Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AngelaTC wrote,

"I've lived in Texas, Ohio, Florida, Michigan, New York and Illinois. I'm not sure I agree with you. McCain might win because he's white, but if that's true it's just sad."

It is not because McCain is white. It is because Barack HUSSEIN Obama is black AND a flaming liberal, WITH no experience to boot. Only a certain segment of society will run to that corner of politics, and that segment is to small. Fear AND prejudice will run the right side of the dems (or the fence sitters or the independents) to the maverick. What choice do they Republicans have? Many do not even know who Ron Paul is. The talkies will aid, reluctantly(?) but yet help will come from them.

For those fighting with their conscience. When Bush ran against Gore, who did you vote for? Why? Are you happy now?

Remember, if hindsight were 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout

For those fighting with their conscience. When Bush ran against Gore, who did you vote for? Why? Are you happy now?

Exactly. If we had voted Third Party back then, perhaps we could have started momentum for the CP or other parties -- Remember Buchanan in 2000? And that could have brought us to a better chance at the White House here in 2008. Let's not repeat the same mistakes over, and over, and over......
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I remember voting for Perot way back when...I was fed up and convinced myself that we needed a businessman in the White House. Does anyone remember that at one time Perot was leading the polls? Remember his TV ads with his flip charts and folksy mannerisms? Many believed that when he dropped out it was because he was threatened by the powers that be at the time. Who knows? I even still have my Ross Perot button around here somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

Exactly. If we had voted Third Party back then, perhaps we could have started momentum for the CP or other parties -- Remember Buchanan in 2000? And that could have brought us to a better chance at the White House here in 2008. Let's not repeat the same mistakes over, and over, and over......
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

If it's available on the ballot in November.

I'm voting " None of the above".

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I remember voting for Perot way back when...I was fed up and convinced myself that we needed a businessman in the White House. Does anyone remember that at one time Perot was leading the polls? Remember his TV ads with his flip charts and folksy mannerisms? Many believed that when he dropped out it was because he was threatened by the powers that be at the time. Who knows? I even still have my Ross Perot button around here somewhere!
    Yes, I voted for Perot in 96. The Reform Party itself was the party that represents many of our concerns, immigration, globalism, lobbying. Its too bad its gone. I guess they just came too early. Pat ran on their ticket in 2000, but that is when the media decided to destroy it, claiming Pat was too extreme for the Reform Party. That is absolute BS. They disagreed on abortion, but were very much aligned on immigration, trade, and foreign policy -- the big issues. Shows what the media can do.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

BearFlagRepublic wrote,

"Let's not repeat the same mistakes over, and over, and over......"

Agreed. Lots of work to do, an uphill battle for sure. Plenty of obstacles in the path, emotions, fear and greed. Censorship from the medias, spin, propaganda. Legalities and rules that are in place for the benefit of the two party system alone. None of these should be taken lightly as they are all thoroughly entrenched and well rooted. The status quo did not become the status quo by accident. JMHO

If you see an assualt on the 2nd Ammendment, fight just as hard as you do here, or you may not ever see a third party.

TexasBorn wrote,

"Many believed that when he dropped out it was because he was threatened by the powers that be at the time. Who knows?"

There was also a lesser amount of talk that believed that Perot ran as a spoiler against Bush Sr. as there was supposed to be animosities amongst the two oil families.

Perot in my opinion done much damage to a third party alternitive due to his indecisive ways. He was in, and then he was out, then he was in again, and then out.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Yes, I voted for Perot in 96. The Reform Party itself was the party that represents many of our concerns, immigration, globalism, lobbying. Its too bad its gone. I guess they just came too early. Pat ran on their ticket in 2000, but that is when the media decided to destroy it, claiming Pat was too extreme for the Reform Party. That is absolute BS. They disagreed on abortion, but were very much aligned on immigration, trade, and foreign policy -- the big issues. Shows what the media can do.
    ..... raising hand....me too. I think he actually made sense!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I honestly can't remember if I voted for Bush or Perot. I remember discussing the two, abd I remember my co-worker voted Perot...but I was young and foolish, and may have voted on party lines.

I certainly do not regret not voting for Gore - I was so tired of the Democratic scandals, and their aggressive foreign policy that it was time for a change.

What I've come to believe over the past years is that perhaps the Republicans don't belong in the executive branch. The whole country seems to function about as well as it can when the Democrats are the minority in the House.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by judyweller

And don't forget about the Supreme Court - NO matter how much you hate McCain he will NOT appoint the kind of liberal justices OBama will. You will get a court filled with Stephen Breyers who salaam to Internnationl Law and not the COnstitution.

I have more faith that McCain will pick conservative justices. Part of the battle, which not many seem to understand, is about the Supreme Court and who will get to fill the next vacancy -- and thee will will surely be one in the next four years.

The same McCain who headed the Gang of 14 to stop Bush from appointing conservative judges, the same McCain who said Scalia was too conservative, the same McCain who promises to make bi-partisan appointments....is actually harboring a secret plan to appoint conservative judges? Hahahahahaha...you make me laugh.

Are you and Texasborn signed up for the McCain Talking Points program (link below) or what??? If not, you might as well give it a go. And if you are, then ethically you should mention it when you're posting.

http://www.johnmccain.com/ActionCenter/ ... eract.aspx
    McCain voted for the confirmation of Roberts and Alito -- Obama voted against both of them. Doesn't that tell you anything? If it doesn't you are simply not playing with a full deck.

Obama will give us a Stephen Breyer clone, a Ruth Bader Ginsburg clone, another David Souter type. Do you really want that on the court. You forget an SC appointment is for life -- we cannot allow Hussein Obama to be president because we so dislike his opponent.

Obama is a greater threat to America and the American way of life than any candidate in my life times ( and I am 73 so I go back to FDR).