Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBaztard
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by JadedBaztard
    JadedBaztard
    I forgot to tell you how much I like your new avatar!
    Makes me smile everytime I see it.
    Yeah, I like Cartman's attitude. Right now I'm feeling more like the proverbial crazy *hithouse mouse.
    Yer crackin me up sis
    Glad to be of service!

{hope I don't get mod edited, lol}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I love your little avatars or what ever thy are ...2ndamendsis and JadedBaztard
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Blue,
    Interesting how you "demand respect". I've always been taught that one can only EARN respect. As soon as a demand is made - you automatically lose it. Just like Si Se Peude! UGHH

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    It's good to have a few chuckles while fighting the good fight, RED
    ENJOY!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noyoucannot
    BlueJersey, your personal experience obviously has influenced your opinion on this immigration issue. You seem to be laboring under the misconception that all of these illegals are good-hearted, hard working people who just come here for a better life. You might want to take a look at this website: http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/

On top of that, many of those who come here do not love America, and in fact are very hostile towards America and Americans. They have a "reconquista" mindset. It may not be a majority of them, but it is certainly more than a "fringe."

Immigration policies are set for the benefit of the nation, not the benefit of the people who seek to immigrate. It does not matter what the immigration policies were 100 years ago. Our immigration policies must reflect this country's needs at this time. Also, I might add that 100 years ago, there was no "welfare state." Immigrants who came here had to work or go back home. There was no food stamps, free health care, WIC, subsidized housing, free school lunches and breakfasts. A big difference.

Illegal immigration has had many negative effects on America and its citizens. It is not a "victimless" crime. Overcrowded schools, hospitals, increased crime, drugs, and gangs, DUIs, depressed wages, etc.

Contrary to what you might believe, illegals do not only "take jobs Americans won't do." They also replace American workers or at the very least depress wages for those they don't take jobs away from. Americans have children to feed also. You see, there are two sides to this debate. It's not about being "mean to poor immigrants."

Every country on this planet has the right to expect that their immigration laws are respected and enforced. I do not know why you think that America is the only country that does not have the right to expect that people respect the laws.

You had better hope that this amnesty/guest worker/family reunification does not go through. A little bit of history for you: in 1986 our government granted an amnesty which was supposed to be a one-time, never again proposition. All that accomplished was to encourage more illegals to flood into the country. Now we have at least 20 million illegals in country. Amensty/guest worker will only open up the floodgates even more. Within decades you will no longer recognize this country; it will be the same third world mess that these people claim they are running away from. There will be no more opportunity for anyone.

We all have compassion for the poor. But the poor must be helped inside their own countries. We cannot take in all of the world's poor and oppressed. Those days are over. We have 300,000,000 million people in this country. How many do you think is enough? A half-billion? In addition, these poor people must demand that their own government implement the necessary reforms (eliminate corruption, institute efficient economic policies) to provide their citizens with opportunities. It is not the responsibility of the American people to provide for the entire world's poor. We have many of our own poor and disadvantaged to worry about and with the deluge of illegals it is becoming harder and harder to maintain our schools and other infrastructure. Please try to look at the whole picture.
    Well said!!

Read this one twice, Blue, it's really pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    Could not read much of this dribble either. You seriously underestimate American citizens if you think amnesty is inevitable (learn to spell please).
    That is the problem. Too many underestivmate American citizens.
    If if protest loud enough, we will be heard.
    There will be no amnesty and the immigrations laws will be enforced.

Always admire 2nd's little smiley's etc. Wish I could PM you to find out where in the heck you find all that good stuff.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Youcannot, i respect your views and everything, but i do not agree with none of them.

I understand that i will not change your mind just like you will not change my mind on this issue, but im not here to change minds.Im here to lay out the facts on immigration and debunk a lot of lies ive heard from the anti immigration lobbyists.

One of them is, for every single illegal or legal immigrants to settles in the US, a U.S born citizen gets kicked out of her/his job.

Lets think about this statement above that says for every illegals that comes here, a US citizen get displaced...If this is the case and if we have more illegal immigrant currently living in the U.S then ever before, then there's no way in the world should the unemployment rate be at its lowest in 15 years.

Not Even clinton and the first Bush had this great unemployment rate and this great economy that Bush has.Nd this is with a war, katrina and 9/11.

Now remember, there's more illegals currently in the U.S then ever before..Some moderates put the numbers at about 12 millions whyle Tancredo and the anti-immigration lobbyist says that there's 50 million illegal immigrants presently in the U.S, not counting all the legal immigrants which the anti-immigrantion lobbyist also wants to eliminate.

Now, if the theory is that, more immigration means more american citizens not being able to find jobs, then i just cant explain why in the world would the employment rates be lower today then it was 5, 10 years ago..This doesnt make any sense unless you say that there were more illegal immigrants presently in the US back then then now.

I know what you will say. "No no no, the unemployment rate is at 9% instead of the 4% that the U.S goverment is claiming it to be" and im just sick and tired of those conspiracy theorist claiming that the unemployment rate is at 10%.The same people also claim that Bush and the U.S goverment was behind 9/11.

The economy is doing great and i was watching Fox news the other day and they were talking about how great the economy is doing and how millions of americans will be buying big screen TV sets just to watch the super bowl...The middle class is doing just fine and all this gloom and doom talks by the anti immigration lobbyist are just talks to gain support for their causes and nothing else.

Im doing fine and i do not expect to get paid $30 an hour as a warehouse clerk.I understand that if you kick out all illegal immigrants and force small businesses to overpay for all employees because they cant get enought workers for the price that they are paying,then they will all leave to china or some other countries because you cant tell me those people would be able to survive by tripling my pay.

Like ive said, im not a fool and an extrimist to demand those guys to triple my pay. what im getting paid is set by the market and i believe in a free and fair market...I believe in working hard and moving up the ranks...This is why im in college and cant expect to make the big money now.

The price for picking up the grapes shouldnt be above $20 an hour...I know in the perfect world, we all would love to be overpaid, but if you do that, you would kill the market and this is why i dont agree with this crazy talks about deporting 12 millions people and forcing businesses to overpay for a person that picks up the grapes and lettuce.

In my opinion, the reason why the American people would not do those very hard labor jobs is not because of pay and i personaly think it has to do more with the pain the sweat and constant body movement that has huge effects on the human body....I respect all of them because those jobs demands a lot out of the human body.

Rock ON!!!!!with all these Facts, Truth, Wisdom and Avatars.... Folks
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Always admire 2nd's little smiley's etc. Wish I could PM you to find out where in the heck you find all that good stuff.
    ANNIE
    I'd love to help ya

Pssst......I'm going thru a phase, lol....recently learned how to do it!
    Jean & Dixie walked me thru it so it's like being a little kid in a candy store.

Do you know how to get the little pics into the photo thingy?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast