Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Mike Huckabee

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason
    So just who do you want for President? Unfortunately Duncan Hunter has no chance and neither does Tom Tancredo. The media hates them even more than Huckabee. I agree illegal immigration/national security is the number one issue. At least Huckabee has put something in writing. I believe he will follow what 80% of us want, but not if ALIPAC and her members start attacking him. How about communicating with Huckabee and evaluating his sincerity on this issue and his plan? It's worth a try. If he is willing to put this in writing I would hope he is sincere and wants to do what is best for this country.
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.
    No, I don't think he is, and I sort of feel like he does, Fred is falling fast, Guiliani is more liberal than most on immigration, and Romney, well, enough said, none of the others that have really good plans have any name recognition outside of Ron Paul, and his policy on Iraq/Middle east will cost/kill us in the long run... I think we have to be careful on shooting ourselves in our foot here.
    I went and read Huckabees site after seeing/reading these comments, NO WHERE does it say anything about touchback, it does say if they leave they can get in line and not get penalized, but if they don't leave voluntarily they can't re-enter for 10 years legally after they are caught. it also doesn't say anything about raising numbers of immigrants, only speeding up the process. I would like to hear/see him respond to this post, I think a lot of what has happened is taken out of context.. I read through his site, and it has a lot of really good ideas, will he do everything he says? Who knows, how do we know that anybody will do what they say. Like I said, I would like to hear/see his response to this, then I will make up mind.. Other than that I think we need to be careful not to sink what might really be a viable ship in this uncertain sea. I would rather see almost any republican in office than Billary or Obama..

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    On it. Let's get the word out on this!

BTW, Huckabee will be on Laura Ingraham's show tomorrow (Thursday, 12/13). Let's all send this info to her, especially the part about how Huckabee's amnesty scheme would only require illegal aliens to go home for days before returning.
    Nice. I was thinking the same thing. Laura Ingraham needs to get this info. I didn't know kuckabee was going to be on her show tomorrow so this is perfect timing.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by jabwocky
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    So just who do you want for President? Unfortunately Duncan Hunter has no chance and neither does Tom Tancredo. The media hates them even more than Huckabee. I agree illegal immigration/national security is the number one issue. At least Huckabee has put something in writing. I believe he will follow what 80% of us want, but not if ALIPAC and her members start attacking him. How about communicating with Huckabee and evaluating his sincerity on this issue and his plan? It's worth a try. If he is willing to put this in writing I would hope he is sincere and wants to do what is best for this country.
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.
    No, I don't think he is, and I sort of feel like he does, Fred is falling fast, Guiliani is more liberal than most on immigration, and Romney, well, enough said, none of the others that have really good plans have any name recognition outside of Ron Paul, and his policy on Iraq/Middle east will cost/kill us in the long run... I think we have to be careful on shooting ourselves in our foot here.
    I went and read Huckabees site after seeing/reading these comments, NO WHERE does it say anything about touchback, it does say if they leave they can get in line and not get penalized, but if they don't leave voluntarily they can't re-enter for 10 years legally after they are caught. it also doesn't say anything about raising numbers of immigrants, only speeding up the process. I would like to hear/see him respond to this post, I think a lot of what has happened is taken out of context.. I read through his site, and it has a lot of really good ideas, will he do everything he says? Who knows, how do we know that anybody will do what they say. Like I said, I would like to hear/see his response to this, then I will make up mind.. Other than that I think we need to be careful not to sink what might really be a viable ship in this uncertain sea. I would rather see almost any republican in office than Billary or Obama..
    Sorry Mason, but you need to do some research on Huckabee. He follows Pence's plan to a t. It is nothing more than a "touchback" policy-in other words it is AMNESTY IF YOU LEAVE FOR A FEW HOURS OR DAYS AND COME BACK. He favors in-state tuition.
    There is just too much for me to list right now- go read up on him. There are ALOT of articles right here on Alipac.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You think we should call him up and ask him if he will do better in the future?
    We know this plan he has put out, it was called the Pence plan. Huckabee is sporting the same plan the Globalists in DC sported in our face during the AMNESTY Battles.

We know what our enemies look, smell, and taste like and they are clearly in the command tent over at Huckabee's camp.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    jabwocky
    Um Fred is up not down unless your asking him to raise his hand. Guiliani and his Lies (or changing his pitch) is killing him Billary or Obama...

Now Just what is chuklebee stances on Just immigration

Pathway to citizenship must start at back of line, out of US. (Dec 2007)
    Send illegals home so all in US can hold their heads high. (Dec 2007)
    Make legal immigration quick, or outsource it if we can't. (Dec 2007)
    FactCheck: AR college bill accepted illegals after 3 years. (Nov 2007)
    Punish people who break the law; but not their children. (Nov 2007)
    Focus on demand: penalize employers of illegal immigrants. (Sep 2007)
    Some anti-immigration advocates are based on racism. (Sep 2007)
    People are angry at government for failing to track illegals. (Sep 2007)
    Problems with McCain-Kennedy: credibility; secrecy; spending. (Jun 2007)
    Allow in professionals as legal immigrants, but seal border. (Jun 2007)
    Change rule barring immigrants from running for president. (May 2007)
    Path to citizenship if illegals admit guilt & pay fine. (Jan 2007)
    Share costs of legal immigration between states & federal. (Feb 2001)
    Federal government should deal with criminal repatriation. (Feb 2001)
    Import farm workers from Mexico. (Sep 2001)
    It's arrogant for GOP to ignore Hispanics or any group. (Dec 2007)
    Racial profiling based on speaking with accent is unAmerican. (Dec 2007)

Nonsense of Three-Strikes makes system overrun with people. (Sep 2007)

Any thing he has said about dealing with Criminal Immigrents and the voice of america he has only said this Year... The Man Is OBL and just says what Americans want to here and then plans on doing what he wants Im not going to have any part of it nor will most Americans
    Funny thing is I belive chuklebee hasnt thought twice about criminal immigration untill this campaign ...

Banned
    Im starting to think its a very good Idea not to support any of them till they get just a little more rope to hang them selves. Some things come out in ways we dont see at first...

Re: HUCKABEE LOVES ILLEGALS Stickers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDinDC

Here are some great Huckabee stickers that I created. They read:

"Support More Illegal Immigration: Vote Huckabee 2008"

Check them out at:

http://www.cafepress.com/noillegalaliens

We should stick them up EVERYWHERE! Put one on your bumper!

OMG!!!!!! I just ordered 20 of these. They will make great stocking stuffers!!!!!

I'm reading, just trying to understand more... I have three things I would like answered..
    I am reading other sites also, I read on Huckabees site thought that his Immigration plan is:
    Note: This plan is partially modeled on a proposal by Mark Krikorian, Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies. ("Re: Immigration: Ten Points for a Successful Presidential Candidate," National Review, May 23, 2005.)
    And I noticed that this site has quoted and expounded on Krikrorian and his policies, so why do you call it the Pence Plan? I have read them all, and they all sound the same to me.. none of them call for amnesty, they all call for no benifits for illegals OR those with "guest worker" status.
    Second thing, If all of the 'viable' candidates have the same stance on illegal immigration, who do you vote for??
    And I'm not voting for/supporting somebody if his stance is great on illegal immigration if the rest of his platform sucks..
    Third, if we can't believe what any candidate says, who do you vote for?
    I heard Huckabee say something the other day that I thougt was interesting and DOES make sense on ones change of stance/opinion.
    (paraphrased) he said that as Governor his decisions were based on what he felt was best for Arkansas, and he realizes that as a President he would do things different because something that was good for Arkansas would not necessarily be good for the country as a whole.
    This would be akin to as a burger flipper at Mikey D's, your thought process would be different than that of manager.. just a thought..
    BTW, don't get me wrong, I am not in any way shape or form for illegal immigration, I have strongly supported this PAC, I just want to make sure that we do the right thing..
    My_2_Cents...

Mike Huckabee

In February 2006 I had Bill Gheen come to western NC & speak to the GOP Club. I have introduced resolutions to my County Commissioners to stop illegal immigration on a local level. I have worked with other NC county commissioners in helping put forth resolutions to address illegals. I have been on this issue of illegal immigration for many years including running as a county commission candidate with illegal immigration as one of the four main planks in my platform. I was a candidate for state house in NC also. I am considered "too conservative" by many. I do not think the enemy is in Mike Huckabee's camp. I am not new to politics (helped with Reagan, Jesse Helms, Sue Myrick campaigns). I am not naive, I am a realist. Without the conservative Christian right, a Republican will not be elected. Face it, the only way to stop the open door is with a GOP president (GW Bush excluded). Huckabee's campaign is starting to pull this group back together and over 80% over this group is pro-life, pro-family, pro-national security, does not support illegal immigration, etc. Let us not let good get in the way of perfect. The only perfect candidate for William Gheen is William Gheen. The only perfect candidate for Mason is Mason. I will not compromise my faith/trust in Jesus Christ, the US Constitution or my personal beliefs that are forged by my love of God & country. As a father of nine I have a lot at stake and weigh very carefully what I say and do. We will have much more opportunity for productive discourse with Huckabee or whomever the nominee if we express our deeply held convictions with civility and kindness. There is a time to fight and there is also a time to talk. Right now we should talking to Huckabee. If Huckabee is elected possibly we could get Duncan Hunter as Defense Secretary and Tom Tancredo as Homeland Security. We stand a better chance of pushing those items if we have kept an open door to Huckabee or whoever is the nominee.

Eggsbackly !!
    I am still looking but lets not throw out the baby with the bath water (dating myself?) any way, Mason has some great points.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast