    • Water filters and filtration tablets

However, all of these valued items, especially clean water and food, are also things that you may want to keep for your family. These items will quickly fly off the shelves after a large-scale disaster.
    If you want to build a barter kit and stockpile certain items to trade, they need to last a long time. Small items like manuka honey are also great since you can store more of them. They are also easier to transport.
    How to barter safely

Follow these tips to ensure a safe transaction when bartering post-SHTF:
    Build strong relationships with people in your community

It's often safer to barter with people you trust. Try to barter locally and barter items that are relevant to where you live.
    Find out what your neighbors need and what they can offer.
    Be discreet

Don't announce that you have a survival stockpile in your garage. This is crucial if you have plans to barter with other people outside your community.
    Change trade locations and learn about potential security risks

Bartering after a disaster means you should always be alert. Head to your location with a partner or a small group of people you trust so you have a backup plan in case things go south.
    Barter different items

Don't trade the same thing every time unless you’re dealing with someone you know and trust.
    This helps prevent you from becoming known for one specific item, which can end up in people targeting you for your supplies.
    Get raw manuka honey for your stockpile

Aside from common items like food and toiletries, make sure to stock up on manuka honey, one of the world's most potent varieties of honey.
    This shelf-stable survival food has many applications for daily use and emergencies, such as supporting the natural healing of minor cuts and burns, maintaining your natural energy levels, and even helping preserve food.
    With its high levels of methylglyoxal (MGO), manuka honey has powerful immune-supporting properties and other health benefits. This means manuka honey is an ideal barter item when SHTF. (Related: Prepper medicine: How to make herbal cough syrup.)
    Visit the Health Ranger Store to stock up on high-quality manuka honey products with verified NPA/MGO levels backed by lab testing.
    Health Ranger Select Premium Manuka Honey MGO 514+ (15+ NPA) has an MGO rating of at least 514 and a non-peroxide activity (NPA) rating of at least 15. It is Halal-certified by trusted suppliers and harvested from Australia's pristine bushlands and forests.
    This premium manuka is also raw, non-China certified Kosher and has been extensively lab-tested for glyphosate, heavy metals and microbes. Supplies are limited, so stock up on high-quality manuka honey now, while supplies last.
    Visit FoodSupply.news for more ideas on how to build a reliable food stockpile and Health Ranger Store for your prepping needs.
    Watch the video below to learn more about the health benefits of manuka honey.

This video is from the Health Ranger Store channel on Brighteon.com.
    More related stories:

Prepping for collapse, famine and nuclear war: 12 Tips that will help you be more resilient when SHTF.
    Manuka honey: A versatile superfood that does not expire.
    Prepping 101: How to protect your home and stockpile supplies against pests and rodents.
    Sources include:
    SurvivalFrog.com
    HealthRangerStore.com
    Brighteon.com

Emergency food prep: Stock up on manuka honey, a must-have survival food and barter item – NaturalNews.com