Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome fellow TARHEEL!

Welcome to Alipac, "Tarheel" thanks for joining us!!

Phred told you most but just let me add, when we are working on a campaign like this , somewhere on one of the pages of the thread are usually a list of Senators to call, fax or e-mail what ever you can do.

We also list the contact numbers for all Senators and anyother information you might need.

Always on the first page is talking points or information on the bill!

If you can only call in the evening that ok to because if it is a really important bill we usually are working on filling their voice mail in the evening!!

Check out the contact information link I have posted at the bottom, it is usually easy to find. go in the link and check it out so you know its contents.

But we aways post a link in the thread we are working on. go back and check out some of the links on this thread and you will see what I mean!!
    Good luck and thanks for joining! never be affraid to ask for help

------------ACTION ALERTS! ----------------------
    Please take action NOW!!!!!

"ACTION ALERT..."DREAM ACT" HR3043
    "LABOR, HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES APPROPRIATIONS BILL",
    COULD BE AS SOON AS TODAY OR TOMORROW!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=87045
    "State Legistatures for Legal Immigration" PETITION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=84944
    WECOME NEW "ALIPACers"
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83274
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for making me feel welcome!!
    (I hate to ask silly questions but I really want to have my voice heard on this issue - so here's another one......)

I saw on a previous thread toll free contact numbers for DC offices. If I use these while at work (strict phone call rules) can I ask for specific senators? Is the switchboard operational at night so that these can be used to leave messages?

Sorry to have so many questions - but thanks for being so patient.

Tarheel

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel
    (I hate to ask silly questions but I really want to have my voice heard on this issue - so here's another one......)

I saw on a previous thread toll free contact numbers for DC offices. If I use these while at work (strict phone call rules) can I ask for specific senators? Is the switchboard operational at night so that these can be used to leave messages?

Tarheel
    That is one for April or someone that uses those #'s I have never used them . What ever you do don't jeopardize your job, alot of people do what they can when they are off work!! All your help is appriciated!!

Keep checking back and someone should answer you that uses those #'S that goes through the switch board!!You can't have silly question!! one of these days you will be helping some one else!!

ANYBODY HAVE AN ANSWER HERE TO "TARHEELS" QUESTION????
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

FYI: Just found this on the web. We can't let our guard down, and have to keep the pressure on:

----------
    6:17 p.m.

What's going on inside the Capitol and out

Thursday, October 18, 2007

A memo today from the National Immigration Forum makes these points about the current political climate:

[color=red]Since the Senate immigration bill was filibustered in June, there have been a number of developments both inside and outside of Washington on immigration. In the Senate this week, Sen. Vitter’s amendment to withhold money from local communities that have immigration confidentiality polices was defeated, while an extension of H2-B visas backed by Sen. Mikulski was adopted. The DREAM Act, AgJOBS and other immigration-related measures could still come up in Congress before adjournment. Outside of Washington, the courts have temporarily blocked the Bush Administration’s Social Security “no-matchâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tarheel
    During the day, I have occasionally used a toll free number in which the operator connected me to specific Senate offices. I'm not sure if the switchboard is open after business hours; when I've called at night I've dialed and left messages using their direct numbers.

Call the Senate: NO Dream Act or AgJOBS Amnesties !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist

Tarheel
    During the day, I have used a toll free number in which the operator connected me to specific Senate offices. I'm not sure if the switchboard is open after business hours; when I've called at night I've dialed and left messages using their direct numbers.

I have to say I'm impressed. You are jumping in with both feet. Good for you.

[quote="Populist"]FYI: Just found this on the web. We can't let our guard down, and have to keep the pressure on:

----------
    6:17 p.m.

What's going on inside the Capitol and out

Thursday, October 18, 2007

A memo today from the National Immigration Forum makes these points about the current political climate:

[color=red]Since the Senate immigration bill was filibustered in June, there have been a number of developments both inside and outside of Washington on immigration. In the Senate this week, Sen. Vitter’s amendment to withhold money from local communities that have immigration confidentiality polices was defeated, while an extension of H2-B visas backed by Sen. Mikulski was adopted. The DREAM Act, AgJOBS and other immigration-related measures could still come up in Congress before adjournment. Outside of Washington, the courts have temporarily blocked the Bush Administration’s Social Security “no-matchâ€

Populist I did not hear anything on the H2B visa's, and what do they mean by extension, more visa's ?
    I'll have to check this out Sosad; if anyone else knows, please chime in.

April
    Welcome Tarheel, glad you are with us!!!

GREAT JOB today Patriots!!! We are making them more nervous and uncertain all the time. I think they are starting to realize we are NOT GOING TO GIVE UP AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE IN!!!