Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I just hate to see these events turn into a racist idea but I know full well that it will.

What EVENTS are you referring to and How do you know that they will turn in RACIST idea?

I have caught illegals on my property many times and they have always done what I told them to do, I bring them in and give them water and food if they want it but back they go.

How is it that these ILLEGALS "go back?" Who's bringing them back or do they go back because you request that they take the trek south?"

Sometimes I really have a hard time because I have Mexican friends on both sides of the border

Why is it hard? If our Mexican friends in America care about the USofA as they claim they do, then there shouldn't be any problem. If there's a problem, then common sense would lead us to believe that their allegiance is not with America but with breaking the Rule of Law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A friend of mine lives in a city where the county commisioner was running for county president against the democratic incumbent and my friend just happens to hate democrats so he voted for the repub in the primary .

He had the brilliant idea to email his long list of complaints to his town's mayor and CC the county commish as well whom he had voted for in the primary. He complained about his illegal mexican neighbor and all the many many laws they were breaking incuding the loud music, building without a permit, leaving dogs out all day and night, rats in the yard etc.

He received a call back from the county commish's office who was very sympathetic to his plight and agreed to 'take care of the situation'.

Well, the following day all heck broke loose and every imaginable city and county dept descended on the illegal's house, handing out citations, tickets and warnings of all kinds with a promise to follow up with further inspections. My friend was thrilled and the illegals have been very quiet and orderly ever since because they now know that they are under the microscope of the Americano law enforcement offices.

Give it a try folks. It may work for you as well?
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

I know I don't need to say anything. Also, don't ask me because I don't know what it is either.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mountaindog,

My biggest fear is that this issue will become a anti-Mexican one which it is not!
    I haven't seen anything on here that remotely resembles'anti-Mexican'. What I have seen is reporting of bad behavior.

I don't hate Mexicans, in fact I don't blame them for wanting to come here. I have seen how they live down there. But it has gotten out of hand and in many ways it is our fault for allowing it to happen but then how were we to know it would get this bad
    I do blame them for coming here - the fact that I blame the government and greedy employers doesn't mean that I accept these people are ignorant of the fact they are breaking the law and causing harm and distress to the American people. They know.

Another thing we need to realize and I have been saying for years, all these people are not just poor people who are running from poverty. In fact, I would say that has not been the majority for a number of years. These people that come here are educated, middle class people. They leave jobs in Mexico to come here because the pay is better. They can make more money here, have a safety net, their kids get an education . If they graduate from high school in Texas, they get 2 years free in a community college or tech school - they get instate tuition.

There was an article in the Dallas or Ft. Worth newspaper this week about how educated these newest illegals are.

We need to stop making excuses for them -

There are a number, large number, of Americans living in poverty in this country - and the number is growing. Should we give them leave to just move in and take what they need - because 'we understand they are poor'?

Why do we make excuses and allowances for foreigners that we won't make for our own poor???

Hindsight is always 20/20.
    One of the reasons I joined the Minuteman group out here was to be sure there was no racism involved, I will not put up with that!!
    What we really need to be doing is putting pressure on Mexico to fix their government and make a better standard of living for the people who live there!
    For many of us, it wasn't hindsight. Many of us know we have laws for a reason and they should have been enforced many, many years ago.

When you say, "One of the reasons I joined the Minuteman group out here was to be sure there was no racism involved, I will not put up with that!!"" - it kinda gets my attention. I just wonder why anyone would even mention it in a post regarding illegal aliens???

As for putting the pressure on Mexico - fine - but how can we do that when the pressure valve of allowing their poor to come here, is accepted and excused by so many.

Again, I just wonder why you felt the need to mention racism - ?????

A new law will be enacted, if you call the police on them you will be arrested.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Dixie, I have seen this type of thing before. I can sympathize with the laundry drying, many times I have had little to no laundry money. Been there. But the trash? That is just ridiculous.

Here in our apartment complex, they will let the bags of garbage sit on their decks/patios not closed all the way, and of course you will get maggots (had them drop onto our patio when we lived in one of the downstairs apts. before we got the duplex).

What I see going on is just pure laziness, nothing more. If you truly needed your trash gone for sanitations sake, you would do one of many things, call the city say "hey I am having trouble financially and cannot afford trash service, but do not want to have garbage sitting around (to which most cities will help, to keep it nice and sanitary). As well, people can make a compost pile with "green" kitchen scraps and lawn cuttings (meaning no animal products only peels, old veggies, etc..), then they can burn their paper waste, and then they can flatten cans, recycle plastic and glass. If you make that effort, and then telling the city you have no money for trash servcice, no doubt they would work with someone.

Being poor does not have to mean lving among trash and waste. Poor people can be clean too, it just takes personal effort!! Apparently many of these illegals do not want to do that!

The maintenance guy I am having problems with even gets disgusted by these people around here. The garbage, the junk, the trash thrown on the ground, the kids breaking stuff and guys getting drunk in the parking lot.

There is not excuse, not even feigning ignorance, they can visually see how we live here, they can ask how to get things done.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmerLiz,

My thoughts exactly. Poverty is not the reason for that mess. It's the lack of regard for the social norm and desire to acclimate.

They have received directions from the city but it doesn't last long. I wanted to take a picture of the front but my little wren hopped up on the porch, with a fat worm. It was feeding time for the babies in my birdhouse. So I went back inside.

Dixie

Wow, I got a lot of questions to answer so I will try to do my best, I hope these are only questions and I am not upseting anyone, I am willing to share my thoughts but I don't need to argue with anyone.
    The reason I brought up racism had a bit to do with the title of this thread but more to do with the fact that the pro-illegal groups here are branding people like me, white minutemen as racist, nothing brings this home more than being out there and guarding our border and have a car full of people drive by and flip you off and call you a racist b*****d. I just don't want those of us who oppose illegal immigration to sink to that level.
    Keep in mind I live on the border and when I catch any illegal on my property I place them under citizens arrest and call the Border Patrol who are more than happy to come out and pick them up. Out on the border I just report their movements and let the BP take care of it.
    One of the reasons I find this hard to do is that I fell sorry for many of these people, can you imagine what it must be like to live in a third world country where corruption and poverty is a way of life, I can because I have been there and seen it! But I still stop them when I can!
    The reason I feel it is our fault is becase we, and by we I mean our elected officals have allowed it to go for so long on and not people like you you and me.
    Twenty five years ago everybody and their brother up here knew that kids were coming through a hole in the border fence and going to school on our side, when the locals complained people were sent up to check it out and the school showed them all to have a US address, they didn't want to lose these kids because they received money from the State for their attendance, it is greed and corruption on these people part who have allowed this problem to come about! Not the local people.
    I honestly believe that if all the illegals were to protest as they did on May first asking Americans to help them take back their country and make it a democracy that we would and allow them to return to a nation where they can live in peace and security.
    I hope I have answered all your questions, but please feel free to ask any more, I am a lazy typist so I don't always explain myself well.
    My best regards to all.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Wow, I got a lot of questions to answer so I will try to do my best, I hope these are only questions and I am not upseting anyone, I am willing to share my thoughts but I don't need to argue with anyone.
    The reason I brought up racism had a bit to do with the title of this thread but more to do with the fact that the pro-illegal groups here are branding people like me, white minutemen as racist, nothing brings this home more than being out there and guarding our border and have a car full of people drive by and flip you off and call you a racist b*****d. I just don't want those of us who oppose illegal immigration to sink to that level.
    Keep in mind I live on the border and when I catch any illegal on my property I place them under citizens arrest and call the Border Patrol who are more than happy to come out and pick them up. Out on the border I just report their movements and let the BP take care of it.
    One of the reasons I find this hard to do is that I fell sorry for many of these people, can you imagine what it must be like to live in a third world country where corruption and poverty is a way of life, I can because I have been there and seen it! But I still stop them when I can!
    The reason I feel it is our fault is becase we, and by we I mean our elected officals have allowed it to go for so long on and not people like you you and me.
    Twenty five years ago everybody and their brother up here knew that kids were coming through a hole in the border fence and going to school on our side, when the locals complained people were sent up to check it out and the school showed them all to have a US address, they didn't want to lose these kids because they received money from the State for their attendance, it is greed and corruption on these people part who have allowed this problem to come about! Not the local people.
    I honestly believe that if all the illegals were to protest as they did on May first asking Americans to help them take back their country and make it a democracy that we would and allow them to return to a nation where they can live in peace and security.
    I hope I have answered all your questions, but please feel free to ask any more, I am a lazy typist so I don't always explain myself well.
    My best regards to all.
    I doubt we'll sink to that level, its already been taken. We're just pointing out the obvious that seems not to be so Obvious to the people who are already obvious, but seem to not realize it.

I doubt we'll sink to that level, its already been taken. We're just pointing out the obvious that seems not to be so Obvious to the people who are already obvious, but seem to not realize it.
    Xianleather, that's political speak if I ever heard it. Are you running for office?

Dixie