Page 17 of 99 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

By the way I edited my post up there, that was the Revolutionary war (against England) not the civil war, (No. against So.) what was I thinking , I guess I was thinking about cheering up "Noamnesty" I hope he is glad he is not fighting this on horse back!!!

OK, FAXING HERE!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senator Sessions was just on the Lars Larson show and warned that the Dream Act is "still out there." So we can't let up. I know we'll be fighting drivers licenses for illegal aliens in New York soon, but we can't take our eyes off the fight against the Dream Act amnesty.

So please keep calling.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Senator Sessions was just on the Lars Larson show and warned that the Dream Act is "still out there." So we can't let up. I know we'll be fighting drivers licenses for illegal aliens in New York soon, but we can't take our eyes off the fight against the Dream Act amnesty.

So please keep calling.
    Did he say still out there as in this bill!! or as a stand alone bill!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Reid just said he wants to be on the farm bill by next Wed, (ags job bill) is suppose to get attached to this bill. Here we go again.

OK GET READY FOR NEXT WEDNESDAY. I'M MAKING FLIERS WITH THE TALKING POINTS FOR FRIENDS WHO AREN'T COMPUTER SAAVY TO FIND THE NUMBERS OR THE TALKING POINTS. I'LL WALK MY TRACT BY NEXT WEEK.

USE THE TALKING POINTS FROM YOUR EMAIL FROM NUMBERSUSA IF YOU STILL HAVE THE EMAIL. MAKE FLIERS AND MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ALL THE SENATORS NAMES AND NUMBERS ON THEM. FIND FELLOW TRAVELERS ON THIS AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is a bad email I got today from Senator Whitehouse:

DATED 10/18/07

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about the Development,
    Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2007 (DREAM Act). I
    appreciate having the benefit of your views.

Certain children of illegal immigrants are currently prohibited from
    receiving federal and state higher education benefits. I believe it is
    unreasonable to hold young children responsible for their parents’ decisionto bring them to the United States illegally, and that it is wrong to bar any child, regardless of his or her residency status, from educational
    opportunities. Therefore, while I understand your concerns, I have decided to support the DREAM Act, which would allow all children the option to go to college.

The DREAM Act would repeal a 1996 provision that prohibits states from
    offering state resident tuition benefits to young illegal immigrants. The
    bill would also offer six years of conditional legal residency to children
    who have an American high school degree or have been admitted to an
    American institution of higher learning, in effect qualifying them to
    receive certain federal financial aid benefits. Those who accept the
    conditional residency would be allowed to apply for permanent residency if
    they have completed at least two years of a higher education degree program
    or have served in the United States Armed Forces for at least two years.

The DREAM Act was recently filed as an amendment to S. 1547, the NationalDefense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, but the amendment was nevervoted on, and S. 1547 passed the Senate without the DREAM Act provisions.
    There is, however, a standalone DREAM Act bill, S. 774, which is currently
    pending in the Judiciary Committee, on which I serve.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you’ll continue to stay in
    touch about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Sheldon
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hi all -
    I've been reading and lurking for months now. But I need a little assistance if possible. I have signed up for the faxes at NumbersUSA and have been pretty consistently in touch with my Senators Dole and Burr. Praise when deserved, stern "listen to us" when needed.

I would like to fax others who need the "listen to us" push but I'm unsure of how to do that - one previous try but the information requested, if truthful, will be from me in NC not one of "their" people - does this matter?
    Anyone have any helpful hints.

Thanks and keep it up guys and gals - you all are awesome!!!

Tarheel

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist

So please keep calling.
    Did he say still out there as in this bill!! or as a stand alone bill!
    I don't think he really addressed this, just that there are lots of amnesty ideas floating around, and that the D.A. is still "out there" or active. Senator Sessions was firm that the American people's voices should and must be heard, and we should not reward illegality.

BTW, NumbersUSA is still saying it is believed that majority leadership is now pushing for a vote on the DREAM Act as a free-standing measure. And this is now on FAIR's website about the D.A.:

DREAM Act Update: Amnesty Threat Subsides—For the Moment.
    Since Tuesday, FAIR has learned that the threat of a DREAM Act amendment to the Labor/Health and Human Services appropriations bill (H.R.3043) has subsided. The discussions behind the scenes appear to have stalled and we are now monitoring the situation to see when and where amnesty proponents will strike next. There is still a strong likelihood there will be one more attempt to pass the DREAM Act as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said on the floor he intends to bring the DREAM Act up one more time before the Senate begins its Thanksgiving recess. Thank you for all your calls demanding true immigration reform. Stay tuned to FAIR for more updates…

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer

Tarheel: Hey, welcome aboard former lurker!

Glad to have you join 'the fray' with us

Re: your question(s):

Just a couple brief words of advice - first of all, we tend to be fairly independent (read creative) when doing our contacting activities.

First off, a personal phone call is the best medium (aside from a visit to someone's office) - so please call first and foremost if at all possible.

Second, if faxing is appropriate for you in certain situations (as it is for just about everyone else too at times...), then you can also use alternate methods to fax - and online too. I believe the other folks here will post direct links or previous ALIPAC links to those services that are available. The one I am thinking of is part of CAPSWIZ I believe.

Third, emails are ok and useful, but the first two are really the preferred methods if time and budget allow.

Finally, don't feel bad about contacting elected reps (US Reps, US Senators) that are not from your state (or district). We have several talking points to use should the staffers try to call you on this, and we plow ahead regardless. Hey, they draw their check from the US government (not each state), their oath is to the Constitution and includes ALL of the states, - don't be intimidated. Go forward, and politely voice your opinion and make a difference.

Thanks again for stopping in.

-PhredE
    Mod/Admin guy

PhredE -

Thanks for the info and the welcome!! Understand "creative".
    Job demands limit time spent during the day - most of my contacts have to be this time of night. Have been very pleased to know that Dole is really listening and responding to e-mails, have received several letters from her/her office snail mail.

As far as the "US Reps and US Senators" I completely agree - that's where the "US" comes from. Don't mind at all sharing my opinions with someone who doesn't agree (and probably wishes they didn't have to hear it). Just don't want to overstep any rules I'm not aware of.

Maybe some guidance on where to get some names with appropriate states and zips I could jump into "the frey" a little harder.

Again, thanks!!
    Tarheel