Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"No Child Left Behind"

When parents are deported, all children under 21 depart with them. PERIOD.
    Judy? I had no idea that was what he meant. I sure wish that guy would quit with the double talk so we could understand what he really means once in awhile.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tk422 unfortunately a last name means a great deal. I retired from the State of California. I worked with an Italian man from New York who had a Spanish surname by virtue of the fact that his great grandfather had come here from Spain (Europe). Because of his last name he went to Rutgers free and the state promoted him every time he became eligible for a promotional exam. He did not speak Spanish and he spent most of his work days reading the sports page and flirting with secretaries. I personally liked the guy but sometimes I think of him when government hiring practices are mentioned.

Have dealt with many illegal aliens.

My husband speaks fluent 'Mexican' - in other words, he speaks their language -well he speaks their father's language. Much like American language today, it is somewhat different from English of a generation ago.

Are they good people - some are - some aren't.

Are they hard workers - some are - some aren't.

In our state, they are crushing the education system.

They are using food stamps.

They are getting free food through WIC.

They are getting totally free medical care. (I just 'talked" to a young lady who was an RN in a border hospital. She said the American people would not believe the amount of services they get that Americans can't. She said there is a chemo treatment for cancer that is very, very effective. It costs $10K a treatment. Insurance companies are saying it is experimental and will not pay for it. So if you have the money, you can get some first class treatment for cancer - or if you are an illegal as they get the treatment free.

My grandson was taken to the local ER for a severe allergy attack. He was told it would be 4 hours before he could be checked in - the doctors will not come out until you are checked in by the ER staff. The waiting room was full of illegals.

Our auto insurance is out of site.

Property taxes are skyrocketing. The elderly are having to sell their homes because they can't afford the taxes on thier homes.

I used to help a friend liquide estates. One of the ways the new arrivees get their households goods is from estate and garage sales. I am being very kind when I say that 50% of the women would steal or attempt to steal from the sales. They teach the kids to steal -

Should I go on - yes I have known some - yes I have liked some -

But they are here illegally - they are destroying this nation and the future of our children and grandchildren.

By the way there are Americans cooking and eating out of garbage cans also. Many of them fought for this country.

Mexico will never be any better unless and until they make it better.

A lesson we need to learn and soon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I worked with a couple at Denny's. I was cornered late at night when it was just me and the cook once in the kitchen and once in the walk in refrigerator. I was also attacked by one at the 7-11 in Texas a few years ago. I had my mace with me, though. Why? Do you have something to say to me? Come on, let's go. I like talking about this.

Talk about missing the point. The issue of deporting illegal immigrants is not relative to whether or not they are good people. It has to do with the financial burden put on our citizens by allowing illegal immigrants to utilize public services that are funded by taxes as well as a high risk of national security during a time where securing our borders is crucial.

Immigrants can be nice as nice can possibly be, but that does not change the economic and social impacts of their presence. Would you adopt 12 really nice children you cannot afford to raise? Most likely not. Why then would we take on responsibility of giving away billions of dollars each year to illegal immigrants on account of being good people?

We want to help poverty al throughout the world, but draining our resources faster than we can replenish them will not solve anything. It will only bring us down to their level. What happens when we are all poor and wanting to migrate to a wealthier nation? 12 million is bad enough; just imagine 200 million. That's exactly where we are headed... with the best intentions in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisita_Guapita
    Let me give you a crash course.
    Oh boy. Here we go again

Everyone wants to scream 'Illegal', as if no one has ever broken a law here in the good ole US of A.
    Entering illegally is the first law illegals have broken. So, you take that lightly?

First off I watched all the debates on MSNBC and the most validating comment made tonight was the fact that alot of the soldiers fighting for the US right now carry Hispanic last names. Recruiting materials are even printed en Espanol!
    That would be the only reason I'd agree to let an illegal remain in the US.

Mexicans work crappy jobs whether it be in the fields harvesting food, construction work digging trenches or in dangerous factories that pay next to nothing where Americans will not work.
    First of all, you need to clarify whether or not the Mexican is legal or illegal. Did you know that construction used to be a high-paiying job until illegals drove the wages down; as in every low skilled job. Some used to be done by high schooler and college students. american kids cannot even find low-skilled summer jobs because illegals have grabbed them.?

And I see Fox and Bush has fed you the lie about jobs Americans will not do.

Mexicans are not allowed a drivers license, like the rest of the population
    Illegal Mexicans and all other illegals are not allowed to have drivers' licenses. Legal Mexicans are.

Mexicans are not allowed the luxury of health insurance or Medicaid.
    That's a lie. Mexicans; legal and illegal with no insurance can go to an ER room or a health clinic and get treated free of charge at taxpayers expense. Are you trying to tell us that the billions this country spent on uninsured health care for illegals is a lie?

Mexicans don't get paid vacations, sick days and if an employer chooses not to pay them, there's nothing they can do.
    True. If the Mexican is in the US illegally.

those that are paid with a paycheck usually use a fake S.S. #, taxes are taken from those paychecks, taxes that they will never be able to claim, taxes that the government gets, taxes that no one knows what the government does with them.
    Using a fake SS# is a criminal offense.

Mexicans pay for local taxes because like the rest of us when they buy a car they must register the vehicle with the DMV and insure the vehicle.
    Well if the Mexican is legal, they have to follow the same DMV rules/laws as citizens.

If you've never tried to get coverage using a Mexican license then you've never really saw outrageous rates!
    The majority of states require that any individual who is a citizen or legal immigrant must acquire the license of that state of residence after 30 days. If a Mexican is illegal with a Mexican drivers' license, **tough cookie**

Immigrant children attend school, most do not speak English and even though their parents pay local taxes the children are not accomodated in any way, they're simply thrown into a classroom and expected to miraculously learn English unless they live in Texas or Chicago in highly populated Hispanic areas, rural America does not have accomodations for these kids.
    That is an outright lie! Because of the No child Left Behind Act, the US is forced to accomodate non-English speaking children, even if it requires hiring teachers to teach them in their native language. But if I wanted my child to be taught a foreign language which is not part of the extracurricular program in that school, **I** as an American citizen has to pay for it or wait until he enters high school.

I have a stake in immigration reform because my husband is Mexican, he's been in the US illegally for ten years and his only wish is to see his mom one day. He misses his parents and it's so hard for me to come to grips with that.
    Did you know he was illegal when you married him? Go to Mexico with him. Oh... forgot Mexico's immigration policies are some of the worst in the world.

most people think that when an 'illegal' marries a US citizen that they automatically gain the right to live in the US ... that's so not true.
    Well it is true if an American citizen marries someone who is here legally via a Visa or other LEGAL means.

Then I'll file a waiver where my husband will be forced to reside in Mexico for 6 months to a year hoping the waiver will be approved, all the while paying hundreds of dollars for each immigration process.
    People who are here legally and want to become citizens pay hundreds of dollars anyway. You want special treatment because you married an illegal?

My family can't be separated, our 4 year old would literally die without his daddy, he's crazy about him! Our children were born here in America, they attend American schools and they speak English ... are we supposed to pack up and go to Mexico too? Our home is here in the US.
    Sorry for you

I think of the challenges my mixed children will experience in their lifetime. If I had've married a black man, would things be easier?
    For those who believe in classifying people into races... I don't..... your Mexican husband, unless he is of African descent would actually fall under the group Caucasion.
    But you need to remember, your plight really has nothing to do with **race** or *racism*

Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man and to this day, people still mock his words. He was a man of great vision and his dream is still alive in the hearts of so many, including mine.
    I know you didn't go there!
    Illegals entering this country illegally and demanding rights from a government that they are NOT LEGALLY PART OF has absolutely nothing to do with MLK and civil rights. Shame on you!

If we could claim the earned income credit on our taxes, maybe we could take the kids on a vacation, buy a new lawn mower or build on to our house.
    Do your taxes as 'married filing separately.' Oops you can't do that. The IRS would be on to your illegal husband. Sorry.

I got your "crash course." You've been given yours.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Ever notice that they come on here with an emotional speel?

It is always a sob story about why the rules should not apply to their situation.

And.........here's my beef, she said they could add onto their home? They own a home? What the h*&*!! How did he get financing and my husband, an American, and Vietnam Veteran, hardworking (BUT SIMPLY DOES NOT MAKE ENOUGH!!) cannot qualify for anything but a VA loan for $71,000.00, certainly not enough to buy a house with, well maybe in 1980 it would have.

Boy that would be nice, wonder what kind of crummy job he got? I think I would want my husband to do that job, then we could acutally afford to buy a house.

Nice to know that illegals can live in a way the rest of us only dream of (as I sit here, smelling the leaking sewer pipe under the crawl space again, that the landlord fixed with plastic and duct tape!). Wonderful.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have illegal immigrants all around me. I am a secretary I get harassed by the public daily cause I don’t speak Spanish. Most jobs won’t hire you if you if you are not bilingual. My company is going to hire a Spanish speaking person who may not be as qualified for the job but because of the demand they feel they need to.

I stand in line at the local bank and wonder what the posters on the wall say because they are in Spanish.

I’m not a racist, my husband is Spanish. My husband didn’t speak Spanish when he came here, but he felt he needed to if he wanted to live a good life here. I helped him learn English.

I feel that if I were to move to France and want to live a good life I would have to learn French and I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

More and more job’s are only hiring bilingual. Why? I get a lot of people that say, “well, I feel more comfortable speaking Spanish.” If you want to speak Spanish in your own home that’s fine but when you go to the bank or the store or any where in public you sould speak English.

Don’t you think it would be more polite to speak the language of the country you’re in?

Quit draining the system.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    noidontspeakspanish, it's called pandering. Businesses that cave into the "bilingual" politically correct crowd, are panderers, and as far as I am concerned, traitors.

As for the issue of moving to another country, I would never think to move anywhere and not speak their language and make everyone else accomodate me. I would make an all out concerted effort to learn their language.

But, then again that's why we Americans get into so much trouble, we're always playing the "nice guy" and so all these anti-American groups think now they can push us around. It really does not pay in this world to do things the right way , does it? If we were to all start living like the illegals and doing anything we wanted and did not play by the rules, WE would be in trouble, but it's ok for them to.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    But, then again that's why we Americans get into so much trouble, we're always playing the "nice guy" and so all these anti-American groups think now they can push us around. .
    I don't think these companies have bilingual policies because they want to be the "nice guy"- they do it for financial reasons. If they have employees who speak the language, they get the Hispanic population's money. Why do you think they have that Cheerios commercial with the Hispanic family having breakfast and speaking spanish? It's not that they want to be "nice" to Hispanics, they want Hispanics to buy their products. And as long as those companies keep doing that- guess what? There will be no need for them to ever learn english.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast