Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    A few years ago someone sent in a comment about his show that he read on the air: it would be wonderful if Lou started his own 24/7 network. Just imagine LNN (Lou News Network) competing with CNN!
    LNN...I like it!

Re: Stop Supporting Lou Dobbs!

Quote Originally Posted by teridavisnewman
    He has no qualifications for the Senate other than reading a script on TV, he's a talking head! If you want to support someone for US Congress, support this woman: www.voteforteri2010.com
    She's got a strong message, is adamantly opposed to amnesty and her message is resonating with the voters of the 12th Congressional district and she's a FIREBALL when she talks to the people--she's a blonde Palin and she's wicked smart! Take a look at her because she's far more deserving than a washed up TV anchor!
    Like Judy ask...are you the person in the video?
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    XAmericanPrideX, Welcome to ALIPAC, and I agree 100% on the issue of doing it legally. Thank you to your grandparents for taking the higher road and making themselves legal and making a great future for your family.

My husbands co-worker too, from Mexico, and his wife, came here legally, they are now in the process of becoming citizens. He said it is a long proces, and take money, but more than anything, just simple committment and effort, something the illegal aliens here now refuse to do, they simply take the lazy path.

America is for those who respect it and become part of it. I am saddened that it appears Lou Dobbs is backpeddling on this very issue, for who knows what reasons.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dobbs

A lot of what he said concerns me.

If this is a television station in mexico ( which I think it is ), I totally understand him apologizing for not being able to speak spanish. Would be the same if someone from mexico was speaking spanish on an American channel.

However, if it was a station in the USA, shame on you Lou.

I too have supported Lou for years. But if he doesn't explain himself and take a stance more on the side of "illegal is illegal", then I'll drop my support.

What part of illegal do people not understand?
    Crossing the border without following the rules is a crime! There is no middle ground.
    These spineless politicians make me sick. This shouldn't even be up for discussion and I can't believe it is actually happening.

As I recall, this immigration thing started for migrant workers (people crossing to pick vegetables and fruit). That's all it was.
    Now, right here in north eastern USA, they are roofing, cement work, restaurants, etc.. you name it they are doing it. And a lot of them don't speak a word of English.
    republicans and democrats make me sick. It's time for another party to take control. I don't know what party that is, someone needs to let me know. I find myself voting for the lesser of two evils.

WTF! Did I hear what I thought I heard?! It sounds like he got shot at one to many times and is ready to capitulate to the amnesty for illegals people. I, for one, will not vote for him to run for anything until he clarifies and corrects that statement of his about reviewing amnesty for these illegals. It's as simple as "If the illegals were not here these problems would not be." Now about backing down from supporting Sheriff Joe, That's just wrong, Sheriff Joe is doing the peoples work by cleaning up his part of the country. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat!!

Mr. Lou Dobbs

Just very upset that Mr. Dobbs appeared on Telemundo. This was a hack job on her part and either Mr. Dobbs caved to the pressure or he has indeed changed his position. Both of these weaknesses give me pause.

These are NOT undocumented workers. They are here illegally and as such should be sent back ASAP.

I am an American by birth, as are my parents and as were my Grandparents (now deceased). I am also of Mexican descent, and I do NOT support Amnesty, because this never ends. Assume 10 to 15 million illegals now. If granted amnesty, the next logical move by the liberals will be to push for family re-unification. Now multiply the numbers by 3 or 4 fold. When will the US go after the Mexican Government, including the illegals?

Re: Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    A lot of what he said concerns me.

If this is a television station in mexico ( which I think it is ), I totally understand him apologizing for not being able to speak spanish. Would be the same if someone from mexico was speaking spanish on an American channel.

However, if it was a station in the USA, shame on you Lou.

I too have supported Lou for years. But if he doesn't explain himself and take a stance more on the side of "illegal is illegal", then I'll drop my support.

What part of illegal do people not understand?
    Crossing the border without following the rules is a crime! There is no middle ground.
    These spineless politicians make me sick. This shouldn't even be up for discussion and I can't believe it is actually happening.

As I recall, this immigration thing started for migrant workers (people crossing to pick vegetables and fruit). That's all it was.
    Now, right here in north eastern USA, they are roofing, cement work, restaurants, etc.. you name it they are doing it. And a lot of them don't speak a word of English.
    republicans and democrats make me sick. It's time for another party to take control. I don't know what party that is, someone needs to let me know. I find myself voting for the lesser of two evils.
    Your question got me wondering. So I went looking. Guess what I found

A DIVISION OF NBC UNIVERSAL

I found the NBC at the very bottom of the page
    http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/

Telemundo is a Spanish-language American television network. Angel Ramos launched the brand with a TV station in San Juan, Puerto Rico in 1954—and it evolved into the second-largest Spanish-language content producer in the world.[1] It is also the second-largest Spanish language network in the United States, behind Univision.

Telemundo is the only Spanish-language network producing most of its telenovelas. Unlike Univision, many programs on Telemundo air with closed captions in both Spanish and English. Univision only has Spanish captions. The network reaches 93 percent of U.S. Hispanic households in 142 markets via over-the-air, cable and satellite TV. An average of 1,035,000 total viewers (aged 2 and older) tuned in for its weekday prime time lineup during 2007.

Telemundo is headquartered at 2290 West 8th Avenue in Hialeah, Florida, near Miami.

Telemundo Communications Group, its parent company, is part of the NBC Universal division of General Electric, which paid $2.7 billion for the operation in 2002. Don Browne is Telemundo's president. Jeff Gaspin, who is president and COO of Universal Television Group, oversees the network. Telemundo has 1,800 employees.

April
    GE owns Telemundo Stations

General Electric

www.ge.com
    Holdings Timeline 1878 Thomas Edison forms Edison Electric Light Company
    1892 Edison General Electric Company merges with Thomson-Houston Electric Company to create General Electric Company
    1897 Wireless Telegraph and Signal Company formed by Guglielmo Marconi
    1901 Emile Berliner and Eldridge Johnson form the Victor Talking Machine Company
    1906 David Sarnoff begins working at American Marconi
    1917 U.S. Government begins using GE produced aircraft engines
    1919 Radio Corporation of America (RCA) is created. RCA is formed after the U.S. Government gives control of the wireless industry back to the public sector following World War I. RCA gains the assets of American Marconi and becomes the controlling body of the patents belonging to General Electric, Westinghouse, United Fruit and AT&T
    1926 National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) formed. Sarnoff sees the potential of a nationwide network of radio stations and gets RCA, GE and Westinghouse to invest in the acquisition of WEAF in New York City and WJZ in Newark
    NBC's "Red" and "Blue" networks respectively -as the flagship stations for the new NBC Radio network
    1927 NBC Radio broadcasts the Rose Bowl to nationwide audience
    1929 RCA purchases Victor Talking Machine Company of Camden, NJ for $154 million and begins manufacturing radios and phonographs
    1932 Due to concerns of a growing monopoly, GE and Westinghouse sell off stake in RCA
    1939 NBC introduces television broadcasting at the World's Fair in New York City
    1941 Federal Communications Commission releases its Report on Chain Broadcasting. The report is critical of the growth of broadcast networks and proposes that NBC sell off one of its two networks
    NBC Red & NBC Blue
    1941 NBC receives first license for a commercial television station
    1943 After losing court battles with the FCC over the demand to divest one off its networks, RCA sells of NBC Blue Network to Edward Noble, lifesavers candy creator. Network eventually becomes ABC
    1954 NBC has first color telecast of Rose Bowl parade. Very few people actually see the telecast because there are not that many color sets in use
    1966 RCA purchases Random House
    1973 RCA purchases Ballantine Books
    becomes part of Random House
    1980 RCA sells of Random House to S. I. Newhouse's Advance Publications
    1985 GE acquires NBC as part of a $6.3 billion for RCA
    1986 - GE sells RCA's music division to Bertelsmann
    1989 CNBC is formed
    1996 MSNBC is launched. Cable news network is a joint partnership between GE and Microsoft
    1997 CNBC Asia and Europe are formed.
    1999 GE gains 32% stake in Paxson Communications and its PAX TV network
    2002 Telemundo Communications Group is acquired for $2.7 billion in a deal with an investment group that includes Sony and Liberty Media.
    In a separate deal, Bravo Network is acquired from a deal with Cablevision and MGM for $1.25 billion
    2003 Deal announced between GE and Vivendi Universal to create NBC Universal. In the deal, GE acquires Vivendi Universal's entertainment holdings which include theme parks and Universal Pictures' movie and television studios, and three cable channels (NYT 10/9/03)
    Television
    NBC Stations:
    WNBC
    New York
    KNBC
    Los Angeles
    WMAQ
    Chicago
    WCAU
    Philadelphia
    KNTV
    San Jose/San Francisco
    KXAS
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    WRC
    Washington
    WTVJ
    Miami
    KNSD
    San Diego
    WVIT
    Hartford
    WNCN
    Raleigh
    WCMH
    Columbus
    WVTM
    Birmingham
    WJAR
    Providence

Telemundo Stations:
    KVEA/KWHY
    Los Angeles
    WNJU
    New York
    WSCV
    Miami
    KTMD
    Houston
    WSNS
    Chicago
    KXTX
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    KVDA
    San Antonio
    KSTS
    San Jose/San Francisco
    KDRX
    Phoenix
    KNSO
    Fresno
    KMAS
    Denver
    WNEU
    Boston/Merrimack
    KHRR
    Tucson
    WKAQ
    Puerto Rico

NBC Universal Television Studio
    NBC Universal Television Distribution
    CNBC
    MSNBC
    Bravo
    Mun2TV
    Sci-Fi
    USA
    Sleuth
    Oxygen
    Film
    Universal Pictures
    Parks
    Universal Parks & Resorts
    Other General Electric Businesses
    GE Aircraft Engines
    GE Commercial Finance
    GE Consumer Products
    GE Industrial Systems
    GE Insurance
    GE Medical Systems
    GE Plastics
    GE Power Systems
    GE Specialty Materials
    GE Transportation Systems
    http://www.cjr.org/resources/index.php?c=ge

Quote Originally Posted by April

General Electric

2002 Telemundo Communications Group is acquired for $2.7 billion in a deal with an investment group that includes Sony and Liberty Media.
    In a separate deal, Bravo Network is acquired from a deal with Cablevision and MGM for $1.25 billion
    2003 Deal announced between GE and Vivendi Universal to create NBC Universal. In the deal, GE acquires Vivendi Universal's entertainment holdings which include theme parks and Universal Pictures' movie and television studios, and three cable channels (NYT 10/9/03)

Telemundo Stations:
    KVEA/KWHY
    Los Angeles
    WNJU
    New York
    WSCV
    Miami
    KTMD
    Houston
    WSNS
    Chicago
    KXTX
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    KVDA
    San Antonio
    KSTS
    San Jose/San Francisco
    KDRX
    Phoenix
    KNSO
    Fresno
    KMAS
    Denver
    WNEU
    Boston/Merrimack
    KHRR
    Tucson
    WKAQ
    Puerto Rico

CNBC
    MSNBC
    Bravo
    Mun2TV
    Sci-Fi
    USA
    Sleuth
    Oxygen
    Film
    Universal Pictures
    INCREDIBLE... So the plot thickens...

Quote Originally Posted by April

General Electric

www.ge.com
    Holdings Timeline 1878 Thomas Edison forms Edison Electric Light Company
    1892 Edison General Electric Company merges with Thomson-Houston Electric Company to create General Electric Company
    1897 Wireless Telegraph and Signal Company formed by Guglielmo Marconi
    1901 Emile Berliner and Eldridge Johnson form the Victor Talking Machine Company
    1906 David Sarnoff begins working at American Marconi
    1917 U.S. Government begins using GE produced aircraft engines
    1919 Radio Corporation of America (RCA) is created. RCA is formed after the U.S. Government gives control of the wireless industry back to the public sector following World War I. RCA gains the assets of American Marconi and becomes the controlling body of the patents belonging to General Electric, Westinghouse, United Fruit and AT&T
    1926 National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) formed. Sarnoff sees the potential of a nationwide network of radio stations and gets RCA, GE and Westinghouse to invest in the acquisition of WEAF in New York City and WJZ in Newark
    NBC's "Red" and "Blue" networks respectively -as the flagship stations for the new NBC Radio network
    1927 NBC Radio broadcasts the Rose Bowl to nationwide audience
    1929 RCA purchases Victor Talking Machine Company of Camden, NJ for $154 million and begins manufacturing radios and phonographs
    1932 Due to concerns of a growing monopoly, GE and Westinghouse sell off stake in RCA
    1939 NBC introduces television broadcasting at the World's Fair in New York City
    1941 Federal Communications Commission releases its Report on Chain Broadcasting. The report is critical of the growth of broadcast networks and proposes that NBC sell off one of its two networks
    NBC Red & NBC Blue
    1941 NBC receives first license for a commercial television station
    1943 After losing court battles with the FCC over the demand to divest one off its networks, RCA sells of NBC Blue Network to Edward Noble, lifesavers candy creator. Network eventually becomes ABC
    1954 NBC has first color telecast of Rose Bowl parade. Very few people actually see the telecast because there are not that many color sets in use
    1966 RCA purchases Random House
    1973 RCA purchases Ballantine Books
    becomes part of Random House
    1980 RCA sells of Random House to S. I. Newhouse's Advance Publications
    1985 GE acquires NBC as part of a $6.3 billion for RCA
    1986 - GE sells RCA's music division to Bertelsmann
    1989 CNBC is formed
    1996 MSNBC is launched. Cable news network is a joint partnership between GE and Microsoft
    1997 CNBC Asia and Europe are formed.
    1999 GE gains 32% stake in Paxson Communications and its PAX TV network
    Television
    NBC Stations:
    WNBC
    New York
    KNBC
    Los Angeles
    WMAQ
    Chicago
    WCAU
    Philadelphia
    KNTV
    San Jose/San Francisco
    KXAS
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    WRC
    Washington
    WTVJ
    Miami
    KNSD
    San Diego
    WVIT
    Hartford
    WNCN
    Raleigh
    WCMH
    Columbus
    WVTM
    Birmingham
    WJAR
    Providence

Telemundo Stations:
    KVEA/KWHY
    Los Angeles
    WNJU
    New York
    WSCV
    Miami
    KTMD
    Houston
    WSNS
    Chicago
    KXTX
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    KVDA
    San Antonio
    KSTS
    San Jose/San Francisco
    KDRX
    Phoenix
    KNSO
    Fresno
    KMAS
    Denver
    WNEU
    Boston/Merrimack
    KHRR
    Tucson
    WKAQ
    Puerto Rico

CNBC
    MSNBC
    Bravo
    Mun2TV
    Sci-Fi
    USA
    Sleuth
    Oxygen
    Film
    Universal Pictures
    Parks
    Universal Parks & Resorts
    Other General Electric Businesses
    GE Aircraft Engines
    GE Commercial Finance
    GE Consumer Products
    GE Industrial Systems
    GE Insurance
    GE Medical Systems
    GE Plastics
    GE Power Systems
    GE Specialty Materials
    GE Transportation Systems
    This is one big outfit, kind of like Univision.