Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    This is my first post for the day, but I have been making calls from the Numbers USA list. I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but when I spoke with Tester's aide, I was told the vote will definitely be NO!! Will someone please confirm (202) 224-2644.

Also, although both of my traitorous senators are listed in red as pledging a yes vote, Cardin's aide said that he has NOT made a decision. I was on the phone with him for at least 15 minutes expressing my outrage. He didn't ask for a zip code, but if he does you can use 20744 (Fort Washington, MD) He needs more calls! (202) 224-4524
    Called Tester. Aide said he plans to vote NO. Hope he sticks to it!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Here is a list just sent by NumbersUSA of Democratic senators to include in your calls:
    ______

UPDATE [From NumbersUSA]

Interestingly, both the leaders of the pro-amnesty side and the leaders of the anti-amnesty side of the Senate are saying they don't think they have the votes to win tomorrow.

That means the amnesty vote tomorrow morning is totally up in the air.

Your phone calls this afternoon can be the difference.

TARGET THESE DEMOCRATIC SENATORS UP FOR RE-ELECTION NEXT YEAR

Our success tomorrow probably depends on your ability to convince at least seven Democrats to vote NO on cloture on S. 2205 (the DREAM Act Amnesty).

Our "whipping" of vote counts tells us that we are perhaps as strong as we've ever been at this point among Republican Senators. But there are at least 20 Republicans who are pledged to vote YES or on the fence. I believe that several of these Republicans will be far more likely to vote NO if they see several Democrats voting NO, too.

It may be a situation where the Democrats bring a kind of 1-for-1 match in which each Democrat who votes NO will cause one Republican to vote NO.

Here are the Democrats who are up for re-election next year:

Baucus (D-MT)
    Biden (D-DE)
    Durbin (D-IL)

Harkin (D-IA)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kerry (D-MA)

Landrieu (D-LA)
    Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Levin (D-MI)

Pryor (D-AR)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)

HELP THE ANTI-AMNESTY DEMOCRATS OF LAST JUNE STICK WITH THEIR PRINCIPLES IN OCTOBER

Here are the Democrats who broke with Party leaders and voted against the amnesty last spring. They are under tremendous pressure from the Party to show some loyalty by voting for what the Party says is just a "little" amnesty.

You need to help remind them why they voted NO in June and why their NO on this amnesty is just as important.

Baucus (D-MT)
    Bayh (D-IN)
    Bingaman (D-NM)

Brown (D-OH)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Dorgan (D-ND)

Harkin (D-IA)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    McCaskill (D-MO)

Nelson (D-NE)
    Pryor (D-AR)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)

Stabenow (D-MI)
    Tester (D-MT)
    Webb (D-VA)

If none of these Senators is in your state, why don't you pick one of the Senators on these lists who is from a state near you, particularly if it is a smaller-population state.

The Washington Post had a story today quoting Democratic strategists as saying that Democrats who don't take seriously Americans' disgust with illegal immigration are in for some rude awakenings during next year's elections. Especially if you are a Democrat or and Independent, you may want to try to convey this in your phone call.

THANKS. WE CAN'T LET UP IN PHONING THIS AFTERNOON
    . EARLIER TODAY, SOME OFFICES WERE SAYING PHONE CALLS WERE RUNNING EVEN. WE USUALLY BEAT THE OTHER SIDE 25-1 AND EVEN 100-1.

P.S. Yes, many of these illegal teenagers have compelling stories. And those stories may warrant some special consideration at some time. But only after Congress passes the laws necessary to keep the next million illegal teens from arriving, and only after the Administration shows that it can implement those laws.

Tell Senate offices "No more talk of rewards for illegal immigration until enforcement laws are passed."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, Ex_OC!!

I don't believe they are even. I've been told they are overwhelming against.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Thats what I was told the NO for DA far outnumber the YEA"S
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    I am SHOCKED as well !!! I have been told several times there are many more calls against than for!!! Perhaps Roy is motivating us.

He does not have to worry!!!!

WE ARE GOING FULL BLAST ON THIS!!!!

NO MEANS NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I am SHOCKED as well !!! I have been told several times there are many more calls against than for!!! Perhaps Roy is motivating us.

He does not have to worry!!!!

WE ARE GOING FULL BLAST ON THIS!!!!

NO MEANS NO!!!!
    I'd rather he motivate us in a different fashion! That could depress us! if we were quiters which we are not!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

UPDATE

Our Capitol Hill Team is hearing from fence-sitting Senators that the argument that is moving them most toward voting YES on the DREAM Act amnesty is that it would give an amnesty to "only 60,000 kids a year."

These fence-sitters are listed in black on our Home page at www.NumbersUSA.com. (We are updating that list by the hour to show you who is pledging to vote NO and YES.)

Point No. 1 about the numbers

All of you who have access to a phone and a modicum of privacy right now need to call the "Senators in black" and tell their offices that the NUMBERS involved in DREAM are far larger than the claim of just 60,000 a year.

PHONE SENATE SWITCHBOARD AT:
    202-224-3121

Dr. Steve Camarota at the Center for Immigration Studies this afternoon issued estimates on how many illegal aliens potentially could be involved if the DREAM Act amnesty becomes law. His research was based on the latest government surveys.

DREAM Act Offers Amnesty to 2.1 Million
    New Estimate Shows Another 1.4 Million Family Members Could Also Stay

WASHINGTON (October 23, 2007) — The Senate is currently considering the DREAM Act (S.2205). Some have argued that only 60,000 illegal immigrants would be granted amnesty annually under the Act, but a new analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies of 2007 Census Bureau data shows millions of potential beneficiaries.

* An estimated 800,000 illegal immigrants under age 17 have been here long enough to qualify for legalization under the DREAM Act. There are a total of 1.7 million illegal aliens estimated to be under age 18.

• There are an estimated 900,000 parents of illegal aliens under age 18 who qualify. It is unclear whether the government would deport these parents.

• The DREAM Act is also unclear as to what will happen to the siblings of legalized illegals who are themselves illegal, but do not meet the Act’s requirements. There are an estimated 500,000 such children.

• The DREAM Act also allows illegal aliens ages 18 to 29 to legalize if they claim to have arrived prior to age 16. We estimate 1.3 million meet this requirement. There are a total of 4.4 million illegal aliens in this age group.

• Thus the total number of potential amnesty beneficiaries is 2.1 million (assuming no fraud). This does not include 1.4 million siblings and parents of qualifying illegals who may end up receiving a de facto amnesty.

• Prior legalization programs have been plagued by fraud. One-fourth (700,000) of those legalized in the 1986 amnesty are estimated to have done so fraudulently.

• Given the difficulty in determining whether an applicant meets the DREAM Act’s amnesty requirements, coupled with the overworked nature of the immigration bureaucracy, fraud could be a significant problem.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsokay
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    SoSad, spudmom, and tinybob,

Our beloved Sen. Crapo was just added to NumbersUSA's firm NO list!!!

I LOVE SENATOR CRAPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go, idaho!!
    I've called twice since this was posted and Crapo's office tells me he hasn't stated his position.

Could someone else confirm?
    I was also told he " hasn't stated a posistion yet"
    I got a NO from Crapo's office!!!
    hmmmm.... Maybe Crapo's staff should get together on this. I'm still being told he 'hasn't stated a position."

O.k. I'm off the boards for a while to cook and make more calls. I'll check back in later.

KEEP HAMMERING AWAY!!!!!!
    I just spoke to his office and she said that his position is basically no because no version of the DREAM Act has been anywhere remotely near what he would vote yes for. She has been busy all day with calls, she can't get a whole lot done.

I have been email/faxing. Thank you for keeping us updated everyone!

Our Capitol Hill Team is hearing from fence-sitting Senators that the argument that is moving them most toward voting YES on the DREAM Act amnesty is that it would give an amnesty to "only 60,000 kids a year."
    OK, make sure we advise that the DA would give amnesty to millios; according to CIS: DREAM Act Offers Amnesty to 2.1 Million;
    New Estimate Shows Another 1.4 Million Family Members Could Also Stay