Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    My point is that the only reason they do it is because they are being hired. The minute these companies stop hiring them, they will stop coming. Getting rid of millions of people and prosecuting them, is a lot more difficult and time consuming then prosecuting the thousands of people that hire them.

Corporations and big business will ALWAYS hire anyone willing to work for cheap wages. Mexicans are not the big US commodity as they claim to be but are rather a liability and expense for businesses because THAT is how business views any employee. Payroll in any form is an expense to businesses, so faced with the choice of hiring an American at a decent living wage and an illegal immigrant willing to work for peanuts, who do you think will get the job?

Laws must be enforced to fine and penalize the companies that hire illegals. Then they will leave of their own accord because there will be no work for them.
    But before even doing that, US borders must be sealed.

Somebody above said something about parking a car in Latin America on the street. In Latin America you cannot normally park a car on a street because it will disappear or the tires will at least. Everything is behind a wall or a gate including the car! In Colombia, at the shopping malls, they look under the car with mirrors for bombs before you can enter the parking lot.

Armed guards in wealthy neighborhoods are very common. Shotguns not hand guns and police with Uzis in front of the banks in Caracas, Venezuela. In a bank in Cali, Colombia a guard walked back and forth with a shotgun just inside the front of the doors. In one bank in Bogota, you walk in one little door and it is a metal detector. When cleared a second door opens. You get used to this but this is Latin America!

When you invite the POOR and uneducated you get a lot of filth and crime and bad habits learned there come here.

It is mostly bad education but those who come here on LEGAL visas and overstay that visa are the better educated from those countries.

Quote Originally Posted by illegal
    Don't hate Illegals, hate the system that allowed Them to come,to work,etc. The system created by your AMERICAN LEADERS.The Goverment who is benefiting from illegals by collecting taxes and social security.The goverment is sitting on $500 billion in social security paid by illegals ,$7 billion paid in taxes each year.But you don't hear this on the new often....
    Hey, illegal, we've been hearing about that $7 Billion a year for years now. So tell me you think the US Government is sitting on $500 Billion in social security paid by illegals at the rate of $7 Billion a year?

Lets see how many years has that been accumulating at $7 Billion a year?

You expect the American People to believe the US Government has been stockpiling a $500 Billion Social Security fund for the past 71 years?

Take a math course so you don't fall for this crap; then post it and make a "silly" out of yourself.

"Don't hate illegals"?

Why would anyone hate an illegal?

We want illegals to go home.

That is not "hate".

That is the law and will of the American People.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    luvthewater, I agree with you about the bad habits and bringing them here.

I see them outside in our complex drinking alcohol (public drinking) and then instead of going inside, they just stand on the side of the building and pee right there in broad daylight, with kids around (HELLO, EXPOSING YOURSELF, INDECENY!!??...).

We lived in one area of our town for years, it started attracting all the illegals, due to rundown apartments and landlords needing desperate tenants. There was a grocery store, run by Kroger (it's Fred Meyers) and they had so much problem with theft there, the corporation finally shut down that store location. They said they were taking too many losses there.

Their little kids will walk away with our kids things if they are left out, and when you try to get it back, the parents get all upset with you!! I suppose they feel if their kid could make it all the way home with it in their hands, then it's theirs? This also happens in the grocery stores, the smile as their little kids walk out with things they did not have to pay for.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have hired illegal aliens during my time as an employer. I didn't know it until the derelict federal government notifies me almost 6 or more months after the hire. Then we have this problem.
    the problem for me is:
    Trust
    How do you ever know when this or these workers are ever going to misuse your trust again? If you think about it, they lied, cheated, defrauded and covered up just for a job. A 13 dollar an hour job with health benefits. What would someone like that do for my bank account or my truck, or heaven forbid,....one of my family members if they coveted that or were driven to it by the same circumstances that they felt justified the deed we are discussing?
    And they are to be the backbone of Americas future?
    Sure I know them now. I've been to their apartments; rode for days with them to get to jobsites and then spent weeks working with them there. I've watched their kids start growing up here.
    But then you find out one ran a border checkpoint with a car and almost mowed down a BP officer in the process. And instead of standing up for the crime and punishment, you discover he has been hiding and living under a false identity.
    Just for a 13 dollar an hour job.
    No...I am not going to trust this person with the future of America.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

One of the keys to stopping illegal immigration is to make it more appealing to return to your country than to remain in the states. Illegal aliens need a place to live. If landlords were to enforce their screening rules and refuse to rent to individuals with no credit, rental history and background information, then all of the sudden living in the US is not such a good idea. This country does not have limitless resources, Even now we are experiencing water shortages in many states. Can anyone imagine the traffic congestion 40 years from now when the US population will climb to over 450 million

Yes Illegal I did talk with one recently. I had a flat driving through Bryan. He was attempting to mount my spare under my truck with the valve stem up. I tried to explain to him that it needed to point down so that I could check the tire pressure from time to time. When they are doing jobs that Americans will not do you might want to double check their work. Remember Mexico has no space program.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    tinasdad, I can empathize with that!! You have described our landlord to a "T". He is from Romania, and loves to rent to illegals. He takes in a $40.00 "application" fee, and then does no checking and who knows who he has rented to.

Lately, since the manager left, and there is not a manager, units are passed around like used furniture. They go from one group to the next group, and the landlord does not even know who is living there ,so long as he is getting his money.

You say, "my Lord people, why are you then living there?". Well it's econimics. When we moved here it was not so bad, and real fast we lost the manager and then things slid down in lightning speed. We are the last of two American holdouts in the complex. Boy have they tried, along with the sleazy landlord, try to frustrate us into moving, which we cannot even afford to think of. The landlord does not like renting to us as it seems that all the things he could get away with, he is getting into trouble for (hmmm, wonder who had been informing the authorities?).

This landlord knows that if he can get all illegals in here, and no Americans, he will not have to put a penny into these plaes, let them fall apart, and still rent them out to desperate illegals. However, recently, even the illegals have gotten fed up and are leaving for those reasons (we live in one of the duplexes, the apartments are REALLY bad). One young guy stopped my husband early one morning about borrowing our 15 pound cat to kill the rats in his place!!!!! Another guy moved out in a day after several years living here, the cockroaches were so bad it got to him, he knew there was no hope, they were falling out of the ceiling onto his head in the shower.

Like I said, we're in a duplex and removed from all of that, mostly, but still, it will make its way down here, even the rats (here in the NW, they are huge!!).

So yes, get on the landlord like this one, put them out of business. Big fines and all to make then stop renting to illegals. Yet I plan to play both ends from the middle, I plan to have a group come out to tell the illegals what they as renters have a right to for their money, so if they feel disgusted enough to realize they do not have to put up with those apartments, they will move and then this poor man (because he has so much integrity!!!!!) will go out of business!!

Thats another way of dealing with landlords like this too.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm totally shocked with this thread! What is up with you people???

Let me give you a crash course.

Everyone wants to scream 'Illegal', as if no one has ever broken a law here in the good ole US of A.

First off I watched all the debates on MSNBC and the most validating comment made tonight was the fact that alot of the soldiers fighting for the US right now carry Hispanic last names. Recruiting materials are even printed en Espanol! Need I say more, I feel I must.

Mexicans work crappy jobs whether it be in the fields harvesting food, construction work digging trenches or in dangerous factories that pay next to nothing where Americans will not work. Some are payed more than other but for the majority, minimum wage or less is what is taken home.

Mexicans are not allowed a drivers license, like the rest of the population ... they need to get from point A to point B. When they drive, usually they're caught and forced to pay high fines

Mexicans are not allowed the luxury of health insurance or Medicaid. When they're hurt on the job ... they don't get workers compensation, they bite the bullet and pay for services rendered.

Mexicans don't get paid vacations, sick days and if an employer chooses not to pay them, there's nothing they can do.

YET ... those that are paid with a paycheck usually use a fake S.S. #, taxes are taken from those paychecks, taxes that they will never be able to claim, taxes that the government gets, taxes that no one knows what the government does with them.

YET ... Mexicans pay for local taxes because like the rest of us when they buy a car they must register the vehicle with the DMV and insure the vehicle. If you've never tried to get coverage using a Mexican license then you've never really saw outrageous rates!

YET ... Immigrant children attend school, most do not speak English and even though their parents pay local taxes the children are not accomodated in any way, they're simply thrown into a classroom and expected to miraculously learn English unless they live in Texas or Chicago in highly populated Hispanic areas, rural America does not have accomodations for these kids. It's a sad scenario.

The list goes on and on, it's endless.

I have a stake in immigration reform because my husband is Mexican, he's been in the US illegally for ten years and his only wish is to see his mom one day. He misses his parents and it's so hard for me to come to grips with that.

The immigration process is ridiculous, most people think that when an 'illegal' marries a US citizen that they automatically gain the right to live in the US ... that's so not true. Things have changed.

We applied over a year ago and still have no word on our case. According to immigration standards my husband is classified as an EWI, meaning that he "entered without inspection". That means that if our petition is approved my husband will travel to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico for an interview where he will be denied because he is EWI.

Then I'll file a waiver where my husband will be forced to reside in Mexico for 6 months to a year hoping the waiver will be approved, all the while paying hundreds of dollars for each immigration process.

My family can't be separated, our 4 year old would literally die without his daddy, he's crazy about him! Our children were born here in America, they attend American schools and they speak English ... are we supposed to pack up and go to Mexico too? Our home is here in the US.

It's so complicated and to be quite honest, when I think of my husband's interview it scares me to death to think of the choices we will have to make at that time and it's not fair.

I love my husband, I love my kids and I've dealt with snarly looks and ignorant comments for years. Why should I be forced to validate my marriage because my husband is Mexican and why should I be discrimated against in my own country?

Sometimes I feel like a second class citizen in my country. Then when I read posts like some of the ones in this thread, my heart drops to my feet when I think of the challenges my mixed children will experience in their lifetime. If I had've married a black man, would things be easier?

America was started from the dreams of immigrants that traveled remarkable distances to get here and I think it's a real slap in their face to continue punishing immigrants.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man and to this day, people still mock his words. He was a man of great vision and his dream is still alive in the hearts of so many, including mine.

I'm an American too, so are my kids and we are entitled to the same fairness in this country that so many of you gripers enjoy ... so is my husband.

Immigration has to change, instead of griping about the problems ... why not live with what is and unite to make compromises to solve the problems our great government has created for us.

I'm not angry with anyone that has expressed their views in this forum, I just want you to understand our situation and what immigration reform means to my family. It would be nice if my husband could just drive me to work one day or pick our children up from school, drop off the payment for the light bill or run out at midnight for a bottle of Tylenol at Walgreens for me!

If we could claim the earned income credit on our taxes, maybe we could take the kids on a vacation, buy a new lawn mower or build on to our house.

Small things that so many people take for granted would be huge at our house, hopefully one day these things will happen and people will see the bigger picture.

L_G

Lisita_Guapita

Let me give you a crash course, before I send you on your Merry Way.

Mexicans work crappy jobs whether it be in the fields harvesting food, construction work digging trenches or in dangerous factories that pay next to nothing where Americans will not work. Some are payed more than other but for the majority, minimum wage or less is what is taken home.
    So I guess, I do crappy jobs, since I work contruction and I am in the trenches a lot. I guess it is more dangerous for Illegals to work in a factory then an American Citizen. I don't think so.
    It has nothing to do with Mexicans, Unless there here Illegaly.

Mexicans are not allowed a drivers license, like the rest of the population ... they need to get from point A to point B. When they drive, usually they're caught and forced to pay high fines
    Well if an Illegal would have taken the time to come here legally. Then there is no problem in getting Drivers lincense. Ask my Wife. She is here legally.

Mexicans are not allowed the luxury of health insurance or Medicaid. When they're hurt on the job ... they don't get workers compensation, they bite the bullet and pay for services rendered.
    Yet Illegals go to the emerncy rooms, and don't pay the bills. Fact that is the reason. Hospitals are in Debt.

YET ... those that are paid with a paycheck usually use a fake S.S. #, taxes are taken from those paychecks, taxes that they will never be able to claim, taxes that the government gets, taxes that no one knows what the government does with them
    Well then there not innocent since with your own admission, that have broken another law. Just how many laws are broken, by each and ever illegal. I couldn't count them on my hands that is for sure.

I have a stake in immigration reform because my husband is Mexican, he's been in the US illegally for ten years and his only wish is to see his mom one day. He misses his parents and it's so hard for me to come to grips with that.
    Maybe you should have considered what would happen, when he is caught. Maybe he should have thought of going back 10 years ago and coming legally. Me and my wife waited our turn. So I and my wife would expect that you could have done the same.

Adios, au revior, auf weidersehen.....Good Night! Banned
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast