Page 66 of 99 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Time To Attack Dream Act Again....

TX Sen. John Cornyn (R) has announced his intention to vote "NO" to cloture on S. 2205 tomorrow.

From Press Release:
    "CORNYN: COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM MUST REMAIN TOP PRIORITY.
    "Announces His Intention to Vote Against Motion to Proceed to DREAM Act Tomorrow."

For Immediate Release, Tues., Oct. 23, 2007
    Contacts: Brian Walsh (202) 224-0704
    John Dorgin (202) 224-0703

Unfortunately, the headline indicates that he hasn't really given up on a "comprehensive" national amnesty (with unlimited H-!B Visas for anyone who might not make it in that way!)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    GOOD, thats what I'm doing and still sending faxes when my ear gets tired. That is in my daughters name as I already sent them in my name. I am on my second round of calls and faxes!!

PLEASE EVERYONE LETS FILL THE VOICE MAIL AND GET AS MUCH DONE AS WE CAN!!
    REMEMBER.....WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! STAY AS MAD AS HELL AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! UNITED WE STAND! OUR COUNTRY IS DEPENDING ON US.

working4change
    I am mad as hell and I will not take it!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember we are all paying these lousy reps salaries and that is disgusting!!!CALL CALL CALL LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!!!

I'm working down the list. Following DC voice mails full:

-Baucus
    -Brownback
    -Byrd
    -Kyl
    -Landrieu
    -McCaskill
    -Warner

Keep up your hard work everyone. FILL THOSE VOICE MAILS !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    I am mad as hell and I will not take it!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember we are all paying these lousy reps salaries and that is disgusting!!!CALL CALL CALL LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!!!
    Yes, it is a VERY infuriating thought for us to be paying them to represent illegals!

Re: Time To Attack Dream Act Again....

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    TX Sen. John Cornyn (R) has announced his intention to vote "NO" to cloture on S. 2205 tomorrow.

From Press Release:
    "Announces His Intention to Vote Against Motion to Proceed to DREAM Act Tomorrow."

Unfortunately, the headline indicates that he hasn't really given up on a "comprehensive" national amnesty (with unlimited H-!B Visas for anyone who might not make it in that way!)
    OOPS I just sent him a really nasty email about his riding the fence on the nightmare act. Hope he doesn't send his goons to get me. Hope he holds to NO.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Re: Time To Attack Dream Act Again....

Quote Originally Posted by TEXLEGAL1
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step

From Press Release:

OOPS I just sent him a really nasty email about his riding the fence on the nightmare act. Hope he doesn't send his goons to get me. Hope he holds to NO.
    We can't know everything "Texasgal1" They change their mind more than their underwear how can we possible keep up!! Besides he probable needed the scolding so he doesn't change his mind!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

OK, did my daughters faxes now going to start working on phone calls and e-mails AGAIN!!

Populist thanks for the update on full mail boxes that saves time!!

LETS KEEP IT UP ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL AWAKE PROBABLY MOST OF US ON PACIFIC TIME!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

You're welcome Sosad. Thanks for having your family help out.

Along with the others to call on the list previously posted, please be sure to include New Mexico senators Jeff Bingaman and Pete Domenici. I found this excerpt about pro-amnesty forces calling them:

Marcela Diaz, executive director for Somos Un Pueblo Unido, an immigrant-rights group based in Santa Fe, said supporters of the DREAM Act plan to try to swamp the offices of U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., and U.S. Sen. Pete Domenici, R-N.M., with calls in upcoming days to push for the passage of the bill."
    http://www.lcsun-news.com/news/ci_7208997

Sen. Cornyn makes some good points on his website about the glaring loopholes in the Dream Act (other than the stuff about "comprehensive" reform):

"Unfortunately, the Durbin bill contains a number of gaping loopholes, while failing to address the much larger need for comprehensive immigration reform and the immediate crisis at our borders. For example, it contains no firm requirement for the illegal immigrant to graduate with a degree from an accredited U.S. institution of Higher Education (either a two or four-year institution), it grants them broad access to federal student loans at a time when we are struggling to meet loan needs for our own citizens, and it extends the benefits to adults, rather than focusing on children. Moreover, from a law enforcement perspective, his bill does nothing to prevent fraud, allows certain criminal aliens to qualify for legal status, and ties the hands of law enforcement by severely limiting their access to application information."

Full statement here:

http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/