Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The only thing I would add to Phrede's comment is "the way you vote affects my life and my children's lives even though I can't vote for you. Hence your office is getting a call from me."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Absolutely the truth Gogo -
    Thanks

Tarheel:

Ah, ok, I see what you need quite well now.

First - we have lists of all the Congress people in a thread here somewhere (I'll go search for that in a second; maybe someone that recalls the thread locations can post that up here for us...hint, hint, hint - to our other people here).

Second, as far as basic rules in contacting the elected folks, W has spoken and written on that subject very well here in the past. But, I'll try to go strictly by memory and common sense to provide the real key things to remember:

a). No bad language.

b). Never threaten or sound threatening in your communication.

c). Keep message fairly short, concise and focused (well typically, it's not a 100% hard-and-fast rule, but generally short clear messages are read, whereas, long-winded complex messages might not be).

d). Attempt to persuade and impart wisdom, knowledge and fact. Focus attention on the issue in such a way to convince a person to see the problem from your point of view. In doing this, you'll improve your ability to engage people personally - as in a conversation, or debate - on the issue and it forces a person to research, understand the facts, and you'll gain a superb mastery of the subject matter.

Feel free to pose any more questions and I, or other folks, will do our best to answer them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Tarheel, glad to have you aboard!

I agree with Phred that phone calls are the most effective; some offices will ask for zip codes or city you're calling from (to see if you're from their home state), others don't ask. I keep my messages concise, professional and polite. If you like to fax, some activists have used http://www.smartfax.com/ where I think you get a free trial period. And if you send emails, I would send them through the senator's or members website.

Here's a link to the Senate DC phone numbers:

http://www.informedvoter.info/resources ... rs2007.pdf

Here's the Senate List:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68216

Bookmark it so you always have it. I had a heck of time finding it so I finally had to bookmark it.

Understood -
    of course polite and to the point (promise not to use profanity even if I'm thinking it

yes, a "cheat sheet" would be most helpful if appropriate.

Tarheel

Tarheel you'll usually get an email from Alipac with talking points when the real crunch comes. But these guys can give you real good points.

Gogo & Populist,

Thanks for the info - have saved both.

Tarheel

Welcome Tarheel
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Welcome Tarheel
    Oh yes WELCOME.

redbadger quit it, I'm on a diet.