Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    The deciding factor for me was the civilian security force. This terrifies me because I am a history buff and I see it as the end to even a pretense of freedom in this country. It is something that could not be fixed without a war. It could very well mean we are voting in our last election. McCain has not offered anything even close to this
    Cayla, if you'll excuse my ignorance, but can you elaborate on this? What exactly is a civilian security force? Why is it bad? When did this happen in history?
    Obama made a Freudian slip.

Sen. Barack Obama

Democrat Sen. Barack Obama's stunning assertion in a recent speech that the U.S. needs a "civilian national security force" that would be as powerful, strong and well-funded as the half-trillion dollar Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force is not included in published transcripts of his prepared remarks.

In the July 2 speech in Colorado Springs, Obama insisted the U.S. "cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set."

Campaign officials have declined to return any of a series of WND telephone calls over several days requesting comment. Nor have they posted a transcript of the speech on their website.

The lines are not included in a transcript of the prepared remarks published by the Denver Post and Wall Street Journal.

(Story continues below)

According to the transcript, Obama was to have said:

We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

But a YouTube video of the speech, at about the 16-minute mark, shows Obama added the following lines:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=69784

As far as history is concerned, The Gestapo was originally sold to the people as a civilian security police force. The USSR and China also have/had domestic security forces equal to that of the military. I can not find one historical reference of such a force that was for freedom and the good of a free people. If anybody else can find such a reference, please let me know.
    Seems odd he'd say this since he is against guns for the most part...
    Against guns or against you and I having guns? Hitler was against both guns and smoking. Matter of fact, he legislated the first smoking ban. He also confiscated all of the guns that the average citizen owned.

I am not saying Obama is Hitler. What I am doing is comparing some of his policies to those of Hitler.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I meant against us having guns....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm a life-long republican who will never vote for John McCain. If Obama wins, the republican base and religious contingency will keep an eye on everything he is doing, and hopefully fight against it. If McCain wins, the republican base and religious contingency will go to sleep a few years thinking all in good hands as McCain/LIEberman, Grahamnesty and the other fake republicans continue to promote the current US invasion.

And at some point you have to tell the republican party, that we will no longer accept their crooked, democratic candidates masquerading as a republican. We let the republican party get away with George Bush and see where that got us. McCain is worse than Bush, if you can imagine that being possible.

Time to kick in and say no to John McCain. If the republicans want to win, they need to ditch him.

Alan Keyes is on the ballot in Colorado, and he's getting my vote. Please see: www.selfgovernment.us/

A vote for either Obama or McCain, amounts to an endorsement of the CFR/Globalist policies that have brought our country to to it's present state.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet; I'm waiting for Jesus to come down from Heaven and add his name to the ballot. LOL.

I DO KNOW I am not voting Obama BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HIS WIFE. I don't like that she said that only now she is proud of this country. WTF?? She sees things along racial lines ALWAYS. She just can't shake that chip-on-the-shoulder black thing. I do not want her to be First Lady because the first thing she will do as Lady of the White House is fire all non-Black kitchen personnel or sumthin like that. She is racist to the core. Have you noticed that since her stupid remark, the campaign pulled her out of the limelight??? They stuffed her in the closet and will only bring her out on election day.

Cindy McCain though is awesome. Have you read her bio? And she has not said one stupid thing this whole campaign. She is smart! But to vote her, I would have to vote McLame. What a conundrum. What to do, what to do. Hmmmm......Sigh.

I don't like either one. Yet, I can't believe what I just read. McCain...will be another Bush. Obama...won't be any better. I guess this is why my home state of NC, is chock full of illegals.

I hope this is not about Obama's race. My main concern is getting rid of illegals, and securing the borders. I could care less about abortion rights.
    The biggest terrorist are in DC.. anyway.

I don't believe Michelle Obama is a racist either. I like her..just don't like her husband.

I see why I stopped coming here.

The deciding factor for me was the civilian security force. This terrifies me because I am a history buff and I see it as the end to even a pretense of freedom in this country. It is something that could not be fixed without a war. It could very well mean we are voting in our last election. McCain has not offered anything even close to this
    Cayla, if you'll excuse my ignorance, but can you elaborate on this? What exactly is a civilian security force? Why is it bad? When did this happen in history?
    I'm with ya on that too, Sic. I thought our National Guard WAS a civilian security force. No?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

I'm with ya on that too, Sic. I thought our National Guard WAS a civilian security force. No?
    It was SUPPOSED to be, but they are all in Iraq. NOBODY knows just what Obama has in mind when he says that. When questioned later, he said he was talking about Peace Corp volunteers. Hello?? as well trained and funded as our military, national security force? This is like Bushy stating that he, Calderon and the Canadian prime minister got together, in a top secret manner, to discuss jelly bean recipes. It simply does not wash. The hairs on the back of my neck just keep telling me this is bad, very bad.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It was SUPPOSED to be, but they are all in Iraq. NOBODY knows just what Obama has in mind when he says that. When questioned later, he said he was talking about Peace Corp volunteers. Hello?? as well trained and funded as our military, national security force? This is like Bushy stating that he, Calderon and the Canadian prime minister got together, in a top secret manner, to discuss jelly bean recipes. It simply does not wash. The hairs on the back of my neck just keep telling me this is bad, very bad.
    THE PEACE CORPS BEING A CIVILIAN SECURITY FORCE??? Isn't that an OXYMORON????
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

MW
    ressiepooh wrote:

I see why I stopped coming here
    Why?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    ressiepooh wrote:

I see why I stopped coming here
    Why?

Just didn't feel very welcome. Some of the post on here make it seem very Republican(good old boy). I came here for help with illegal immigration. I'm not a Democrat either.