Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

rio grande

This is a very serious question. WIll piranha live in the rio grande? If they will maybe them or gators should be "freed and returned" to nature by concerned citizens. That may be one way to get them from coming in unwanted.

This anchor baby crap pisses me off even more because it gives people the excuse to say it is not the kids fault. I never owned a slave, but my skin tone can be a detriment because hundreds of years ago people with my same ethnicity did own slaves, which i think was wrong.
    <div>"If I had known this I would have picked my own cotton"</div>

redoaklady -
    I'm not at all clear if you're upset with me or Ulysses2759???

My comments you quote in your post were directed at Ulysses and his/her "Why can't we all just get along, and be one big happy nation" regardless of the fact that tens of millions of the people living here now illegally invaded your country. I quoted Ulysses and his name was above the quote. (I have also since edited and added his name a second time so it will be really clear.)

Did you misread my comments or something?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Re: rio grande

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer1776
    This is a very serious question. WIll piranha live in the rio grande? If they will maybe them or gators should be "freed and returned" to nature by concerned citizens. That may be one way to get them from coming in unwanted.

This anchor baby crap pisses me off even more because it gives people the excuse to say it is not the kids fault. I never owned a slave, but my skin tone can be a detriment because hundreds of years ago people with my same ethnicity did own slaves, which i think was wrong.
    Thats an idea. I wish I knew the answer.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

builditnow - I apologize to both of you. I'm not angry at either of you - I'm just really beginning to feel really helpless to make ANY change - and said some stuff maybe just to get it off my chest. I just watched a replay of Colin Powell on Larry King Live a few minutes ago and he mentioned that in 20 years 'minorities' will be in the 'majority' in the US. That basic reality isn't my problem - it's what some of the future majority plan to do with OUR United States that bothers me A LOT.

I will be very unhappy if in 20 years I am living in the "United States of Mexico", punching one for Spanish and two for English. In my perfect world it would be one for English and two for 'go home until you learn English'. (Actually, in 20 years I may not even be alive to see what has happened to OUR country.) I am very frustrated with my friends who send their fearsome emails of euthanasia they think is in the proposed health insurance plan written by the house, but won't lift a finger, a voice or a pen to do something about those fears. Nothing was meant to be directed at anyone who would choose to be a member of ALIPAC.

I have a two year old grandchild who has (maybe like Mr. Obama) dual citizenship - he's half American citizen, half Guatemalan. He's growing up 'bilingual' - a VERY good thing in Texas. My daughter-in-law was actually an 'illegal alien' for a few months before their marriage as she met my son and didn't go home when her visitor's visa expired but stayed to marry. I adore that child and have NO problem with his duality (or anyone elses) or with my daughter-in-law. She is lovely and well educated, an asset to our country and possibly speaks English better than I.

What I have a problem with are those who are coming here to CHANGE US! We have always welcomed immigrants here, we open our door to many folks from many places and they are happy to be here, to learn our language and our ways - enjoy our freedoms and make a better life for themselves. There is a BIG difference to me between 'assimilation and amnesty'. (Nearly all of us have come from immigrant stock at some time in the history of our country and family.) I welcome MORE - IF - they choose to come through the front door. America thrives on new blood. Diversity will help keep us strong.

In Texas I run across MANY people who speak only Spanish and seem to have NO intention of learning to become one of us. Texas is full of barrios. Some of them seem to be offended that I don't understand THEM! (I made the mistake of taking 3 years of FRENCH in high school - NOT helpful in Texas but great for when we traveled to France.) While in France (as well as Germany, Italy ad Switzerland) I did NOT expect THEM to speak English (although MANY of them did). I expected to try to meld into THEIR coulture and language as much as possible. This isn't happening today here. No, I'm not angry with either of you - I'm just angry and frustrated, period. I write emails, faxes and make calls to my rep's and those of other states. I encourage these idiot friends of mine to get involved. HAH! I even have my husband writing a few emails and faxes!! SO. I apologize if I sounded angry at ANYONE who is trying to create change in our breaking system. I'm not. I'm angry at unreasoned fear, apathy and most of all ineffectual whining.

As for the alligators - there are a LOT of ever-larger man-eating alligators in the Florida swamps and rivers. They are becoming so large and bold that they will race halfway across someone's yard to attack and drag back humans or pets to their swampy world and are being hunted down and killed or moved to gator sanctuaries (these are like 10 footers!). The answer, plain and simple is YES - alligators would thrive in the Rio Grande - maybe we need to import some of them to make a new home here (we'd have to dredge out much of the river to make it deep enough - which is why many illegals can 'wade' or just walk across dry parts of the river to get here illegally). I've heard that New Orleans could still use some dirt for their lowlands and levees. Actually, alligators are native to parts of Texas. We just don't seem to grow them as large as those in Florida. It might make those waders think twice, mightn't it? Don't think I haven't already thought of it.

Well - again - let me apologize for sounding angry with anyone but the 'system' and people who think they have a RIGHT to MY country just because they want to be here. Our system is not far from broken, amnesty is the talk of the land and health care for all is on the horizon if someone doesn't stop that runaway train. I pay ALL the taxes I can afford already, am retired and on a fixed income. I can't afford health care for all or anchor babies that my school taxes have to pay for (which will allow them to keep bringing over more and more family LEGALLY - and I feel affronted by people who come here and say that "I'VE GOT TO CHANGE TO MEET THEIR REQUIREMENTS". (While writing this I heard a used car advertisement a few minutes ago entirely in Spanish on tv!!) I don't OWE illegals anything. I do feel sorry that their countries can't afford to meet their needs but there is a limit (and I feel that limit is met when they come through the front door of the US with sponsors and jobs and a sense of responsibility and wanting to be AMERICANS, not entitlement.) Thank you for allowing me to clear that up.

redoaklady -
    I'm glad you're here amongst many other people who share your anger and frustration. It sounds like you've been working hard to take action to help stop this madness, which is the most important thing, really. Thanks for your hard work on this issue. But it can also help just to vent sometimes and talk to other people who feel the same way. I can function better to take the action if I'm not so angry I just want to break things.

I agree with most of what you've said about the issue, believe me. Some things I disagree with, but of course we don't always agree with each other here on everything.

Thanks for your comments. Welcome to ALIPAC. It looks like you joined quite a while ago, but hadn't posted that much yet. You've probably been too busy taking action such as phone calls and letters, which have probably made more of a difference than you know.

Go ALIPACERS - Keep Up the GREAT NEWS AND WORKS. Just pure and wonderful American Citizens everywhere I read. THANK-YOU ALL!

redoaklady, ConspiracyTheory, KLIMAX, gcollins, leftfoot, ottumwanurse, CaptTurbo, enforcer1776 HalP, Skeets, Major7, Kingsman42sc, CitizenKane, rstar38, tiggergram, termite, suelo, Roberta13, and believer: WELCOME TO ALL, welcome to ALIPAC. And thank you for your comments!

Some tools to use:
    www.blueservo.com ,
    NumbersUSA.com ,
    National Tea Party in your local area,
    Go to local board meetings : school city/county/district, city council and etc...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Ulysses

I'll say it again. Wacoism, will never solve anything, and I don't have to talk to anyone about their agenda. I have done my own research and am currently conducting a PhD study on immigration. Don't preach scare tactics to me; state the facts. I am against illegal immigration, but many of you want to wrap all kinds of waco theories into illegal immigration. Wacoism will never win because there are too many intelligent people in America to fall for blanket conspiracy theories, Democrats and Republicans; Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics. You're against illegal immigration, so am I, but I draw the line when people start preaching hate and zero-tolerance.

PHD in Life Here. LOL Americans are fighting INVASIONS and TRAITORS!

It sounds like someone is getting their apple cart turned over, though.

Keep Up the GREAT WORKS ALIPACERS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Apple Cart

It sounds like someone's apples have baked too long. Unfortunately, some people use good causes to further their own selfish and often hidden agenda. Illegal immigration is one thing and should be fought (in my opinion), bigotry is another. Don't get confused about which is which.

Bitter ones had good sugar added of course and they were lovingly bake. Maybe some were sent to the third world to spoil at the border traffic. LOL

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast