Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ericthebestmofo
    I did more research on the "Dream Act." It says that it would allow illegals to go to military, and have a path towards citizenship. Do you this is fair, judging with the decreasing numbers in the U.S. military.
    Now you're using your resources. There are channels out there to use. But please let me say this about that channel. When you join the military you may be asked,,,, did I say that? You may be ordered to fight for your country. When ordered to fight for your country there are alot of families counting on you to help their loved ones get home safe. And Vice Versa. He/she doesn't have to, but should first sit down with him/her self and find out if he/she is in it for the right reasons. When you fight, you aren't fighting to be an american, but fighting with america's best interests in mind. In the military he/she would truelly learn the diversity of the brotherhood and have a new respect for this countries state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGoingToTakeItAnymore
    I guess then, that my honest opinion is that most of us have not open our eyes to the truth. Most of us dont want to share the wealth to those deserving. Many dont feel bad at all, but how can you say that. I used to be against illegal aliens. But this student open my eyes to reality. We need them. illegal aliens have become the backbone of the U.S. as much as some might oppose this idea, its the truth. The truth hurts. That's why most of you oppose it.

Yeah, we need 'em all right. I just don't know how we got along without them for so long We don't have a problem "sharing the wealth" as you call it as long as we're sharing with other Americans. We send more money to other countries than any other nation on the planet, too. How much money do you suppose mesyco, for example, sends to other countries to help out?? Can you say "zero"?

Illegal aliens are the backbone of the U.S.A.???? You're delusional. You wouldn't know the truth if it smacked you in the forehead.

I repeat....
    I guess you can say they are the backbone. They did dig most the footers on the buildings/decks/etc.

I guess then, that my honest opinion is that most of us have not open our eyes to the truth. Most of us dont want to share the wealth to those deserving. Many dont feel bad at all, but how can you say that. I used to be against illegal aliens. But this student open my eyes to reality. We need them. illegal aliens have become the backbone of the U.S. as much as some might oppose this idea, its the truth. The truth hurts. That's why most of you oppose it.
    The REASON we "need" them as you say - is because of the COMPANIES wanting more profit.. the FAT CATS get fatter.. pay less wages and yet STILL raise prices. NO SIR.. The problem is NOT us..

I have an idea - Why don't we start putting the blame where it needed.. With the BOSS... Year after year they take a bigger bonus.. while the worker gets a scrap.. (this is nothing new) but it's getting crazier - every year the BONUS to the BOSS gets bigger and bigger as if it's a SPORT for the CEO'S to see who can get the TROPHY.. (the bigger BONUS)

Now - I ask you - WHERE IS THE MONEY for the labor force that MADE ALL THE MONEY in the first place. How much of a raise did you get? Did your insurance (if you even have any) get better or was it replaced bt a lesser valued program...

I'll tell you MY TRUTH.. I feel a LITTLE SORRY for the illegal's - The government and BIG BUSINESS hung out a steak out and yelled (COME AND GET IT!) and they came a running.. However.. while I feel a "little" sorry - The law is the law and WE JUST PLAIN CAN NOT AFFORD TO TAKE ON ALL PROBLEMS OF THE WORLD.. Lets fix our own problems first.. Then maybe go and HELP our neighbors fix their problems IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY..

AMERICA.. Lets get back to the BASICS.. BASIC MATH, READING (english!) then lets HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE like in the old days.. From the punk kids on the street (and school) to the President of the UNITED STATES.. and all points in between...

If we do this.. MAYBE people like you (ericthebestmofo) would not have to be helping these kids get into school.. Maybe their parents will be doing it.. Parents in USA can help their kids get into AMERICAN SCHOOLS and Parents in MEXICO can help get their students in schools in MECICAN SCHOOLS... Parents need to ACCOUNTABLE.. Parents need to grow up. (OMG - yes I said it!)

It's NOT that hard really - Illegal is illegal... ENFORCE THW LAWS and stop acting like the United States can not get along without cheap workers... going this route is not good for the US and it's even worse for the Mexican workers... (share the wealth) STOP THE GREED.

The BIGGEST thing we need to address now (after killing this cow dung bill yesterday) is SPEAKING ENGLISH IN AMERICA... If you ARE AMERICAN - SPEAK ENGLISH.. Save your previous (note - "previous"...) language for talk in your HOUSE.. behind closed doors... or at least keep it to a low hush... AMERICANS DON'T WANT IT RAMMED DOWN OUT THROATS and you make us believe you are NOT WITH US when you show us such dis-respect.. AMERICANS do day in day out business in ENGLISH.

Companies need to STOP with the spanish as well.

NOPE - no si.. I'm not putting up with all these sob stories either...

If you do NOT LIKE it.. Too bad. See ya! Don't let the gate (fence) hit you on the ass on your way back to the country of Mexico.. A country that IS SO great - PEOPLE are risking everything to leave.

Go back home - GET IN LINE.. There are MILLIONS of immigrants that are trying to get here - THAT WANT to be AMERICANS... and are willing to do it by the book. They are willing to SPEAK ENGLISH too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Thanks, Dagmar.

You gave me an idea. How about we charge to show them how they can fight Calderon to get their country back. We could even publish a how to manual titled, "How To Get Your Country Back." That way we would get some of our money back.
    That's an excellent idea, we could charge the businesses that hired them here to produce it.
    Democracy for Dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by caasduit
    I came to this country legally and resent the bleeding heart attitude of some Americans. they need to look further than the end of their noses to find the truth. My father had to come here first, we were separated until he was situated and could afford to send for us. He had a sponser and a job lined up before he came. There were no special classes that cost the taxpayers billions, we did not collect food stamps, or any other aid whatsoever. My father believed in America and Americans, we proudly became citizens. We can celebrate our heritage, but we are definately Americans.

I see those reconquista followers in LA and it makes me sick. They yell we hate America and we hate Americans, we'll we hate you to, and that attitude does not make for a good patriot. I now know they are there and can't be trusted. They cut their own throats when they marched for the first time. I will fight this to the bitter end if need be. But you will not sully my country and run it into the ground.

As for the school students in LA, they need to shut down the Academia Semillas, a Mexican separatist school in LA. the school is paid for by tax payers dollars, aided by meCHA and LA Raza. They have the lowest test scores in the state. Out of twelve teachers only 1 has full credentials. they teach Aztec math, how usefull is that in the work a day world today. they are teaching rewritten history to suit themselves. We did not steal the southwest from Mexico, get a life.
    Welcome Caasduit,

I thank you and your father for doing it the right way. Thank you for being Americans first.

One of the reasons this fight is so very important is for those who have come to this country LEGALLY. What an absolute spit in the face this proposed bill was to those who waited in line, played by the rules and who did it to be an American not just live in America for the freebies.

You guys are all awesome and may I say welcome to all the new folks...I see...Rock on!!!! Great responses to one poster...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

What about the kids who's parents make slightly more than what it takes to get any financial help, but simply could not afford to pay for college? Do they get a "Dream Act"? No none do, they all have to get loans and finance their way if they want to go, and most end up not going for that very reason, they cannot afford to be in debt that heavily when they get out of college.
    My daughter graduated from UGA (go Dawgs) 4 years ago and she and us (her parents) are still paying off the loans. Now she wants to go to RX school and we will pay off those loans too. Wish I had some "Dream" money to help. But my ancestors came her in 1750 legally so I don't qualify for freebies and neither should illegals.
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Hello Everybody!!!!

Well after reading those comments I am shocked. Sure some may call me a newbie, but I been coming to this website as long as I can remember. I just finnaly decided to sign up to see others opinion in one of my students case. But thanks to the great response, I've seen the pros and the cons about the "Dream Act." I know that I am wealthy, but I guess we should put our kids before any others. I dont have children yet, so I dont really know much about that. I know he is a very deserving student, that's why I made some calls today in the morning, and I got him 5,000 scholarship. Sure it might not be a lot, but I guess it would give him a head start. The reason why I felt sympathy for this kid was because I've known him for 4 years. I did go a little off the line with my "honest opinion" I was just furious at one of Dixie's comments that expressed her opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions, so keep up the response. And for those that I've offended, it was not my intention, sorry. All I want is to see others opinion on the topic not on ME. I've been in many debates in my life, but not on the other side. THANKS!!!! For the great Response.

Re: Changing my mind?.......

Hello, I was against the immigration reform; but I've noticed that something must be done. lets be realistic it would be impossible to deport 12+ million people, but if we must sacrifice some poeple to ensure that no more in the future would come would be a great investment. I also had a change in opinion due to one of my students. I am an AVID coordinator helping students go to college, but how can I help this student who was brought here as a child and must suffer through his parents mistakes because he cant qualify for financial aid. I dont think it's fair that some illegal immigrants, that deserve to be in here have to be categorize with the overall perspective of illegal immigrants. I know that we are against giving 12+ million people citizenship, including myself but shouldnt we let people like one of my students an opputunity. After all, they would just help increase the economy for the U.S> He told me about the "Dream Act" and how it can help him and others in his position. I am against legalizing 12+ million people. But I am for the Dream Act.

What do you think?.... I know that there are many conservative people, but we would never be able to beat illegal immigrants without making some sacrifices.
    OK, but answer me this: What child of a citizen must be denied access to benefit the child of an illegal? I would really like an answer on that.

I am not a teacher. I'm just an Avid coordinator. I just specialize in helping students ascend to college.
    Well then how about helping them descend back to Mexico...

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast