Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RogerR,

I agree that there needs to be some clarity from some of his statements.

Secondly, I'm sick of electing politicians that play us for a vote, then do what they please with us after they are elected. Obama is a good example.

Do what you say and mean what you say.

Right now, Lou Dobbs is setting off my campaign promise detector.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

lou dobbs

Another politician that can be bought.

yankee0001..wrote:
    Cynthia, I wonder, who is your new "best hope" for America's future now? I mean, we're looking for perfection right?

I am not pleased with a couple of Lou Dobbs comments, and I also believe he could have been more forceful and forthright in the interview. I believe he did what he did as a good gesture of "reaching out". His wife is Mexican-American and he actually may be trying to do the right thing by reaching out, but did not speak his beliefs as well as he could have (let's hope). All I am saying is that after further review of what his reaction to all of this is and what his intentions are/were, then I say we make a decision based on this.

Nobody is perfect and we will destroy our cause by making quick decisions without internal conversation, including clarification from the man who made the statements himself. Rush to judgments without clarification is like those people who believe every email they get in their inbox is true. Kicking your son out of the house because he finally did something wrong for once shows no loyalty. I can understand if somehow Lou Dobbs has flipped 180-degrees from his previous stance, or has somehow mislead us to believe that he was tough on illegal immigration, but at this point in the game, I am still very skeptical that this is the case.

I am former military. I stand beside my brothers in arms unless they turn the gun on me and start shooting. I know that I won't agree with them (or Lou Dobbs) 100% of the time, but if they are standing up and fighting the same enemy that I am fighting, I will not turn my back on them. I hope you can see where I am coming from. We conservatives are the thinkers, are we not? Irrationality is not in our nature. Let's find out what the details are first.
    Welcome to Alipac Yankee0001 Looking forward to more of your well thought out and well written post's!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Inasion

We are being invaded .WE NEED TO BRING OUR TROUPS HOME TO DO THE JOB THEY VOLUNTERED TO DO PROTECT OUR COUNTRY AND BOURDERS.

I've seen a lot of posts on this thread which make the case that Lou Dobbs has to moderate his position for the time being in order to get elected, otherwise it would be impossible for him to do so. I find something very wrong with this kind of logic. What good would it really do him to avoid alienating the Latino vote while losing millions of voters who would have voted for him had he stuck to his guns? Sure, he'd get a lot of votes he might not have gotten otherwise but would lose many others in the process, and I'm sure he must realize this. The other side of the coin is if people thought that he was taking a moderate position so he could get elected and he were then to go back to his original stance he wouldn't get the Latino vote either, since they would be wise to his strategy. So either way the plan would be counter-productive.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

I'm speechless as well.. He was absolutely groveling. Possibly his hispanic wife is running the show now...

Lou Dobbs

Remeber when Glenn Beck promised the families of those disappearing on our borders that he would follow it to the end and find the guilty ones?
    Beck was silenced. La Raza, MS13 ring a bell?
    Remember when O'reilly had his fight with Geraldo over illegal imigration?
    O'reilly was silenced on immigration and Geraldo got a prime-time show!
    A little persuasion by MS13, La Raza, MALDEF, et al, do you think?
    Lou Dobbs has been "persuaded"! Wanna guess by who?
    We're finding out who the turncoats are!
    Keep the list of all those who voted for amnesty in 2oo7 and vote them All out!

Dobbs interview

While I had previously commited to financial support, after watching this wishy, washy, political interview, I wish to withdraw any commitment I made. He sounds just like every other politician that talks about immigration, i.e. whatever it takes to get votes.
    raaz21

RWnut
    If you are right,that would make the USA a little more like our southern neighbors and the way their countries are being run and the chaos that thrives. That is a scary thought! I would hope the American citizenry would put a stop to any form of disobedience such as what we see in Mexico(for example).
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Re: Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by RWnut
    Remeber when Glenn Beck promised the families of those disappearing on our borders that he would follow it to the end and find the guilty ones?
    Beck was silenced. La Raza, MS13 ring a bell?
    Remember when O'reilly had his fight with Geraldo over illegal imigration?
    O'reilly was silenced on immigration and Geraldo got a prime-time show!
    A little persuasion by MS13, La Raza, MALDEF, et al, do you think?
    Lou Dobbs has been "persuaded"! Wanna guess by who?
    We're finding out who the turncoats are!
    Keep the list of all those who voted for amnesty in 2oo7 and vote them All out!
    I sure hope you're wrong about this, RWnut. There may be forces other than the ones you mentioned who are doing the silencing, but it's about time we had someone in the media with the courage to speak out about illegal immigration without the fear of being silenced. I don't know what it's going to take.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)