Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain has done LOTS of things that are a MYSTERY, but THIS one TAKES the CAKE!
    Finally, he did something right!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the site with someone who worked on getting Sarah Palin drafted. They are pretty excited today.......

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/

I am going to check out the 267 comments on the below update. Maybe there is something in there about illegal immigration.
    WE DID IT!!!!!!

UPDATE: Read the official McCain campaign press release.
    ------
    Every network is reporting that Gov. Palin will be introduced as McCain's pick shortly. I'l have a lot more later, but needless to say I am positively elated.

(Note: Thanks to my great boss, Matt Lewis, and Townhall.com for allowing me to blog on the clock today!)
    Posted by Adam Brickley, aka "ElephantMan" at 8/29/2008 09:19:00 AM 267 comments Links to this post
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

People will be running to vote McCain now. This is EXACTLY why the party picked her. She has no track record. she can say she supports this or supports that and no one the wiser.

Do you people honestly believe the party is going to pick a person that will go agaisnt McCains(actually the GOP's) views?

McCain will still be president. Still push amnesty... Still be a hot headed angry guy... Still have us in Iran and now possibly Russia..

GOP and Dems are no different. Then end result is the same.. Terrible for the people of the US.

It is a one party system with two factions controlled by special interest. I have ZERO faith in the future of the country. The country as we know it will not exist in 8 years.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    People will be running to vote McCain now. This is EXACTLY why the party picked her. She has no track record. she can say she supports this or supports that and no one the wiser.

Do you people honestly believe the party is going to pick a person that will go agaisnt McCains(actually the GOP's) views?

McCain will still be president. Still push amnesty... Still be a hot headed angry guy... Still have us in Iran and now possibly Russia..

GOP and Dems are no different. Then end result is the same.. Terrible for the people of the US.

It is a one party system with two factions controlled by special interest. I have ZERO faith in the future of the country as we know it will exist in 8 years.
    No way would I vote for McCain.

As far as I can see Sarah Palin and McCain are just alike.

There is not ANY information on how she feels about illegal immigration, and she has held public office for five years!

As far as I can see, McCain and Palin are mirror images.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

We need to find out where she stands on illegal immigration, that's for sure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was thinking Huckabee, but also suspected someone nobody expected....and we sure got that. I had never even heard of this woman before today. It makes sense for McCain.

-- Try to garner as much of the pro-Hillary vote as possible, putting a woman a heartbeat from the presidency.

-- Shore up religious conservatives, with one of their own on the ticket.

-- Governor of a state not seriously effected by illegal immigration, making her position ambiguous, and easy to manipulate to the OBL side.

Covers all of the bases.

I don't care about her views on other issues, I want to know about IMMIGRATION. He played it safe by picking a governor of a state not really effected by it. Doesn't hurt him, but but also makes no commitment to us on the issue. Not enough to get my vote. Possibly not enough to win the election. McCain is trying to make everyone happy, and through it, I think he will make nobody happy.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Sara decided to have and love her baby even though she knew it had downs syndrome...
    Sarah will do well with providing a role example to all girls of young age who must succumb to the liberal ideas taught in our public schools. They will think and say "well, Sarah didn't abort", "Sarah is smart" and "Sarah is successful and and a great mom" (that alone will speak volumes). She will set a precedent for aspiring young women of the future, a fresh new look and feel to American politics..perfect timing. From what I hear, she's got plenty of spunk too.

I am going to keep an open mind about this one- wait and see. There's NO way she can avoid the issue of illegal immigration. While I'm sure there are illegals residing in the state of Alaska, I doubt that the numbers are as large as in other states. Being governor of a state without radically significant population of illegals, she hasn't had to deal with the issue- YET. It's unavoidable now. I want to hear her address the issue, then I'll make a decision. I like what I've heard and read so far.

I can say this- my husband likes her already and he doesn't like ANYBODY in politics! Like he said- McCain IS 72 years old......

I can say this- my husband likes her already and he doesn't like ANYBODY in politics! Like he said- McCain IS 72 years old......
    My husband likes her already too.

Anyway, I have to admit that when I first heard the news, I thought...."Oh great, he picked a woman just to out do the Democrats."

I expected another woman that I could not relate to at all. Another business tycoon woman, or some woman who graduated from an Ivy League university law school, probably divorced, blah, blah, blah.

But my husband said, "Wait, I think you're going to be surprised. She graduated from the University of Idaho, she's been married for 20 years to the same man, they have five children, one with Down Syndrome and the oldest child enlisted and is headed to Iraq."

I said, "WHAT?!"

Then I knew it wasn't just another woman who I could not relate to.

I admit, that I feel good about her, but that there is still more that we must hear from her regarding her positions on the issues.

Because I can relate to her, I am keeping an open mind. I like a lot about her right off.....but I realize that we have to find out much more about where she stands.

BTW, this means that if McCain-Palin win that both the president and the vice president have their own children fighting in Iraq.

That's pretty unusual.

I'm pretty sure that McCain's youngest son is fighting over there. Does anyone know if that is true?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast