Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FYI - DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS?

November 1, 2007

Mr. XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    XXX, CA 91301

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about agriculture-related immigration. I appreciate you sharing your views with me.

As you know, the United States Senate passed legislation last year in response to the serious problems with our nation's immigration system. While I consistently voted for tough enforcement provisions and to provide the resources necessary to secure our borders, I voted against this final bill because it would not have done enough to protect Michigan jobs. Also, I continue to oppose amnesty and Social Security for illegal immigrants.

The Senate has been debating new immigration legislation this year. I oppose this bill for the same reasons I voted against last year's legislation.

President Bush's new guest worker program, contained in both bills, opens our borders to hundreds of thousands of new guest workers every year. Importing cheap foreign labor is wrong for Michigan and wrong for America. We need an effective immigration system that works for businesses and communities and that protects the basic rights of legal immigrants, who are such an important part of our state economy. In the end, this legislation failed to strike the proper balance between security, fairness and preserving Michigan jobs.

Thank you for contacting my office. I will keep your strong views in mind if the Senate considers this issue again. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

DS:gt

April
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    WE WILL PREVAIL!!!

UNITED WE STAND!!!

WE WILL NOT BE STOPPED!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    FYI - DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS?

November 1, 2007

Mr. XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    XXX, CA 91301

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about agriculture-related immigration. I appreciate you sharing your views with me.

As you know, the United States Senate passed legislation last year in response to the serious problems with our nation's immigration system. While I consistently voted for tough enforcement provisions and to provide the resources necessary to secure our borders, I voted against this final bill because it would not have done enough to protect Michigan jobs. Also, I continue to oppose amnesty and Social Security for illegal immigrants.

The Senate has been debating new immigration legislation this year. I oppose this bill for the same reasons I voted against last year's legislation.

President Bush's new guest worker program, contained in both bills, opens our borders to hundreds of thousands of new guest workers every year. Importing cheap foreign labor is wrong for Michigan and wrong for America. We need an effective immigration system that works for businesses and communities and that protects the basic rights of legal immigrants, who are such an important part of our state economy. In the end, this legislation failed to strike the proper balance between security, fairness and preserving Michigan jobs.

Thank you for contacting my office. I will keep your strong views in mind if the Senate considers this issue again. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

DS:gt
    "realsball are you asking a question here?

Looks like a great letter from Stabenow, shes against guest worker and amnesty, I thought I remembered her being on our side. Way better letter than the junk ones I get from Crapo and Craig!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the activism and tips everyone. Let's keep the pressure on. I read that AgJOBS has been kicking around since 2001, and there is still no need for this huge amnesty!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

shes against guest worker and amnesty
    That's the way I interpreted it. Just checking to see if anyone possibly knows more than what's on it's face.

We have a very short time until both AgJOBS and LOST hit the Senate floor for votes. Of course, everyone here is aware of both of these issues but there are millions of Americans who have their head in the sand, unaware, and/or apathetic. If we can just reach a few of them and get them to act or spread the word, it can only help our cause. Below, I have listed a letter that I sent to newspapers in my area. Maybe they will print it, maybe they won't. If they do, great! Someone who had no idea ofthese isues will then be informed and maybe even spured into acting.

Will you join in? You can use my letter exactly as written, modify it, or if you like, compose your own. But, why not give it a shot? Send in a letter to the newspaper in your area and who knows, maybe it will get printed. You know the old saying..."nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Letter to Editor:

Amnesty again and Sovereignty lost

The Senate is again up to its usual scheme of working against American citizens and to the detriment of our country. Two important issues will be decided very soon. The first is the AgJOBS amendment, which will give amnesty to over 3 million illegal alien agricultural workers and their families. It would also let those farmers and agribusiness corporations who illegally employed them off the hook, as well. The second is the Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST). This would subjugate our Constitution to the U.N. and severely impair our sovereignty. It is the first step toward World Government. Time is short to contact the Senate and express your outrage at these measures. Be involved and let them know what you think.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is to the point of being ridiculous. These Senators need to learn WHO is in charge here, US, Citizens, not the illegal aliens or their supporters.

I can't wait for election to roll around, I think a lot of these "elite" power brokers are going to find themselves out of a job.........

April
    LETS KEEP THE BALL ROLLING TODAY PATRIOTS!!! WE ARE GETTING DOWN TO THE WIRE NOW!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE DEDICATION YOU ARE SHOWING THIS EFFORT!!!!

LETS CALL, FAX AND EMAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by RealID
    This is to the point of being ridiculous. These Senators need to learn WHO is in charge here, US, Citizens, not the illegal aliens or their supporters.

I can't wait for election to roll around, I think a lot of these "elite" power brokers are going to find themselves out of a job.........
    I think it is two bad all of the traitor Demacrates that voted for every amnesty isn't up for re-election Republicans also for that matter!!

DITTO TO EVERYTHING APRIL SAID!!!AND FILL THE VOICE MAILS.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I am new to the site. Seems to be a lot of fine Americans here. Just to share a quick one with you has anyone out there tried to report companies hiring illegal workers with any success?

Even when the evidence is overwhelming none of the government agencies will take action.

I watched in amazement as a subsidiary of one of the largest corporations in this country actually sent employees to obtain more documents because the Social Security Administration sent what we call no-match letters to the company questioning the accuracy of the name or number being used.

The only action taken so far was after a former employee sent an e-mail to the senior management and executives of the corporation and copied it to Bill O'Reilly. Who, by the way never responded either.

The President and a senior Vice President both lost their jobs and over three dozen workers that had been allowed to change their documents were also terminated. Several others who were involved or had knowledge of the situation have had no action taken against them.

The two senators from Georgia were notified about what had occurred along with ICE, FBI, and SSA. All records of this event are in the company files. They are too afraid to destroy them.

I wander what would happen if these people had been terrorists. Just think about it. They had direct access to raw food products that were distributed to hundreds of thousands of people.

I guess our fine enforcement personnel are just too overwhelmed to research such events.

It disgusts me how those charged with protecting the people can ignore the heroes that stand in harms way to protect all of our families including those who refuse to carry out the charge of the positions they hold.