Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

illegal immigration, etc.

To mkfarnum of Ok. - Hooray for Oklahoma! At least a few states are doing something. I think you have shipped your share of IL's to Texas! Not only are there millions here (and growing as they wade across the Rio Grande) - our state Congress has just adjourned (until our NEXT session - IN TWO YEARS!!) without getting key immigration issues out of committee and onto the floor for a vote. (This is a conservative, Republican majority Congress - who also have a big fear of making illegals angry it seems.) We also have sanctuary cities in Texas, etc. and NO ONE will do anything about it! In the interest of 'fairness' - don't you want to take a few of them back to Oklahoma?? We - the ones who care - will be GLAD to share!

On top of that, Kay Bailey Hutchison has announced her retirement from the Senate and is going to run for (r) Governor !! Her track record on clamping down on illegals and my tax money going to support them is LUKEWARM at best. I fear for Texas and Texans. What are these people SO afraid of that they can't smell the S... when they come across it?

Sign me - 'TOTALLY FRUSTRATED'

April
    On top of that, Kay Bailey Hutchison has announced her retirement from the Senate and is going to run for (r) Governor !! Her track record on clamping down on illegals and my tax money going to support them is LUKEWARM at best. I fear for Texas and Texans. What are these people SO afraid of that they can't smell the S... when they come across it?

They are not afraid, they have sold the American people out and no longer represent us, they represent the coporate elite that wants cheap labor. That is why people need to stay aware and vocal and NOT LET UP!

Re: illegal immigration, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by redoaklady
    To mkfarnum of Ok. - Hooray for Oklahoma! At least a few states are doing something. I think you have shipped your share of IL's to Texas! Not only are there millions here (and growing as they wade across the Rio Grande) - our state Congress has just adjourned (until our NEXT session - IN TWO YEARS!!) without getting key immigration issues out of committee and onto the floor for a vote. (This is a conservative, Republican majority Congress - who also have a big fear of making illegals angry it seems.) We also have sanctuary cities in Texas, etc. and NO ONE will do anything about it! In the interest of 'fairness' - don't you want to take a few of them back to Oklahoma?? We - the ones who care - will be GLAD to share!

You can send them here, but you'de need to find those who have the balls to step foot into OK. because they know they wouln't last long.
    You can always move to OK. But you should Thank "Rep, Randy Terrill" who wrote and introduced the bill (HR1804).
    Other states need Rep's like OK, Sen, Inholf, Tom Coburn, Tom Cole and Randy Terrill.
    They all support the immigration bill to the letter.

I'm not completely convinced with Rep, Tom Cole yet.
    ------------------------

immigration

April, you're right, of course - we HAVE been sold out. If we're not hiring cheap labor HER, we're shipping the labor to people who will work on the cheap overseas. Either way, we're screwed if we don't stop it - and I consider myself a FORMER member of the silent majority - now, if I could just convince some of my apathetic friends to yell with me (us) !

Re: immigration

Quote Originally Posted by redoaklady
    April, you're right, of course - we HAVE been sold out. If we're not hiring cheap labor HER, we're shipping the labor to people who will work on the cheap overseas. Either way, we're screwed if we don't stop it - and I consider myself a FORMER member of the silent majority - now, if I could just convince some of my apathetic friends to yell with me (us) !
    To all of our "NEW RECRUITS"

To ALIPAC

------------------------

I am amazed about how much apathy there really is among Americans. With our lousy economy, these folks worry about their jobs and the future of their kids. All I can see is that few have examined what the underlying problems to this economic misery are, and even those that realize something is up with outsourcing, illegal labor, etc. What is unfortunate, even those that agree with me do not get involved.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sotomayor

I think we should focus on bringing this Nation together. Left or Right wing waco talk does nothing bu alienate people.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I am amazed about how much apathy there really is among Americans. With our lousy economy, these folks worry about their jobs and the future of their kids. All I can see is that few have examined what the underlying problems to this economic misery are, and even those that realize something is up with outsourcing, illegal labor, etc. What is unfortunate, even those that agree with me do not get involved.
    Unfortunately, I'm afraid too many of them have allowed themselves to be intimidated and silenced by the race-baitors. The racist race-baitors only use this tried and true tactic because they have absolutely no good arguments for the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, so their only weapon is to try to silence the opposition. But it is ultimately the fault of those who allow themselves to be silenced by these false accusations.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Re: Sotomayor

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses2795
    I think we should focus on bringing this Nation together. Left or Right wing waco talk does nothing bu alienate people.
    Ulysses2795 - First go talk to the waco racist race-baitors, about how they have alienated the legal citizens of this country. Get them to admit how they have unfairly used the "racism" tactic to try to silence their opposition. Ask them about how they are using and exploiting, aiding and abetting their new favorite "victim" group - illegal aliens - to advance their own political agenda and power. Then come back and let us know how that went. Then maybe we can talk about "bringing this nation together".
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Re: Sotomayor

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses2795
    First go talk to the waco racist race-baitors, about how they have alienated the legal citizens of this country. Get them to admit how they have unfairly used the "racism" tactic to try to silence their opposition. Ask them about how they are using and exploiting, aiding and abetting their new favorite "victim" group - illegal aliens - to advance their own political agenda and power. Then come back and let us know how that went. Then maybe we can talk about "bringing this nation together".
    Where do I find the 'wacko racist race-baitors who have any intention of 'talking' (- reasoning on anything less than at the highest decibels) and get them to admit ANYTHING! They have an 'agenda' (as do we) - they yell it loud and clear under the guise of 'helping their downtrodden brothers who DESERVE to be here.' (DESERVE???) - The're NOT interested in debate or reason. I live in Texas where most vocal groups (try watching La Raza leaders 'guest' on Lou Dobbs - who just scream, but don't answer one reasonable question he asks!) just intend to cram this down America's throats and feel they have Obama and his croneys to back them up. They aren't listening to any 'voice of reason' or engaging in any enlightening debate, period (under the guise of 'the best defense is a good offense) . They now 'have their foot in the door' with the confirmation of Ms. Sotomayor (step one on their agenda) and see a light at the end of their tunnel (if they just continue pushing and shoving their way through). In Texas, La Raza (and cronies) consider the Rio Grande just another river to cross - (not a boundry between sovereign nations) on their way to their goals. (Hence the 'Absolut' commercials, etc. that forgot a very bloody war was fought by people who wanted to be FREE of ANY tyranny, including theirs.) Texans (and others) WON that war of Independence (we're the only state in the union that has the LEGAL right to secede) and I don't see any amount of 'talking' at this point that's going to 'bring us together into ANY 'one common goal'. Polorization was inevitable. Their goal is Amnesty, health care, citizenship - then take-over. Sadly, in Texas they seem to have gotten that strong foothold into our Congress who can't even get "illegal issues" out of committee (and just adjourned for ANOTHER 2 years before coming back for another try at 'what is right' - - or just reconvene at all.) I can tell you how much good it did to try to 'talk' to these 'race-baters' (or politicians) on either side. We got NOWHERE in the state legislator this year and now have no chance for the Texas legislature to even reconvene for two long years. (A special session WAS called after adjournment, but NOT, it turned out, to address any of THESE issues.) In the meantime, we fill up with 'anchor babies', kids who start school with no knowledge of the English language (and graduate with not much more), emergency rooms filled to the gills with illegals using them as 'primary care facilities' and college applicants who receive priority over citizens for a college education with all sorts of grants, as well as my tax dollars, etc. We have 'sanctuary cities' - where nearly EVERYONE is afraid to speak out (or just feel the futility of trying) or have found their voice useless at whatever government level they try to reason with. Apathy is the word of the day and no stun gun or cattle prod seems capable of budging them out of their hidey holes. Sorry if I sound pessimistic - I've just been dealing with closed doors and uninterested citizens for awhile now. I need an infusion of encouragement and hope (while I keep fighting on whatever front I can find). We seem to be 'tilting at windmills right now. Our politicians (some of them) try - but to no avail at this point. I'm still looking for town-hall meetings but 2 out of my 3 national representatives 'have no plans for any this month'.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast