Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EVERY legal American should be protesting no matter what nationality they are. Illegals of any kind do not belong here, and they certainly don't deserve any benefits. I should have a say in who uses my money. And secondly, most people from other countries assimilate into our current culture. We aren't printing everything in Chinese and then Italian and German and so on....They are not protesting our government and making ridiculous demands. They know that everyone is welcome here as long as they want to be an AMERICAN and abide by our laws. We don't have a problem with Mexicans wanting to be Americans, we have a problem with Mexicans that want to bring Mexico here...or from any other country for that matter. We have a proud heritage and a proud culture, we don't need people coming here telling us that we should change it.

Thank you Neese, at least there is someone here i can agree with on the subject.

As far as 2ndamendsis. Yes there is a problem that you are unaware of. I am not going to argue with someone who is going to nit pick every comma, and period in my post. After teaching for 19 years, i think i have earned the right not to use a spelling check on a Saturday evening. I' am so sorry for taking a night off

I hope you will not call me unAmerican because i didnt post a period at the end of a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by RonnickJ
    Thank you Neese, at least there is someone here i can agree with on the subject.

As far as 2ndamendsis. Yes there is a problem that you are unaware of. I am not going to argue with someone who is going to nit pick every comma, and period in my post. After teaching for 19 years, i think i have earned the right not to use a spelling check on a Saturday evening. I' am so sorry for taking a night off
    This is not an argument, Ron.

You made an accusation about Alipac and have been requested to validate your comment. If you can't back up your words, then you can admit it. However, you're NOT going to accuse anyone here of something that is not valid.

So, after your 19 years in the teaching profession, I'm certain that you understand exactly what this discussion is about.

If your idea is to come here and have a decent discussion, that's fine.
    But, Ron......you're very first post was ill conceived. You were rude and nasty. Then came an unfounded accusation and Ron, that won't stand.

Now, care to back up your words, Teach?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Ron,

Please respond to the original request for documentation of your argument before starting ANOTHER one. You have painted with a rather broad brush and should either prove your accusation or retract it. That's how men are supposed to behave in a civilized society.

As for your statement that dragon5 'instigated' his situation, he has every right to protest peacefully WHEREVER HE CHOOSES. Americans are REQUIRED to tolerate peaceful protest, it's the obligation that comes with free speech. NO ONE has the right to stifle that speech, especially through violence and intimidation.

Why dont i ever read posts where protest are staged in other ethnic neigborhoods? Why dont you protest in Chinatown? Why not protest in Little Italy?... You are not implying, that we dont have any illegals from China, or Italy living in US are you?
    This little gem is a classic. Since Latinos make up over 70% of ALL illegal immigration, it's not hard to imagine WHY they receive the most attention. Latinos make up about 40% of visa overstays and over 98% of illegal border crossings.

Latino illegal aliens tend to concentrate themselves in select neighborhoods and 'barrio-ize' them, dropping the property values and irritating their American neighbors. You don't see other ethnicities of illegal aliens acting in this manner.

If you've ever had 8 TOTAL STRANGERS jump in the back of your pick-up UNINVITED because you stopped at the stop sign leaving Home Depot, you probably noticed a Latino face on EVERY torso.

When you watched the marches back in April, you saw millions of Mexican flags, along with the flags of many other Latin American countries, with a dash of the 'Hammer and Sickle' thrown in for good measure. You've also seen American flags turned upside-down and flown below the Buzzard Rag at a California high school, and the American flag REPLACED by that buzzard atop the Maywood, Ca. Post Office.

And you somehow have the audacity to act surprised that there is a backlash against Latinos.

Scenario # 2 Paul came to US ILLEGALY with his mother and father at the age of 4. Has been an honor roll student throughout his schooling, joy to have in the community, never in trouble etc etc. His parents scrapped every penny they had to send him to college, which he completes. Now Paul is a very promising individual, say i dont know in Biology research or something, but can't offer his talents because there is no way he can adjust his status legally
    And who paid to have this honor student educated?? Healthcare??
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

RonnickJ

I am going to give you one more Chance to read the forum rules. Your first post was an attack on a fellow member. I personally think your a troll and not a very good one at that. So watch your step. I will be watching.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Ron, I can't help but to think that you have been misinformed. But, I am glad that you are here so you can understand why we feel the way that we do. It is important to get the facts straight and to help others understand that this is not a problem about race, but it is a problem regarding the law. People should also have an allegiance, first and foremost to the United States. If they don't, they are not considered an American, even if they are legal.

Why? Maybe this will help.

dragon5 you are a great American! We should all have such courage of conviction.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by RonnickJ
    Why dont i ever read posts where protest are staged in other ethnic neigborhoods? Why dont you protest in Chinatown? Why not protest in Little Italy?... You are not implying, that we dont have any illegals from China, or Italy living in US are you?
    To the best of my knowledge, all the protests (or the ones I know about) have been at day labor sites. Are there Asian or South American sites? If so, they should certainly be protested as well.

Personally, I don't care how badly anyone (German, Italian, Nigerian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Irish, ect.) here ILLEGALLY wants to assimilate, they should be sent home to wait at the back of the line.

I looked for info on illegal immigration by country and came up with:
    http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:hMh ... =clnk&cd=8

There are about 10.3 million unauthorized migrants estimated to be living in the United States as of March
    2004. Of these, about 5.9 million or 57% are from Mexico. The rest of Latin America (mainly Central
    America) accounts for another 2.5 million or about one-quarter of the total. Asia, at about 1.0 million,
    represents 9%. Europe and Canada account for 6% and Africa and Other about 4%.
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/31/illegal.immigration/

The figures show that between October 1996 and January 2000, the number of illegal immigrants grew from about 5.8 million to about 7 million, an increase of more than 300,000 annually.

The proportion of the illegal immigrants who are Mexican has increased to nearly 70 percent from less than 60 percent, the INS said.
    Personally, I tend to believe the later is more accurate. After all, who knows more about IAs than INS?

I don't know about everybody else, but I learned the National Anthem from my first grade teacher when teachers taught Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whoa, you have been through more drama today then I have in the last ten years. I admire your guts/chutzphah. So far I am only a keyboard warrior.

Many hispanic families DO NOT use car seats. I did not see one young child in a car seat, this is not just illegal it is highly unsafe for those children.

I'm quoting from you and wondering. In Illinois it is the law to have car seats until the child is a certain age or weight. How about other states? I hear a lot on my scanner about police stopping cars with kids not in carseats. I see myself many kids not in seats -I guess it's time to start reporting this. While stopped they would probably have their license and insurance checked as well -and thousands of drivers in my town just don't have this... but this is certainly a legal way to stop them.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast