Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I suspect this site is being 'visited' by some Freepers, maybe???

Also, a lot of people in American speak Spanish. In Texas, we have had friends, neighbors, and family members who are of Mexican decent all our lives.

So if you speak another language - good for you - but in America, you should NOT have to learn the language of someone who is here illegally or lgeally - just to get or keep a job in America. It is just that simple.

Now, as a matter of pure survival, my husband is teaching our grandchildren Spanish. Whatever comes out of Washington, it won't be total removal of the illegals. I don't think it will be the removal of ANY of them.

Our schools teach their children English - but do not teach our children Spanish. Oh, in Texas, they have 2 years in high school of how to conjugate verbs in Spanish - but most kids come out able to ask 'Where's the bathroom?' and nothing more.

As for the untold fortune the government has in unpaid SS - garbage!!!!

Friends, SS doesn't have ANYTHING - paid by illegals or otherwise.

But this President said, some time ago, he was going to see to it that any illegal who had come to the US and worked, paid SS and gone back home, would be found and paid the SS they deserved.

So, that huge fortune in SS is just another falsehood - it doesn't pass the giggle test.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And as long as those companies keep doing that- guess what? There will be no need for them to ever learn english.
    Well, you are right , of course. But to me, it is the illegals who mostly can't speak English and that means the big companies are catering to illegal aliens. US citizens have to prove they have a working knowledge of English before they can get citizenship, last I knew. Or did that change?

Yes, Clinton fixed us right up by forcing us to hire traslators for illegals in court. Now I wish the court would do their part and start deporting them. That would eliminate the need for most of the translators, wouldn' it?

i realize that once in awhile a visitor to this country might need a translator. And as long as they are a legal visitor with a legitimate reason to be here, then I have no problem with that. But they don't need to be students in our schools if they can't speak our language, they don't need to be citizens, for certain, if they can't speak our language.

And I'd really like to know why it is just Spanish-speaking people who aren't expected to use English. To me, that smacks of prefertential treatment. I admit that I am not exactly fluent in Spanish but I will tell you that I won't so much as use the word "gracias" to anyone other than one neighbor who is a naturalized citizen who seems to be losing her command of the English language as well as other mental faculties in her old age.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr

1)Well, you are right , of course. But to me, it is the illegals who mostly can't speak English and that means the big companies are catering to illegal aliens. US citizens have to prove they have a working knowledge of English before they can get citizenship, last I knew. Or did that change?

2)But they don't need to be students in our schools if they can't speak our language, they don't need to be citizens, for certain, if they can't speak our language.

3)And I'd really like to know why it is just Spanish-speaking people who aren't expected to use English. To me, that smacks of prefertential treatment. .
    1)That has not changed and you are right. They ARE catering to illegals. For money, which is all our companies and government cares about.

2) I agree

3)Like I said in my previous post. Money. I'm sure the Spanish speaking population (illegal or not) is larger than the French speaking or the German speaking- and in my opinion by continuing to offer every service in spanish and hiring only bilingual employees these companies are the main reason why spanish speakers will not assimilate. They have no reason to. My grandfather came to this country 60 years ago, and guess what? there was no spanish spoken anywhere- so he HAD to learn the language.

I'm going to put my 2 cents in here

Condurring with everything said above about the terrible burden put on our infrastructure by illegals and the depression of wages, and concurring that there are good and bad people among the illegals, I put the MAIN BLAME on our own American Corporations, the American well-to-do, and Government Corruption

The problem is profit-driven. Someone mentioned that people who can afford a Lincoln Navigator are not the ones affected adversely by the illegal situation. That is VERY true. American stockholders LOVE their extra profits - American companies LOVE their cheap labor that they can drive HARDER and demand MORE from. Who are the people being phtographed picking up daylaborers outside of Home Depot? Americans!! and most of them are white! ANd they feel justified because they have experienced GOUGING by American companies in the past. $100. to show up at the door - who hasn't been there when there is an emergency home repair to be done?

The Good Book says that the reproaches of a friend are worth more than the buttered tongue of a flatterer(paraphrase). And I'm going to reproach my BELOVED American people.

I'm sorry to say that Americans are NOT united for America. There is a cynical ME-FIRST attitude, more pointedly, a MY PROFIT FIRST attitude.
    If they can get a cheaper installation - the h*ll with the good of our country! If their corporation or their investments are showing record earnings - to h*ll with the country!

THERE HAS BEEN A DEGENERATION OF THE AMERICAN CHARACTER WE HAVE TO FACE UP TO. G-d is not mocked! We will reap what we have sown! IF AMERICAN COMPANIES HAVE KEPT BACK THE WAGES OF STRANGERS - do you think we will escape judgement for this? If American Companies have been allowed to create a situation where they can put the POOR of other countries into a double-bind in order to create a profitable situation for themselves - DO YOU THINK AMERICA WILL ESCAPE JUDGEMENT FOR THAT? G-d chastens most severely those whom HE LOVES.

Our immigration laws are a jungle of corruption. The INS has been KNOWN to enforce the laws - or threaten to - only to keep illegal farmworkers in a state of passivity to their conditions. They have been KNOWN to work in conjunction WITH big business to scare workers who might think of joining Unions - setting a "government" agency as a henchman of corporate forces.

The majority of the Well-to-do could care LESS if we (we less-well-off Americans) have to struggle to survive in a nightmare of third-world conditions they are importing.

I certainly don't condone in anyway the presence of the illegals here, - But I do say we need to OPEN OUR EYES to the TRAITORS, and to AMERICAN Government Corruption that have allowed this to happen to our country.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    DCSA, I agree completely about the greed and corruption. It is the pinnacle of the problem.

I want to give an example of greed. The complex we live in is a bit older. The landlord who owns it is a slumlord. He will not put a single penny into it. The apartment buildings have are so infested with cockroaches, some of the illegal renters have moved out.

Early one morning my husband was taking the garbage out. This young guy stopped him and asked him if he lived here, he had seen him before. My husband said yes. This guy asked to borrow our cat for a couple of days. My husband was kind of puzzled. This guy asked if we had a problem with mice? My husband answered no. He said "because of the cat, right?". "Yes" my husband said.

"We have the mice too" this guy said (his English was good, but a bit broken). So he ushered my husband into their apartment. The garbage can was near the front door and he had their kitchen torn apart trying to get at the holes under his kitchen sink, he showed those to my husband.
    Then he put his finger to his lips for my husband to be quiet for a minute, then he banged his foot on the floor. Two huge rats jumped out of the garbage and ran into the holes.

My husband flipped out, and said "those are rats, not mice". The guy said oh, yeah I forget how to say it. He told him that our cat could not help with those.

This guy said he had been talking to the landlord about it for a month and nothing had been done yet. He had been trying to catch them at night and kill them with a baseball bat! They have a baby in the place.

At this point all the landlord has done is to patch the holes under the sink and ones in the laundry room next door. But no abatement has been ordered, and he won't. An example of his cheapness. There is a busted main sewer drain pipe under our kitchen in the crawl space (you could smell it!) and he had his maintenance guy wrap it with plastic and duct tape. He still has not fixed it, and we will have to force him to most likely by getting a lawyer (from an advocacy agency).

We live in duplexes not attached to the apartments, so we do not have the mice, roach and rat problems they are facing (although our new neighbors did bring roaches with them initially, we forced the landlord to hire a pro to spray). The mice in the walls and ceilings are so bad in the apartments you can here them scurrying around in the night!

The reason this man is like this, greed. He wants only to profit and not spend a penny. He likes renting to the illegals because he knows they do not know their rights as renters (and yes although they are illegal they do have them here). He counts on them not rocking the boat as they fear reprisals of eviction from him.

This is one of the many bad things coming from illegal immigration, predators like this landlord that prey on their lack of knowledge about laws in America, and he knows they know as illegals they have very little they can do, but move, and hey, he'll find another tenant just like them to get his rents from.

Just in the same case, their are employers like this guy. They all should be criminally punished for what they do. It is one of the main ways to get the illegals to go home, and if they like, come back legally, then life would be much better for them, as no one could take advantage of them in these ways.

It is all about getting rich on the backs of the illegals, and I for one am tired of being lumped in with these white employers who are greedy. I am just as "financially" strapped as most of these illegals. We as a white family do not have special privelages because we are white, it does not work that way here in America, except if you're a corporation owner, then you have privelages others do not!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

certainly don't condone in anyway the presence of the illegals here, - But I do say we need to OPEN OUR EYES to the TRAITORS, and to AMERICAN Government Corruption that have allowed this to happen to our country.
    I can't dispute that. Just the number of eligible voters who turn up at the polls when it comes time to vote screams out what you said is true.

I'm not sure why the American people can't seem to get together on anything. I think on September 11, 12, and 13, 2001, we were one nation, indivisible, for the first time since November 22, 1963. But it wasn't long before the people started squabbling again. And I can see why. Some actually believe our own government engineered 9-11.

I can't say that I am ready to throw in the towel and say our system of government isn't good but I have long believed that the majority of the people who are IN those government positions are there for no other reason than the perceived power. Now we are going to be forced to show them who REALLY wields the power in this country and we have to hound the daylights out of that huge segment of the population who think their votes don't count.

And, by the way, the way things are today, I don't believe our vote for President counts, either. I think the seat is bought and paid for and that is why we haven't had any candidates who represent the people in that race for years. We can't afford to let go of the rest of the Senate on top of the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    I put the MAIN BLAME on our own American Corporations, the American well-to-do, and Government Corruption

The problem is profit-driven. Someone mentioned that people who can afford a Lincoln Navigator are not the ones affected adversely by the illegal situation. That is VERY true. American stockholders LOVE their extra profits - American companies LOVE their cheap labor that they can drive HARDER and demand MORE from. Who are the people being phtographed picking up daylaborers outside of Home Depot? Americans!! and most of them are white! ANd they feel justified because they have experienced GOUGING by American companies in the past. $100. to show up at the door - who hasn't been there when there is an emergency home repair to be done?
    Thank you for posting this It's refreshing to see someone use their intelligence and common sense in this matter. Bashing other people's culture is not going to resolve the issue. As long as The people who control America refuse to change- then it won't matter that you deport millions of people- they will come back- again, and again.

Quote Originally Posted by diana717
    I don't associate with criminals.
    Diana you don't associate with criminals? Wow I am surprised of alot of you here. I am a Latina and never read so much hate in my fellow Americans til today. I see alot of rednecks in here, not all are bad but some of you really are wrong.

with 51% ov the county where I live comprised of illegal aliens according to a recent study by the local univeristy, I can't avoid associating with criminals. It is just that I don't know who's who. As someone was amused to point out, some of the illegals speak perfect English and some of the naturalized citizens who were supposed to be able to speak English to get their citizenship papers refuse to speak English. Soooo, there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ObserverUSA
    I'm not gonna dismiss those here who have dealt with them. But I for one have had no problem in terms of losing work to them. Just the Spanish language thing from the mail pre-sort business, but that was more of a language issue. I had no problem finding full time work from a temp work agency of all places, full time work using only the English language and some general computer skills like typing and data entry common sense. Keep looking and you'll find work.
    God Bless you.
    You are right there are jobs out their but everyone wants what the illegals have and that is pure selfishness.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast