Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by cassie
    Off topic Cassie. This is an illegal immigration forum.
    and this is my thread, and if I want to bring it up, I do so, unless alipac says me not to. I just felt terrible how dolphins are treated, I write from the heart, why is this a problem ? I'm just asking a question, we're just having a dialogue. I have spend so much time discussing illegal immigration and its problems, why is mentioning dolphins in one sentence of a post a problem after all my efforts ?
    General Discussion
    Discuss the issues of illegal immigration, congress, the President, campaigns, legal immigration, security, laws, gangs, border patrol, and homeland security here.

I suggest you start another thread in OTHER TOPICS.

I didn't say you were selfish, I was talking to another person
    Calling anyone here selfish because they don't want continue supporting this human tsunami is unacceptable. To each his own.

Who cares about 0,1% illegals if we can manage to get rid of 99,9% of them ??
    I've seen you use these numbers a couple of times. Sources please.

Sounds good to me Cassie. Do whatever you want as long as you keep your hand out of my pockets.
    I'll keep my hands out of your pocket, just as I expect you to keep your hands out of my pocket. and don't forget that illegals take more out of my pocket than from your pocket. You live in NC, I live in Ca, we and Texas take the nation's burden of illegals and their costs. Not nc, ga, ne, mi, wa, nd, mn, etc
    I always thought one's income and one's property value figured into the tax equation, too. At what rate depends on where one lives.

BTW, where do you think the federal dollars going to CA hospitals comes from? LA's asking for more federal dollars now to fight gang violence. Federal dollars come from "nc, ga, ne, mi, wa, nd, mn, etc" so we're all paying.

By all means, be as magnanimous as you like, BUT do it with your own money.

Once again, how many of your friends are illegal aliens
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok Crocket,

you can be right about Gore, but who else should I vote for ?
    I use my Constitutional right to vote and it has to be a Democrat, so is there anyone better than Gore ???
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the reply. Despite my spunky comments, I am glad you're here - we need more people that are Democrats to 'get on board' (with requisite apologies to those steadfast Republican folks here...). Like I said earlier, I'm a registered Independent and will vote on the issues I feel are most important - party affiliation is not a primary concern for me at this point. I find myself walking a very curious middle-ground with respect to a lot of the more politically-oriented comments here, but....it's to be expected and it's no big deal to me.

As an example, in my state, we have 1 Rep. Senator, and 1 Dem Senator - both have miserable ratings by ABI. For Representatives, we have 4 Dems and 1 Rep. The best rated is a Dem, the next best a Rep - the other 3 Dems are fair-to-miserable. Party affiliation, for my state, really doesn't mean very much.

Just a couple more points I wanted to mention:

This one I'd like to address though -

the H1B is not the problem here. When you have 10 million illegal aliens, who cares about 65,000 people that come here legally through the H1B ? The H1B is for scientist and university educated people, they won't force our middle class out of jobs.
    As one with a BS, MS and do work in the high-tech area, I can tell you that the H1B program is a joke. It is a big part of the problem for this reason: roughly 1/2 of all persons in the US illegally initially entered 'legally' eg. as tourists, students or other 'temporary' workers and later have become overstayers, absconders, etc. They were supposed to have voluntarily packed up and left - but, no, they have acted as their very own immigration adjudication officer and appointed themselves a longer stay (grounds for immediate, automatic and irrevocable loss of visitation privileges in my book).

I do know people born out of the country that are also graduate degree holders and do work in the technical/scientific area. Since they followed all the rules, filed all the correct paperwork, and demonstrated an interest in becoming a US citizen..., well, I don't have a problem with such persons (it's more competition for me professionally in the long run, but, because they followed all the rules I don't have a problem with such thing).
    I would like to see the standard be: when there are no unemployed or under-employed American high-tech workers, then, and only then, consider allowing H1Bs in. Having said all the above, I believe H1Bs do undermine the opportunities of citizens in the middle class.

Last thing - I've noticed your use of comma notation to denote percentage or decimals - as in:
    99,9% of them ??
    Are you a naturalized / permanent resident, or did you grow up outside the US (not that it really matters, just curious...)?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Discuss the issues of illegal immigration, congress, the President, campaigns, legal immigration, security, laws, gangs, border patrol, and homeland security here.
    Killing and torturing baby dolphins can be stopped by changing the laws. Anyway, why do you fall over 1 sentence about dolphins while most of my time is an effort to find a solution to the problems we have with illegals.

Calling anyone here selfish because they don't want continue supporting this human tsunami is unacceptable. To each his own.
    no, I call someone selfish when someone says that a problem is not of his making and therefor does't care about it, and this was the reason I came with the dolphins.

easy for you to say, more of our tax money goes to illegals than in any other state. You can say that we're all paying, but that's half true. Everybody knows that it's our Californian hospitals, our schools, our environment suffers more under this illegal aliens invasion than in any other state. I haven't heard of hospitals closing in ND because of illegals, we in California pay the price, and if persons have never been to California, they don't know what they talk about

Why this question ? I told you I want to get rid of 99% of illegals, or do you think that I've friends that are in the 1% group ?
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

deleted by Cassie, I copied this answer into my last post

Cassie

cassie Wrote:

We can’t take in everybody, don’t you understand that ?. I’m talking about the poorest of the world already here. I’m not for opening the borders. I’m just trying to find a solution for the ones already here. We can make illegals self deport, but I‘ve never supported forced deportation. It will damage our image. We have 10 million illegal aliens, and if we can get rid of 9,9 million of them, we can allow 100,000 poorest to stay. 100,000 people to get amnesty is always better than 10 million, don’t ya think ? Don’t you understand you will not be able to get it your way completely ?
    Better yet, why don`t we give amnesty to the ones waiting in line instead of the one tryng bully their way in.

I think the phase "Supply and Demand" is be used too loosely .
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the reply. Despite my spunky comments, I am glad you're here - we need more people that are Democrats to 'get on board' (with requisite apologies to those steadfast Republican folks here...). Like I said earlier, I'm a registered Independent and will vote on the issues I feel are most important - party affiliation is not a primary concern for me at this point. I find myself walking a very curious middle-ground with respect to a lot of the more politically-oriented comments here, but....it's to be expected and it's no big deal to me.
    Hi PhredE, I will also vote for the issues that are most important to me, but it's always been the Dems, they represent me more than any other. Well, not really, I mentioned here before that Patrick J Buchanan would be a very good and honest president. He's religious, while I'm not, but I can get over that. But we have two things in common, we share the 2 main concerns: illegal immigration and the war in Iraq. There're issues that are important too, but these 2 are ther most important with the war on number 1. The reason I never voted for him is because I can't split my vote.

As an example, in my state, we have 1 Rep. Senator, and 1 Dem Senator - both have miserable ratings by ABI. For Representatives, we have 4 Dems and 1 Rep. The best rated is a Dem, the next best a Rep - the other 3 Dems are fair-to-miserable. Party affiliation, for my state, really doesn't mean very much.
    What state are you from ??

As one with a BS, MS and do work in the high-tech area, I can tell you that the H1B program is a joke. It is a big part of the problem for this reason: roughly 1/2 of all persons in the US illegally initially entered 'legally' eg. as tourists, students or other 'temporary' workers and later have become overstayers, absconders, etc. They were supposed to have voluntarily packed up and left - but, no, they have acted as their very own immigration adjudication officer and appointed themselves a longer stay (grounds for immediate, automatic and irrevocable loss of visitation privileges in my book).
    But this has nothing to do with the H1B. Tourists and international students come here on M1, F1, or J1 for students or tourist visa for tourists. This is totally different from the H1B. There're always people that abuse the h1b visa, but the intention of the h1b is not bad,. Of we lack doctors or surgeons, why not bring the educated ones here to save American lives ???

I would like to see the standard be: when there are no unemployed or under-employed American high-tech workers, then, and only then, consider allowing H1Bs in. Having said all the above, I believe H1Bs do undermine the opportunities of citizens in the middle class.
    But what I put in bold is what I understand the h1b is meant for

Last thing - I've noticed your use of comma notation to denote percentage or decimals - as in: 99,9% of them ??
    I write $ 52,000 and I write 23,97 %. I write how I want to.

Are you a naturalized / permanent resident, or did you grow up outside the US (not that it really matters, just curious...)?
    My ancestors have been here for over 200 years. They're mainly from Wales, Germany and Austria. The ancestors of my twin sis are from the same countries, and have been here just as long as my ancestors We were born in the City of Angels, she still lives there, and I moved to Sac. I've never lived outside the US, but I told this all before

[quote:27n3p8e4][quote:27n3p8e4]They have set their sights on illegal aliens becoming future voters, and don't really care what you or I think. They are looking toward the day when they will have a permanent underclass reliant on them for entitlements, and they do not intend to disappoint!
    [/quote:27n3p8e4]

Cassie Wrote:

You have no evidence for this all. The same I can say about the Republicans that they want cheap labor and people that are Catholic.
    [/quote:27n3p8e4]

cassie Read on:
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/03 ... _27_06.txt
    http://www.fairdata2000.com/CaliforniaAccess/index.html
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    [quote:lni02qir][quote:lni02qir]They have set their sights on illegal aliens becoming future voters, and don't really care what you or I think. They are looking toward the day when they will have a permanent underclass reliant on them for entitlements, and they do not intend to disappoint!
    Cassie Wrote:

You have no evidence for this all. The same I can say about the Republicans that they want cheap labor and people that are Catholic.
    [/quote:lni02qir]

cassie Read on:
    http://www.fairdata2000.com/CaliforniaAccess/index.html[/quote:lni02qir]

but..but.... many Hispanics voted Bush in 2004.
    How do you explain that ? Why all this linking to hispanics, amnesty to the Dems. Bush didn't do any better.

Killing and torturing baby dolphins can be stopped by changing the laws. Anyway, why do you fall over 1 sentence about dolphins while most of my time is an effort to find a solution to the problems we have with illegals.
    Because I've yet to see any baby dolphins who are illegal aliens.

no, I call someone selfish when someone says that a problem is not of his making and therefor does't care about it, and this was the reason I came with the dolphins.
    Though the problem isn't of our making, we care. We care that illegal aliens along with their enablers, aiders and abettors will slowly turn the US into the third world cesspools from which these people fled.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if these enablers would all go to the SOURCE of the problem and work to fix it there?

easy for you to say, more of our tax money goes to illegals than in any other state. You can say that we're all paying, but that's half true. Everybody knows that it's our Californian hospitals, our schools, our environment suffers more under this illegal aliens invasion than in any other state. I haven't heard of hospitals closing in ND because of illegals, we in California pay the price, and if persons have never been to California, they don't know what they talk about
    Cassie, dear, I've been to CA. Relatives moved from CA to MT a few years ago when they couldn't take it any longer.

If the illegal invasion isn't stopped soon, I'm afraid we'll all be seeing hospital closings even in North Dakota.

Why this question ? I told you I want to get rid of 99% of illegals, or do you think that I've friends that are in the 1% group ?
    I don't know, Cassie. That's why the question.